I'm about to eat one of these for the first time in my life. What am I in for?

I'm about to eat one of these for the first time in my life. What am I in for?

What is that? An apple? Some kind of orange? What is it user? Tell us.

A mango.

Bitch, that ain't no mango!

I find the texture slightly off-putting and the fruit not really worth the effort. I'm a mikan kinda guy.

So even the third world fruits are inferior to their first world counterparts?

you can't eat a .png file, silly op

Nah bananas master race

KEK

Meh. I'm all about that citrus.

Ever have a custard apple? Those things are delicious.

OP here, I just finished. It tasted weird, like a bit citrus but I wasn't expecting a citrus flavor in a stone fruit.

What did you think about the texture?

You should consume better mango if you didn't like that one OP

It was like a smoother more gelatin-like pear. No complaints with that. At least this actually had flavor unlike the dragonfruit.

???

Weird, every mango I've ever had has been…almost tough, or chewy? Very fibery, but of course they are imports, so who knows what quality I'm getting.

HOTWHEELS FIX YOUR TIME TRAVELLING SHIT

Mine was a bit more like what you're describing towards the pit. My guess is that you just need to let yours sit out longer to ripen so they become softer before you eat them.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about, I didn't give it time to ripen or didn't ripen it correctly.

This brings me back

How long ago was the exodus? Seems like yesterday…

WATCH OUT DONT BITE TOO HARD THERE IS A SEED INSIDE

A good mango has a texture (of the flesh) similar to a peach. An unripe mango will be hard, and fibrous. An over-ripe mango is overly soft, and has a sour fermented taste, as well as some "stinging tingles" from carbon dioxide bubbles that formed during fermentation.

What does a fermented taste taste like? Is it bad to eat fermented fruit?

what does it mean if a mango has black crusty stuff inside?

I always assumed that stuff was just rot, and cut it all away.