Have you guys read killsixbilliondemons...

Have you guys read killsixbilliondemons, I looked at it a few times and really like some of the characters and back story for the whole thing but don't particularly care for the main character.
But if you want to look here.
killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/kill-six-billion-demons-chapter-1/

Looks interesting

I tried to give it a read a few months back but I had this nagging feeling that it was going to go all political any panel now, the entire time I was reading it. The feeling of paranoia was so strong I just couldn't get into the comic at all. I blame It Hurts!

I tried it and would have liked it, except the story went too long without giving someone the MC could actually trust, so I lost interest around the third betrayal in a row.

OY VEY.

Didn't they shoehorn in a tranny?

All webcomics with trannies are garbage.

are you sure thats political, just seems like a joke to me

the angel thing isn't a trannie at least I hope the author doesn't think so it's really good actually considering the esoteric aspect.
gender in the occult is a principle & energy that encompass things
like rough is masculine and smooth is feminine
the angel has been corrpted by feminine energy and is impure now.
or the author is retarded

Cio is best girl

It's one of those things I keep seeing people sing praises of, but I just can't be assed to slog past the first few pages. Saw the first TPB though, it's pretty damn small.

I was reading it a while ago and stopped during the first few pages of the airship. Something ticked that felt like I would be disappointed in the long run, and it definitely doesn't have to do with everyone on the MC's team being weird females.

i mean did you expect different? they had a whole scene about how the heir would kill them all and be followed by a white and black flame. considering who shes interacted with it was pretty damn obvious that the devil woman whose been trying to force herself onto the MC would be the black flame and the only angel in the whole comic not trying to kill her would be the white.

the writing on the wall was pretty clear.

i think you've got it right more or less.the angels dont rely on humanoid forms outside of there statue bodies and the ones that are humonoid seem purpose built like the spike guy that carries the wheel skeleton motorcycle around.

I actually completely forgot that that, it's more like that it feels completely predictable now due to how the MC developed and how much information was given away up to that point. I'm sure the story could steer around and surprise people, but I feel like it's already been written into a cliche hole thanks to the main party and their goals.

Eh

Started reading it a while back. Loved the great art. Loved the surreal world. Was put off by the DENSE lore and mythology aspect, especially because the author decided the best way to explain it was to attach short novels to some pages… Hated the permanent retarded expression on the MC's face.

Good back story, good art, bland mc. If nothing else can be used as inspiration

I can respect that the unfortunate part of any comic is after a while you can see were itstill headed barring some huge ass twist or decent enough turn of events.

The short story things? I read them only after I burned through the comic itself and to be honest it works. The story's tend to just be unimportant back ground on the world's lore. none so far have had any relation to the main. If instead the story's made there way into the comic they just be wordy filler that would only hinder an already slow to develop story.

You can ignore it completely and lose nothing. Alison's face is pretty retarded though.

I like how bland she is she's entirely human in that regard and that's part of why I think she'll become better. She's only been in God land for like a week and off that weekend she's only been conscious for like 3 days.

I read it every week. I've been enjoying it so far - great worldbuilding, lots of esoteric references, lore out the ass, interesting characters, decent story. I can see where people are coming from saying that the MC is bland but that's kind of the point - she's a boring normal girl dropped into this wild and weird world. I'm just hoping that the author follows through and starts developing her into someone incredible as she comes to grips with her powers and abilities.

Overall, 9/10 comic. Genuinely enjoying the fuck out of it and am looking forward to seeing where it goes over the next few years.

Good (possibly unintentional) Bane reference in today's strip. Interesting development as well.

I read this but I find it hard to relax around it.
I keep expecting to get yelled at for having a penis.

Never heard of it

The Birth Of A New Meme

JEJ.

Wih a title like that, I can only assume it's a soapbox. Am I right or wrong?

Sort of
Angels and Demons in the story's universe are really weird.
Angels are basically elementals contained in androgynous humanoid statues that are supposed to be completely separate from human concepts like gender but the main angel character has spent far too much time around humans and as a result has started to pick up human characteristics such as feminine body language and presumably a female sounding voice much to it's own annoyance.

Demons go through a bizarre life cycle depending on their power level which is determined by the amount of names they have and as they go through these various stages they switch between male and female bodies ( a extremely powerful male demon gets depowered and turns into a smaller female demon).
It's doesn't seem to be any kind of social justice thing so much as it is just worldbuilding to make the angels and demons seem more alien.

All right, that's pretty funny

-4STR

That's admitably a kinda neat concept.

Hope not

It looks neat.

Neat but a bit confusing.

I mean… Gods and angels etc. kinda should be confusing with how they're on a whole other plain of existence.

To bad there isnt a graph for this

There is, it's all on the main site though.

Oh never mind then

Started to read it just because I heard so much gushing about how it was the most wonderful amazing thing ever. Had this same reaction by the time I got to this part and gave up ready shortly afterward.

I mean, yeah, it's drawn by someone who knows how to draw and written by someone who knows how to do a lot of worldbuilding, but I never really cared that much about all the everything that was happening around the protagonist.

Same. I tried it. Uninterested in it all right off the bat.

I found when I was first reading it that it was just way too confusing and that I couldn't tell what the hell was going on or why I should care.
And then I realized, that is the point, you are supposed to be feeling the same way as the protagonist at the beginning, utterly confused in an alien world devoid of context, and right around the point you start getting you bearings in the plot is also when the character does.

Not a bad way to start but definitely a off puter

Perhaps, but while the protagonist is stuck there, a reader can get bored and leave at any time.