Eat broccoli

Broccoli is anti-estrogenic. It helps break down estrogen.
Eat it.

Other urls found in this thread:

jn.nutrition.org/content/133/7/2470S.full
lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/dietary-factors/phytochemicals/indole-3-carbinol
lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/food-beverages/cruciferous-vegetables
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruciferous_vegetables
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

AS A WOMAN I MUST ASK FOR PROOFS

Broccoli contains high concentrations of glucosinolate glucobrassicin. This is metabolized into Indole-3-Carbinol within the body. Indole-3-Carbinol is a negative regulator of estrogen (ie. it reduces the estrogen in the body).

jn.nutrition.org/content/133/7/2470S.full

Broccoli is a flower and flowers are gay. Checkmate, vegan.

shitty bait, lad

kek, no.
fresh broccoli is a great side dish to a nice, juicy steak.

Don't forget to eat broccoli today, Holla Forums.

Yeah, enjoy your colon cancer my dude.

Intended for this fourteen year old faggot

I BE SMOKIN BROCCOLI

because our arms, hands, and shoulders evolved to throw spears and rocks with deadly power and precision so we could take down lettuce… faggot

That's why they go so well together.
You get to eat a glorious steak and have it not feminize you.

All cruciferous vegetables have these traits. Cabbage is another good one.

Oyster is one of the best foods a man can consume. Highest a zinc rating of all foods, good cholesterols, and a few other goodies that boost sperm production.

Hunters *and* gatherers, you dummy. Even dogs eat grass ffs.

Dogs eat grass in an attempt to induce vomiting. They get no nutritional value from it.
They are omnivores, though. Grass is just not one of the tings they actually eat.

As a side note, cats are strict carnivores and they do the same thing.

show me the study

Gee I had no idea.
One thing I'm curious of, however.
In my country we eat either the broccoli flower (what you would normally imagine as the little green tree) or the broccoli sprouts, before they become flower.
Which one is healthier?

What if I smoke it?

See

Does it have to be raw or does cooked broccoli do the same thing?

Also is reducing estrogen in the body actually good?

Also what raises testosterone?

What kind of diet should I pursue to stop being an effeminate cuteboi and become a real fucking man so all these faggots fuck off and leave me alone?

best combo is steamed broccoli (with salt and pepper and olive oil) and cooked salmon. It can't get ny healthier than that.

I don't believe all humans are the same and I think we actually require very different diets depending on our genetics to be healthy.

Is it you again, Asian soyboy?
Show us your hips again and I'll tell you.

I demand proofs of ur womanizm before proofs of ant-womans veggies is posted.
TITS OR GTFO. (or just scream about feminism and never actually do shit and kill the thread)

Raw>steamed>anything else
For high test, get more saturated fats

Cooking destroys a lot of nutrition, especially in vegetables. Steaming doesn't seem to be nearly as bad though.

Eat raw onions, and broccoli I guess.
Supplement zinc (40mg a day is safe for the long term), magnesium (400mg a day, half at morning half at night), vitamin D and some other shit I forget.
Pine pollen extract under the tongue is apparently good as well.

Beyond that, you use typical /fit/ advice. Fucking exercise, eat more good fats and less sugars/carbs (unless you actually need to support all those massive gains)

lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/dietary-factors/phytochemicals/indole-3-carbinol

lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/food-beverages/cruciferous-vegetables

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruciferous_vegetables

Eat onions too.

I swear to God, I want to know why you fact collecting autists act like you've found the holy grail of nutrional wisdom when you learn little tidbits like this. You know what other foods oppose estrogen? Goddamned near everything—in some sense—unless the food is overly biased or isolated to its estrogenic influences. Here's a list of hints that is not meant to be exhaustive:

Vitamins A, D, E, K also oppose estrogenic influences, so you may as well eat liver, eggs, and milk too. (Supplement E).
Sugar promotes thyroid hormone production, and thyroid hormones oppose the actions of estrogens through multiple direct and indirect pathways—not the least of which is increasing steroidogenesis. What's funny is that Brassica has anti-thyroid compounds.
Plants have hormones too—including estrogens and androgens. I hope nobody thinks broccoli has zero estrogens (may not be called that but expect an analogue). It's a fundamental type of hormone for cellular division and reproduction. You'll have zero sperm if estrogen gets low enough.

My point is you have to be able to put things in perspective and compare foods as whole items—not by individual parts. Btw, I see a lot of hysteria about estrogens in animal foods but almost no mention of any anti-estrogenic or androgenic influences they also have and hardly enough critical analysis of legumes, nuts, and seed oils and any direct and indirect hormonal influences they have.

Go ahead; take this broccoli factoid to Jeopardy.

Indole-3-Carbinol is literally being studied for its ability to mitigate estrogen related cancers.

Try rereading the post until you comprehend it. Nowhere was there skepticism of the individual compound, indole-3-carbinol.

I think you misunderstand.
The fact that tons of shit reduces estrogen does not in any way mitigate just how powerful indole-3-carbinol is at this purpose.

It's like putting a grenade next to a stick of dynamite and saying "they both can do the same thing so there's no point in putting the dynamite on a pedestal."

My point is that this sort of perspective is way too narrow unless you're talking about isolating that compound itself and supplementing it. It's important to ask and answer questions such as:
Does eating a normal amount of broccoli give an effective dose of this substance? What other substances are in broccoli and what is the sum total of their influences?

I think it's funny that the original post says "It helps break down estrogen." Why not just eat enough or more protein and B vitamins? They help the liver get the estrogen out. How does it compare experimentally?

Maybe you don't understand where I'm coming from, so I'll show you specifically what I mean by the importance of putting things in perspective. One time an user said he had been having cold or flu-like symptoms for about a month and he was eating plenty lightly steamed broccoli, so I'll repost my long response. I think it's best not to think of most foods in black and white terms—as only good or evil. Sometimes things can go wrong, and an angel for one person is the devil for another.

Eat which vegetables? This advice is almost as meaningless and useless as saying “Breath your gases.”, “Drink your liquids.”, or “Eat your solids.” “Vegetables” could mean almost any plant material—usually but not universally excluding fruits—but is often inclusive enough to mean even weeds in the backyard. We aren’t goats. “Eat your vegetables.” isn’t real advice, because it basically reduces to whatever meme plant comes to mind that his culture and upbringing associates with health. But he’s already shown he has problems and needs help, so there’s reason to believe his common sense is inadequate.

Broccoli is one of the more difficult to digest vegetables, and seeing as how humans do not rely on lower intestinal fermentation of plant matter as gorillas (We evolved beyond it.) and no longer have the intestinal equipment to do so on their level, constantly ingesting barely cooked, difficult to digest plant matter is a recipe for illness from endotoxin and small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). Humans are meant to use the power of our enormous small intestines to digest well cooked, densely nutritious foods or juices with certain kinds of fiber in moderation. Light cooking or raw is best saved for tropical fruits/fruit juices low in starch and sometimes meat (depending on context). Blindly eating anything and everything under the meaningless category of “vegetables” is against all instinct and evolutionary inertia.

I see what you mean. If a blind man has a problem running into traffic, he should cross roads. A lot.

The more raw random plant matter ingested, the more likely something will feed malicious bacteria and further the state of illness with increased endotoxin.

It is attested by many experiments that flu-like symptoms can be caused by endotoxin. (Loh et al, 2006. Sayk et al, 2008. Korsgren et al, 2011.) When it is considered how common dysfunctional diets are, the common cold and many flus may be potentially considered as chronic low grade endotoxemia more often than not. Even the yearly winter flu may frequently be caused by this one thing, as UV light plays a role in taming microbes. (Schrier et al, 2009.)

It is established that cooking inhibits the hydrolysis of glucosinolates present in broccoli that would occur during digestion (Rungapamestry et al, 2007.) and lowers glucosinolate content (Jones et al, 2010.) while also improving the bile acid binding of the broccoli. (Kahlon et al, 2008.) It has been found that broccoli fiber and glucosinolates (Lai et al, 2009.) feeds lactic acid producing bacteria in the cecum (Butts et al, 2010.) and that broccoli alters both the composition and metabolism of cecal microbiota and colon morphology. (Paturi et al, 2012.) But bile acids reduce bacterial overgrowth, bacterial translocation, and endotoxemia (Lorenzo-Zuniga2003.) So it can be concluded that the longer and more thorough the cooking the less food for lactobacilli in the cecum/colon and the less lactic acid produced and the smaller the potential endotoxin burden.

Extra lactic acid from gut bacteria may not sound scary, but some species of lactobacillus are d-lactate producers, (Galland 2014.) and d-lactic acid is implicated in memory impairment (Hanstock et al, 2010.) and some forms of chronic fatigure syndrome (Sheedy et al, 2009.) Increased hind-gut fermentation in general has also been associated with mood and anxiety problems. (Hanstock et al, 2003. Hanstock et al, 2004.) Perhaps there is good reason to limit foods that grow large intestinal bacteria no matter how benign if only to limit the amount of complex and chaotic interactions that may occur from feeding the beast.

The point is not to demonize broccoli but to create awareness and dispell with the idea that it is universally good in every context. Could another green plant be better the vast majority of the time? One could imagine that certain kinds of bacteria needs to be present for both the worst and best outcomes. Maybe one has to be in a weakened state to reveal the bad side of broccoli, but even so, the idea that care must be taken in deciding what kind and quantity of food intestinal bacteria will receive could have broad use. There’s actually a lot of research in favor of broccoli—even for endotoxin matters—but if things can go wrong, they will. Though the picture may not be as clear as the surface would suggest if one’s own diet doesn’t match the well controlled diet of lab rats. Other foods can grow bacteria that most research hasn’t accounted for. I imagine wheat and various other starches could be even more problematic if present, especially simultaneously.

Temporarily going fiber free can allow one to starve intestinal bacteria gone wild and give relief from the chronic endotoxin burden. Foods and supplements that can give relief if the problem really does reside in the intestines:
• horseradish (Ho-Won et al, 2013. Conrad et al, 2013.)
• ginger (Park et al, 2008.)
• vinegar (Johnston and Gaas, 2006.)
• 1 tsp of coconut oil on empty stomach (Shilling et al, 2013.)
• a raw, shredded carrot salad including all of the above or at least the coconut oil and vinegar (Although raw and including fiber, carrots have antimicrobial properties.) (Babic et al, 1994)
• vitamin B₂ (riboflavin) (Martins et al, 2008. Schrier et al, 2009.)

KORSGREN, et al. Inhalation of LPS induces inflammatory airway responses mimicking characteristics of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Clinical Physiology and Functional Imaging. 2011, vol 32, n�m. 1, p. 71–79.
KUN, Ernest y PHILLIP MILLER, C.. Effect of Bacterial Endotoxins on Carbohydrate Metabolism of Rabbits.. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine. 1948, vol 67, n�m. 2, p. 221-225.
C. LOH, et al. Inhaled endotoxin in healthy human subjects: A dose-related study on systemic effects and peripheral CD4+ and CD8+ T cells. Respiratory Medicine. 2006, vol 100, n�m. 3, p. 519–528.
PLEINER, Johannes, et al. High Doses of Vitamin C Reverse Escherichia coli Endotoxin–Induced Hyporeactivity to Acetylcholine in the Human Forearm. Circulation. 2002, vol 106, n�m. 12, p. 1460–1464.
SAYK, Friedhelm, et al. Endotoxemia causes central downregulation of sympathetic vasomotor tone in healthy humans. American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology. 2008, vol 295, n�m. 3, p. R891–R898.

BUTTS, C, et al. Does dietary broccoli fibre influence body composition of the healthy rat in the presence of high and low fat?. NUTRITION SOCIETY. 2010, vol 34, p. 102.
ELENA CARTEA, María y PABLO VELASCO, . Glucosinolates in Brassica foods: bioavailability in food and significance for human health. Phytochemistry Reviews. 2007, vol 7, n�m. 2, p. 213–229.
FELKER, Peter, et al. Concentrations of thiocyanate and goitrin in human plasma, their precursor concentrations in brassica vegetables, and associated potential risk for hypothyroidism. Nutrition Reviews. 2016, vol 74, n�m. 4, p. 248–258.
B. JONES, R., et al. Cooking method significantly effects glucosinolate content and sulforaphane production in broccoli florets. Food Chemistry. 2010, vol 123, n�m. 2, p. 237–242.
SINGH KAHLON, Talwinder, et al. Steam cooking significantly improves in vitro bile acid binding of collard greens, kale, mustard greens, broccoli, green bell pepper, and cabbage. Nutrition Research. 2008, vol 28, n�m. 6, p. 351–357.
LAI, Ren-Hau, et al. Glucoraphanin is hydrolyzed by lactobacilli in vitro and rat cecal microbiota in vitro and in situ.. The FASEB Journal. 2009, vol 23, n�m. 1 Supplement, p. 561.4.
LANGER, PAVEL y VIKTOR ŠTOLC, . Goitrogenic Activity of Allylisothiocyanate—A Widespread Natural Mustard Oil. Endocrinology. 1965, vol 76, n�m. 1, p. 151–155.
LI, F., et al. Human Gut Bacterial Communities Are Altered by Addition of Cruciferous Vegetables to a Controlled Fruit- and Vegetable-Free Diet. Journal of Nutrition. 2009, vol 139, n�m. 9, p. 1685–1691.
LORENZO-ZÚÑIGA, V. Oral bile acids reduce bacterial overgrowth, bacterial translocation, and endotoxemia in cirrhotic rats. Hepatology. 2003, vol 37, n�m. 3, p. 551–557.
PATURI, Gunaranjan, et al. Influence of dietary blueberry and broccoli on cecal microbiota activity and colon morphology in mdr1a−/− mice, a model of inflammatory bowel diseases. Nutrition. 2012, vol 28, n�m. 3, p. 324–330.
RUNGAPAMESTRY, Vanessa, et al. Effect of cooking brassica vegetables on the subsequent hydrolysis and metabolic fate of glucosinolates. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society. 2007, vol 66, n�m. 01, p. 69–81.
E. TOWNSEND, Brigitte, et al. Dietary broccoli mildly improves neuroinflammation in aged mice but does not reduce lipopolysaccharide-induced sickness behavior. Nutrition Research. 2014, vol 34, n�m. 11, p. 990–999.

GALL, Leo. The Gut Microbiome and the Brain. Journal of Medicinal Food. 2014, vol 17, n�m. 12, p. 1261–1272.
HANSTOCK, TL, et al. Anxiety following increased hind-gut fermentation.. Asia Pacific journal of clinical nutrition. 2003, vol 12,
HANSTOCK, T, et al. Anxiety and aggression associated with the fermentation of carbohydrates in the hindgut of rats. Physiology & Behavior. 2004, vol 82, n�m. 2-3, p. 357–368.
L. HANSTOCK, T., et al. Increased plasma d-lactic acid associated with impaired memory in rats. Physiology & Behavior. 2010, vol 101, n�m. 5, p. 653–659.
ROWE, JB. Acidic gut syndrome’: is it a problem for animals and humans. Recent advances in animal nutrition in Australia. 1997, vol 12, p. 47–54.
SHEEDY, JOHN R., et al. Increased D-Lactic Acid Intestinal Bacteria in Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. In Vivo. 2009, vol 23, n�m. 4, p. 621-628.
URIBARRI, Jaime, et al. D-Lactic Acidosis: A Review of Clinical Presentation, Biochemical Features, and Pathophysiologic Mechanisms. Medicine. 1998, vol 77, n�m. 2, p. 73-82.
VITEK, V. y COWLEY, R. A.. Blood Lactate in the Prognosis of Various Forms of Shock. Annals of Surgery. 1971, vol 173, n�m. 2, p. 308–313.

BABIC, I, et al. Antimicrobial activity of shredded carrot extracts on food-borne bacteria and yeast.. The Journal of applied bacteriology. 1994, vol 76, p. 135–141.
F. BLOUNT, Kenneth, et al. Novel Riboswitch-Binding Flavin Analog That Protects Mice against Clostridium difficile Infection without Inhibiting Cecal Flora. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 2015, vol 59, n�m. 9, p. 5736–5746.
CONRAD, A., et al. Broad Spectrum Antibacterial Activity of a Mixture of Isothiocyanates from Nasturtium (Tropaeoli majoris herba) and Horseradish (Armoraciae rusticanae radix). Drug Research. 2013, vol 63, n�m. 02, p. 65–68.
GUPTA, Shivani y SADHANA RAVISHANKAR, . A Comparison of the Antimicrobial Activity of Garlic, Ginger, Carrot, and Turmeric Pastes AgainstEscherichia coliO157:H7 in Laboratory Buffer and Ground Beef. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease. 2005, vol 2, n�m. 4, p. 330–340.
HEASELGRAVE, W. y S. KILVINGTON, . Antimicrobial Activity of Simulated Solar Disinfection against Bacterial, Fungal, and Protozoan Pathogens and Its Enhancement by Riboflavin. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. 2010, vol 76, n�m. 17, p. 6010–6012.
PARK, HO-WON, et al. Antimicrobial Activity of Isothiocyanates (ITCs) Extracted from Horseradish (Armoracia rusticana) Root against Oral Microorganisms. Biocontrol Science. 2013, vol 18, n�m. 3, p. 163–168.
JOHNSTON, Carol S. y GAAS, Cindy A.. Vinegar: Medicinal Uses and Antiglycemic Effect. Medscape General Medicine. 2006, vol 8, n�m. 2, p. 61–61.
R. MARTINS, Suy Anne, et al. Antimicrobial Efficacy of Riboflavin/UVA Combination (365 nm) In Vitro for Bacterial and Fungal Isolates: A Potential New Treatment for Infectious Keratitis. Investigative Opthalmology & Visual Science. 2008, vol 49, n�m. 8, p. 3402.
MEDINA, EDUARDO, et al. Antimicrobial Activity of Olive Oil, Vinegar, and Various Beverages against Foodborne Pathogens. Journal of Food Protection. 2007, vol 70, n�m. 5, p. 1194–1199.
PARK, Miri, et al. Antibacterial activity of [10]-gingerol and [12]-gingerol isolated from ginger rhizome against periodontal bacteria. Phytotherapy Research. 2008, vol 22, n�m. 11, p. 1446–1449.
V PATEL, Roopal, et al. Antimicrobial activity of ginger and honey on isolates of extracted carious teeth during orthodontic treatment. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. 2011, vol 1, n�m. 1, p. S58–S61.
PEEDIKAYI, FaizalC, et al. Comparison of antibacterial efficacy of coconut oil and chlorhexidine on Streptococcus mutans: An : An in vivo study study. Journal of International Society of Preventive and Community Dentistry. 2016, vol 6, n�m. 5, p. 447.
SCHRIER, Amilia, et al. In Vitro Antimicrobial Efficacy of Riboflavin and Ultraviolet Light onstaphylococcus Aureus, Methicillin-Resistantstaphylococcus Aureus, andpseudomonas Aeruginosa. Journal of Refractive Surgery. 2009, vol 25, n�m. 9, p. S799–S802.
YUCEL SENGUN, Ilkin y MEHMET KARAPINAR, . Effectiveness of lemon juice, vinegar and their mixture in the elimination of Salmonella typhimurium on carrots (Daucus carota L.). International Journal of Food Microbiology. 2004, vol 96, n�m. 3, p. 301–305.
SHILLING, Michael, et al. Antimicrobial effects of virgin coconut oil and its medium-chain fatty acids on Clostridium difficile.. Journal of Medicinal Food. 2013, vol 16, p. 1079–1085.

Where did you get these links?

What do you mean where? I internet researched broccoli myself with scholarly search engines.

Did.. did you just intentionally underline the links in the text you copied and pasted here? Kek what a faggot.

It almost sounds like you're implying these are or were hyperlinks. Those are called references and the titles to the works I am referring to were underlined—in the original posting, not after I copied/pasted—to make it easier to read. The citation manager didn't export the URLs to these papers at the time, but it's not a problem, because 99% of the time you can just highlight, right-click, and send to search engine to find it—normally towards the top of the search results.

heh so it sounds like you did underline each element intentionally. lol.

the absolute state of nu-Holla Forums

Why do cucks insist on buying domesticated veggies from a store? Grabbing a spear and seizing nature by the pussy seems the most reasonable way to go about things.

pls boss I'm just trying to have knowledge I can use in a couple months when I'll finally stop being a broke nigger

thats not loading
even if broccoli is anti-estrogenic, it doesnt mean its healthy. Especially for women

NO! I HATE BROCCOLI!