Which one and why?

Which one and why?

ATX: au.pcpartpicker.com/list/ggs8RG
Mini ITX: au.pcpartpicker.com/list/QMPfsJ

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233&cm_re=high_airflow_case-_-11-119-233-_-Product
pcpartpicker.com/user/Kurokosprotege/saved/LwVHxr
pcpartpicker.com/user/Kurokosprotege/saved/khRhqs
usa.clutchchairz.com/product/throttle-series-aj-styles-phenomenal-wwe-chair/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ryzen is always better for the dollar, and that was BEFORE they just slashed the prices. Get an 1800x and spend the extra money on a better video card

wrong
wrong
very wrong

I'd go with the mini ITX. Maybe cut the CPU cooler and put it towards a better power supply.
Or you can wait a month or so until NVIDIA releases their next range of cards.

I know you just wanna spend your money but in my professional opinion, you might wanna buy a cheaper case, seeing as though they really don't matter much in the way of performance enhancement

Shop with buy-it-for-life in mind.

Get a cheaper case. Save your money for better hardware. $60 will get you a plenty nice case.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233&cm_re=high_airflow_case-_-11-119-233-_-Product

Overrated. I did watercooling way before you could buy watercooling hardware or watercooling friendly cases from mainstream sites (like newegg). It's not worth the $$ tbh unless you're doing serious overclocking or has a desperate need to make your system as quiet as humanly possible. At this point it's mostly just a status symbol. Again spend your money on better electronics

"GAMING" is usually a red flag. I didn't check the mobos but if they have RGBW light ports then maybe look around for something else.

I've fallen for ASRock more than a few times because of budget constraints. They are essentially a thrift store brand from my experience.

pcpartpicker.com/user/Kurokosprotege/saved/LwVHxr

/this +

Win10 is still a free upgrade, MS left a convenient loophole for anyone with google search, you just need to install win7 (activated or not) first

I've got another

pcpartpicker.com/user/Kurokosprotege/saved/khRhqs

1600x is better for gaming than 1700

Use. Ryzen.

I'm not but

Is plenty fine depending on your gaming needs. I personally use a 950 and it works very well in 1680x1050 (old ass ViewSonic monitor) or 1080p (newer TV in living room) playing things like Divinity or Shadow Warrior or Dolphin emulator. Admittedly I don't game that much any more.
The 60s look like a big leap up in performance though so if I were buying now I'd probably go with a 1060 or 70.

Not exactly that relevant for gaming. The majority of the data you're using while gaming is already residing in RAM.

Yes. Use Ryzen.

If you're spending $1400 on a gaming PC you need to put in a 1070 at MINIMUM, or scale back to a $1200 system

Yeh boot Gta5 from a mechanical, go ahead, I dare you. Also get used to your group already having killed two packs of mobs by the time you zone in and buff in an MMO.

99% of people don't need a i7, 99% of those that do don't need a 'K', save the $ from the cpu, aftermarket cooler and 'Z' chipset board and buy the GTX 1070 instead.

Hence…
>1050 is plenty fine depending on your gaming needs
and
>Admittedly I don't game that much any more.
and
>if were buying now I'd probably go with a 1060 or 70.

I agree that SSDs are better if unless you need a better $/GiB ratio. I use an SSD for my OS and home directory stuff. My point though is that you can very easily live without an SSD if you need to save money for better hardware and your focus is on a "gaming PC."
I do. I have most of my games installed on a spinning platter.
Blatant hyperbole.
Really though, you're talking about disk read times which is largely irrelevant when you're actually playing. As for gaming it's far better to get faster rendering than faster file reading.

Completely agree your processor opinions though.

Your needs are irrelevant to OP's needs and saying a 1050 is just fine only muddies the waters. A 1050 is not just fine for anyone who wants a $1400 gaming PC

An SSD makes a difference if you're running a shitton of mods.

You can slam a 1080 in anything short of your dad's old gameboy and go play some Vidya. If someone said to me, I have a gen1 i5, the 750 and I wana game, first question would be:

A 1070 is going to crush anything @ultra @1080p, and if you're gonna say: Wah my 4k, Yeh go buy a $900 4k display when you're on the fence over a $60 ssd

Point is: An ssd is the single best performance upgrade to any machine, (aside from installing a vidya card for gaming) and you should easily fit the OS, MS office, and 2-3 Latest gen triple a titles on even a $60 256gb evo, Anything single player, not taxing, or not played often goes on the ol' spineroo

I appreciate you get me on the i7 thing, sidenote

OP's trying to save money and a 1050 is perfectly fine for playing today's games despite what any elitist PC master race junkie says. A minor framerate drop isn't going to kill anyone trying to save money. Still though ignore the 1060 or 1070 recommendation though. Skimming != reading.
And don't act like $1400 is a massive amount of money. It's pretty mid-tier budget. Money is obviously a limiting factor at that price.

I too have Skyrim. I'm very sorry but read times don't matter much once the game is actually going.

I use FO4 with tits and physics. I recently moved my mod folder to my spinner and at that point started to get 1-3 second pauses while the game reads my mods. It's so bad I'm probably going to put them back.

I don't really see what the problem is. I'm just pointing out where money is better prioritized and it seems like you agree with that and are getting upset over my suggested baseline specs.

Obviously, but does OP (who seems money conscious) absolutely must have to have a 1080Ti and absolutely never ever under any circumstance buy a 1050? No, especially if you consider the price jump from a good 1050 to a good 1060. I'm just saying he shouldn't feel pressured to get a best-grapix-card-evr just because some guy insinuated he'd be miserable with anything less than a 1070. He can be happy with a 1050 but it would be nice to spring for better for the budget. There's a reason games have graphics settings; it's so people can enjoy on a $1300 machine and a $2200 machine.

So basically as I said
Which is why I say SSD isn't a absolutely must have to have item. He can always add on an SSD later when he gets some spare money he just wants to put in his computer but a HDD will suit him just fine except for the edge-case of "a shitton of mods" depending on the definition of "shitton".
And tbh 256GiB will only fit…
Which isn't much at all if it's your only storage receptacle. I personally outgrew 500GiB over a decade ago.

Don't know what to tell you. I've stolen and modded almost every bloated Bethesda game since Oblivion with titties grill too and only had such problems running from a 7 year old 5400rpm budget Maxtor HDD that I've long relegated to non-critical backup storage now.

this.
I put an SSD into every basic normalfag AMD APU build I did for people, it made it feel like I was using my own personal rig.
there's no reason not to get one anymore, a cheap 128gb one will run you $40 and will still blow any HDD out of the water.
just put off a cpu cooler (most stock ones are fine, can always upgrade without any drama of a reinstall/migration), don't waste your money on an optical drive, and don't buy windows.

Here's the thing tho

Fine, buy a $200 second hand Acer laptop, look for a geforce sticker, hdmi it to your tv, throw up some netflix and chill while you pretend to study and stalk people on facebook with your ghetto duel screen, Enjoy playing some wow, lol or dota, get a $40 wireless xbox controller and rock out some Mario Cart 64.

-Best Card you can buy
-SSD
-16gb of the cheapest ram you can find (Probs G.skill)
-Middle of the road i5
-Cheapest MoBo you can find (Probs Gigabyte)
-Cheapest PSU you can find (Probs Cooler master)
-Cheapest Case you can find
-Buy a second hand screen, there common and on the cheap side
-Try to have some cash left for a back-lit gaming keyboard and a mouse
-2tb WD drive to dump all your pirated movies on

^In that order

Here is the thing, an i5 is cheaper than an i7 is cheaper than an i7K
A 'H" chipset is half the price of a 'Z' chipset, which you don't need if you don't have a 'K'
You don't need an aftermarket cooler on an i5

^Those saving alone turns your 1060 into a 1070 + an SSD
What do you loose? Nothing
What do you gain? Everything

Now i'm not saying an i7 is useless, it's just unnecessary unless you're doing some enthusiast level shit like streaming or playing opt-in un-optimized beta's, But then it's a luxury.

There should never be a
Discussion, It's both, right away, from the start.
If those two things aren't your first priorities, You're not building a gaming machine, buy the Laptop.

TlDr:

-Best Card you can buy
-SSD

but
jesus, thats the definition of pearls on a pig.
You have that whole i-built-a-couple-of-"gaming"-computers-so-i-know-everything-and-you-have-to-buy-exactly-what-i-say vibe to you. I'm astonished you aren't trying to Arch-meme him while you're at it.
I'm going to wager that your profession has nothing to do with computer service/repair.

Pressing F for your wallet

If you're into the A E S T H E T I C of the Enthoo then that's all well and good, but you really should buy a cheaper case. Everything else looks good.

Get the competing Gigabyte model. From my limited research on UEFI, theirs is the most friendly to other OSes.
If you also feel like saving some shekels, a large tower air cooler will do almost as good as the AIO in that case, because the case looks like it has great airflow.

I disagree. You need a processor on par with your video card or you will be processor limited. A 1060 needs at least a Ryzen 1600. A 1080 needs at least a 1700.

16 RAM is fine if you like to multitask and/or switch between gaming and work without closing your game

no
16 is not enough

I change my mind.
It's less of a you-have-to-buy-what-i-say and more like that you're so married to the computer specs you chose that you just can't comprehend that anyone would want anything other than the exact hardware/software you have.
It's the same kind of confirmation bias seen in "the console wars."

lolwut

eatx, in a full size tower.

…Then in can double as my coffee table.

You spoil brat! I remember when i was your age, I only had 384 MB of RAM.

Fuck what everybody else said, this is it.

guys u 4got to tell op to budget for his gaming char to go wit his gameing keyboard an mose
usa.clutchchairz.com/product/throttle-series-aj-styles-phenomenal-wwe-chair/
this is how u frag tbh

Sure, you convince the guy with a $1250 budget who doesn't know what's in the case, doesn't care whats in the case, will never open the case, that he needs an extra $1000 of 'fancy' parts, while telling him Gaming mice are bad for gaming because they're 'fancy'

Your question 'should' be, What do you play?
Fps? Oh, the top streamers and players like these mice
Moba - Mmo? Oh, Yeh a Naga, hex or other programmable mouse is probably what you want

I mean if you live in a world where people drops big white sacks with $ signs printed on them full of gold on your desk, have at it.

But here is the disconnect, Gamer's rarely care about parts, Enthusiasts rarely care about gaming.
Secondly people who are spending over $2k for enthusiast parts probably already know what they want.

Side note: I'm setting a budget for the reason above, and most of the time when people post "What do you think' like in this thread, it usually at this price point. The main exception is when some jerkwad just add's the most expensive mix matched parts to a list for lols.

Guess how many FPS a psu, mobo and ram add? (Assuming the psu and ram is sufficient)? One fps. The difference between the cheapest Gigabyte and the most expensive MSI (mobo)? One fps
(Source: /LinusTechTips Bench-test results)
This can further be confirmed by most 'Gaming' branded Mobo's being Mid price point, and not having a 'z' chipset (Enthusiast grade) And usually having the 'H' chipset

Lastly: Saying something is garbage, and following it with name calling isn't an argument or an expression on a valid opinion.
You wager i'm not in the field, I HOPE you're not, You're clearly up selling premium parts to people who don't need them, all the while sabotaging their ability to game on their 'gaming' machine.

(you)

Inb4 another: 'If I just call people wrong, people will think i'm smart' reply

A current Gen i5 is more than good enough, which is in the non-tldr post above. Depending on budget more than this (or any other part) is a luxury. - An i5 7500 and Ryzen 1600 are the same price point anyhow. - Do what you want with that

I prefer micros. There is something comfy about them.

This guy gets it
I just did a build in a Versa h15, comes with a thermal take psu, tool free, water cooling mounting points and ssd stealth mount.
Thing of beauty.

Honestly wish i would have went with a micro or mini itx build. I only run one graphics card and it really is such a hassle to move a full sized case around tbh. If i ever upgrade the motherboard its going to be going with a small build and a new small case