Since I'm convinced that any left-handed guitar I can buy for less than $800 is trash...

Since I'm convinced that any left-handed guitar I can buy for less than $800 is trash, should I attempt to play my clearly asymmetric Ibanez RG upside down and ruin it in the process, or trade it for a more sensible double-cut design like an Epiphone SG?

Other urls found in this thread:

gearnews.com/gibson-les-paul-traditional-2018-now-pre-cracked-headstocks/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't even try. You're a waste of skin anyways

Being convinced of something has NEVER had any bearing on the reality of the truth. To act as if it does is to be ignorant or delusional. Which are you, OP?

What are you, some kind of poptimist indie soyboy?

Name ONE (1) guitar in production today that is available in a left-handed model that isn't patently inferior to a made in the USA Gibson or an OG nipponsei Ibanez Prestige model? There aren't any. I'm not paying $600 for garbage that some chink or wetback assembled less shittily than the rest of them.

Are you saying you're going to try to learn how to play guitar upside down? That's retarded, you will be limited in what you can effectively play.

Are you saying you're going to install a new bridge and nut, and then string it accordingly, thereby modding the guitar into a lefty? That's a lot of work. You'll also have to deal with having the control knobs where you ought to be resting your forearm.

If you're left-handed, you have two options:

You're basically even money with either option. There have been successful left-handed players to play lefty instruments, and left-handed people who learned to play right-handed.

Just get a lefty PRS you faggot.

I don't think any adjustable bridge such as a Strat or a Tune-O-Matic would have to be replaced, and one can flip around ones old nut for the same effect. The biggest problems are the lower fret access, the lead coming out of your armpit, and in the case of my guitar the tummy cut being on the wrong side and making it hard to balance, all being solved by trading it for an SG.

But their gook-made models cost just as much as an SG Special. And why would you put a non-locking floating bridge on a guitar with humbuckers? They're conflicting ideas.

SGs are not symmetrical. The lead will still come out of your armpit. You will need to get a new bridge, otherwise you're going to have to file in new slots or risk constantly breaking strings and having lousy intonation. You're making this more complicated than it's worth. If I was a lefty, I would just learn to play right-handed. You're not at any extra disadvantage learning to play righty as a lefty. As a righty, the hardest part was for me was fretting. You'll have an easier time fretting, just have to teach your right to have some rhythm. Practice by brushing your teeth and fapping right-handed.

Shit man, you didn't have to get a left-handed steering wheel when you learned to drive, did ya?

Righties never get it. Since their right hand is their dominant hand, they don't understand the sheer amount of control that picking requires. It took me months of practice to get the alternate picking pattern in For Whom the Bell Tolls, whereas I can almost do it just dicking around upside down. It's far easier to touch a fret than it is to pick a note cleanly, and that's why musical instruments are designed in that configuration.

Nobody is telling you that you have to buy one brand new, or that deals on lefty Gibs or Ibs never happen. Yes, you will have to search long and hard for them! Welcome to PAYING YOUR DUES 101! Now quit your little baby crying and get back to practicing. Bitching on a chanboard where nobody gives a shit about your problems isn't going to get them solved.

Oh, and one more thing…>>7694919
FUCKING THIS! It looks like somebody assfucked the Teletubbies with it.

can´t you just reverse the snares?

Said no one. Mark Knopfler, Joe Pass, and Robert Fripp are all left-handed virtuosos who play right-handed. Same for Billy Corgan and Noel Gallagher.

Practice on my ruined Ibanez, the passably shaped chink guitar I trade it for, or the non-trash lefty guitar I buy in a few months?

I told you you didn't get it. Flip your guitar around right now and try doing those half-inch to quarter-inch strokes right now. I can do it better than you because I'd be doing it correct-handed. Also none of those are virtuosos in the same sense as Al Di Meola or Yngwie Malmsteen because they're working with a massive handicap.

*my sides*
Can not unsee that now, thanks…

You aren't going to be either, so why even make that distinction? Anons point is that it doesn't matter which you do. It can be done successfully either way, and since none of us really give a shit, do whatever the fuck you feel like. FWIW, I only paid $400 for my lefty Les Paul Studio.

Mexican fenders are generally good quality, though I prefer gibsons as well. Hendrix played one upside down pretty successfully.

Speak for yourself. Also are you sure that's a genuine Gibson? You could have got ripped off soundly on a chink counterfeit.

Case & point: gearnews.com/gibson-les-paul-traditional-2018-now-pre-cracked-headstocks/

Paul Reed Smith SE LH
$829
your welcome

Just stop being left handed you fag

Schecter E-1 Custom LH
$899
kind of expensive for a gook guitar don't you think?