Using Tor on windows

Sad!

metrics.torproject.org/webstats-tb-platform.html

Other urls found in this thread:

metrics.torproject.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

under rock fag, what happened in may?

Probably a reaction to Darth Theresa proclaiming crumpetistan would ban all forms of strong encryption.

The NSA opened a new TOR data mining center.

If you're retarded enough to not spoof your user agent, then it doesn't matter which OS you use, privacy over the internet is not for you.

A new version of Tor Browser was released. Everyone downloaded it that day.

The majority of Tor relays are on Linux. The graph in OP is for Tor Browser users.

Wouldn't you use your own browser instead?

All Tor Browser users already have the same user agent. Don't go spoofing your user agent unless you want to stand out.

but tor's intended audience of pedoshits and druggos dont know how to set up their own browser

I just coded my own browser in Rust

Summer.

nice try NSA

the amount of stupidity here is amazing. the purpose of tor browser is to remove your fingerprint. if you use any other browser, it's trivial to correlate every request you make on the web to one identity. the purpose of tor is to have some basic privacy on the internet. why would you want everyone knowing it's you when you read some documents online? do you also give a list to thousands of people containing every book you've read in libraries? this has nothing to do with being "pedoshits and druggos".

using tor on windows is like using a condom when you already have aids

The timeline is healing itself.

Or using a tripcode for no fucking reason, amirite

that meme needs to die before more people get killed. It's not that hard to set-up a fucking gateway.

so if i'm using tor to fetch rss feeds i'm somehow less private?

kys

if you use the same feed fetcher over tor on 100 different feeds it will be pretty obvious it's you since only like 5 people do that, not to mention all your traffic from a single fetch probably goes through the same exit node

no. tor browser is a heavily modified fork of firefox to remove shit that makes you fingerprintable. Firecox, chrome, and every big browswer has an uncountable number of vulnerabilities as well. I'm not saying tor browser is any good, I'm just stating its purpose. Every browser right now is complete shit, except for Links, which if gets popular most of the vulns would be raked out because it's so small. What bullshit are you using for web browsing that isn't full of vulns?
kys

...aaaaand another nignog who thinks tor browser is just firefox with with preconfigured proxy settings

They literally keep metrics on all aspects of usage. It's an invasion of privacy.

metrics.torproject.org

Modern web browsers have more attack surface than any program in existence.. it's just Mozilla are way behind in sandboxing and mitigation.

i was using this on another bard, it accidentally fallowed me here

kys

How about you simply use different browsers to browse tor and the clearnet?
There will be a fingerprint but at the same time if this fingerprint never gets anywhere on the clearnet then there won't be anyway to tell it were you previously watching italian food on tor.

kek'd.

also saging this slide thread.

This isn't Holla Forums, you dumb nigger. What is there to "slide"?

Ignore him, it's probably killcen.

I dont want to pay for aids meds AND child support...

That the majority of Tor Browser Bundle downloads is for the Windows version is not surprising since so many computer users are still so foolishly using Windows.

There is hope here. The Windows users who care enough about privacy/freedom to download Tor are also more likely to understand why it would be prudent to ditch proprietary software altogether and switch to GNU/Linux or BSD.