Delete Hate Speech or Pay Up, Germany Tells Social Media Companies

web.archive.org/web/20170630192757/https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/30/business/germany-facebook-google-twitter.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_section_86a
dejure.org/gesetze/StGB/86a.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literally not giving a fuck about what happens in the Botnet. Germany was cuckland for hosting already anyway.

Bankrupting Facebook by shitposting?

The problem is not with "Hate Speech". The problem is that they don't want to make educated citizens who have critical thinking and who could spot hate speech.

Instead of fighting against the cause of hate speech they try to censor it.

Fucking stupid nazi german politicians who didn't get anything from history class.

That is why most controversial websites in Europe are hosted in USA, because Europe does not like free speech. I bet a woman is behind this reasoning though, they love destroying Europe.

thanks germany

Educated people make the worst subjects. It's much better to have a bunch of ignorant goyim you can easily control. Until then, you have to make do with suppressing the more outspoken ones.

Even if you don't care about the innocent Germans that didn't want a totalitarian state that polices your thoughts, these actions by the German state sets precedence for what other countries consider acceptable and reasonable censorship; if Germany can force faceberg/socturd to delete comments made by German cizitens, why can't our regime force faceberg into baleeting comments made by our citizens. And not only that, but we will end up with many feudal internets [sic] where one thing is permitted on one regional faceberg but removed from another.

This has already happened on JewTube where some videos are b& in certain countries, but permitted in other due to "hate speec". Vid related has a YouTube channel about rare and antique guns. He almost never talks about politics, but when he does it's the occasional dissaproval of strict gun laws; never anything else. Some of videos were still considered "hate speech" because he sported an uncesored Nazi Germany flag to quickly show his viewers that it was made in Germany between 1933 and 1945. It is NOT endorsement of the Third Reich, but only an accurate historical portrayal of the actual flag in use. Even Contrapoints (a genderqueer leftist YouTuber) had his anti-Nazi video removed from several countries because of "hate speech".

tl;dr: Stopping government censorship later will be much harder than stopping government censorship now.

By now, faceberg could be printing their own money. Maybe they should do that so they have a large campaing fund for Zuckerberg 2020.

>Fucking stupid nazi german politicians who didn't get anything from history class.

Oh nooooo that's terrible, that poor facebook.

wouldn't it be more cost effective to just ban germany from facebook, twitter, etc? If I were in charge of those sites, I'd just tell everyone they have 30 days before the service is no longer available in germany.

Not only would it be economical, but it would be lulzy as hell. And it would encourage German usage of VPNs thereby defeating the purpose of the bill.

(Pic related, shooting the messenger makes the internet more censorshit resistant.)

This affects Facebook users, not just Facebook the company.
But ha ha who cares about free speech for normies right only the speech of enlightened redpilled imageboard users such as myself needs to be free

I think someone just fed up with Facebook and this is the best idea they could come up with. I'm sure it is just another law from someone who doesn't know how the tech works and what are the consequences.

Is there any German government forum out there? Maybe a forum for the party who proposed the legislation? We should really organize a raid on one of their sites so they actually experience what type of manpower real moderation requires.

Of course not post any hate speech, just quote in all the Wikipedia articles in all languages which have the word "nazi" in them.

Facebook doesn't have users. It has useds.
t. rms

He's right.

Great, hopefully this means more Tor.

I'm skeptical of this. More censorship never means a really tighter grip of a regime, and right now these laws are in the full momentum of identitarian (left and right) movements across the West. Because pretty much everyone is fed up with these, censorship is having a much higher acceptation than before.
I think this is kind of like going down in a body of water: you're better off reaching the bottom and pushing your way out than trying to swim and float mid-water.
We will probably only be able to get rid of the Botnet once it has reached its final form.

I respectfully disagree. You're kind of fucked if the river is below a certain depth.

Pick one. Or better yet, fuck off. Or even better yet, kys.

What are you trying to say here? Facebook doesn't have free speech, so it's fine if it ends up having even less free speech?

oy vey! Think of the (((free speech))) and the poor (((facebook)))!

|
|>
|
|

>oy vey! Think of the (((free speech)))
Did you know that you can't just expect arbitrary permutations of memes to be meaningful

Free speech is a jewish invention, for once facebook is doing something good.

You fail right out of the gate by acknowledging Hate Speech as some well-defined, static concept that should be regulated at all.

Hate Speech is a subjective buzzword. Hate Speech rules/laws are selectively enforced. Generally, it is only an unprotected group (see: progressive stack) which gets punished by Hate Speech or Hate Crime rules/laws. The idea behind it is control language -> control thought -> control minds. Brainwashing in the schools and propaganda on the airwaves, that alone is not enough to stop people from saying and thinking things that whomever in power doesn't want them saying and thinking. This is where Hate Speech rules/laws come into play. You quite literally outlaw what those in power have deemed to be wrongthink. If you can't control it, ban it. If you can't refute it, ban it.

The concept itself should be laughable, but enough propaganda has convinced enough people that feelings-based rules/laws are necessary as though hurt feelings were equal to physical harm.

How many levels of COINTELPRO are you on?

I don't know, one or two my man.

Extremely underrated post. This would be THE solution. See german normalfags going apeshit because their beloved social network locks them out, than they can project their hatred against the politicians. Oh lawd, please let's meme this.

All social media should leave Germany and just leave a blank page with the statement - YOUR GOVERNMENT FORCED US TO LEAVE

or they could just delete (((hate speech))) and continue datamining.

Nigger swastikas are banned in germany no matter how you use them even for historic reasons. Didn't you ever hear about how wolvenstein had to remove all the swastikas to be able to sell the game in Goymany? I can't wait for your gay youtube celebs to go to Saudi-Arabia and start tongue kissing their boyfriends in public and then make videos about how surprised they are that they were arrested and received 500 lashes. Now that I'd watch.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_section_86a
not an argument

yeah that's definitely not an argument

dejure.org/gesetze/StGB/86a.html

What exactly is your argument? Why can't you just type it out? What's with the links? Are you datamining?

what is your argument?

My argument is well documented and verified. Now what's yours besides acting high and mighty and posting links because you're too retarded to write a paragraph?

your argument that you cant show swastikas even for historic reasons is wrong. you would know that if you would have read the wikipedia article (or the actual german law).
wolfenstein didn't have to remove the swastikas, they did it voluntarily.

I don't care. It's still common knowledge that Germany is cucked and your e-celebs would have known that if their knowledge was worth a piss.

kill yourself

I never said anything about being illegal. I just said swastikas were banned which they effectively are. You are moving the goalposts. I'd tell you to kill yourself but you already have no life since you are arguing about the legal details of a country like Germany where so many illegals have found their refuge. Clearly they apply the law they way they feel like it, not the way it was written.

neither did I
you said that are banned no matter how you use them which is wrong

Germans get triggered when they see swastikas, ok? That's the secret I didn't want to tell you. But you got me, I'll admit it now. When the average blue eyed blonde haired German sees a swastika it sends them into a bloody fit of rage and they'll start killing every jew in sight. That's the real reason why swastikas are banned in Germany: to protect innocent jewish lives. Surely that's worth more than a youtube video or a historically accurate goy-killing simulator?

yeah i know that. that isnt what the argument is about though.
you know you dont have to be a passive aggressive autist just because you lost an argument.

Dude I'm willing to meet you face to face and we can settle this like men. Nah just kidding legally you are right but fuck the law that's just some words written on a piece of paper. Germany is cucked and your e-celebs should have known that before finding out the hard way. But if it makes you feel better go ahead and pretend you were right about everything and at the end of the line we didn't agree that Germany is cucked and that's all there's to it. I mean we're clearly not wasting our time here and this thread is certainly improving with every post we make.

what the fuck are you on about? am i being trolled?

wow germany sounds like a bunch of nazis right now :^)

No, you then open up the possibility of having competence arise in there. Like baidu in china, etc.
It'd be good for the people, bad for facebook.

On a related note, I've now had my comments shadowbanned on my third YouTube account. That is, anything I post gets immediately shadowbanned no matter what it is. This time I didn't even use any "bad" words or talk about politics, and never posted any links. Still shadowbanned by an algorithm of unknown design and purpose.

The future of the web is so bright you need shades to look at it.

YouTube is botnet, so I'd suggest you'd stop going there in the first place.

Am I wrong in assuming Germany has no legal ability to fine foreign-based companies?

This seems like one of those situations where Germany is yelling and no-one listens (though small tech-startups based in Germany either get fucked over or move out).

Correct. Germany would fine Faceberg Germany instead of the burger branch. Since Faceberg makes shekels there they need a branch in Germany unless the two countries have some deal (which would allow them to fine the company anyway).
And you seem under the impression Faceberg is against censorship. They're not.

you were fine with DMCA existing, now we have the next level of retarded bullshit

Merkel needs to take up skydiving without a parachute.