Anyone else feel like this is Missed Potential: The Show?

Anyone else feel like this is Missed Potential: The Show?

He looks like a he-man OC.

That's how it is with almost everything these days.

Yep

How can a one joke concept be Missed Potential?

he looks like a generic barbarian.

From 80s cartoon

The entire show is supposed to be He-Man-esque, so it's no surprise. I wouldn't be surprised if the original pitch actually was for He-Man, but the studio rejected it

Makes you wonder why they didn't just make a sincere barbarian show. Try something a little different. Maybe run some ads on Game of Thrones, try to capitalize on that market. Lot cheaper to do ultra violence and sex with gravity defying tits in animation after all.

What I wonder is why no one has bothered to even attempt to compete with Fox's "Animation Domination" line-up. Despite popular belief, everyone is tired of The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad. It isn't funny. And, outside of MLP, Star Wars, and comic book adaptations, no one is making cartoons that people enjoy (No, I do not like SU, or Gumball, or the 20 other shows that Disney, Nick, and CN are ripping off of each other. Mighty Magiswords and T:RiD is up for debate, though.) All these companies have thousands of show ideas sent in every year. But, nope, we have to deal with the one joke comedy shows, or the shifting of popular film franchises being readapted to TV (Taken is even getting a prequel series), or the shows that have lasted for 5+ years constantly having every ounce of life squeezed out of them.

Now, I'd like to address the idiot who keeps on posting about "Why don't you just do it yourself?"…

Why don't you get off of your ass and stop supporting the Google empire first?

You go on about the whole "Doing it yourself crap?", but that comes off as a big joke when, en mass, people are still supporting a company who could give a rat's ass about whether or not you're doing something revolutionary. YouTube is a broken site! The entire way the site is setup is around making popular things more popular. And, all those complaints you hear about the site, they don't care because idiots will still go onto it the very next day, so they have no plans of ever addressing the issues.

So, before you start criticizing others about why they don't "Do it themselves", how about you actually have the balls to leave Google? I don't care if they pre-install it on every phone, change the settings and the apps the moment it comes into your possession. If you want another search engine, there's Bing, DuckDuckGo, and even f** Yahoo. You want a replacement for YouTube, how about Dailymotion, Vimeo, Vid.Me, Metacafe, and NicoNico.

they could at least have made EVERYTHING be live action
there's just no fucking reason to mix it

Novelty

It probably sounded better when they were stoned. And when they were stoned and pitched it.
But you can't just give a good idea to boring assholes and expect them to shit gold.
Executives always think the pitch is more important than the execution, but the bottom line is you gotta hire good talent and then have the guts to let it go wild, instead of sticking your finger up its ass or hiring little nothings and dipshits.

Hey comedy trumps action, sales wise.

So what's the basic story?

Gimmicks man.

Its fox they only care for comedy.

This

if anything it's one of those things where you see one screenshot and immediately know it's getting cancelled and will end up on internet lists of weird can't-believe-they-made-that tv shows like cop rock and heil honey i'm home.

Sad but true

Today actors don't like getting dirty. That is why Zorn and other animated characters are the only one with the slapstick jokes.

It's obvious it was greenlit only because of the Lego Movie/21 Jump Street guys' involvement

It's your typical sitcom set up. Disappeared dad shows up a decade later and tries to reconnect with his now teenage son. Only dad is totally out of touch and embarrassing. And the mom is getting remarried and fed up with the dad's bullshit. Now take that concept and make the deadbeat dad an eighties barbarian-type cartoon character straight out of Hannah Barbara while everyone else is live action.

Sad very sad

thats the template for each fox show now

No one in America wants a serious cartoon.

There's a huge crowd for it but (((certain people))) know it's easier to pander to the larger and louder crowd of people who want simple stupid shit.

Off the top of my head
>The fish out of water gimmick is tired and boring, especially when it's done exactly like this show did it

And this isn't specific to this show, but more as just a general rule

That's incorrect. Most cartoons airing now have huge young adult-adult audiences who watch specifically for the darker elements in cartoons. Back when I was a kid everybody watched DBZ, and that shit was pretty metal for a ten year old. It's not that there isn't a market, it's that studios don't want to invest the amount of resources it'd take to do a decent mature cartoon.

I guess Samurai Jack is coming back. When's that shit supposed to air?

Oh, just checked, I'm going to assume it's stuck in development hell since the team backed out of their initial release date super hard after announcing it.

FUCK

Never at this rate, the frogs animating it seem to be taking there time doing shit while not telling anybody. Also Genndy still has Hotel 3 to direct.

Apparently he finished SJ a long time ago

Yeah but wheres the new episodes?