Let's say you had enough money so that you could quit your job and do whatever you wanted to do

Let's say you had enough money so that you could quit your job and do whatever you wanted to do.

What tech-related lifestyle would you engage in?

Is there an organization that you would donate your time with such as the way back machine?

Would you contribute alot of time to a project such as IPFS?

No

I would watch Netflix and fuck traps all day

Alright. I'd buy up a bunch of media companies and political parties to essentially take over the government of Australia and make the fuckers stop being so goddamn stupid. Fixing the LNP's sabotage of the NBN and prosecuting those responsible would be high on the priority list.

I would set up a hardware lab. Along with basic tools such as various instruments I would buy all the machinery needed for silicon chip production. That includes mask aligner, dicing saw, wire bonder and all other materials needed to produce chips (wafers, chemicals, frames).
Another fun thing to do, given you had enough funds, would be to create small scale fusion reactor and mess around with that.
There are currently more people doing software, so the rational choice would be to focus on the hardware.

You need less than $10k for that.

train to be pro cyclist and buy fancy bikes n race em too.

fund various religious extremists groups across africa & the middle east just to see where the chips fell.

The destruction of all normalfaggots and their backdoored proprietary botnetware.

I would be an ISP
3 letter organization free

I would donate to free software projects and fund alternatives to proprietary software with no good free alternatives

Uhhhhhh, I would just buy a bunch of old computers from the 80's and use those all the time. Also I'd disconnect from Internet and go back to paper bank statements, and have a landline phone to call BBS, and probably even run a BBS. Also I'd have tons of books and software. Anything I write would just get uploaded to BBS as PD. Of course probably nobody would care about it now, except for a few other people. Well that's fine by me!

shitpost while slowly drinking myself to death, as apposed to what i do right now, drink while slowly shitposting myself to death.

I'd make my own foss isp.

I would open a ISP who only deals with fiber optic.
Every router would have to run libreCMC with a Gnunet node.
Of course the user can, if they want shutdown the node, but it's activated per default.

Has for myself I want an autonomous lab in the middle of the forest.
And teach to a small class of students (

rewrite Crysis in Rust with a libre license.

I would buy an old bunker and make it a 1337 hacker den by cramming it full with tech stuff because the internet is not going to keep itself around after the apocalypse hits.

The more sensible answer is that I'd put shekels and time into new and open source hardware like RISC-V

お前ソロスか?

I'd probably spend all day draw-fagging (with a brand new intuos) and trying to git gud at unreal engine, so I could make the games that I'd want to play.

I'd love to build huge GPU-Clusters, place them in my Basement, blow the fuck out of my electricmeter and spend all the Computing power to Stanford's [email protected]/* */ project. I already like to contribute, but electricity isn't cheap and hardware neither. If I were able to do that we would have found a cure for cancer 2 years ago. ;)

Good luck, goy

I'd port systemd to the BSDs, plan9, templeOS and the intel management engine.

holy fuck I miss the 90s

Giant subterranean recording studio