Elon Musk wants to colonize Mars with 1 Million people in 100 years

archive.is/ZrbIn

Other urls found in this thread:

microgravityuniversity.jsc.nasa.gov/theProgram/index.cfm
youtube.com/watch?v=A1vyB-O5i6E
nrel.gov/docs/fy99osti/24619.pdf
zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-27/caught-tape-hackers-take-control-moving-tesla-model-s-miles-away
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falcon_9
archive.is/OOABr
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroponics
youtube.com/watch?v=A1YxNYiyALg
amazon.com/Red-Mars-Trilogy-Stanley-Robinson/dp/0553560735
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun
youtu.be/A0FuO8lQV18
youtu.be/1H2KeQUcmvg
youtu.be/wyRbc28PSrI
youtu.be/4J18e30zTyE
youtu.be/ql_TTguKxnE
youtu.be/5e-RnKAN9qY
youtu.be/xJOB0vcZ4NI
youtu.be/yfbvwqjITLg
archive.fo/XgJLu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_hormesis
cfa.harvard.edu/~scranmer/ITC/eaaa_solar_wind_schwenn.pdf
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_Las_Estrellas
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pipedreams, but you've gotta keep that investment money rolling somehow.. Saying you will at best have regular manned missions and a permanent robotized science station in 50 years isn't exactly going to make people spread their wallets.

Why don't we colonize Antarctica before?
There is plenty of land that requires way less than mars do to colonize

Why jump to another planet before we even mastered this fucking place?

Where are the underwater colonies and shit?

Because it's cool and we can.

That's the spirit of the white race.

Musk has been playing too much Zone of the Enders.
I don't think he realises how hard it would be to maintain life up there.
There's no fucking water cycle on Mars. We'd either need to terraform the planet somehow (which Musk's best answer to do is to literally nuke Mars) or regularly send shit up there.

There is ice on Mars. It can be melted down.

you can't blame a white man for trying, the money and most importantly, the incentive simply isn't there.

We need to fix out shit here on the planet first before space colonization is even viable. That means ending Jewish globalism, uniting the white races, purging Islam form Europe, removing taco from America and the list goes on and on.

Space colonization, on an "manifest destiny" level won't be possible until some of the problems I've listed are solved, anything else is simply wishful thinking.

Fucking pussy

Surely there must be cheaper, easier ways to commit guaranteed suicide.

Well he's worth 10$ billion and seems intent on pulling it off.

Not to mention we need a backup in case the Niggers and Jews utterly ruin Earth.

That thinking led us to the stagnation of NASA and the gutting of its budget back in the 70's and 80's. All the trillions spent on welfare could have spent in colonizing the moon, mars and beyond by now.

just got a notification from RT about a live stream of this

Musk is a white South African, with like 5 kids, I don't think he has a problem with not getting to eat shit potatoes on mars if he has a chance of purging niggers from his native country.

who is spending that money, guess who idiot, niggers.

Remove them and you have all the money you need for your rockets buddy.

enjoy your gravity issues musky

And how do you propose we remove them ?
Don't be a fucking retard.

You must be a nigger, removing them idiot, or do forget where you are?

We have to genocide them, pure and simple. Their is no other alternative.

What the fuck are you even referring to? That user wasn't talking about Pedowood you retarded shill.

This
We really need to remove minorities and rebuild NASA

Because if earth faces a catastrophe, there'd be no survivors.

We're already too late though. I feel I'm preparing for it to happen any day now

Are you retarded or a bot?

You stick out like a sore thumb.

The only significant problem with the Martian biosphere is the lack of nitrogen and phosphorus.

Hmm…

This is a template post that contains the following word: pedowood
This post exists solely to elicit an out of context response from a poster that may be a bot.

underrated post tbh

Because it isn't about any practical need for colonization user (colonizing the Sahara desert would be wayyy easier than Antarctica, for example), it's about another version of The Tower of Babel. If we can prove we can move off planet in any substantial way then that must prove God isn't real, r-right user?

deep sea colonies would present more engineering challenges tbh. NASA could have been on Mars with a manned mission in the late 70's if there had been a will. The prototype engine from that era is still sitting somewhere

At it's current state humanity doesn't deserve to ever leave this planet.

Sign me up.

You keep using that word user…

Rest assured we'll never leave this Solar system user, much less explore the galaxy.

Where the hell do you get that, even as a bait?

First and biggest problem for long term colonization of Mars is gravity. We can deal with cold, we can deal with radiation, we can deal with food and water. The problem is that we have no idea if

1. A woman can carry a child to term in low gravity
2. A woman (and child) can survive childbirth in low gravity
3. How low gravity will effect growth (Much of human growth involving the formation and placement of cells, particularly the skeletal system, use gravity as part of the mechanical process)

You're going to either have to develop some sort of artificial gravity generator, or make a fuckhuge facility with rotating rings, which will take massive amounts of power and maintenance outside of zero-g. Otherwise you're potentially risking the entire colony dying in one generation.

Just 'following the water' friend.

Rest assured we'll never leave this Solar system user, much less explore the galaxy.

I'm not even too sure man can exist outside of earths atmosphere.

Arthur C. Clarke stylized lunar children as being extremely tall and slender for their age. A 5 year old would be as tall as a 10 year old with marginal muscle mass. He did the same with low gravity plants, though, so he may’ve just been cribbing rather than doing the research. Not that there is any HARD research, mind you, but just basing his statements on the studies of the time.

Get the hell out of here, flat earther.

How about 10000 people one year from now instead?

There's enough water at the south martian pole to, on average, cover the planet with nearly 20 ft of water. You only have to melt enough ice to bring up tha surface pressure to about 1/10 that of earth standard pressure. That will allow heat to be carried around the back of the planet at night. And water is a major greenhouse gas.

And dealing with all the perchlorate.

Because you would have to terraform Antarctica's biosphere… which is connected to the rest of earth's biosphere. We might fuck the planet up. Mars is already fucked up and we're trying to fix it.

If we're going to colonize Mars, the absolute MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT is that all the colonists are all white. We can't let nonwhites her off the planet. A self-containing Mars colony would essentially be America 2.0; let's not make the same mistakes.

So basically we shouldn't try to go to Mars until we have the Jew and nonwhite problem sorted out.

Not even sure what you're misinterpreting

What the hell are you on about?

Elon Musk is a conman. He relies on dumb investors so he always has to say dumb shit like this to keep them interested. Hr knows the Neil Degrasse Tyson crowd has disposable income that they will sink into his shitty companies, but it's all smoke and mirrors.

Lol, the white race can't even keep itself alive in its historic homeland, much less Mars.

Retard detected. Musk is not a scientist and doesn't know anything about science. He isn't a good businessman either.

These are the types of idiots he relies on for his scams. "Muh science" redditards who can't throw their money away fast enough in video games, so they turn to investing in Tesla or other sci fi hoaxes.

Kill yourself DNC shilltard

Fund Ebola research :^)

I unironically think Ebola was a plot to depopulate certain populations, and it failed. Of all the shady shit the (((NWO))) pulls that one I don't have a problem with.

Elon used the phrase "public-private partnerships" during his speech. Code for taxpayer support, like all his other companies. Elon can't into free market.

My .webm is a warning to anyone listening to Elon "Gimme yo shekels" Musk.

Elon used the phrase "public-private partnerships" during his speech. Code for taxpayer support, like all his other companies. Elon can't into free market.

My .webm is a warning to anyone listening to Elon "Gimme yo shekels" Musk.

I'm pretty sure there's enough coal on Mars to terraform it five times over. Burn it, use it for electricity, fuck environmental standards.

Pretty fucking easy if you ask me, all you have to do is pollute.

A shitty company held afloat by tech bubble malinvestment and government money.

Could be nothing, we got a simple way to find out. Fucking try it and see if its an issue.

If it turns out to be an issue then large cycletrons will become a thing.

flat earth

Given all the horrible things Jews have done to the world, it's amazing you would hold their "God" in such high regard.

Lad, sometimes somebody's just a troll.
You gotta realise trolls are everywhere and love replies.

do you know where coal comes from, user? Can't into hydrocarbons?

They have to be on a monumental scale though in order to avoid nausea/disorientation/etc. It's just not practical outside of a zero g vacuum.

Nobody knows for sure if there's coal on mars, let alone a lot of it. If there were that much coal and we knew about it, it would have been a pretty big news story. You know where coal comes from, right?

Besides, you need oxygen to burn coal. You need to terraform mars to get oxygen. But to terraform mars with coal you'd need to burn it.

Yeah, and the colony will be oh-so (((progressive))) and diverse, no doubt. There is absolutely no point colonising any planet if we're just going to take this disgusting anti-human leftist trash with us. It is the destiny of the white man to spread into the stars, not a bunch of filthy non-whites.

Musk isn't nearly as redpilled as he is made out to be. Guaranteed he would be sending chinks and curryniggers up there at the very least, if not combing the entire negroid population for the handful remotely qualified to go up. You are all so attracted to the idea of fleeing to the stars for the same reason white people flee from subhumans on Earth, only now that we've run out of places to sacrifice to the black and brown hordes, instead of growing a spine and finally eradicating them, you would still rather be cucks and run away some more.

You just went full retard. And besides its probably nothing and wont even be needed.

Hell is forever!

You need an environment with terrestrial levels of gravity or else your bones will lose mass and calcify, your muscles will deteriorate, and your eyesight will diminish. Not to mention, in order for any human civilization to survive, you must be able to give birth to healthy children, which is not possible in a zero-g environment.

double dubs of interplanetary white flight

fuck white flight i want to see
WHITE MIGHT

THE FURY OF THE WHITE MAN UNLEASHED ON EARTH

Just wait for space Hitler and Nazi UFOs!

Why is it always Mars?
Why not Venus, it's atmosphere is rich with carbon dioxide, water, and it's so dense cloud cities are easy to do, at certain altitude life is quite viable

Mars is not a "zero-g" environment, you god dammed fucking shill fagot. We do not know what mars gravity will or will not do to the human body.

Actual zero-g environments are not deadly to humans. We don't even know what the fuck zero g environments do the the development of mammals all we know is that birds have some differences. But again that is pointless to discuss because MARS IS NOT A ZERO G ENVIRONMENT. We have no fucking clue what it will or will not do to a developing embryo. But its simple to fucking test it, I mean seriously the fucking worst that could happen is you get a dead baby literally millions of those happen each year anyway.

the precise altitude is the catch. we could float there, sure, but be forever shrouded in sulphuric gas and not able to see anything above or below us but clouds

I'd rather fix up Mars a bit and we'd have a terrestrial planet we can actually fucking walk on

Not only will the melanin-enriched not survive due to lack of vitamins, but Mars will physically turn people whiter. Martians will get less sun, and live in colder, harsher conditions than even Europeans adapted to. Colonising Mars is creating a superior race by necessity, because they will need to be extremely intelligent in order to survive.

They will have no competitors on the planet except the planet itself. We here on Earth will be dealing with our issues while they'll be up there uniting. The one advantage we'll have over them is physical strength, but I have no doubt they'll be bred smart enough to overcome that with technological means.

Colonising Mars is asking for an interplanetary war.

Because we want to shove our thick American flagpole into the virgin soil of Mars. You can't do that on Venus without being crushed.

You are one dumb motherfucker. It's generally not a good idea to talk about subjects you know fuckall about.

This isn't just something I've pulled out of my ass. One of the biggest hurdles engineers run into when conceptualizing ships with artificial gravity generated by rotating rings is making it big enough so that the inhabitants don't feel it and become incapacitated by nausea and disorientation.

If you had a vertical tube spinning, you have to spin with enough force to create Earth like gravity, but you also have to deal with the native gravity only acting on one direction in the tube. I couldn't even begin to tackle the physics on that one, let alone the engineering.

If you had a horizontal tube spinning, the top of the tube would have to be spinning at a different speed than the bottom, since again, native gravity is only acting in one direction. The only way to avoid both of these problems is to make the tube absolutely fuck-off hysterically big. The speeds you'd need just won't work in a small tube/ring.

I'd be interested to see how you've designed a system that can maintain one third of Earth's gravity for the, oh, lets say 17 years it would take to conceive, carry to term, and give birth to a child, then raise it through puberty.

I don't like where this thread is going . . . I feel like we used to be smarter than this.

Holla Forums has always been autistic arguments about the future of civilization

We probably can't even reach Venus.
How do you land?
How do you "build" a city in mid air?

I would be more excited if it was a clean Project Orion style launch vehicle.
Unfortunately we don't know how to make fission bombs clean, and inertial confinement fusion using either lasers or the z-pinch effect consume more energy than put in.

No, it's not, but we can extrapolate on what it would do to the human body based on what we know about zero-g. Human development is meant to occur in 1g of gravity. Having only a third of that will be disastrous for development.

We are. I'm actually pretty pleased that the thread isn't worse. It's just a few retards that don't understand highschool physics or know where coal comes.

The atmosphere and gravity of Venus are such that you can use balloons to float sizable structures. Built them in orbit, send them down. Not that easy, obviously, but Venus is actually a way more reasonable candidate for colonization than Mars is, at least at our current levels of technology

The main problem with heading to Venus is that the fuel cost is much higher.
Parachutes and balloons could be used for the "aerial city" idea, but it's pretty unfeasible regardless.

How the hell would you transport baloons and parachutes all the way to Venus?
Alongside…people?

Thanks for telling me what I do and do not know about because your so obviously an expert on me. I have done research with NASA and have flown on the weightless wonder (vomit comet) as an undergraduate micro gravity researcher. Currently I work in the aerospace industry building actual fucking Red Dragon mars hardware for a SpaceX contractor. I have read the actual reports of avian micro gravity incubation and I am aware of the problems with it but there is zero evidence that any such effects will carry over to humans (or other animals) on Mars.

Humans will adapt you fucking armchair veto man, we can adapt to micro gravity, we can adapt to rolling and yaw (which includes sudden increases and decreases in gravity) of a boat and when your in a cyclotron on earth you don't suddenly fall ill. And for the few who motion sickness is a problem for you can just use a scopolamine patch.

Your literally nit picking the tiniest little thing and saying the whole of mars is doomed because people will get motion sickness when they use a device that will most likely not even be necessary. I swear talking to you is like arguing with a fucking Jew.

I would literally kill to live on Mars.

More rockets.

thisisshitposting.jpg

Put all the niggers in there and make Earth a white planet.

We have two data points. You cant extrapolate shit with that. You don't know if 1/3 gravity will do 2/3 the 'damage' or 1/10. By your logic humans would be healthier at 500g's. Who fucking knows, short people live longer than tall people, presumably because of less load on systems like the skeletal and circulatory. Maybe martians will live to be 250 years old. We don't fucking know shit about shit at this point. And we wont know until we fucking try it. Saying we cant try it because it could be bad is a fucking defeatist kike argument.

Nice try Satan, the niggers are going to hell.

Tell um "Shillery wants to glass the planet in 1".

Too bad soo sad Musky ol boi, dindu nuffin soon nuff.

Not a fan of Venus but your full of shit on that. Delta V to Venus is 2.5 KM/s and mars is 2.9. Clearly getting to Venus requires quite a bit less fuel.

Planet.of.the.apes.2076.mp4

This is not his logic at all, you fucking idiot. His logic is that humans evolved to grow and develop in 1g, not 1/3g or 500g's. We already know the disastros effect of living in a zero-g environment on the human body, so we can only assume that living in a 1/3g environment will cause problems to the human muscular-skeletal system.

To be fair we haven't done any long term studies with breeding mice in zero-g, maybe after a couple hundred generations life adapts.

We have no idea what 1/3g will do to people. You cant extrapolate worth shit from zero to one, its most likely a non linear relationship. And to assume humans are optimally healthy at 1g is hubris. After all we evolved on earth but our circadian clock is timed to a 24.5hr day (literally we are hard wired to live mars days not earth days) clock not a 24 hr clock. Many plants are healthiest at artificially high levels of nutrients not found in nature.

hol up

what if we came from mars fam

Here's the presentation he made today. It starts around the 21 min mark.

You can skip the Q&A at the end as it was inane cringe inducing questions from retards that work at places like The Verge.

Gas can be compressed. You don't have to bring along the balloons pre-inflated

I'm calling bullshit. That or you're a terrible student.

None of my arguments are tiny nitpicks. They're pointing out redundancies for potentially catastrophic unknowns (Which if you're a NASA student and work in the Aeorspace industry, you should be very aware of and all about) and your stupidity

No, we can't. You seem to think it's easy, but the best we can do is a few minutes on the Vomit Comet. Propagation is a number one priority for successful colonization, especially on an entirely different planet. It's kindof something we need to have some decent data on.

We have data on fully adolescent humans that spent a max of 438 days in space. The adaptions they do make aren't healthy, especially not long term. Again, something you should already be aware of but clearly are not. Even worse, we have NO data about pregnant mothers, childbirth, gestation, and development in zero/micro gravity, which could be absolutely disastrous. I can forgive you for not having extensive knowledge on the biology of human development, but human growth, especially during puberty and in the womb, relies quite a bit on gravity.

Not enough of a fluctuation in gravity to be any sort of major factor. As I said, seasickness on a water craft is almost entirely cause by your brain thinking you're on a stationary environment and your inner ear detecting motion/your eyes perceiving it.

Yet a significant amount of people do. The reason the tube would need to be massive is because of the speeds needed. It's all about RPMs. You take that cyclotron and make it big enough that you can't perceive the motion, it's far, far easier for more of the population to deal with. Take Earth, make it the size of a large house, and spin it up fast enough to maintain the same gravity, and let's see how well you can function.

There is no "Most likely", because we have fuckall data. For such an expensive and dangerous mission, you need to have contingencies and redundancies. If we conduct the mission without the data, we need to prepare for as many outcomes as possible.

And who the fuck said anything about "Can't try it"? I'm saying that we either need to collect data on these things before doing it, or if not, have redundancies and contingencies. Oh, we can't reproduce on Mar's gravity? Well good thing we have this thing that can reproduce Earth gravity, or else we'd have wasted these billions of dollars, all this time, and this entire colony's worth of people.

Fucking exactly what I'm saying. We have no idea. So we either need to get an idea first, or be able to create conditions that we DO have an idea of.

oy vey dont i know it my grandfadda died in da gas chambas 6 million times

He can't reliably build a car that doesn't crash and burn. Fucker has rockets exploding which he can't explain so, must be aliens. He's an autiste.

so what resources are on mars?
do we create an atmosphere?
checked.

I wouldn't say he's full of shit, he probably just doesn't realize that Delta V doesn't mean fuel.

Now, user. You trigger my autism. 1/3g is not microgravity. Microgravity is

Look you god dammed shill we don't have to bet the farm on people being able to reproduce healthfully on mars to get shit started. We import grown people and a few can experiment with having kids (probably after we grow some mice there first). IF there is an issue THEN we we can start bitching about cyclotrons. Your saying you KNOW it wont work unless its fucking huge because your so fucking sure people are going to die from motion sickness or some shit. That's total absolute nitpicking rubbish and pants on head retarded. Motion sickness has been solved. Most people will adapt without any issues to just about any motion sickness inducing environment you can imagine in just a few days, for the rest we got really fucking good paramedicals for it.

As for the rest there is ZERO evidence that mars gravity is harmful to humans. All you have is conjecture. I'm not saying is baseless conjecture but there is no actual evidence. Yet you go on and on fear mongering based on shit we know about micro gravity, ok yeah microgravit fucks people up but you cant know what will happen on mars gravity till you try it. Perhaps people on mars will jump around like a super athlete on earth parkoring all over and get more physical activity and higher skeletal loads than on earth and the martians will have stronger skeletons than earthlings. We don't know. And even if loss of bone density is problem it is one we know how to mitigate to a large degree.

Based on exactly what not agreeing with your total bullshit? What are your qualifications?

microgravityuniversity.jsc.nasa.gov/theProgram/index.cfm

This is what I participated in, we flew in the micro gravity airplane and got extensive training in motion sickness, its causes, medication and so forth. We also went through hypoxia training which was quite fun.

Currently working for a company that supplies parts to many aerospace companies including SpaceX, several components are for the dragon 2 and will likely be on red dragon. I personally work hands on with the SpaceX parts.

Is Elon Musk a trap? One way tickets to Mars start at $500,000. Are we going to be sending our smarter fraction to Mars only to see the colony collapse?

You send the smartest of the second born and on. In olden days they were the ones going out into the world to make their fortune and place in it because their older siblings would inherit the father's will.

Hi weev

Wew, are you an actual christard or just baiting?

No way this fucker gets us to Mars. TESLA is the new Apple.

There is no known physical property or field capable of doing this. 100% sci fi.

(actually I lie, water (and people) are extremely slightly diamagnetic, meaning they are repelled by magnetic fields, this however is such a slight effect it would take unfathomably strong magnets to create what would seem to us to be "artificial gravity" (its really not gravity at all just magnetism) interesting point, the 'artificial gravity' (magnets) would have to be above you for this to work not under you, in any even this is total absolute sci fi, it takes the strongest magnetic fields ever created just to levitate a tiny little kek) youtube.com/watch?v=A1vyB-O5i6E

Launch all the niggers into the fucking Sun

That would be a dangerous idea.

The negro is a melanin superconductor, the closer he gets to da sun da closer he be to GOD witey u hear. So when dat nigga hit da sun he become a god an shiet ayo.

It was a book first, faggot.

Good point, I forgot that. But we live in modern weimerica, the oldest would all want to go.

No, they would just become extra crispy.

Musk used the phrase "public-private partnerships" to explain how funding will work. Moar government gibs for Elon.

The pic related is what SpaceX will become.

This man would have gotten us to Mars already.

If you forced an astronaut to wear let's say full body suit made of magnetic material, he'd be effectively under effect of gravity at all. Of course, provided you magnetize floors in the habitat. Alternatively you just could force astronauts to put on full knight body armors, seeing as they'd weigh equivalent of 30 on-earth kilograms. That would train their muscles and prevent various atrophies.

Thread Theme

We will colonize Mars once we win the race war.

Where were you when the sun got

blacked out

and then all life on Earth froze to death?

Maybe we can also settle the jews on the surface of the sun?

Magnets still suck for this, just wear clothes with built in elastic that compress your spine and puts load on your skeleton.

Then why didn't he?

Kikes, literally the kikes stopped it. We would have had the first satellite in orbit too if it wasn't for the kikes. (fucking redstone kicked ass for its day)

That's Holla Forums's unsubstantiated excuse for everything.
von Braun can't get the US to Mars.

Heisenberg couldn't give Germany the A-bomb in WWII

In the first case it was because of Nixon, who was not Jewish. Nixon downsized NASA big time.

In the second case, it was the Jews fault, since they were geniuses and were all working for the US, giving them the bomb first.

How is that a guaranteed reply post?

It's cuckchan tier bait.

So all we have to do is have everyone wear power armor.

Shiet nigga the future would be w40k style.

Except that it is factually correct, so it's not even bait. But I suppose facts don't matter to die hard Trump supporters.

I'm not giving that faggot a (You), but wew that's some bait.

Holy fuck, the audience questions were cringeworthy as hell.
The presentation was pretty good but there are lots of details that need to be figured out. Many of the anons here have pointed them out, although some of these issues really don't have a straight answer, particularly in regards to what happens when a child is concieved on Mars.
I think the 10 year timeframe before sending people to Mars is optimistic at best, however.

My fucking dick can only get so erect. Been watching the video and my god the mad man has already built and tested the tank. Was not expecting this. fap fap fap

"Onr more thing, Lieutenant…the (((Ferrenghi))) are not to be told they can't force their women to run around nude."

"NEVER MIND WHY! THAT'S AN ORDER!"

First of all destroy that dam that the whites built that mugabe didn't maintain for all these years and that will kill %15 of their population, then blockade all traffic in or out of Zimbabwe for about 2 years, this includes foreign aid.

Guaranteed %60 OR MORE of their population will have died in tribal skirmishes and of disease.

Hes talking about the money NASA pays him for use of his equipment for ISS maintenance

Musk just wants mo' money fo his programs.

But regarding what happens when a child is conceived that part is very easy to find out. If we could create a small research outpost on mars we'd just need to breed mice for about five years to have a rough idea of long term effects of humans living on mars.

It looks shorter than the tank in the rocket in his presentation.
The width looks about right though. Is it 12m?

Elon Musk should work on making his cars not explode first.

Musk's Hyperloop doesn't even take into account simple stress and strain!
Musk's Tesla doesn't take into account that no solar panel has ever been built which actually produces even as much energy as it takes to produce!
Musk's SpaceEx vehicles would be to dangerous to even send a chimpanzee up in!

Fuck Musk and his stupid Pork Barrels, he just siphons funds from the US because "muh science"

Just like everything else in America, we do it all for our 14%. So that the darky can feel like thez wuz engi an sheeit.

It is the upper stage liquid oxygen tank.

Oh I see, I was comparing it to my memory of the booster tanks. So is it closer to 17 m wide?

No niggers allowed.

To be honest it's not going to happen.

WWIII is coming before 2020. Once the dust settles one day colonizing mars would be a good idea but only it was set up as a eugenics project.
THINK BIG

Shit is too fucked up to solve it. Maybe just some genetic disease can be made to kill non whites.

Is Frakes a feminist? If not, he shouldn’t let them get away with misrepresenting him.

But I like mo moni fo his programs. Better there than to niggers.

Never mind war, the forthcoming global economic collapse will make it impossible to fund frivolity like ‘sports’ and ‘vacation’, never mind space travel.

This collapse is going to be even bigger than the great depression, it's going to spark a controlled thermonuclear war. The result will either be a Jew World Order or the kikes getting gassed.

No.
nrel.gov/docs/fy99osti/24619.pdf

Blatant kike lie, clearly has has on many occasions. And if you don't have failures your not pushing the boundaries hard enough. Cant innovate without killing a few rockets along the way.
My god can you imagine what musk could do with NASA's budget. Oh and by the way we just spent another $40 Billion to arm Israel.
Yes
Has clearly gotten into geostationary orbit several times.
He is not building the Hyperloop, he just said 'here's a cool idea go have fun with it'
This is a blatant kike lie. It takes about 4 years for a solar panel to pay back its energy debt.
Why do you give a fuck kike?
Yup need more money going to Israel right?
No idea where you where going with that implication but your clearly a kike and have been reported as such.

Yeah, but it's one of the few issues we can't get a proper answer to before actually getting there.
We can design habitation, refineries and all sorts of infrastructure before we get to Mars, but raising children will have to wait.
Still, it's not a massive issue. It's not like we can't cycle people out if they want to have kids.

You mean a virus? I don't know if it's possible, it would have to be very very very specific as to who it targets. One minor fuck up and it'll kill fucking everyone. Even then it might mutate on it's own. It's a nice idea, though. I'll have to look into it. Pity I'm not a virologist.

I'm starting to think that a lot of the anti-SpaceX posters are kikes who are angry at Elon for being a uncucked white man who's embodying the Aryan spirit of thinking and dreaming big.

And honestly if he's jewing the Government out of shekels to actually advance humanity than I have no problem with it.

There's this amazing thing called smokeless gunpowder user. You put it into a brass cylinder and then add a piece of lead in front. When the cylinder gets hit by a piece of pointed metal while being in a tube the lead flies out of the tube at a high enough velocity to kill.

Yes, we will use this amazing technology to kill the non-whites?

Most of it is weev I think, he seems really butthurt.

A virus that targets only certain populations would be hard. But a virus spread in certain populations would be easy (this is germ warfare 101). South Africa (back when they where still based) had a program researching inoculations that would make people less fertile and would be mixed in with innocuous inoculations and administered to targeted populations.

Why would Weev hate Elon Musk so goddamn much?

Because he doesn't believe in general relativity and he thinks musk is just a shill to prevent people from studying the Luminiferous aether

Because he's an African American :^)

But seriously I think there is a near zero percent chance he's bluepilled on race. He is really tactful when talking about this, calling it "Demographic Implosion" which is a real normi friendly way of saying "White Genocide".

meaning he actually wants govt gibs while he pretends to do shit
then when it inevitably fails as always, he'll move onto his next project, building wind turbines in africa or some crap like that

Wait has he been the retard that's been shilling against all of modern science saying that it's a Jewish conspiracy so that the Jews could research super tech in Israel? I mean I can understand speculation about Einstein being a filthy Kike that stole ideas from Goy physicists but the idea that all of modern physics is fake is just flat out retarded.

That's fucking retarded, even most of fucking /fringe/ believes in most of general relativity.

Likely, his youtube channel has a bunch of videos about that

Yeah Elon fucking knows i'm wondering if he another one of our benefactors. Maybe he sees where things are going and is trying to save civilization as quickly as he can rather than trying to take on the entire establishment alone.

the govt's only job should be to fund space exploration lets be honest.

Gas yourself libertardian.

I always hated the term "space exploration".

I don't want to fucking explore I want to conquer and build.

Will he succeed? I don't know, but it would fucking awesome if he did. We are in desperate need of influential people who think big like this. It'd be cool if he incorporated that crazy nuke idea into it. Dock conventional vessel with nuke vessel in orbit and nuke your way to mars. Then nuke the shit out of mars to get rid of those filthy martians

Wouldn't Musk getting the nukes to nuke Mars also mean that his self sustaining Martian civilization would have nuclear weapons?

Well at least if we fail we'll have the Martian Reich as a backup plan.

That line of thought saw NASA funding cut, and welfare massively expanded.

Now where did we end up as a result of that?
The welfare budget ballooned.
African populations exploded.
Migrations from the 3rd world exploded.
Things only got WORSE for society in general.
Funded pointless wars in the middle east that enriched some selfish elite fucks.
Even less money to go around.
And in return we have virtually no human presence in space still. Even after 50 fucking years of "fixing our shit here on the planet first"

Dumbfucks like you need to get your heads straightened out on this. You don't progress anywhere by being a fuckwit wasting money on welfare hoping things just magically fix themselves for you.

You have to go out there and DO things. Like building colonies and industry in space and advancing our understanding of science and technology in order to achieve those difficult goals. THAT will do more to help humanity than another welfare check for jamal; you fucking inbred moron.

what
You can't really conquer what you haven't explored. That's a terrible idea.
In any case just about all we can do right now is explore. If we do manage to build shit on Mars then we can start calling it space development or something to that effect.

These faggots don't understand that true progress can only be born through struggle, strength, and thinking big.

Just saying that space exploration just implies satisfying our curiosity rather than expanding our civilization. Maybe i'm just being autistic.

Look here schlomo, we don't give a fuck about "humanity" they can get gassed. Whites are the only humans, once the FILTHY KIKES subhumans are gassed we'll have time to go into space and unravel the secrets of the universe.

I don't even know whether a truly self-sustainable martian colony will be feasible in that time frame. Sure, there's frozen water on the poles, but there's also very little atmosphere thanks to there being no magnetosphere which is a result of geothermal activity being mostly nonexistent. Where will the energy come from in the long-term? There's no real atmosphere for wind, no hydroelectric, solar would be considerably weaker than here, geothermal is a no go, and afaik there aren't any deposits of hydrocarbons or radioactive materials. Maybe mine the asteroid belt, but that would require a massive amount of time to build the infrastructure and be reliant on Earth.

All of Elon's enterprises have relied on tax breaks and government spending. Without it he would not be in business.

You realize nuclear is the only real choice right?

Musk said that he'd have one running by the 2060's

Yeah but why? What would the people there do? They will need help for earth, they won't be able to produce or high tech, how will they pay for it? Will they just live like parasites?

Nobody cares Weev if he's jewing the Government to colonize Mars than good for him.

The entire point is to make a self sustainable colony, if they need help there's no point.

This is batshit fucking insane.
We have everything we need on earth to make eden, but compound interest and debt backed currency precludes it.
Why does'nt he do some thing worth while like make the sahara bloom.
Here is a viable worthwhile plan.
Build what ever kind of state of the art water desalination units on the coast of africa power them by the illustrious green energy that is touted around the world.
Or better yet use tides and waves from the ocean itself, much more stable and reliable form of power.
After you get the clean water pump it into the sahara, pump it inland a number of miles and after a set distance induce leaks in your pipes.
Vegetation will begin to grow along your pipes and you can induce vegetation "fingers" spanning a great distance into the desert.
Eventually you can join all the fingers together and once there is vegetation on the face of the ground there it will alter the climate and the sahara will once again bloom and can become the bread basket for the planet.
The same thing could be done in Australia, pump water into the outback and eventually it would bloom and alter the climate.
We can't colonize the moon and it is a mere 250k miles away wtf do you niggers even think we can get to mars and do anything with people on it?

That article only explains that the reduction of emissions are less after 4 years than using fossil fuels in a power plant. You can't get more energy into a system than what you put into it. Great you reduce the effects of (((Global Warming))).

Still no the second law still holds and that energy will degrade the system proportional to how much energy is fed to it.

Notice the way he hides this language

The maximum efficiency for a solar panel is around 33%, Solar Panels are decent batteries useful away from civilization but you can't run a civilization on them, you need to actually convert radiant energy into useful work and once fossil fuels run out the only known option will be nuclear, because even wind power has the same problems as solar power.

If I wasn't right you would be able to convert the heat in your computer back to electricity to do useful work at our low energy states. Entropy disallows such a thing unless the heat was so extreme you would then get a small amount of useful electricity but still it would be a fraction of what energy was there.

Blackholes are a strange case that I don't know enough about but the second law is firm with the amounts of energy we store terrestrially.

So the hundreds of billions in tax breaks we give to huge Oil companies or factory farms are a better way to waste money? Should we just shut down the entire economy? You realize that his competition Unninited Launch Alliance is directly subsided $1 billion a year just to exist, not even to produce anything under contract they are literally just handed a billion dollars a year for being there. I don't know what this shilling angle is about but its clearly bullshit slide. The electric car tax break is available to any electric car maker, its not a fault of Elon for using the system that was created to feed the kikes and use it to to do amazing things instead. ULA had the opportunity to compete for COTS contracts they chose not to, hoping elon would fail and they would get a cost plus contract (kike food) to charge what ever they wanted.

Nice change of IP

Bitch I just joined this thread

Because staying on Earth spells doom for our species.
Tons of shit. Mining, farming (martian atmosphere is mostly CO2), research (low gravity conditions, atmospheric phenomena).
Presumably after a time they will be able to export resources towards Earth. Of course, like any new enterprise they will need a shitload of money to start.
For a time, they will. It's inevitable, they need to eat as they set up the infrastructure needed to produce their own resources.

Kill yourself

Fucking hell man you want a trillion niggers covering the face of the earth? You god dammed kike, I would sooner nuke Africa to glass.

While useful people invest and build the technology of the future he sits in his room being a pessimist

It was just an idea to see if it would work if not africa do it in australia same fucking idea.
Think of all the money we could save if we didn't have to ship them food.

All fucking niggers must die. All fucking non-whites must die. Nice try schlomo.

Not Weev. I just don't like the idea of this being done by lobbying the government for money. Why should I pay for Elon's glory?

I had the same idea except instead of water desalination use a parabolic mirror to distill water from the ocean. There is a company doing this in California called WaterFX.

Tax breaks usually are a subsidy for the rich. Who can afford a Tesla? Well off people. This is like Hurricane insurance in Florida. The only entity willing to do this was the Federal Government and it became a subsidy for the rich again. I don't like tax breaks at all or welfare because they distort the economy. I hope Elon succeeds, I just don't like the fact that he relies on public money to do so. Money taken at gunpoint.

That's assuming there are sufficient rare earth deposits. There should be since Mars is significantly closer to the asteroid belt, but it would help to have that geological data before sending planning this stuff.

I'll be skeptical until these issues are addressed in detail. I'll continue to be cautiously optimistic. Like I said earlier, we need vision, and Elon is a visionary. And he has resources. If anyone can overcome the obvious obstacles with the tech that we have and will be available to us by then, it's him.

We need an actual research outpost before we can get real geological data. Rovers barely give us any relevant data.

Think of all the money we could save if we let them starve to death.

What the fuck man, solar panels convert energy from the sun into electricity. They have an energy cost associated with making them but over there life they produce far more energy than they cost in manufacture. You gotta be fucking retarded to not understand this simple shit.

That literally has no bearing on there energy payback, that is the percentage photonic energy converted to electric energy not the energy payback or some retarded shit. You could have a 1% efficient solar panel and it could still pay back its energy debt if it took less energy to produce. Solar panels are not batteries, your just fucking retarded.

No idea where your going with this but yes you can extract electricity from waste heat, its called a thermal electric generator. They max out around 12% efficiency and would act kinda like an insulator on your processor so not really good for high speed computing. It would work but your processor would throttle down so as to not overheat.

Because western civilization will survive. Also why the fuck are you more upset about this then having your money taken and given to Niggers?

Whats wrong with nuking Mars? We have the technology and its cheap.

Only Israel can handle nuclear weapons.

Goy.

Elon's time frame for colonizing Mars is decades. The West could be dead by then. Better to focus on securing the homeland first, then Mars missions.

zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-27/caught-tape-hackers-take-control-moving-tesla-model-s-miles-away

Why not both? Why precisely should Elon stop?

I literally don't give a shit if a few dollars from my paycheck go to getting a population of wealthy, educated humans to mars as a safety precaution. I'm already spending hundreds of times that on retirees and fucking welfare recipients.

We MUST ENSURE that space colonization isn't hijacked by SJWs and (((other concerned parties))). If we are not careful, we'll end up with "Oy vey, wait a minute, why aren't there any black people on this flight to mars!? How racist! Here, bring these fine young black and arabic men with you to mars, or we're going to shut it down."

im glad elon is plundering the govt treasure chest

that shit was never going to whites anyway. trust me.

Stop LARPing for 5 fucking seconds and realize that you will not "secure the homeland" in the next 50 years, if ever. We have a real chance to ensure the *long term* security of humanity, and you'd squander that for some impossible and short-sighted bullshit.

That's not even how taxes actually work.

The Fed just prints out money and hands it to welfare dindus and whoever gets in on a slice of the pie, they take taxes from you just to keep you poor.

First you must understand

All things being equal if you got rid of all subsidies SpaceX would be about the only space company doing anything at all, he would still get to mars but it would take a bit longer.

Here is a little bit of a comparasen with SpaceX and the rest of the rocket industry.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falcon_9

He's getting peanuts in subsidies and giving us capabilities that will be worth hundreds of billions.

This is a government that spent 9 billion to build a telescope and 1.5 trillion to build an airplane and your bitching about SpaceX getting a couple hundred million in contracts that give NASA capabilities at costs far far less than they could get developing there own systems. Your just not seeing the big picture at all and eating up the shills arguments like they are candies.

I fully agree with that, and I agree with the first phase of his timeline which is getting people to mars. I think he's underestimating the herculean task that involves moving the seed resources to the planet that are needed to get the infrastructure set up.

Nigger, do you know how many nukes would be required to sufficiently nuke mars? Do you know the payload cost on conventional rockets? The only way this is at all feasible is if he digs up the old nuke death ship.

Thank you for Correcting The Record.

Either way, I'd rather more of the inflationary uncle sam sugar titty goes to Elon than to degenerate welfare recipients.

Except you want us to but all our bets on only one thing. That's completely retarded.

Bitch, which part of humanity do you think Elon is going to send to mars? Hint: He said it's going to cost at least $100,000. Who A) has that kind of money and B) is willing to spend it on space colonization?

Supply chain interruptions, infrastructure interruptions. Mars colonization will require significant support from Earth for decades. An economic crash, WWIII, or a race war could end any dreams on Mars. The niggers will go after the power lines first when the trouble really gets going.

Correct. Taxes are just an act of submission to ZOG.

Which is why I always thought that NASA should just build and launch their own rockets and cut own the executives looking for a bonus.

I like SpaceX, I just think Elon is a shady businessman. Quit buying into the personality cults.

There's nothing wrong with Elon eating from the gravy train while it's still around. I just don't see it lasting.

(((White))) people fit that pretty well.

By that logic the Jews could nuke us all tomorrow so why even try to have backups?

You need to kill yourself.

I agree SpaceEx should be allowed many failures but when you tool your staff with interns and diversity hires be prepared that the few white men there will have all the burden placed on them as does the previous picture shows.

I also agree NASA's days are over as the US government is filled with so much corruption that we have only one man leading the movement against Hillary who would send us to a war with China and Russia at the same time, dooming everything.

I know the stories from my father about how we got to moon and have manuals from those days but what they didn't have in technology they made up for in perseverance and determination. Lives were volunteered, men died but they all knew what they were building and we built an amazing machine. Now have we have that Black Chick movie.

Remember Braun even in the 1950's was proposing a Catherine Wheel like space stations to float around Earth with their own artificial gravity, and all we are allowed to do is have the (((International Space Station))) which without gravity causes all sorts of health problems for people who stay to long.

I don't want Israel to exist and neither do you. But I see we must wipe out their kind all over the planet first if we are to gain any freedom here.

I'll give you one thing Musk is a whole lot better than most of the "Technophiles" but unless proven otherwise I can't see how he isn't just getting bread from the government like said its better than it going to Israel.

By the way if you read anything here read this:

Coincidence?
archive.is/OOABr

There's literally nothing wrong morally about taking advantage of ZOG financially to create a backup for western civilization.

Whites have a cultural background of high-risk exploration. (((Whites))) don't.

All you young faggots that think you are going to be on a space ship some day fleeing this planet are going to be in for a rude awakening.
Musk puts out some comic book based prophesy on space travel and everyone gobbles it up.
You are not even going to see this let alone a space colony.
pic related

it will never happen

It also Zuckerkikes satellite that was supposed to give Internet to Niggers.

Guess Elon hates Niggers and Jews.

Oy vey, well thanks gentlemen! Glad we got that straight! Everyone get back to work so we can keep funding the social safety net.

Not with that defeatist subhuman mindset (((user)))

The elite will sacrifice us the first chance they get.

and what if the West is already dead and we are in a dead cat bounce?

It was an accident, pure coincidence.

Niggers can't even use internet, I wonder what the real purpose of that satellite was

Here's SpaceX's employees.

It's like 75% white and the rest are mostly Asian with a couple token Niggers.

I don't know what it's real purpose was but i'm glad that it was destroyed and Zuckerkike got buttblasted about it.

I don't think anyone here has any delusions. If you end up on Mars expect a life of hard work at the frontier of human expansion. Really the most appealing aspect of it is that you'll be away from the rest of us idiots here on Earth.

This really is more true than I care to think about.

Fed creates over 4 trillion in QE out of no where.
IRS collects less than that in revenue.
And that's just QE, I cant even find how much they loan out in there fractinal reserve banking scheme.

Both of these money sources go to letting other kikes buy bonds from the US government which have to be paid back with interest.

Literally lend out money for free to your friends with no interest, then they loan that money back to the government for interest which we have to pay debt services on with our taxes.

The whole system is setup to keep us enslaved for wages while the kikes get to squander the fruits of our labor. And they get pissed when an outsider makes it big. But literally billionaires and companies like Microsoft, apple google and amazon are post scarcity entities. They have more money than they can spend. But will they cut costs or pay there workers more, never. Instead they spend billions buying startups at insane prices. Spending billions on things like minecraft or oculus rift. That way they create more uuber wealthy who also will not have any real way to spend the money becoming post scarcity individuals. Some people can bubble up from one world to the other but really the rich get richer and us slave classes stay poor.

I mean the company looks like a Trump rally for fucks sake.

That is fine but at the equator it will distill for 6 hours/day? Tides and waves can give tremendous more energy almost 24/7

The thrill of living on Mars will be the struggle and your place in history. It'll be like being on the Mayflower except far more prestigious.

What the fuck would a self-sufficient colony on mars even eat?

I guess you could grow rabbits en masse and eat meat every day.

You forgot the part about the student loan debt bubble about to pop. The jews didn't think far ahead, their system is collapsing, again.

I'd say that's 50% white, plenty of dagos and wogs mixed in, some desert people too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroponics

Anything they fucking want.

Very depressing. I turned /pol off for two days and felt a little better.

jewgle heugelculture or heugelkulture. It's a way of building soils back up and can be used to grow things in very dry climates. There are other methods too. The WaterFX units can distill 65,000 gallons of water per day for one unit. One of their units is about 140 ft. by 40 ft, I don't quite remember the exact dimensions. Western Sahara could become a /polistan. There is literally no one there and so much ocean access.

The presentation actually touches lightly on the subject. The martian atmosphere is mostly CO2 with a bit of nitrogen and argon. Plants need CO2 and nitrogen, so with a bit of adjustment you could very succesfully farm on Mars.

Also this, but I suspect it would be a bit more expensive.

Solar panels are batteries detached from the grid. Work done to the system and work done upon the system causes entropy forcing a plateau over time tending the amount of useful work you can draw down the zero. You will never come close to getting all the energy out of the solar panel that you put into it, just like you'll never get all the energy that you draw from fossil fuels under the ground or in your car to do 100% useful work. Even with a reservoir there still requires "exhaust" which is limiting the efficiency as my previous picture shows.

I think you are conflating current and the storage of energy. Energy is only stored in movement even of atoms or smaller and such movement always degrades the substance when energy has been put into and technically energy is being put into it all the time.

Solar panels cause a chemical reaction when hit by light. The radiation which powers them will only excite the substance and doesn't not cause it to manufacture the radiation into useful work by storing it as energy.

Yeah I get that they'd have muh plants.

But humans need meat.

Bezos has some neat shit in the pipeline and he's worth about 7 times more than Elon. Bezos literally wanted to get rich enough to start his own space company, that was his motivation. Oh and he is also fucking subsidized by the government but I don't see any shills bitching about that.

Sounds like a good idea.
If earth gets any colder we'll be mars soon, all of our air will get trapped in the ice.

meant
**does instead of doesn't

And yet Bezos is the liberal cunt that owns the Washington post and Blue Origin hasn't accomplished jack shit. I'm rooting for Elon over that faggot.

Jesus fuck you have no idea what you are talking about.

Solar panels generate electricity by having photons punch electrons across a bandgap, and the only way for the charge to equilibrate is for the electron to flow through whatever is attached to the solar panel. Sunlight doesn't degrade solar panels except on very long timescales, and you can get way more energy out of the panel than you put in.

Your attempt to use entropy as an argument isn't even wrong. It just doesn't make sense at all.

t. physics midwife

Only one race is the best adapted for a cold climate. That's why (((they))) are so scared of Global Warming because it means likely there will be at least a minor global freeze. That'll fix the bloodline problems.

Make sure to create as much excess heat as you can, while (((they))) still allow you to.

Blue Origin is also extremely secretive and has a creepy logo.

What the fuck do you think animals eat retard?

You are still going to have to pump it a long way for the clean water to be of any use.
The reason I say tides and waves is there was a pilot program i read about in Ghana and it worked really well but just about the time it could be put to use and people could get power from it the whole thing was canceled.
Makes me think it has good uses and is practical in implementation as well.

Jeffrey P. Bezos is kike, a fucking jew.

so then we should use it interchangeably perhaps.

The martian atmosphere is almost a vacuum.
2" of water total pressure at the surface.

Bitch, 0.006atm is not "almost a vacuum". Pumping that air into a pressurized environment is easy as fuck.

You're a god dammed fucking retard. Bet you think the earth is flat, we never went to the moon and you can enter the astral plane and talk with demons. You have no fucking clue how a solar panel works and the human race really would be far better off without you. A solar panel is not a fucking battery. Fucking kike I have made a solar panel with a microscope slide and grape juice. Energy payback like half of ten minutes.

physics midwife?
Now I don't know what that is.

I'm stating that the substance degrades quicker than the energy will be drawn from it to give you more energy than you originally put into it. Just like every other engine, photons are causing a chemical reaction not adding more useful energy as the solar panel itself absorbs a percentage of what it is hit with.

I can't agree with you there but I'll need to go back to make sure I'm fully right. There might have been some major advancement I'm not aware of.

I lend that you should be skeptical of solar panels though and the pop science which follows from it.

Then you walk around in it and see how long you last faggot.

Yeah i agree, I'm rooting for Elon but its not a zero sum game. Ideally SpaceX does Mars and BO does Luna and both compete with each other driving each-other to become better than either would be alone.

My main problem with boomers is that they seem to be incapable of thinking beyond their lifespan. They refuse to make any kind of difficult decision that could cost a little hardship in the short-term for the sake of their progeny. A lot of the issues our society is facing is due to their selfish mindset. I don't think most anons in this thread really believe they will be released from this planet. We do have a chance to set in motion a plan to get our descendants off this rock, though, and I am willing to sacrifice to make it happen. Hell, I'm currently looking at job postings at SpaceX. If I find a job that fits, then I'll probably take a pay cut and be forced to move to California, but they're driving technology. I also have almost a decade of experience in the aerospace industry and want to work for something besides corporate profit. They may not be perfect, but they have a vision for the future that I can get behind.

We could just grow babies in tanks rather than birthing them the normal way.

goy I have a talmud to sell you in tel aviv, pay for my plane ticket to new york and it's yours

There is no free lunch, you are using up a percentage of the energy which made the chemical structure of the plant and the rest goes to entropy.

I always imagined pumps could be run off solar panels and maybe battery backups. Wave power is something I overlooked. Why does the water have to be pumped far?

Nah man you don't pump it, you freeze it out. You have a chamber with a heat exchange and a cryo cooler. The atmosphere condenses (sublimes) on it and builds up as a solid. Then you seal the chamber and heat it up to liquefy it and pump into a larger storage chamber. Traditional terrestrial pumps work like shit at those pressures.

On the bright side Trump fucking hates the shit out of Bezos and if he's President he'll probably fuck him over somehow.

I can easily see Trump supporting Musk since he recently came out for a strong person and might do it anyways just to cuck Bezos.

No magnetic shield.
No active core.

People like you are idiots

You complain and bitch about a guy like elon getting public funding (We shouldn't be funding space exploration I guess???) yet there's countless hundreds of others more deserving of this kind of criticism and you couldn't even fucking name one of them.

You're a goddamn useful idiot who swallowed the propaganda spread by the kikes at ULA and related companies and contractors competing with spacex.

I like when Holla Forums talks science.

Iv'e found that when someone shills really hard against groups/individuals while framing it from an objective view it's usually a more personal grudge.

He either a shill or hates Musk for being compared to Iron Man or something retarded like that.

And how do plants work enlightened one, isn't the energy required to manufacture the leafs more than they produce over there life. fucking new age anti intellectual bullshit artist

Solar panels don't break entropy because they are collecting energy from the fucking sun, not storing it from fabrication and releasing it over time you retarded kike potato.

I can assure you many businesses still compete, especially smaller ones.

This is all bullshit, humanity can never fly to planets, because they don't exist. We live inside a concave earth and the "planets" are just small portals, guarded by demons, inbetween celestial spheres surrounding the core of our concave earth. We weren't even on the Moon for fuck sakes. If we managed to get to the Moon with the shit technology we had back then, then why the hell did they stop going there? Just replicate your shit tech and go, but they won't because they can't fake it in the age of internet, people would debunk it instantly.

inverse square law dramatically reduces the radiation flux on mars compared to Earth.

Basic radiation shielding can be had with mounds of dirt and rock.

More sophisticated radiation shielding can be created with anything that creates magnetic fields.

Might even be feasible to stick a satellite or constellation of satellites at the Mars L1 lagrange point to act as an artificial magnetic field generator.

How can you get water from san diego to atlanta without some huge ass pumps?
And you can do this simple solar experiment.
If you live in the south cool your home using only solar power, if you live in the north heat it using the same.

t. goon

Walmart, any low wage employer that dumps their payroll onto the taxpayer welfare programs. The entire American economy is subsidized top to bottom and it causes gross distortions. I have said previously that I do not like subsidies or tax breaks or welfare of any kind.

I will repeat myself.
I like SpaceX, I just think Elon Musk is overrated.

Reported for new age anti intellectual kike bullshit derailer shill

Stay triggered and believe in (((science))), you will get to Mars goy, just fund my shit and wait 100 years xoxoxo.

Just fucking kill yourself flatearth Shill. I swear to god all this schizophrenic is shills.

t. goon

You aren't too bright right, I clearly wrote CONCAVE + there is a picture.

We did this, my dad installed a large array of solar thermal panels and had it store its energy in a 2000 gallon tank buried (and surrounded by 2' of foam) it would keep us warm almost all winter, (if we had too much cloud cover for a bout a week on strait it would start getting cold) we had a pellet stove for backup. Most of the time we could heat the house as hot aw we wanted with almost zero energy cost ( a little bit in pumping costs ). We also had 10kw of solar panels with net metering, in the summer (with air conditioners running) our power bill was often the minimum $7 connection fee.

Kill yourself

A simple way to understand how solar panels work is by thinking of them as a transistor where the base is open to photons. You can demonstrate this by holding an LED up to a lamp and reading 1.5 volts from the emitter to collector. Monocrystaline solar panels are doing this across a wider IR bandwidth with greater efficiency.

Hope that clears it up. :)

straight outta reddit

Because the long game is other planets and you don't increase your reach by focussing on autistic shit like deep sea stations or terraforming fucking Antartica. Terraforming in general is a risky thing and Mars would be a good testing bed where if anything goes wrong, hey, we still have our homeworld that can hold billions of us.

Plants breakdown just like all other engines, they have ability to repopulate but slowly those systems are also breaking down. The seed energy in a plant is which gives it a jump start but this energy wasn't created on the spot but was stored by the plant it came from until it reached a certain level to give birth again. The energy a plant gets only gives it enough energy on the spot to keep going if you deny it this necessity its engine will fail.

The Universe is Slowly Cooling

All the energy we have from as fossil fuels are stores for this mechanism but their efficiency is no where near 100%. Map it out yourself theoretically, there isn't enough useful work to be gained with small solar panels because light can't be converted into enough useful work as we need it on the spot, so by substance of the panel. Fossil fuels reserves are batteries of this process energy gained from the sun and our radioactive elements are leftovers from the processes of ancient stars. Fossil fuels are created from millions of years of energy slowly being absorbed and when it is condensed you get a high amount of useful work.

If this wasn't the case we would be able to make our own gasoline without putting in the huge amounts of work that is gained by the process of sunlight hitting the Earth over millions of years and causing weather events which bury and coalesce the fuel. Its the same efficiency methodology breaking your more energy out than in solar panel, no matter where if it has a reserve.

last word should be:
reservoir

Good for you user.
But a couple things I know immediately by the post, you live out in the country where it would be practical to install the amount of collection needed.
Also you would be looking at a minimum of 30 years payoff for the cost of everything to get "free heat". This is assuming you live where it actually gets cold like in MN not KY or TN. Hopefully at the end of the payoff period all the panels will still be functional.
I would estimate the cost to be in the neighborhood of $30-50K for free heat and A/C based on your description.

not an argument

you're fucking retarded bud

You retarded motherfucker. The Second Law of Thermodynamics only applies in a closed system: if energy is coming into a system from outside, it doesn't apply.

Guess what? Solar panels and plants get energy from the sun. If they functioned purely internally, then sure, the Second Law would apply, but they're not.

Life, in general, can be classified as a localized decrease in entropy; they can sustain this localized decrease because there's a larger increase in entropy elsewhere (in this case, inside the Sun).

Are you… imagining the balloon tied to the rocket and trailing behind it in flight?

Panels are rated to ~80-90% efficiency after ~25 years.

They don't just drop dead and stop working, they gradually lose conversion efficiency over time (~0.4% or less per year), and the amount it drops by decreases year after year.

Which means it's entirely feasible for a solar panel to last 40 years or longer and only drop to 75-80% efficiency - in fact, we already have some that have lasted this long.

And the time it takes a solar panel to pay off the energy required to make it is between 0 - 5 years.

We bought the solar panels with a bunch of others at the same time in all a whole truckload was ordered (we only got a part of that) the solar panel cost was $0.60/watt (shipping included).

We designed our own uni-strut mounted to fence galvanized steel fence posts for them and got an engineer to stamp the drawings to make the county inspectors happy ($400 stamp >_

map it out then, find the most efficient substance too

My argument is based on the path between the two, that transportation isn't perfect there is only a good amount useful energy on the Earth because of the time that has passed since the energy is now being used up, you can't get enough useful on the spot. That's why as you store more and more energy the container which is trying to hold it in breaks down over time. And the time it takes is proportional to how much energy you want to store.

If you had huge solar panels the sizes of continents they would give you more useful work per area, considering you could ever build one 1000th of that size but still you would never regain the amount of energy you spent to build it over the useful life of the panel. Likewise even the sunlight which has now been converted into fossil fuel did not happen at anywhere close to a hundred percent efficiency or more like you are suggesting.

Jesus christ you sound like one of those hollow earth idiots.

You're incoherent, what the fuck are you trying to say.

Aerospace engineer here, his 6 year goal is absolute horseshit.

You just got baited by a 12 year old shitposter…

No shit man, he's trying to bullshit to idealist retards to get more gubmint gravy.

I thought he was just a normal schizo.

Well you got yourself caught.

I'm sure that it was part of his plan

I know i got it from cuckchan Holla Forums, but i liked the webm so much i had to save it >_< because i reply to bait far too mcuh. Here have a sounded webm to soothe your troubled nerves.

And how many years did it take to design build and fly the Saturn V? With slide rulers. Clearly its possible, but not for whatever place you work for.

Musk is going to go bankrupt long before then

Better than the infinity never we had before now.

Aerospace engineers like you ought to be helping figure this shit out, not throwing up your arms and going, "ridiculous! Impossible!"

Who fucking cares if it's impossible, it's worth doing and exciting as fuck.

Elon Musk is a welfare queen.

Anti musk shills pls go

Musk is pozzed as fuck. He wants to build a multicultural utopia on Mars. Why do you think he receives so many subsidies?

For a private company, even with gov funding, and not for war-related reasons, no. If we had a NatSoc white america and the then pres. Trump said "we are doing this in 6 years" I'd believe it though.

It's not like I'd turn down the job if I got it :^) I'm just a working man

ELON MUSK IS A KIKE
HE SUCCEEDED BY SUCKING ON THE GOVERNMENT TITS TO PROP UP HIS SHITTY COMPANY TO PROVIDE CARS FOR THE ELITE
HE IS A KIKE AND A SHADOW GOVERNMENT PUPPET PROPPED UP BUSINESSMAN THAT IS WORSHIPPED BY THE DUDEWEEDLMAOSCIENCEISFUCKINGAWESOMECROWD
This guy opposes Trump and he will be one of the first ones to hang when the government starts cutting these kikes off.
nuff said

psychopaths, everybody
they believe everyone is jewing everyone

How many proxies you gonna burn up?
You bring nothing to the thread.
You bring no proofs to your assertions.
Your just here to shill and derail.

Every car company in the world was allowed to use those same tax credits if they could build electric cars. He is the one who did it (Nissan too actually) and your ass hurt that it wasn't the kikes at ford or GE that pulled it off? Go bitch at them.

Not an argument

No sauce and even if true so what not everyone in the world supports trump, and he's alot better than the competition. Why aren't you here showing off your hate boner for Biezos? Oh right because your an enormis fagot.

see

Post some fucking proof to the contrary and I will examine it, otherwise I will continue assuming he is red pilled on race. It's hard to be white and from south affrica and not be red pilled on that at least.

Criminally underrated post.

100 years?

I thought he was talking about 10 years

That's disapointing

TESLA is a jewish pyramid scheme dressed up as a company, what are you on about?

300 years would be a more realistic goal but he needs to build hype to get more gravy.

We are wise to your ways. How many proxies you used now?

well… seeing what the planet rulers are doing, it seems so, except… they may be trying to escape the planet themselves.

TESLA is evidence that Musk is en engineer and a businessman, not a scientist

==Elon believes in global warming, this should give you an idea==>>7670814

Elon believes in global warming, this should give you an idea

He is selling electric cars, he need some fearmongering.

Do you know chemical rockets are thing of the past? NASA in 60'scould put thousends tons of cargo on orbit, if not Von Braun shilling against Orion?

We don't even have this planet on our control I'd rather we ethnically cleanse most of the West, Africa and Latin America of non-whites first.

And that's why nobody will be asking you anything, retard.

Destroying the zionist world order and rebuilding our cultural, economic and political systems to point where white people have a viable future will require a herculean effort from all of us – logistics, creativity and courage the likes of which has never been seen – yet you fags would rather jackoff to a sci-fi fantasy sold to you by charlatans, wasting many trillions of $$ in a doomed escapade to a dead fucking rock.

Pathetic.

Terraformars?

Pardon me, I've been watching this discussion and I think, I think what you're trying to say is that basically, solar panels are flawed because ultimately, everything in the universe will be subjected to heat death and ultimately die. Solar panels are flawed because the universe is flawed. There's no point in making solar panels (or anything for that matter) because ultimately, everything's going to die anyway.

Yeah, about that…

There should be a mission sent there to make flora and fauna thrive

I could not have said it better user

You're thinking of Mystara, not Greyhawk. Greyhawk's just a normal Earth-like planet in a geocentric universe, rather than a hollow Earth.

nukes don't exist

And Earth is flat. Thanks for info, Shlomo.

How fucking new are you? It's Jews, not "the elite"

SPACE GOATFUCKERS WHEN?
(peace be upon them)

Holy crap it's the worlds biggest toilet float!

If SpaceX is able to start sending ships to Mars at the rate implied by Musk, then they will have a cost advantage for going to the Moon as well.
Similarly, if BO gets trips to the Moon and beyond going regularly, they might be able to afford trips to Mars before, SpaceX, and have constant price advantage by being further ahead.
My guess is that it could very well end up being a zero sum game unless one of the two starts price gauging hugely and opens up room for competition.
That or new tech like a clean Project Orion single stage that can go to Mars and back.

your board is back up

I wonder if those that become well established will even care to phone home. I hope they become wildly xenophobic toward old worlders as they become less and less influenced by (((influences))) from Earth.

What's redpilled about that video exactly?

Meanwhile Musk has gotten a few billion in government subsidies, and has made products that are absolute failures. Remember when Trump talked about how much we've failed in solar energy during the debate? He may as well included Musk when he said that. Tesla is a joke and I'm not even going to explain why.

When the subsidies stop, Musk goes bankrupt along with every welfare queen.

Is this the new copy pasta? "Wtf did you say about me? I worked at NASA and have over 300 confirmed flights on the vomit comet….."

ebin :DD

2spooky4me

Is it a bot?

And then here, another one:

People like Bill Gates are gentiles and still work towards a technocratic state, which Jews will dominate.

Dust from the Sahara is very rich in minerals and is important for plants worldwide.

it's very dumb yes
thelivingmoon.com
kek polacks are tards when it comes to anything but the JQ

Reported for not even trying.

Here's a (2) for ya Musk.

He’s not wrong. Musk’s shit only exists because of subsidies. The government has no business doing that.

the white race is literally the reason that the rest of the world has been able to flourish for the past 100 years, far beyond their means.

Sure, we can just use nuclear tech we don't have yet to power the Mars base

We don't have fusion yet, which we need for space colonization

thats pretty Aesthetic

all good
but what if he takes niggers there?
we must first exterminate the niggers on earth before we start colonizing other planets

I don't know, user. All I see is rampant fanboyism with the things.

The most fucking retarded thing is his 42 engine rocket. The Soviets tried that with the N1. Such a large amount of engines cause such a large amount of problems everything gets fucked in the end.

You idiots still think you can go to space.

Best post ITT.

no those are simple compared to the lack of gravity

38% of the gravity makes for bad conditions

But one big difference is that the gravity on Mars’ surface is much lower than it is here on Earth – 62% lower to be precise. At just 0.38 of the Earth standard, a person who weighs 100 kg on Earth would weigh only 38 kg on Mars.

"human" species.

This shit is doomed from the start because it's founded on the premise that all "humans" are the same species. You know with certainty that the project would bend to politics and be forced to drag the shackle and fetters of nigger "crew" to Mars.

Waste of time.

wew

Holy shit these people are cancer… Watch 1:36:05

youtube.com/watch?v=A1YxNYiyALg

sounds like a great plan. Here's a better one:
Terraforming Mars is a pipe dream, and even if it was possible to give it a temporary Earth-like atmosphere, the fact that it has no magnetic field and only a pathetic 1/3 of Earth's gravity would cause loss of atmosphere pretty quickly again.

fuck Elon Mush

The solar wind would strip Mars of its atmosphere again if they tried to terraform it. Mars needs a strong magnetic field to shield its atmosphere.

what does Elon Musk even do then?

He's rich and known for funding scientific pipedreams but how do he do that without being a scientist nor being a good buisness man.

His kikipedia page doesnt really say anything about his parents being rich. I'm not saying they arent but I'm just not really familiar with Elon Musk.

Clarke invented satellites and geosynchronous orbit, did you know that? Because they're science fiction.

Holla Forums has the highest percentage of intelligent, fully redpilled users but it's still only something like 3%. IFERS was something like 90% hence had to be shoah'd.

Cause he's woke af maybe? Doubt it but possible

BABBY'S LAST REDPILL INCOMING

He didn't. Clarke is said to have come up first with geosynchronous orbits being used for communication satellites, but unless he was responsible for actually making a satellite and putting it into orbit, he didn't invent shit.

Mars has no magnetic field, low gravity, no water, no oil, no coal. How the fuck will it be self-sustained?

Bombarded by radiation, the shelters would have to be costly as fuck to resist that everyday.

Low gravity would mean a weak population they wouldn't be able to live in earth anymore, low fertility, fetuses would be deformed or miscarried completely. Not to mention children growing in freakish ways.
You'd need a constant influx of immigrants for this hellhole.

I honeslty don't think Musk could support even a 1000 people on Mars since it's such a huge goddamn money drain.

The reasons is - and let's be honest here - Weev is a fucking idiot.
He's nigger-tier; he lead a public (as in they didn't try conceal their existence) "security" hacking group that openly broke the law several times and was surprised when he got v& for it.

We have plenty of nu-males to send to Mars…

He gets some hairbrained idea then pays people to design concepts then convinces gullible people to invest in those concepts.

So he's basically just a master crowdfunding scam artist?

Also there's literally no point, what use would it be?

Their bones would probably break on earth and their hearts would stop functioning lad

What if we exile jews there? According to your description, they're PERFECTLY biologically fit for Mars.
THE RED PLANET IS THEIR PROMISED LAND

What is Zoroastrianism Alex

How does it cost 500k to send a Man to mars but 70 million to the ISS by the Soyuz ?

Kill yourself now.

He did the math that proved the existence of such an orbit.

Fucking kill yourself.

Economies of scale, man.

It took millions of years for Mars to loose it's atmosphere.

m8 if we're gonna colonize we can just hang out in the asteroid belt with all those sweet, sweet resources. there is no reason to colonize a rock, especially one that isn't really supportive to the type of conditions we live in right now. Terraforming would take a long time and by that point we'd have adapted to zero gravity where we'd be somewhere between those fatasses from WALL-E and Greys in appearance.

Literally the only rebuttal to scientific method/common sense spherecucks can muster. Funniest part is you actually consider yourself smart when in point of fact you're dumber than most niggers.

There are no resources for building self-sustenance on Antarctica

Can anyone even give a real reason for colonizing dead planets? The only motivation I can think of for doing it is vain hubris.
There's so much more we have to do here on Earth, the cradle of life. What is so damn appealing about a big desert rock?

Wait a second, are we going to start the Elite series IRL?

"Demographic implosion" is a pretty scary-sounding normie-friendly word to be honest
I'm still for using the "White genocide" term with people that are more apt towards our ideas, but with bluepilled hand-wringing fags that like big words, that term could work really well

Thats it, Musk has officialy become a reddit-tier meme sciencer. I am firmly in the camp that until kikes have been annihilated and nonwhites put back in their proper place, expanding beyond earth is not only a waste of time, its also probably impossible and furthermore no moral species would put spread the contagion of niggers to other planets.

Call me larper, whatever. Imo this type of masturbatory colonization talk while our society is jewified is far more LARP worthy.

Only a society like the third reich deserves, or probably could pull off space exploration in the real sense.

Okay then, if flat earth is real, then…
Why can everyone south of the equator see the exact same stars rotating in the same direction around the same fixed central point in the sky due south of them, if they're supposedly all looking in different directions?
Why are the distances between degrees of latitude uniform and don't grow exponentially away from the equator?
Why does everyone on Earth get the same result for the Eratosthenes experiment, when people nearer the equator should get a much smaller circumference for the Earth than those nearer the poles?
Why do arc lengths of given angles of longitude decrease rather than increase south of the equator?
Why does the sun not rise in the northeast and set in the northwest all year around for everyone on Earth?
Why does the sun set, when the law of perspective states that the angular size of the sun's altitude, like everything else, can't become negative?
Why does the sun's angular size not change throughout the day or year, since it is "moving towards and away from us" and is "closer than we're told"?
Seriously, did you fall asleep during geometry class, or are you just completely demented?
If you believe in zeteticism, why do you keep relying on magical and unprovable solutions, which can't be shown to exist with your own eyes and clearly don't exist at all? Apparently, zeteticism is just code for "make any old bullshit up and pretend it's true".
If photographs of a round Earth are a hoax, why not simply create photographs of a flat Earth?
A property of mass is that it has a gravitational force regardless of size. If the earth did not have a gravitational field, wouldn't that imply that the earth doesn't physically exist?
Where is the Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station located if the south pole is the circumference of the Earth?
Wouldn't creating such elaborate fakes and conspiracies cost an equal if not greater amount of money than the science they are supposedly covering up?
The idea of the Earth as a sphere has existed since the time of the ancient Greeks, long before NASA. What possible financial motive did they have?
What financial motives could NASA have?
How could the sun be a spotlight if it is a sphere?
On the flat Earth the light projection would have to be a semi circle.
Why the North Star goes to the horizon.
Why do constellations appear to be different in the Southern and Northern hemispheres?
Why is the Coriolis effect stronger near both poles, instead of stronger in the north and weaker in the south.
Why are Satellites visible from Earth with a pair of Binoculars?
How could a flat body maintain an atmosphere?
Why are other celestial bodies spheres but the earth is not? How, and why, was the earth created differently?

Flat Earth is nothing more than a disinfo campaign.

Or maybe it's just a shitposter baiting for replies?

Yes, Elon musk is race aware and had 5 white children (so far)

But

He fucked up.

He had those children with a twig of a woman on a shit diet and he didn't make sure to feed her properly between pregnancies

The kids came out wrong

Just look at those faces

This is one lesson I have to give to you guys, and I am serious here, if you want to make babies, make sure they are fucking good and strong babies. Make sure your women eats a great diet and isnt a skinny twig.

So exciting. I want to colonize mars. I read a really good series of book some years ago, all about the first human colonists going to mars.
amazon.com/Red-Mars-Trilogy-Stanley-Robinson/dp/0553560735

The way I look at it, is that people need a frontier in order to prosper. Just look at Europe. It was fully explored and became ruled by faggots who treated people badly, so the great explorers found the new world. Several hundred years of expansion goes by and the new world is now ruled by faggots who treat people badly so we need a new frontier, but there are no new frontiers. The world has been fully explored. There is no where to go to get away from the evil faggots that rule this world. So what is left? Space motherfucker.

We go to mars to get away from all the degenerate faggots that rule this earth and we explore new frontiers on red mars. It will be goddamn glorious. We will be free of the control of the faggots for at least a hundred years and it will be exceptionally hard for them to mount a war against us if we revolt against their faggotry. Jolly old england was more than capable of sailing some redcoats over to the colonies when they got uppity, but it wont be nearly so easy to send armies to Mars, which means once we get a foothold, we will have all the freedom we can steal for ourselves.

Looks fine to me, not all kids look good, some look better as adults.
Also mirin that cranial volume on the left

Was getting caught a part of their plan?

Did he really need to?
Even if nobody thought of this before it isn't exactly a huge revelation.

This right here seriously fucked with me for a second.

All you retard LARPers saying this don't understand that a Mars colony would be COMPLETELY dependent on receiving critical shipments from Earth. If Earth goes to shit, you will be left to die.

The Reich could barely build a rocket to London, the Jew is building a rocket to Mars. Checkmate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun

The only pole star (Polaris) is still visible below the equator, once out of view those stars (the ones that haven't changed in millennia despite earth supposedly orbiting the sun and the sun orbiting the galaxy) continue to revolve around it.

They do, which is why flights can't be tracked over oceans in the southern hemisphere.
youtu.be/A0FuO8lQV18
Also why explorers like Cpt Cook going back to the 19th century found themselves constantly out of reckoning.

That experiment doesn't prove or disprove FE, only that the sun is relatively close (roughly 3,000 miles away)

They don't, see above.

You're obviously unfamiliar with the FE model. The sun travels concentrically across the tropics for 6 months in each direction, the circuit around the pole is what we know as east and west.

Watch the sun next time it "sets", it's getting smaller and farther away, not going "down".
youtu.be/1H2KeQUcmvg

It does.

So you're saying blue marble "pics" are real? Haha
youtu.be/wyRbc28PSrI

Really? So why has there never been a single scientific experiment demonstrating mass attracting mass by virtue of itself?
youtu.be/4J18e30zTyE

No, it implies gravity doesn't exist. That and the lack of a single piece of empirical evidence.

Somewhere on the meniscus I would assume.

Costing lots of money is exactly the point, genius.

Yup, back before they had telescopes and could test their horizon theories.
youtu.be/ql_TTguKxnE

Billions and billions worth.
youtu.be/5e-RnKAN9qY

Wat

Wat

You're starting to crack up kiddo.

Paint them on a large ceiling then walk around and look at them from different angles, did you fall asleep in geometry class or something?

Coriolis effect is easily debunkable and 100% non scientific.
youtu.be/xJOB0vcZ4NI

Sauce? Speaking of binoculars try taking a pair out to the beach sometime.
youtu.be/yfbvwqjITLg

How could the ball? Why wouldn't it be sucked into your space vacuum? Oh that's right, magic gravity that isn't scientific but explains everything about hekiocentrism.

You mean those round self laminating bodies known for thousands of years as "wandering stars?" Your faith is in billion dollar paintings and you call me stupid.

Good question, as long as you keep believing a military DOD remnant of the cold war though you're not going to get any answers.

You are sort of correct, at least in the early years. If you throw enough money at a problem it can be solved. The ruling elite didn't like the idea of mutually assured destruction in a potential nuclear war so they built D.U.M.B.'s (Deep Underground Military Bases) and these places are totally self sustained. They could survive down there for centuries. They use all the best technologies for cheap clean energy production, they have vast farms of nutritious organic food grown hydroponically under grow lights powered by that clean energy. They have air filtration systems that recycle and clean the atmosphere, similar to how it works on a nuclear submarine. They have towering drilling machines that can excavate miles and miles of tunnels which can hold all the people and technologies required.

All we need to do is ship the parts for just one of those giant nuclear powered tunnel boring machines, to mars, and we can start building our very own martian underground base.

Once we have a self sufficient civilization underground, we can start working on terraforming the surface, perhaps by genetically engineering plants that can withstand the thin atmosphere and cold conditions, while producing a more breathable atmosphere for us to benefit from in a few hundred years.

this guy is a jew

I always knew it would be a South African who would get fed up with this shit the most and do something drastic.

There's little to no evidence he even existed. True there was a school, and they also believed farting expelled demons from the body.

Whatever you say (((space cowboy))).

WaterFX was brought up in the /namibia/ discussions and IMO would have been the best way to have water.

underated post

why not just send all the niggers, spics and chinks there with the promised idea of "no whites"

i'm sure a lot of them would sign up asap

also

let me know when he has a rocket that doesn't explode.

he's borderline autism himself so his kids only had a 50/50 chance anyway.

Before sending anyone to the moon or mars we should fix the mess we have here. We can't have any SJW or Jewish input in space colonization.

The last thing I want to see is a private company using public funds to send sandniggers, niggers and kikes on Mars.

LMAO

"Outer Space" is a big scam you faggots. I can't wait to see the look on your faces when you find out…

all rockets explode or crash into the ocean…

no one drove a car on the moon

Some of the "sattelites" people see might just be high altitude planes with some megalights on them.

I think maybe Mars was once a great and vibrant place to live for pre-earth humans. Then liberalism and such like almost killed everyone, but a few huge, white, nordic blue eyed people escaped to Earth. They brought a few thousand and made the earth like it is now. They are still alive over hundreds of millions of years but have become scared, they know if hillay wins they lose a lot of power. They will kill it. They are working on a virus to kill blacks but they want to keep whites alive due to white 18yr old women being so perfect. I'm not sure yet, but they are either jews or muslims or maybe the last of the true pure white race.
Anyway, they need a get-out clause because the non whites are out of control breeding to the point that civilization breaks and then mass starvation, war, rape and disease. Liberals are trying hard to make the apocalypse a reality. So they have been working on region and race specific viruses and diseases. Unfortunately they don't get non white race social culture and keep making the released stuff either to quick infecting or so slow that humans make the virus manageable (HIV etc)
They are now trying to send a 1st wave back to Mars to switch off the machine. Once the machine is off then Mars starts to live again. But when they leave they switch the machine on here on Earth, and everything rapidly dies.

Either that or I'm ass hat backwards drunk.

Theoretically, people who grew up on Mars would be 62% weaker than those who grew up on Earth due to gravity not forcing your bones to become dense, or your muscles to become strong by hauling your ass up a hill or stairs. There would have to be mandated exercise where everyone, every day, gets an hour or so of high intensity training with heavy weights so that they maintain their muscles and bone density. Even then, they'd have a hard time if they ever came back to Earth.

I mean, yeah, sure, absolutely. How else would you go about collecting that data? But that's not a colonization mission. That's sending a few people up with the intent of gathering data for colonization, even if those people end up staying. What I'm saying is that we can't be putting a colony's worth of a population there in 50-150 years just like that. You need (well, fine, SHOULD, not need) to conduct small scale missions just like the one you're describing.

If you don't, and just say fuck it let's plop down an entire colony, the potential for catastrophic failure is so great that you need to have some way of recreating known survivable conditions on site, or getting them back to earth. A small scientific team that knows full well that they're testing the long term survivability in Martian gravity is far more expendable than a minimum viable reproductive population and all the facilities and equipment they'd need.

Musk is a sperg who married the same bitch again after she divorced him. He's not gonna be flying anywhere after the inevitable second divorce.

Actually the radiation problem hasn't been solved.

The gravity factor you emphasize is the most important factor as you said though. There's this problem that ~90% of astronauts get that fucks with our bodily fluids because our body evolved in an environment where g was assumed. The syndrome is known as Visual impairment intracranial pressure syndrome.

Here is an interesting article talking about it: archive.fo/XgJLu

It's not a pasta its genuine, but if you want to make it a pasta I would be honored.

N1 was actually fucked by its computer programming not its rocket engines. It would have withstood its engine failures if the computer did not freak out and shut everything down.

If you are actually involved in that process, please address VIIP syndrome prevalence in astronauts and how that poses an obvious problem to anyone expected to survive for extended periods in space.

I don't like the argument 'we should fix things here before we go to space'
All the problems here could be solved but they are not solved because some people either profit directly off of those problems or they use those problems in some bigger goal of creating order out of chaos. This is the big conspiracy of the modern world. The evil elite create or enhance problems and then offer a solution which is always -give us more money and power- and then the dumb faggots say -yes please save us from these problems-

Look at any problem and you can see this pattern. The economy is shit, yeah well whenever the economy crashes, that lets the rich buy up all the real physical valuable property at a fraction of its value. It happened that way during the great depression too. All the bubbles and busts are orchestrated to steal everything of value.

Or look at the problem of terrorism, all through the 80's we funded and supported osama bin laden, and then he allegedly blew up the twin towers, a day after the pentagon admitted losing 4 trillion dollars, and the only paper trail to track down all that missing money was located in two places, the twin towers, and the part of the pentagon that got hit the same day, and all the auditors that were tracking down that huge financial fraud, got blown up too. Sounds like quite the coup. On top of that, they had the patriot act, all 6 million pages of it, written and ready to go well in advance, so that they could further strip everyone of their rights, begin molesting people en masse with the TSA and begin spying on everyone en masse with the NSA. They were doing that anyway, but this made it all legal and above board.

or look at immigration. They obliterate large parts of the middle east as part of their proxy war with russia, and then simultaneously they have the globalist puppet, angela merkel declare that all refugees are welcome in germany. So all the syrian refugees head to germany, but more than that, every dindu muslim faggot from anywhere, floods towards germany. Europe becomes a total shitshow of muslim crime. Rapes, robberies and terrorist acts all over the place. This weakens every nation across Europe, softening them up for the globalists to offer a solution to the problem they caused in the first place. What is that solution gonna be? Probably globalist control, more centralized government, get rid of cash, give more power to the bankster jews. The same solution they always offer.

Meanwhile the bilderberg group is planning to cull 90% of the population of the earth to pave the way for the rich, who will live in well stocked deep underground bases and bunkers, during the apocalypse, so that they can emerge in a world free of all the useless eaters, and then they plan to be all transhumanist and live forever in robot bodies and basically be gods who rule forever over the few surviving slaves. The surviving peasant slaves will of course be autistic half-breeds with an IQ around 60 due to the extensive genetic modification in the monsanto food and the numerous vaccines.

You can make a fusion bomb with low levels of persistent radiation. You can also create nukes that expel most of there energy out in a beam in two opposing directions. (similar to pic mildly related). So the plan would be to nuke from a high orbit (polar) and have maybe 40% of the energy hit the surface with very little to no "fall out". It would ablate the ice caps for a few seconds and would be repeated thousands of times. With mass production you could make fusion bombs needing very little fissile material that cost in the low tens of thousands of dollars. So for a billion dollars you could make perhaps 50k nukes or one detonation every ten minutes for a year, wont take many years of that to 'melt' (ablate) the ice caps and really really accelerate the terminating. This is something humanity could do for less than what we spend on cosmetics.

This is true, but only for actual humans. Shitskins have a 24-hour circadian rhythm.

It would be a problem for people hundreds of millions of years in the future. We can kick this can down the road.

Also Venus has no magnetic field and it has a thicker atmosphere than earth.

Yeah, I wouldn't have that problem though.

He has physics and business degrees. He got most of his aerospace and rocket science knowledge from reading books lots and lots of books. (because despite what the kikes want you to think, universities don't have a monopoly on learning)

I really don't know where you shills are getting this from.

SpaceX is not publicly traded, he is not doing anything at all with hyper loop. Tesla and solar city are both traded and they publish enough information on them that if anyone gets burned on it they had it coming.

I don't see you investing your millions and starting your own space company. Go do it.

Would it be hundreds of millions or just millions? I guess you are right if it can be done.

We really otta hang such by the neck until they are dead.

They've got a way to get back to earth, and it's not like that really matters, we are not exactly running out of humans.

Actually, Elon's missions are one way trips. The return trip is 90% of the cost of space walk missions.

The real important resource Venus has in abundance is energy. The warmth of the atmosphere allows for very economical means of generating power.

Furthermore, the sulphuric acid in the atmosphere is food for terrestrial organisms already adapted to high heat and pressure, and these organisms already form the base for terrestrial ecosystems.

Mars has none of that.

This is not true, Elon wants the rockets back. So much so that he is starting by building fuel factories on mars. The rockets (which land on mars) are coming back with or without people.

One way trip AKA suicide missions.
All the fuxkers signing up to get blasted to Mars are autistic nerds who will realize their colossal fucking mistake once they land on a endless red desert.
The monotony of that existence will drive men to madness.

That's nice and all but I don't think I'm going to make the time frame for this. He doesn't need fuel factories on mars to do these runs however so his recycling rockets thing could be interesting. It is most of the cost of round trip space travel though. I have a friend who works for SpaceX and she explained it to me.

A lot of these people are going to be elderly folks IIRC. With a million people it could be done. Hell, I live inside my house enough to where I might as well be on a red planet.

Why would anyone consign themselves to such a hell

Mars has clouds, mars has windows through which you can feel the sun.

You do realize that Venus is extremely hot and extremely cold. Unless if you were intending to kill white people something.

I get the feeling c4e320 doesn't actually work for SpaceX

I work for a SpaceX contractor not SpaceX directly. The company I work for makes parts for many aerospace and military applications.

Give me a call when they have longitudinal studies proving that humans can survive half a year journies in a chair without their psyche going to mush and their body atrophying. There's also the fact that exiting the magnetosphere for that long means they'd be bathed with more radiation than our current shielding knows what to do with. We can get instruments to the red planet, but the doses humans would receive are still very lethal.

What's your endgame on Earth and why does anyone go anywhere outside their "comfort zone"? Going to Mars would be no different than anyone who's left their home to be in a hostile environment, or any explorer or colonizer ever. The only difference between a Phoenician sailor, European whaler, a colonist in the Americas or a Mars settler is that the latter has a smaller margin of error.

Venus has virtually no water. It does have "habitable" atmospheric layer though. There's even some possibility there's microbial life at that level.

Yes it is.
No. No it's not.

Actually both Venus and Mars are good candidates for terraforming. Which is the easiest is unknown and depends on whether it's easier to add atmosphere or remove atmosphere. I will say the amount of air you would have to add to Mars is trivial compared to the amount you would have to remove from Venus.

Absolute unequivocal horseshit, the doses humans would receive would increase there risk of getting cancer by single digits and that is assuming linear no-threshold model which says all radeation of any kind accumulates damage that is never repared is not kike tear lies (pro tip it is)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_hormesis

On mars completely unshielded, (aka sun baiting) you would get 1.8 milliliters per day this would be the equivalent (in bullshit methodology that counts all kinds of radeation equal) of getting a pet scan every two weeks. In the end (using the bullshit LNT model) you would have upper single digit lower double digit increase risk of dying from cancer (about the same as a smoker).

Might want to double-check that unit there, user.

Radiation exposure is not measured in terms of volume.

You're right, just checked, but its millisieverts not milliliters. The psychological and physical aspects are still unanswered however. You can't hand waive away our body's reluctance to adjust to micro-g.

Spellcheck is scientifically illiterate and I don't always catch it. I actually put the correct spelling in and let spell check (((correct))) me.

It has a weak induced field caused by the interaction of the solar wind with it's tenuous atmosphere. If you can manage to increase the density of atmosphere you'll get more of an effect. You could also build structures to generate an artificial magnetic field.
It has tons of water, it's just frozen at the south pole or underground.
We don't know whether it does or not, though it most likely doesn't. It likely does have uranium or other radioactive deposits though and solar is always an option. Probably geothermal too.

Build underground.

We don't know shit about how it might or might not effect humans.

All those Musk shills trying to create hype for shekels.

This is dumb.

Just because nature uses magnetic fields when it's got a ginormous molten core to power the thing doesn't mean we need to blindly replicate it.

Somewhere in the vicinity of the M1 point between Mars and Sol you'd need to build a large electrostatic shield.

Most of the mass of the solar wind is in the form of positively charged ions, so you'd want this shield to have a sufficiently strong positive charge to redirect the ions away from Mars.

The shield could be in the form of a disk, or a 45 degree cone where the vertex points at the sun.

In order to keep the correct charge on the shield, you'd need to constantly remove electrons.

The best way to do this is a bank of nuclear-powered particle accelerators at the center of the shield which shoot beams of electrons toward the sun.

make that the L1 point

I don't know if this is ultra high grade shitposting or if you are actually just this goddamned stupid.

What he means is you can only see the current pole star only as far south as the equator. Further south than that and it is obscured by the bulk of the planet.

Musk is our savior

he is one of the very very few economic magnates who actually try to advance humanity and passively combat jews.

Just look at humanities science progress. Everything of value is controlled by kikes. They'll slip through tech just enough to keep the goyim in control, technology that benefits the capitalist jews and their globalist plans.

That's why jews heavily oppose e.g. the chinese stance on genetics which has literally no (((ethics))) in place and allows experiments Maengele could have dreamed of.

Another example is AI. Kikes try to contain it within huge conglomerates like jewbook, Jewgle, Microjew or JewBM.

Musk, along with off-shots like Thiel (who financed the takedown of gawker), invested every penny they have into things like SpaceX (to perpetuate human spread and leave planet before kikes destroy it) or OpenAI.

OpenAI has literally an anti-jew mission statement, which says:

If everyone has AI powers, then there's not any one person or a small set of individuals who can have AI superpower

He referred to the increasingly wealthy and powerful gaining control over cutting edge tech and therefore are a danger to humanity as they could exploit and enslave them.

I have capitalist opportunists as much as every proper NatSoc, but once in a while, opportunists like Trump or Musk come along and step on a lot of (((dicks))).

He's a fucking kike troll that needs to be gassed. You should just stop taking the bait, it only feeds his ego.

I know a guy IRL who believe in FE. Had a long conversation with him. He also thinks that the moon is a source of light rather than a reflector. Really wild shit.

Making a artificial field is only one possibility. I like it personally because of how easy it would be to do and how stable it would be over long periods of time, provided you make the entire thing solid state. But once again you really don't need it in the short term, the induced magnetic field would largely protect the atmosphere of a terraformed Mars from erosion. The biggest threat is disassociation of H2O so generating large amounts of ozone would be necessary.

Out of curiosity, what is the expected power consumption of your "solid state" magnetic field?

it's never gonna happen - musk is a dumb fag

spacex won't even exist after his next divorce (married the same bitch twice & he didn't have a prenup this time)

tesla is a shitty car company, named after a weirdo who, like musk, had big dreams, but never accomplished anything of substance

tesla was also a weird ass who literally jerked off to pigeons. tesla died when his favorite pigeon to jerk off to died. that's a fact.

musk is no different.

It's almost as if Musk is a front for money laundering :^)

Colonizing Mars is cool, but until I see design reviews and tests, I remain apathetic.
There are plenty of paper rocket companies that say they are going to have a dozen cubesats around the earth in 3 years and almost all of them never pan out. SpaceX is not a paper rocket company, but the challenge they are facing is extremely daunting.
I'm not saying they can't do it, but they haven't proved to me that they are capable of doing it.
It took more than 10 years to get 12 people on the moon, and that was just to collect rocks and bring them back.
Getting 1M people to a body that is 1400 times further away from the earth to live there permanently? in 100 years?
Sorry, but I remain skeptical.
Especially if they have yet to produce a rocket that could land and return humans to and from the moon.

Also what do they plan to do for contingencies?
And what does their ground system look like?

I really gotta wonder why you have such a huge hate boner for musk. Please share with us your motivation, your daddy works for Lockheed or you get an unpleasant answer to a bullshit question you asked him somewhere?

He is objectively better than anyone else in the fields he operates in. You would rather the kikes at ULA keep getting the billions in subsidies instead? You think Biezos's kike based expansion into the solar system is preferable?

(1) how many proxies you goona burn up?

According to one artificial magnetic field proposal, the power consumption would be about 12 Gigawatts for the whole setup.

12 GW per second or per hour?

yet, we see 2,000 daily trump threads while his daughter is sucking Chaims dick three times a day.

Talking about achievements and ridicule.

In space you really don't care much about distance, delta v is the measurement that usually matters most. And it actually takes less energy to land on mars than it does to land on the moon if you do aerocapture.

space is an empty field of rocks and junk. it's not worth trying to mine for shit. it's not worth sending people there. it's just a hole

Musk didn't invent anything and he's not behind any of the "new" technologies spacex and tesla have used.

The government has had that shit for decades.

Wake up goys.

Once the jews are out we'll be able to use some of that technology for good purposes.

What I'm saying here is it's a lot more difficult. Not necessarily in terms of power, but in terms of the scale of the problem they are trying to tackle.

That does not explain your autistic hate boner against musk when there are people far more deserving if your ire

SLS spends far far more tax money on a rocket that will in all likelihood never launch. (like the constellation program before it)

ULA milks far more subsidies for its space shit.

Biezos is far more of a kike.

Yet every time musk comes up you have to shill your shit all over the thread for days using several proxies. I just don't get it.

Earth is just a giant rock filled with shitty people.
There is no point staying here. it sucks.

Weev is jewish and musk is a front for CERN.

Jews fear CERN.

friendly reminder that this just happened

It's the remainder of luddite stormfags around here who keep shilling for a tech-devoid and 'simple' life because they are mentally not capable of understanding technology or science as a whole. All they care is getting their dick wet with a virgin they will never get and running around with shouting 'muh reich'. Most of them are burgerclaps and shabby britbongs who have absolutely no grasp what National Socialism and its goals mean.

By definition a watt is a joule/sec so a watt is a term of power.
A watt-hour is a measure of energy (1 joule/sec over a 1 hour period)
There is a difference in the 2 terms.
You need to learn your basic high school physics before you are gonna travel in your space ship to mars.

what is it with this retarded proxy talk?

musk is just a dumbass. he's about to lose half of everything he owns to some random british whore. spacex isn't going to exist in two years. anyone familiar with musk's personal life understands that.

the only thing musk is good at is getting plastic surgery

Nice try TOR shill

you've kinda answered your own question there buddy. Government is an international euphemism for jewish run countries.

This is so fucking true yet nobody admits it.

this, too. musk never invented anything, yet people talk like he is this genius who is going to save us. he's just a rich weirdo playing with his gay little toys

any many more disasters where that came from. nobody's going to mars, folks

Fun fact, this rocket exploded on launchpad 40.
The the OREX spacecraft was at launchpad 41 (on an Atlus V) not to far from it when the explosion occurred. OREX was supposed to launch about a week later (and did successfully).
It was thought that the explosion may have damaged the Atlus V carrying OREX,

Look up something called "consensus cracking" its where a shill will use multiple accounts to shill the same shit to make it seem like a popular opinion.

Hell of a lot of (1) or (2) based shitty attacks in this thread. Probably most (but not all) are from one dedicated autistic fagot.

how is that working out for you?

future FEMA inhabitant

That sounds like a very low estimate.

Using the numbers from this:

cfa.harvard.edu/~scranmer/ITC/eaaa_solar_wind_schwenn.pdf

I get that the energy value of the solar wind striking a Mars-sized target at 1 AU is about 100 MW.

Mars actually orbits at about 1.5 AU so that number should be reduced by the inverse-square law, but I'm not going to bother since you'd want to engineer the system with some excess slack anyway.

The circular disk electrostatic shield would need to basically absorb all that kinetic energy, so would consume on the order of 100 MW to block 100% of solar wind.

By making the shield into a cone, you can reduce the power consumption requirements to be arbitrary low, at the cost of increasing the physical size of the structure.

oldfag here
I watched the apollo landing live in 69.
Then I went to college and graduated engineering.
Now after looking at a whole bunch of stuff I could not say with 100% certainty that what I saw in 69 was the truth.

He is actually doing shit nasa wouldn't have dared to try.

Yeah, I've noticed it, too. Since quite some time there are luddite shills popping up all over the board, derailing threads about tech/science and promote Amish life style instead.

NASA is a money sink and mostly used for defense programs. In return, (((they))) allow them to have some little side-projects like throwing toy robots onto mars and drive around with them.

Oldfag, tell us more of the times of your youth. As a youngfag in engineering now, I wish to hear more of running upstairs and downstairs to feed data to one of these old computers. I want to hear of how it was to be scared by the gommie nuclear war. Did you have a nuclear shelter? Tell us, oldfag. It's myths and smokescreens to us now.

yeah and none of it's working.

the only part of musk's plan is getting people to think he's anything other than a little gayboy

please, (((bare-ip poster))).

Look at the price of Twitter or Facebook or LinkedIn.

Publicly traded doesn't mean shit and the price of individual teach securities is a gigantic bubble.

I don't get where your idiocy from. A company doesn't have to be publicly traded to garner massive investments.

Do you know what Uber is, you shitbrain?

it barely works & isn't of any real use.

nobody's going to mars

There was a post on the board a couple months ago where I posted the pictures of the hardware I used in college to access the unit computer.
The other anons on the board were aghast at how ancient the actual hardware was like teletypes and card readers.
I did start college with a slide rule but by the time i graduated I had a scientific calculator.
I never had a fallout shelter but I remember telling another old fag one time that I did not know the president of mexico but I could name every soviet premier since kruschev and I told him you could as well. He goes no i can't I started to name them off and asked him you know all these names and he goes holy fuck yes i do.

So why the fuck would anyone care if he "fools" other billionaires into investing in his "scams". Even if all that bullshit was true how the fuck would it matter. Jewing hard working plebs out of there sheckles ala Enron is top tier kikery but who the fuck cares if billionaires want "throw away" millions in a space company who's stated goal is to make humans multidisciplinary and not to turn a profit like all the other kike corporations. I bet you would rather they spend it on (((philanthropy))) like helping Africans or some shit.

We never did that we used calculators and paper and drew things out with pencils and parallel boards on huge ass drafting tables.
The real freak out to me is I did vibration for a while and in about 1980 a scientific atalanta real time analyzer that would do double integration and differntion was about 50K the cost of a nice home. Shit like that has plummeted in price now.

How did reality perception change for you, from computers of back then to computers now? I made a simple game about orbit simulation that makes hundreds of calculations per second (RK4 simulation) and it goes smooth on modern processors. What's the contrast? On another note, how powerful were the whites during your time? Was it like now or was it better back then? Seriously, put your thoughts in a journal or something.

dark age user, why are you trying to keep us down?

i'm just trying to bring you guys back to reality. musk is not some magical guy who is going to build a pointless citadel on mars.

musk is a loser who is about to lose half of his assets in a divorce. he's not taking us to the stars

Maybe he is a loser among millions of other losers, but at least he's trying to do the undoubtedly right thing, which is advance humanity.

We should not bet our asses that we will reconquer earth one day from jewish and capitalist claws. Packing up and starting anew somewhere else in this galaxy may be our only hope.

Are you by chance the ashes and echos guy?

The first computers to me were kinda worthless.
Unless I had (rarely) an unusually long equation with many terms in it and I had to do it over and over that would be the only time a computer would be beneficial.
The first PC's all my engineering buddies scoffed at because people would say I can put my recipes on it or I can balance my check book with it real dumb ass shit to do with a computer.
Software changed all that for me.
When I started out we wrote all our own software
I had eworld for my first internets
I could burn cd's before tons of my friends even had an email.

dont be retarded.

There will be a space station orbiting mars with artificial gravity equal to earths. When children turn 21, they are shipped to Mars to begin their life of labor in low gravity where they can produce twice the goods of a laborer on earth.

(heil'd and check'd)
150 years still seems too soon for me. Manned stations or low-grade colonization efforts, perhaps. But Musk assumes we won't have wars or other contingencies to deal with before then. Shaking my damned head, family member.

My own guess is that 2040, as prognosticated by various scientists and mathematicians, will be the year that AI will be possible (or perhaps common.) Ignoring the possibility of an AI uprising, we will certainly send intelligent machinery to do a lot of the groundwork before our arrival. Indeed, we have already sent numerous machines to the surface…

Another thing, how does Musk plan on bringing one million people to Mars on a ship initially designed to fit 100 at a time? Fly it there and back 10,000 times? Reminder that it's not uncommon to see something in the news about one of his little 'pet projects' blowing up on the launchpad. Where do I sign up?

I think it's a lot of christfags or pagan LARPing, thought I have met honest-to-god flat-Earthers too. My guess is a mix of genuine simpletons and D&C shills attempting to equate flat-earthers with antisemitism, thereby weakening anti-jewish arguments through negative association.

I rather it be spent on space projects that are actually going to return on the investment, not some con-artist's pipe dreams.

I care because as much as those billions are monopoly money, they can make actual progress happen. SpaceX is not going to make that progress happen.

They were way powerful but they were way nazis or klan and the media ownership has not changed since then.
I can never effectively tell younger people what a marvel you have with the internet how it has opened the world that was locked up tight as shit in the old days

He envisions a fleet of ships, to be amassed staged in parking orbits waiting for the transit windows to open and all leaving in mass every 26 months.

the jews will rule space. what makes you think they wont try to take mars?

it's all just a pipedream, though

Are the 90s glorified rightfully in modern times? Were they as good as they say? Did modern ways of engineering and programming impact science from your time? How different are modern C's and Java's from your fortrans and what else you had back then? Seriously, say more in detail please. I know I am derailing the thread a bit, but it's rare to be able to talk to oldfags from engineering.

Like what? How many satellite tv transceivers does humanity need. I'm fine with the moon or astroids or mars, but musk is doing mars and I'm not about to tell him that he picked the wrong choice of the three. Let others have a go at the other two.

Lead follow or get out of the way. I don't see you doing shit to get a "return on investment" in space.

HAY LOOK GUISE, I AM DOIN THE RIGHT THING SPENDIN MONEY TO REINVENT THE WHEEL

HAY GUISE, NONE OF THE ROCKET MANUFACTURERS IN THE WOLD KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT WHEN THEY SAY THIS SHIT IS ONE TIME USE. SEE IT IS STILL THE SAME SHAPE, WE CAN USE IT AGAIN! LOOK AT ME DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!

LOOK AT ALL THESE FAWNCEE LCD SCREENS (that crew members will not be able to operate with gloves on) LOOK AT THE OPEN AIR INSIDE (with completely inadequate restraint systems) I SURE DO KNOW HOW TO BUILD A GOOD SPACE SHIP

So nearly 400 launches. I guess it might be feasible but as

(check'd)

said, it will be the jews running Mars until we solve that problem first. Imagine the absolute dystopian fucking horror of a galaxy run by jews…

You know kikes just like you were shilling that he would never have a successful launch, and then shilling he would never have a successful landing. You kikes were shilling that Tesla would go bankrupt that the model s would never launch, you where shilling that the investors would never go along with the solar city merger. You know red dragon will be on mars soon. Does it ever get tiresome being wrong time and time again?

Science never really was predictable. Frankly, Musk's estimates are conservative. Wars and economic crisis' will happen but they won't impede a certain technological direction.

As for the road map to mars: it will really come down to what is first. Machines or humans. It doesn't really matter since people can be simply exchanged with machinery. Advanced flights to mars will consist of a hybrid payload, partly humans, partly intelligent machines.

The 'million people' quote refers to his views of a minimal number of people needed to form an independent colony/society. He also mentioned that cost reduction will allow to have as many as > 1,000 ships in orbit traversing between mars and earth every two years (launch window) in a few decades.

But most importantly, his aim is to allow anyone with an average income to pack up his things and go to mars. They are aiming to reduce the cost/head below $100k, so not only rich fags can go.

I imagine there will also be people sent to mars for free because of their qualification.

Somewhat but I learned fortran it was very useful.
Then along came C I bought the book started to look at it and thought I am never going to use this so I didn't bother trying to learn anything beyond what I first knew because I realized it was going to change so fast I would always be playing catch up and I didn't have the inclination to constantly learn a new language.

I will tell you one thing on this mars deal.
If we are as space savvy as all you kids think we are we would be launching everything from the moon.
We would have bases there and people going back and forth.
But no forget the moon now we gonna go to the red planet in a _ (fill in the blank) time frame.
But when you become my age I will bet my last nickel that you still are not quite have gone to mars yet.
But it is right around the corner trust us.

At about 50k feet Venus atmosphere is essentially room temperature.

Well musk cant do everything on his own. Let's see what we can do about the jews without his help ok.

I've got such a boner for these Saudi Arabia law suits and what kinda shit the Sauds will point out about 9/11. Would be so sweet if they made public proof of Mossad's involvement or the insurance fraud around the towers or recordings of talks between them and (((Bush))) abut the plans. I know it probably wont happen but I can dream cant I?

But it is probably 5 atmospheres pressure.

Your ignorance is breathtaking.

I rather see that money go to little things that could completely revolutionize the industry. Like conformal composite cryogenic fuel tanks, or aerospike engines, nuclear engines, or advanced space suits. Or heck if we want to get pedestrian, even rotating zero-g habitation. Nobody has attempted doing that yet, but we all agree it needs to be done right before we really have access to the solar system.

There are tons of places in the industry where investment could really change the way we do space. Musk isn't near any of it.

yet NASA faggots blew up the simplest shit there is into pieces.

This makes the landing of his re-useable stages look like a fucking miracle.

GAS SPACE
MARS WAR NOW

Venus is also located such that sending intrasolar expeditions from it is actually an attractive proposition.

It's well placed to serve as a hub for inner solar system travel.

Oh, how often did we hear this jewish sentence when (((they))) tried to divert economy output into useless shit like cosmetics, advertising, trash-consumerism, sports, music, bail-outs etc.

you really are a fucking kike man. Just go all out dude. No point in hiding anymore.

Quite frankly, it makes me happier that King Nigger's veto was overruled. Fuck that stupid ape.

I'm not expecting Musk to do shit about the jews. That problem is left to the rest of us, he can't take all the credit for everything.

I'll say, would any of you anons have ever imagined that you'd become NatSoc or some other form of far right way of thought? The internet is the greatest, as

points out.

kek
We went to the moon right?
We can't even explore these caves here on earth cuz it is too hot at 112ºF

They can't explore caves here on earth for more than 15 mins or die and you think we can't use all the nasa space tech for such a trifle of a heat source?
What is wrong with this picture space geniuses?

ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/11/crystal-giants/shea-text

Bingo.

The space shuttle was supposed to be a foundational step to open up space. A more advanced way to get to and from space that was supposed to pave the way for other space planes, and hopefully SSTO. It was supposed to make a LEO space station easily possible which would then make the moon an easier target.

It didn't deliver, budgets for replacements got cut, we lost the inclination to explore and here are.

How the fuck do you think they landed on the moon? A fucking parachute?

Here is the ad hominem because baby got in over his head.

See
Exactly. There shouldn't be a single place we can't explore on this planet. Having that capability opens up most of the worlds in the solar system.

The hostile environments here are training, and we can't even pass that test.

the gravity is low so the atmosphere cant really build up. Even after water vapor and gasses are released in the atmosphere they will drift off in to space.

not very proud of yourself today, hm?

fuckin goon get the fuck outta here

you goonkike

Care to do some actual math then? Every time someone says it didn't happen they don't ever show me any evidence and compares not seeing yet believing in God is equal to not seeing a supposed object with the naked eye ob a gigantic body really, really far away. I've come out of the whole exchanges I've had thinking pretty much nobody that believes it's impossible to go to the moon have any sense of scale bar minimum.

You just went full retard man. He just build the largest cryogenic fuel tank ever and tested it BEFORE revealing his new rocket design.

He is pushing the state of the art on engines and tanks and just about every thing else. His Dragon 2 has fucking 3d printed engines. My god man nasa has only done that in bullshit proof of concept shit and musk is flying it. Everyone else is too risk averse to actually innovate, musk is not. And if all that means blowing up a rocket or five and killing a few people then that's a price I would be glad to see paid.

The major issue I have with any kind of orbital solution (for anything) with Mars is how close that planet is to the asteroid belt. You're going to get more micro meteorite impacts especially since Mars lacks a large moon to help clear its orbit of debris.

Nah man I was quite blue pilled before ebola. I remember being appalled that someone thought the holocaust was overstated or that 9/11 was bullshit. But ebola chan man, shit was really happening. Come for the memes stay for life. How can the left even compete.

You don't know shit man. Space suits keep people cool through evaporation (actually sublimation to get technical on your ass). The latent heat of sublimation of ice (the amount of energy absorbed when turning ice directly into steam in a vacuum) is 2,838 kJ/kg (about 800 watt hours) That's the amount of heat one kg of ice can absorb from a space suit by letting it evaporate into the vacuum of space. It;s kinda similar to a swamp cooler only they work a bajillion times better in the vacuum of space than they do even in a dry earth environment. And that shit doesn't work at all in a fucking humid ass cave.

Literally making a space suit is far easier than making a deep sea suit or a climate suit for deep cave environments. And your a fucking retard for thinking you know shit and will explain it to others and you don't even understand basic high school level physics or hacker space level of engineering.

Your post was bad and you should feel bad man.

Like what?
The physics is all quite simple ffs you can go on wikipedia and get the basics then it is just plug and grind

No thats how they told us they landed on mars in an atmosphere that is a near vacuum.
On earth you cannot deploy a parachute above 12000' (not enough air).
But somehow magically on mars they deployed a parachute with 1/100 of the atmosphere at 12000' on earth.
Space is truly inspiring to me I can't wait for the next generation Tang®

So this thing was filled with ice.
WOWOWWOW
Thanks for enlightening me.
So now can you explain me how they warmed them up?

heh

I'll be on the first ship out

Elon Musk is a con snakesalesman.

Might as well say there'll be one Enterprise built in 100 years and travel to another galaxy.

I compliment him for the entrepreneurial spirit though… except it seems he is milking off US taxpayer money to put on a PR show. But if he's helping to decrease the cost to launch a payload on space, that's still something. Isn't it? I suppose a lot of people around here would be glad to launch their own satellite into space. Flat-earthers can finally see.

If you took a flat-earther into space they would claim that they are being hypnotized and it's all false imagery being implanted into their brains.

Literally pointless semantics.

It's easier to get to venus than it is to get to mars.

nobody cares about what you have to say, ULA shill

The bunch of stuff that makes you doubt Apollo obviously.

It's actually water that is allowed to leak into a rigid sponge (kinda like lava stone) this water quickly freezes limiting its flow, the sponge has a heat exchanger built in it that cools water that is pumped through tubes that are sewn into undergarments.

Seel pic related labled "H2O" tank and "Sublimater"

Space suits rarely need warming (gloves and feet are exceptions, they are heated by resistive heating from batteries) space is a vacuum which is a good insulator, the human body (and electronics) generate more heat than what is lost through radeation. If you run out of water to sublimate away you stand a real chance of being cooked to death by your own body heat.

Also in a space suit you have no real risk of running out of oxygen, what you actually run out of is the scrubber capacity to remove the buildup of CO2. Nex gen space suits can have auto regenerating scrubbers that can heat up and vent co2 to the vacuum of space and could let people stay in a space suit for much longer.

Ohhhhhh baby!

Holy shit, it seriously can't be that expensive right?

Not that big of an accomplishment just to upsize what is already being done. Making composite cryogenic fuel tanks in unique shapes is where the frontier is, because it makes lifting body vehicles (with all their advantages) practical. Look up the Lockheed X-33

So what. I am a machinist. Its like getting a hard on for something done with a mill that could easily be done with a lathe. Unless there is a real benefit to using that manufacturing technology, who cares how it was made. For the time being the RD-191 is a superior engine to the Merlin and I guarantee you the Russians are building it with hammers.

For some reason the first picture reminds me of the second picture.
Why?
They are both govt generated drawings of "actual things" presented in a manner for us mouth breathers to understand

The problem here is you.
You're retarded.
I'm not even sorry that I have to break it to you. You should've learned how not to be a complete dumbfuck years ago.

The lander systems used on Mars have so far consisted of airbags and drogue chutes, and a skycrane; what happens if you stick your hand out the window of your car while traveling down the highway? Is it different from when you're parked? (Yes, you idiot, it is.) The same rules apply on Mars. Opening a parachute while traveling at very high speeds will still help slow you down even in a thin atmosphere, but you can't actually slow down enough this way to actually land - you'd know this if you'd paid any attention at all to any mars missions, but you're a fucking retard, so it goes without saying that you didn't.

Now the most recent lander on Mars used some wacky skycrane with rocket engines bullshit that I'm frankly surprised actually worked - this is after the heatshield aerobrake through the atmosphere and the drogue chute deployment. A nice soft landing without actually using a parachute to float down to the surface. Prior landers were inflatable bouncy-balls that softened the last bit of force from impact before deflating and deploying their little rovers.

We've never used only parachutes to land on Mars's surface.

You'll never sail across that.
You'll never be able to get over that mountain.
You'll never be able to fly in that.
You'll never get to space in that.
You'll never get to Mars.

Fucking watch us. If Humanity has one trait it's breeding people who hear people tell them they can't and take it as a personal challenge.

I've actually worn a space suit (it was Russian kek) and I've gotten to see in person several american ones (both assembled and unassembled) and as an edgy undergrad I argued with the space suit engineers at NASA about them not innovating and refusing to use mechanical counter pressure suits (space suits that don't need to be pressurized (seriously its a thing and cool as fuck)). So yeah space suits exist, they are real and shit.

user you could take a flat-earther to the ISS and they wouldn't change their views. They're all shills and legit schizos.

Look at how much fun she is having, you can't have that kind of fun in a standard gas bag space suit.

Trolling, your doing it wrong.

Your supposed to ask why there is a muffler on a space suit.

Ask it so I can ignore your question, because I'm going to bed.

I expect the spacex version to be literal plugsuits

If I am that retarded I guess I could never have calculated the total energy dissipated by the mars lander vs time through a near vacuum.
Just on a linear scale mind you.
Because i can't quite derive the pressure vs altitude formula for mars yet.

Why isn't anyone here understanding that some random blonde girl is about to own half of Tesla and SpaceX? If a company is going to dominate the future of space travel, it's not going to be under the direction of Elon Musk. Elon is trying to drum up support for his pet projects while he can, because soon he will not be able to fund any of this. Expect him to be talking big in the next few months, and then for the big TMZ article to come out about Elon's massive divorce losses, and an aricle in Bloomberg about his businesses being sold off, and then that will be the end of his run. It's a lot easier to predict than a million people on Mars.

In the end, we can all sit here and say "we'll never make it" and "pipedream" etc, which is true to an extent, but the dude is worth 10 billion and he's a fucking genius. Granted his plan probably won't work out but these are only the first steps. We have no idea what they've created, what they're working on at SpaceX or NASA (NASA probably fuck all at the moment). I for one am all for interplanetary shitposting.

Mars people also give me another demographic to ridicule so I don't see the harm in it.

I'll see your lunatic ramblings about the flat earth and raise you one kook raving about nukes not existing.

Something like ZIKA. Make all non-whites babies born to be handicapped in some way.

I think they do that with vaccines already, but to everybody. Only some batches of vaccines are infected with some shit to not be detected.

I understand they exist my problem is there is no substance to the picture.
IE
Oxygen control actuator
boots
O2 regulators
MMU mount
It tells you fuck all how it works it is just a drawing with big fancy terms on it is all.

it would cost 500k to send a man to Mars where it costs now 70 million dollars to send a man to the ISS on a Russian rocket. Of course once Musk get's production ramped up it will cost less than 70 million dollars to send a man to Orbit.

Yet at today's prices Musk could send 140 people to Mars for the price it cost send a single person to the ISS.

I hear that number is now 250,000 per person. So that's 280 people instead of the 140. the 280 number is the price of a single seat for a trip to the ISS,. The Shuttle typically sent 7 people to orbit.

So if it cost the same amount of money to use the Shuttle to send people into orbit as it does with the Soyuz,then for the price of using the Shuttle to send 7 people to the ISS you would be able to send 980 to 1,960 people.

This one graph here is what got me to thinking about the whole landing a 2 ton vessel on mars using only the atmosphere to slow it down from 13,000 mph to 0 rather quickly actually.
Not much resistance there as far as air density.
But what does a retard know about space?

What you can't wrap your head around is elementary physics.

I already explained the basic principle to you, but alas; you're a dumbfuck.

I think nobody here doubts some people, or peoples for that matter, from this blueball won't colonize Mars someday. It surely will, but not as SpaceX is going about it.

Of course it would be a bit lovely if Elon Musk was able to pull it off because it's a private, an individual enterprise.. though not that structure changing in the big scheme of things, it still goes back to the US and feeds it.

Lets put it another way
Put the amazing space heat shield space brakes PICA (phenolic impregnated carbon ablator) on a city bus scream the bus at mars going 13k MPH and it will slow down to 900 mph through a near vacuum in a little over 4 minutes?
I did all the calculations I could never come up with enough force due to the air density to expend that much kinetic energy.

Here is a more simplified version of force in a fluid stream plug in the numbers and calculate the density of the atmosphere. You will find there is not enough atmosphere to exert enough force to slow down the craft.
The heat shield was a 15' diameter
the air density you can calculate from the pressure vs height graph

What the fuck is that thing flying across the screen

Is that really how you imagine voices explaining emperical evidence over grade school tier jew sci-fi? You must be a fucking retard.
FFS you can't even shift goalposts correctly. Don't know about nuclear weapons but if you want another redpill that will trigger your walnut sized brain try Galen Winsor. Uses a lot of that non-capitalized science stuff that's totally gay so you should probably skip it. Median IQ anons with ADD skip to around 1:10:00

pics related

seriously though, all we have to do is make it so any sheboon who wants to receive welfare (or foreign aid) has to be sterilized first. The nigger population will drop by 90% in a single generation.

That was a complete failure. Why bring it up?

cant pay back you student load, become a mars colonist for full bail out of your loan.

ship go to space, your likeness is turned to CGI (and then they kill you )and then you die in an 'accident' if someone gets suspicious.

martian colonization is a tough gig.

It already has been colonized.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_Las_Estrellas

For two reasons.

1. The X-33 is still the most conventional concept for an SSTO space plane. The technologies required to make it viable are the technologies required to make the next generation of chemical rockets. If we want to have better access to LEO making something like the X-33 work is not optional.

2. Northrop Grumman continued to work on multi-lobe composite fuel tanks until they got them to work and universities have been developing working prototypes of aerospike rockets. We could probably build an X-33 that meets it's design goals right now.

It's kind of shady isn't it? It was an Israeli company too. If it was sabotage the list of parties with legitimate motivations is quite long. I'm guessing another aerospace company maybe?

Two words, operation paperclip.

Can he speed up the plan to next month?

This planets on a crash course.

I just colonized ur mum with 200 million sperm

that's 4 idiot

If I have 10 billions Australian dollars then I would divide them into 8 amounts to fund 8 space agencies for each state.

If you can get electricity, most issues can be solved.

This is what the niggers' ancestors said to those venturing out of Africa, and the Chinks' ancestors to those who wished to keep exploring with their huge ass fleet.

How does one solve problems by not solving problems? To get a space colony going you have to go to space.

Inb4 Mars becomes next Israel

Earth has too many uncontrollable golems and muds will outbreed them in matter of days.

Good luck surviving on Antarctica when the sun dies. Considering that civilization may collapse at any time, and it would take millenia to rebuild - if at all, considering we've strip mined most easily accessible reserves of high energy return fuel. If we have the ability to go to space, we have to go to space ASAP, to not let our chance at survival go to waste.

0g is perfectly livable in 2 simple steps:

Inb4 Gundam universe turns real.

Trump family colonizes space and creates a formidable army of spacenoids and this order will be called Deplorables.

Dropping few colonies in libshit states and Mid-east would do world a massive favor