A board to call home

ever owned a board? what's it like?
if not, why not?

yes
pretty much the same as not owning a board since only me and 1 other person use the board. other than that i get a shitpost about once a month from someone that stumbles onto it somehow. someone tested tripcodes in 1 of the threads on my board the other day, who knows why they would test there.

Moderating other people doesn't excite me. Besides there would still exist global mods whose word gets priority over my own.

sage for psychoanalysis datamining thread

I owned a board here before Jim got here.
It was fine. Pretty casual.
Afterwards not so much.
The lack of decent mod tools became an issue, as it is for the few remaining boards that see moderate use here.
Like Hex says above, if you have a board that just a couple people use, it is fine.
But if you have one like Holla Forums that sees 30pph you will have a full time job on your hands just skimming the shit off it. I found it not to be worth it very quickly, and since it was clear that decent tools were not going to be forthcoming, I just abandoned it. It still exists, but everything has been deleted and like 99% of the boads on here it sits empty now, used only to bump the board total stat.
I thought about trying to get another board at another chan for awhile, but chans are pretty much a dead media now so I never bothered.
If you are a power-tripper it can be destructively addictive, but if you are not it can be enjoyable. You have to be a people person to do it well though. Being social (and sociable) is the first word in "social media". I think that is why Dysnomia has such a hard time here, tbh.

Harder to get traffic then I thought.

MOAR

Sorry user. Life is full of disappointment.

datamining thread do not reply

THIS

It's not a great challenge. Basically you just add banners and change the board announcement every few days.

holy fuck keep going

Mine was pretty nice. About 8 feet long, 2 inches by 8 inches. White pine, I believe it was. I modded it myself to get it just how I wanted it, changed its appearance a little bit. Then I set it up and invited people to come put stuff on it. I clean it up when ti gets cluttered and take things off it when the board would be better off without them. It is a pretty good board, all in all.

>>>/fart/
>>>/fart/
>>>/fart/
>>>/fart/
>>>/fart/
>>>/fart/
>>>/fart/

It's a hassle. You have to log in every two weeks.

Used to own /danielluke/. Apparently this is a precursor to the barth meme.

i didn't know so many girls did pics like this. this is awesome

i used to think that i would create a board for sex offenders to talk and maybe meet and greet one another, but i realized it would be too dangerous and it would be spammed and trolled to death.

severely under rated post

Most if not all of those are the same girl.

Human/Alien hybrid detected.

Yeah, a few. One big one
I've dealt with a fair share of drama, but I try not to get too caught up in it. Problems seem to sort themselves out in the end.

All they do is delete CP lol

Yes, /hgg/, /loli/ and /civ/, Holla Forums all for about a year or so.
Honestly pretty easy, vols will deal with the hard stuff. There are always going to be a few people that don't like something you did, as long as the amount of them is kept to a minimum, ignore them. You can't ever satisfy everyone.
How to run a board:

nice!

this thread is fucking cringe

Sage negated, all glory to ahego.

This thread needs to be deleted, simple because it is so fucking STUPID!

no, tbh

typical retard response tbh
never saw anyone but people posting dumb shit say this

No people hereā€¦ just us retarded autists.

copy that, satan

See you in 3 years, user.

ahegao ftw!

Hi, please come to my anime board
>>>/animeshon/

I've owned two boards
Nobody posted on either of them and they died
:^)

maybe i should have a board to just dump shit i find, like this.

Because that's what the site needs, one more dead board. Just keep posting.

this

I am a collector of pictures of lady's mouths. If you make a board, link it in the thread and I'll dump on your board when I check the thread when I wake up.