Parahumans

Tell me something traumatic or scary that's happened to you and I'll tell you your unique superpower loosely based on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

parahumans.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

besides this being datamine how exactly do you determine what superpowers you get?

Not datamining, just a creative activity for me based on Worm, a web serial I really enjoy. The traumatic thing is a "trigger event" that causes powers to manifest in those who have the capability. Powers vary based on the way the mechanism that grants powers interprets various types of trauma and stress. Direct physical harm gives a Brute aspect, leading to powers that make you strong and durable. Threats from afar create Blaster powers that strike from a distance. Psychological trauma from loss or betrayal leads to minion/control-based Master powers, while embarrassment leads to subterfuge-based Stranger powers. There's a lot more to it, but that's the idea. I didn't come up with this, I just think it's a fun fictional universe and writing powers is enjoyable.

I'll bite, almost drowned a few times.

I nearly died in a car accident, then got addicted to drugs from the pain killers I was prescribed as a result of.

You can alter the density of fluids in a wide area, about a 40 foot radius, ignoring conservation of mass. The less fluid you're affecting at any given time, the faster and more effective your power is - you can make moving through air feel like moving through water in your whole area of effect if you take a few minutes, or you can instantly convert a door-sized region to be like glass. Your power works on all fluids - liquids and gases, and you can choose to pick apart individual gases that make up a region and only affect them - increasing a room's oxygen content to fuel a fire, or reducing the density of poison in a room to be negligible. As a side effect, you have a loose sense for the density of fluids in your area of effect, giving you light general awareness of your surroundings at all times.

(Not true) Contemplated suicide for five years because of a roastie girl i fell in love with.

You have normal durability, but don't seem to feel pain, and injuries, no matter how grievous, never seem to actually harm you - the power channels your bodily functions into a fully functional extradimensional "copy" of your body for any parts that are damaged. Lost body mass is quickly replaced with hardened gnarls of intertwined muscle and bone, only loosely resembling your natural body, that feel like steel but function like extremely powerful muscle. After a few hours, the gnarled mass peels off to reveal repaired body parts, but if you get hurt through the gnarls, you're hurt for real - the extradimensional copy can't take on extra work while it's working on regeneration.

I've been beaten and screamed at plenty by my parents, subjected to strange tortures which I endured, choked "unconscious" but I fell out of my body, put under anesthesia but was still conscious as they operated on me (luckily not of pain but I was still thinking and aware and highly lucid), and I do have some powers but lets see if OP can guess.

I got lost has kid in a airport

You can rapidly grow your fingers into durable spear-like claws nearly three times their usual length. Cutting people with these claws injects a toxin that makes them more suggestible to you and you alone - the deeper the cut, the more venom they'll receive, and the more willing they'll be to obey you, no matter what you tell them. Deeper, longer cuts also make the effect last longer - if you can manage to somehow bury a whole claw in the average person and keep it there for a while, you'll have them under your control for hours before they start to snap out of it. A more normal cut, just tearing through the skin and drawing a bit of blood in the heat of battle, might only keep them for 10-30 seconds depending on how crazy your demand is.

I could elaborate on the exact natures of the tortures btw. I also tried to commit suicide once after a betrayal which along with everything else simultaneously going horribly in my life pushed me over the edge. Tried to end my life with a hunter's knife but got interrupted.

You can turn slightly intangible (selective parts of your body or all of you), enough to phase through a bullet or a fist but not a wall or even a good body slam. While your hands are in this state, you can shoot a light stream of ethereal blackish "dust" particles from your fingertips. It's a pretty weak stream, only going 10-20 feet. The dust disappears pretty quickly unless it falls on a person, in which it induces a powerful state of fear that grows more and more intense the more dust is on them. What's more, people in this state will see you as their savior - whatever they're suddenly so afraid of, you're the person that's going to make everything okay. It makes them trusting and suggestible to you, and the effect only gets stronger with more dust. And if you turn your back on them, they'll FEEL it emotionally. A lot. With enough dust, maybe you could even drive someone to suicide, having cut their only lifeline in a state of such terror.

my circumcision was traumatic (with anesthesia while being held down, the cut was made with a scissor)

By focusing, you can replace walls, floors, and ceilings with grids of thin but durable carbon plating. There's no hard limit to your range, but the further you go, the longer it takes to expand - you can create plates up to about 20 feet from your current location in the span of about thirty seconds, and 100 feet in about 10 minutes. Surfaces you convert are under your control; you can shift and move the squares as you like with high range, precision, and power (they can't leave the 2D plane they're formed on). Once the squares are formed, they take no focus to maintain so long as you're in contact with them, directly or through other squares.

One day I felt a hand press on my ass
Like full five fingers, I felt the shape of it gently lay on my buttocks and push on it
I turned around and no one was there

My right hand has this black essence thing added to it by a demon long ago that I can use to influence/curse people.

I have driven multiple people to suicide in the past and others to obsession.

I also have the ability to look into people's souls and know anything about them, bringing up memories and personality traits and whatever else information is there, and able to interact with it and examine it, then use my knowledge of their soul to conduct in person interactions to my advantage.

So your stuff is kind of related to my actual powers.

I can't do anything like that intangible stuff though, astral projection aside.

When I was young my mother tried to kill me at my birthday party. She was strangling me, and father found us and got her away from me. I presume she was put onto some kind of meds after that, but otherwise nothing was really done about it, I wasn't even sent to counseling. It was all hush hush, because they didn't want the word to get out about what she did.

You just sound like the most autistic sociopath alive.
I did all you can do with your "demon powers" and worse but unlike you i still keep my sanity, there's nothing special in you.

I live around really warped sociophatic people.

I don't like the way you characterize me and honestly want to make a life that isn't fucked up.

I never claimed I'm special I'm just telling OP what my powers are and how similar they are to what he has imagined.

I don't like to degrade or undermine people and really value virtue.

You can judge me as I judge you all but you should do so by first placing yourself in my depth point and experiencing who I am and what I've been through and what the key moments in my life that really stirred the emotions, the deep traumas, etc. were.

I don't know why you think I've lost sanity I consider myself a good person under adverse conditions just struggling to live.

I've been trying very hard at trying to distance myself from as many bad people as can but I'm also in a still vulnerable and dependent state due to sickness and injuries and still have to live around abusive people.

In the last few months though I've done pretty good at just playing games, having fun, and having nice and loving conversations with people.

Seriously just do what I do and look into my soul and then you will know me and not need to speak like this to me.

Please.

Don't do this.

I'm not sure what would be the best way to tell you this, without having you reject this piece of information I'm about to give you.
I've looked for special people all my life, often out of boredom.
I would lie if I told you I didn't meet more than a dozen sociopaths, and they all have some special mental "quirk" that just stems from autism.
You got something special going on user, but stop being childish for fucks sake, it's incredibly cringy.

Oh wait so you're just denying that I have the powers I have?

Are you doing this because you've never yet been around or encountered anyone with any unusual powers of mind?

I've demonstrated myself to many people to their complete satisfaction.

I also don't consider myself special for having powers, it's stuff anyone can do, and lots of other people besides me do.

You're one of those sceptical fedora types though that apparently hasn't yet encountered any real phenomena he can't explain away as people just being retarded, liars, etc..

I was an agnostic and didn't believe in the paranormal until I was 20 and even then that's only when I got my first exposure and I still just assumed it had to be a trick and it was wrong but it was enough to get me to investigate things intensively.

I ended up going through mountainpiles of bullshit and autism but I did find sources of information that were legitimate and people that were legitimate.

There we go, my opinion got rejected.
Confirmation bias is a hell of a drug laddie.
I'd like you to use your demon powers on me, just so I can laugh at your inability to learn anything meaningful.

Ok. Do you live in Canada and are you willing to travel to me since I can't travel to you? I've had this exact fucking conversation with people like you, and you all respond in the exact same programmed and predictible way, and you all get btfo all the same. I could give you emails of people I have demonstrated to. If you want to meet up with me and I'll teach you my metaphysics and explain to how to do shit and most importantly actually do it. Why do you think I went from the same kind of retard you are right now to believing in this stuff? It's not confirmation bias. I have investigated into a wide variety of phenomena and know the debunkings for some stuff is retarded and on the level of flat earthers "debunking" the spherical Earth. There's also quite a list of very intelligent, famous scientists and philosophers throughout history that can attest to various ESP/etc. phenomena. Before you respond with muh James Randi, there's institutes like his asking people to prove creationism and other theories wrong, and they also never pay out.

Also before I waste my time with more replies on you just how comitted are you to actually learning the nature of reality and pushing the boundaries of the mind?

Also do you know not too long ago there was popular denial of lucid dreaming even being a thing? Yeah nowadays it's an accepted phenomena but not too long ago there were people like you denying it's a thing completely and telling anyone who said otherwise they were crazy. At some point the culture at large will have to accept that the mind is capable of thought transmission and influence and there's already a large body of evidence proving that mental states influence physiology and so on and it just keeps expanding more and more into the extreme phenomena. It also wasn't too long ago that people were denying the blind could see through other means than their eyes but now that's accepted.

With a touch, you can convert non-living objects into swarms of floating particles that you can control within about 10 feet of yourself. Any further, and they drop to the ground and quickly fade into nothingness (don't worry, you have an internal sense so you don't accidentally push them too far). The particles can be formed into armor, weapons, giant fists, and other complex shapes - they can interweave to be stronger than carbon fiber or roll with every impact they take.

Why would I need your powers when I can do the same with psychology and charm?
In the worse case scenario we're both liars,but in the best case scenario I'm a charming fella and you're a lunatic Nostradamus tier wizard.
Best of luck to you fixing your problems tho, I can empathize with that.

Ok I can't do that to be fair

an exercise in writing and creativity for me, hopefully something interesting for anyone else

Okay fine I almost fell out of a helicopter because my seat belt was unbuckled, I was holding on to dear life and I didn't even know.

I once had explosive diarrhea so bad it caused the toilet to overflow, flooding the bathroom with water and liquidized fecal rice and chicken.
The plumber did not deserve to clean that up, he deserves to have the superpowers instead.
That poor son of a bitch deserves it.

You can launch an ethereal line of light that's visible to everyone but has no physical form. It travels quickly in a straight line and attaches to the first solid surface it encounters, forming a visible line between you and the point of impact. Immediately or at any time thereafter, you can mentally trigger it, unstoppably pulling yourself to the location at incredible speed. While traveling, you're utterly inviolable - almost nothing can harm you or change your movement without seriously fucking with the laws of physics. You impact the target location about hard and fast enough to punch a hole in a concrete wall. The grapple has an effective range of about 100 yards, but can extend to twice that distance once already attached. If you travel too far from the tether point, the line is broken - you can also remove it just by willing it away.

Listen you, psychology was legit until World War II ended. I have studied psychology extensively and recommend William James and some rather obscure but connected psychologists from that period. Today psychology is contaminated with secular humanism and other perverse philosophies which aren't at all the truth. There was also research done on for example the plenary trance and various other psychological phenomena that takes a VERY long time to work on and conduct the experiments, and there wer changes in society after the second world war that caused this stuff not to stop but to go underground and no longer be in the most official channels.

…and what do you think it is I can do exactly that you believe you can do better?

Here I'll lay out what I can do:
1. I can make people sick. Anyone can; we can pin this down to the power of suggestion. However I dare say there is a lot more to "suggestion" than the summary you've read about it on some sites and you need to go deeper into the field of what is best called "mental influence" and "thoughtforms".
2. I can pick up accurate and detailed information about people through a technique that lets me put myself into their mind or alternatively interact with a phantom of them which none-the-less reveals to me all manner of information about them, which proves to check out when confirmed later.
3. I can also do the same with books btw. I can read a book by calling fourth a book in my mind, one I have never opened the pages of or read before btw, and I can mentally open it up and read the pages there and see it. Now I know the full range of theories that explain this and I have some "recommended reading" on this subject as well as case studies that have been done on people who do go into rooms blindfolded, rooms full of boxes of stuff, and they reach out with their mind and examine what is in the boxes, and report the details accurately… to cite just one study. These are verified, confirmed experiments btw. Sceptics explain it away or ignore it but the same theories they use to explain shit away fall apart in other cases and don't hold up as well.
4. I know basic alchemy and transmutation and most importantly I know of the three natures of all things, the "trinity" if you will. I know how to apply this knowledge to learn from anything. I don't like it when people talk about "plant teachers" and stuff but they're not completely wrong in saying for example the plants can teach us stuff, it's just some of their assumptions about the nature of the entities behind this is off, and you can see this is you consult Liber Astarte and Liber Blue (see also piss can be synthesized artificially and so can a certain psychedelic where people get taught by muh plant teachers and yet the psychedelic can be completely lab made and not from the plant… that's a whole nuanced topic I need to elaborate on a lot though)

ProTip: There is the physical form of a thing (salt), the vital structure or "energy scaffolding" of a thing (mercury), and the idea of the thing or archetype or "platonic form" (sulphur). A lot of work can be done with anything if you start working with these three parts and not merely with the salt as in mundane chemistry.

…btw I'm a panentheist, a compatibilist (determinism and freewill are compatible), believe in natural selection and (intelligent and guided) evolution, the Earth is a sphere and there are many subterranean caverns, caves, tunnels, etc. but probably not a hollow Earth, I reject the notion of ontological randomness, I believe in the implicate and explicate orders, I am not so sure the Copenhagen interpretation is legit but haven't really made up my mind about quantum physics, I consider the holographic fractal universe theory the most substantiated and legitimate, I know all the qualities of God, I am aware of non-local and spacial aspects of thought, I know there is a mental plane, and I consider the brain and nervous system to work somewhat analogous to a radio, battery dying can't typing more now fuck….

user, I will make it simple for you.
I would like for people to appreciate me while I'm still alive, rather than to die like a rat just for humanity to recognize my hidden genius centuries late.
I can believe around half the stuff you're talking about, but believing doesn't make me want to pursue it still, not actively.
I would much rather have some documents to pluck through as I have a hard time finding interesting books anyway.
If you really care about "redeeming" a skeptic mind send whatever you need to send at the email I provided up here, and stop shitting up the thread.
Peace out.

You can undo evidence of your existence by focusing on it, so long as you have direct line of sight. This can erase people's memories of you, remove fingerprints, even clean an entire house if you'd be connected to the mess. It's tough to predict what exactly will happen when you use your power on something, but you know that when you do, it will be impossible to make any connection between that thing and you.

Well, I own an image board where people can get together and share pics and talk about them. It was going great a couple years ago but then people started talking bad about it and being derogatory to me personally. I don't know why, it was still as fun a place as ever, I was having a great time with it! Then people started to leave, and not just for a day or a week. They started to leave permanently! Now it is to the point where sometimes there are so few people on the board that I have to post things myself, pretending to be a user, just in order to keep it going. I'll have entire conversations with myself until someone comes in and posts something. It really makes me feel rejected and alone, even though I know it couldn't really be that they don't like me. I do all sorts of fun things with the site that keep it lively and entertaining. Still, it is traumatizing to hear it said.

So what is my superpower?

You can manifest simple AIs in technology that you can see within about 60 feet. Imbue a system-hijacking virus with simple goals, like "shut down" or "self-destruct" or "kill," depending on the nature of the tech you're infecting. The AI will take control of every system it can and push it to the limit, obeying your command as well as it can. A given system can only be under one command at a time. Outside of your range and need for line of sight, there aren't any limits to use of your ability - you can influence any number of machines as many times as you want, although the AI snuffs out after only a few minutes and needs to be refreshed.

MY FUCKING NIGGER! I love you

we all have.

read the thread and see the autism i'm putting into this - these are detailed original powers, not flying bricks.
it's just a thing i'm doing for fun

what's your definition of that?
PLEASE tell me more about this. I need to learn more on this subject, it's my lifes work and I have never heard anyone else ever bring this up before.

high five.

really interested in this. please share all you can if possible.

My next post is going to be a large image with a huge copypasta. please give me your opinions on it? what are all the qualities? in your opinion do I get it right or does it need some work? what's missing?

I always believed that the brain is an anntenna to the soul which sleeps in heaven next to God. it's just information transfer. the brain doesn't hold the intelligence.

posting this big thing next. please don't hesitate to reply because I will most definitely be watching the thread whenever I can even if it's a few days from now if things get that difficult. in case I miss you and you did see this, I will make a thread one day (many days from now assuming we couldn't talk) and in the title I will refer to you as "panen" to make things easy. really look forward to talking, and forgive me for being so forward.

this is a work in progress and it's still full of notes to myself

notice some of these are smart tips from multiple diffeent religons. little pieces of truth scattered about hidden in everything.
(edit later not final edit)

most updated God pro tips list: a guide on how to cut out all the bullshit and corruption and just simply be very close to God in the most innocent and pure and undiluted way possible while on earth.

here I will try to explain:

once I got rid of all the garbage between myself and god, I felt much closer to god.

I'm not exactly shitting on everything the bible or every religion says, since you can clearly see me using the bible as a source. just remember that there is wisdom in all religions but there is also corruption in all religions so read up on pretty much everything but be very careful. believing everything you read or experience in life as perfect, that's the problem.

simple pro tips:
try to be a good person by your own standards.
keep trying to improve your own standards.
avoid things you know are bad for you and try to expose yourself to things you know are healthy.
keep trying to learn more good things, and keep trying to unlearn more bad things.
learn to better tell the difference between good and bad and learn the differences in between all the absolutes and grey areas that exist.
who what when where why how if and/or/not/but/however. factors variables dependencies catalysts controls grey areas in absolutes, and absolutes in grey areas. recursive. meticulous. systematical.
just love and believe in God. pray whenever you want, wherever you want. no dumb ceremonies, no dumb rituals. you don't even have to talk. just whisper to God in your own mind with your soul and pray. just pray.
always try to just flow. move like water. (beware there are many corrupt teachings that parrot this because it sounds deep and edgy)
flow in the zone to flow with the force of God. (do not misinterpret this as doing what everyone else does. it is no measure of good health to conform to an ill society)
no strings attached. that's it.

pro tips continued: I will try to stay on topic and not derail too far unless it's slightly important to know or be aware of:

>God created free will. God controls free will. there is no hell, other than the very earth we live on. when God made the earth, the sun, the moon, and the stars and said "and it was good" it was not good for humanity, but good for the purpose God has for humanity.

>some thoughts come up so that you can think "No! that's stupid, that's totally bad, lets not do that." because it can make you aware of what Not to do.

>many religions are intentionally designed to trick people into thinking they need to go to a special building to worship God so that they don't feel as if they are being heard by God as well as if they were praying in the (((approved place of worship))) like churches, synagoges, and mosqs.

Exodus 20

Deuteronomy 5

remember people, I'm talking about the one and only God here. the infinite, beyond infinite. eternal

all related, hope this helps organize it. hope I didn't miss you.

ok i think the thread's derailed at this point; i'm done making powers, at least for tonight

read this if you found the powers interesting, it's really good rational sci-fi (not my work, i'm just a fan who likes creating stuff in this universe because i'm not creative enough to build a fictional world of my own)

it's totally some level of datamining but I really respect your creativity and the thread is way more fun than most threads on Holla Forums have Holla Forumseen for months now.

fug I hope it I didn't exactly… well it's all my fault. please continue on and ignore my giant posts. I don't want to ruin the thread but it's my only chance at speaking to "panen"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

i guess if i'm mining Holla Forums for inspiration, that could be considered datamining. or maybe some guy who crawls the board gets something out of it, even if i don't. i try not to worry about it. and if you think this is fun, click that link, it's long but an amazing story.

don't worry, i'm tired anyway and you guys are at least keeping the thread bumped, i guess. i'll do more tomorrow if the thread is still alive

well I thank you for your efforts in making Holla Forums better here. I might not be around tomorrow to check this thread but maybe I can get back quickly for a bit? I don't even know…

My friends and I decided to venture down further than we had. Previously we knew about a 150-200ft drop located in another sewer but the ladder was, oddly enough, on the other side of the pit (and connected to an upwards manhole.)

We located a nearby manhole and dropped a flare. It just kept on going. We climbed down carefully with flashlights and had a friend keep lookout, although in hind-site that would have caused more harm than good. It was sort of a chamber, with the ladder access pipe coming in through the roof of said chamber. There was a remote operated hydraulic lock-pipe (forgive my lack of jargon terminology) on the wall which worried me a little but my friends didn't notice it.

One of us made a noise and it echoed back, so my friends got spooked (sometimes we do find other people exploring) and we ran back and up the long ass ladder. We returned down 20 minutes later.

We walked about 10 minutes down a pipe that was comfortably larger than the crouchers above, and dry also. We cam to the base of the pit that we had seen above. We were surprised and proud. The pit was the junction of three orthogonal pipes - 1 up, 2 sideways at a right angle. We noticed a slightly greater decline in the ensuing pipe so my friends decided to leave it for another time. I wish we had explored it, because according to diagrams I found it opens up considerably further down.

That was about a year ago and we haven't gotten back down there.

not really sure what you mean by this.

oh fuck i'm still here
That's fascinating and definitely a bit creepy, but there's no actual trigger event here for me to work with. It's scary, but it's not really a thing that happened to you. More a spooky story.
ok going for real now

I copy pasted from an old forum post of mine.

basically I went spelunking in a stormwater drain. It was 400ft under a large river. There was a hydraulic lock that could have opened remotely and poured a few thousand gallons per minute into the drain and killed us if it was activated.
and
I looked at schematics and basically if we continued we would have arrived at a drop off point that was a football field in vertical length. pretty gnarly tbh

When I was 4 or so I hopped on a flotation device and drifted into a huge lake. Apparently, I got so far out that I couldn't touch any form of ground and the adults panicked to bring me back to shore. From what I was told I didn't have any lick of fear on my face, just confusion.

When I was a kid I was playing with my cousin. I was sitting in a cardboard box and I had another smaller box enveloped around my upper body. I was positioned like this, but sideways on the floor though. I was really cramped in the box and couldn't really move my arms that much. So anyways, I was on the floor like this while my cousin kept sitting on the smaller box not letting me get out. I started to panic because I was running out of fucking air to breathe. I started shouting but she wouldn't let me out. I thought I was surely going to die until I somehow mustered the strength to fucking the box open. It was like some bruce lee one inch punch shit. I even sent her flying when I did it. After that I ran to my mom and started crying.

Perhaps this can be a Batman like trauma and I go around wearing a suit of cardboard boxes turning my fear into my strength?

Mewch

I was molestered by my older brother

When I was a kid, a big metal beam fell very short of smashing me right on the head. It was at home, and I guess it was there because the house was going through some remodeling and some construction materials were lying around.

One other time I had a brick almost hit my head while I was at the terrace of my house. We didn't see who threw it.

I shot a man. Repeatedly. It was self defense.

I have returned with freshly-rested autism

You can summon waves of strange fluids that flow outward and quickly settle on surfaces. One fluid removes almost all friction from surfaces, while the other adds a huge amount of friction. The effect lasts for about five minutes before needing to be refreshed. You can choose whether or not you're affected by the fluids. The actual fluid isn't dangerous, and striking someone with the wave itself won't have much more effect than getting hit by a smallish wave at the beach.

You can teleport short distances to locations that you can see, only up to about ten feet. For mere moments after teleporting, you have increased strength and durability that's more powerful the longer a distance you teleported. If you go the full ten feet, you're powerful enough to go toe-to-toe with comic book Thor. Going only one foot, you can punch through sheet steel and barely feel a thing. When I say mere moments though, I mean moments - these enhanced physicals don't even last a full second before you're back to your usual self.

After mentally building an algorithmic plan, you can enter a state where you glow a dull white and become utterly inviolable, unerringly following the plan. You become a passenger in your own body, only dimly aware as you carry out the plan to the letter. You're utterly invulnerable in this state, but otherwise a regular person - you can't fly, you can only move so fast, and although you can break through a wall pretty easily when you're invulnerable, you only have your normal strength. You also only exit the glowing form when the plan is complete, so you need to be careful about what you execute - you won't even notice if a plan accidentally takes a year to carry out, but everyone else sure will.

You can power up melee strikes such that whenever you hit someone, your hit contains the forces and effects of other injuries the person has sustained in the last minute or so. If someone was just shot, punching them will hit like a punch and a gunshot at once. Punching them a second time hits like the first punch, the second punch, and the gunshot again. So on. If someone was burned in the last minute, your punch will burn them. If they were stabbed, your punch will stab them. If they manged to get shot, burned, and stabbed all in the last minute, a single hit from you will bring that all back at once. This power channels directly through your body and only works in hand-to-hand combat - you can't imbue weapons with it.

With a touch, you can prime a point on a surface to forcefully project a sharpened spear outward over distances surpassing up to 50 feet, made of the same material as that surface (this effect violates conservation of mass - densities aren't affected). After a point has been primed, you can trigger it with a thought anytime, anywhere as long as you do so within 24 hours - any later, and the effect wears off. While this effect doesn't work directly on living beings, it has no problem with clothing, weapons, or other non-living accessories.

No, you shot a man once for self-defense.

After that you were just having fun.

Barefoot-stepped on a cockroach once
Very spooky; and pretty much the only thing I can remember thats scary that wouldn't take a year to write out / is too obvious of a superpower

noice bate mattey

Hey I finally finished reading everything in your pictures and in your posts. It took me nearly about 6 hours to get through it all. Many things you have wrong or I can elaborate on. I'm currently stuck on a tablet though so it may be awhile before I formally go through all your stuff. I'm also thinking of whether I should just go through it all bit by bit and address every single assumption, claim, and argument you've presented to me or just lay out all my own thoughts for you to see how I've ordered them, how they are self-consistent, how they answer each ultimate question, etc. as if I address your stuff directly there may be a lot of redundancy in bringing up the same things over and over to refute various stuff you've said. Seeing as it has taken me 6 hours just to go through all your stuff it's going to take even longer to narrate or write out everything I need to for your understanding to be improved.

I also don't know if I should dripfeed you knowledge or write down absolutely everything and give you the full package all at once. If I dripfeed you will be missing parts of the big picture until I get it all out to you. If I present the whole package though that's a lot of writing and may be a long while before I finish it all.

Your power feeds you information about people and objects near you, with more volume and detail the closer you are to something and the more you focus on it. It's very short-ranged - even at its weakest, it still only reaches about ten feet. You can fly a helicopter, guess an ATM password, perfectly subdue an attacker, or convince a cop that you're his supervisor as he pulls you over, but over the phone, you're just your own dumb self.

whatever you do, if it gets really long could you please put it in a pastebin or something instead of derailing the thread again?

I was never good at talking on the phone

Before this dies, I'll bump it one more time and make one final shill for the story it's based on. If you enjoy sci-fi and/or superheroes, give this a read.
It takes a little while to pick up and it can be intimidatingly long, but just go for it. It's so worthwhile. Again, not my work. Just sharing because it's good and it deserves far more attention than it currently has.

can I get omnipotence?

you could come surprisingly close, but while the type of power depends on the trigger, the magnitude, the raw power, is based largely on luck. give me a trauma and i'll make something super op just for you

sure