Would you watch an anime adaption of Dune, and who do you think should direct it?

Would you watch an anime adaption of Dune, and who do you think should direct it?

I think Mamoru Oshii would do a great job.

Michael Bay

Yes I'd watch that.
The trainwreck of a movie was a lot of fun but sort of a disgrace.
It would be best to break it up with 2 movies for Dune and 1 movie for the life of Leto II.
Really want to see Paul's awakening as a Mentat handled well, and his Kwisatz Haderach powers.

Katsuhiro Otomo, but he and Oshii departed from making anime films because they thought they were stressful to do.

I think that it should be a french-japan collab

If it's in the style of animatrix and moebius.
Jodorowski
Fuck japs.

no.

The only good thing about that dumb bullshit was Giger's artwork.

Ghibli version pls.

This.
Otomo, Oshii, and Kenji Kamiyama are the only ones I would trust with bringing the material to film.

I wish the Dune film was better.

That was one big budget movie that needed a conclusion due to a bigger impossibility of getting a sequel.

Herbert's point was that Paul was a false messiah, a kiwsatz haderach accidentally born who exploited a bene gesserit legend they implanted among the fremen as insurance in case one of them ever got stranded there. Jodorowski wanted Paul to be an actual Christ figure who in death ascends to some kind of hive mind status, where all the Fremen spoke with his voice in unison.

There's no point calling it Dune if you completely fuck over the point of it, but Jodorowski was a pretentious fuck who wanted to 'improve' Dune to match his vision and use its name to get sci fo fans into the seat. Herbert hated Jodorowski and his film ideas and fought against it. The only good or interesting things are the giger's landscapes and designs, which would kind of fit with Dune.

i mean what were they thinking making blade runner sequel without vangelis

I hope if they do a dune anime it will be like attack on titan, the most epicest anime of them all

I don't care but I bet David Yates would make it good visually hes also the 4th highest grossing director of all time, fuck Villenueve

Too obvious.

Yeah, I'd watch it if the guy who did Akira directed it.

Nice projection, Villenueve can't direct worth a shit, Arrival was trash and Blade Runner will be too and so will Dune you redditor

I'm a few chapters into Dune:Messiah and I love how complex Paul and Alia are. Really good stuff from Herbert.

If someone wanted room to play around with their own story, I've always wanted to see Sardaukar earning the reputation they have by the time Dune starts.
Are Brian Herbert's books worth reading?

>>>/a/

Haven't read the books, but if they're pretentious garbage trying to seem "smart" with painfully obvious symbolism, then yeah, Oshii would be good for it.

JJ Abrams. Just so that we can then have an Abramsverse and have a Star Trek, Star Wars and Dune crossover.

are u 12, kid?

It should have been made in the 70s, a direct word for word scene for scene animated trilogy of the first 3 books by whatever gay frogs on LSD made this shit.

Dir: Satoshi Kon, had he lived.

Fucker.

No

Alexander Sokurov. He has written and directed a lot of fantastic kino with profound dialogue about the past and contemporary, now it's about time he directs something futuristic. I'd love to see Dune in an outlandish setting, yet very down to earth. I've seen Faust, and I think it was exceptional.

Aleksei German would do fine as well, but he's dead.

I wouldn't trust that zipper head to direct after that shit tier Cyborg 009 CG movie.

Would you watch a hentai adaptation of Dune, and would sandworms work fine as substitutes for tentacles?

Haven't seen Arrival and I think Brade Ranna will suck, but your attempted potterpill was awful.

Stop trying to turn Holla Forums into an actual board of discussion for films.
This is a shitposting board, for god's sake!

Most fans consider them vastly inferior.