Nominate your favorite scifi, or scifi-fantasy related films, I will make a Holla Forumscore for scifi/ scifi-fantasy...

Nominate your favorite scifi, or scifi-fantasy related films, I will make a Holla Forumscore for scifi/ scifi-fantasy. Certain films get automatic representation, certain films will not be accepted.

If you know what films they are why not just make the list without any outwards suggestions? Also what are the films that won't be accepted?

A film like Equilibirum will not be accepted, meanwhile the Matrix is in all likelihood an automatic

I said in all likelihood, but do you really think anyone thought the Matrix was bad in the early 2000s before people had to start shitposting and acting high and mighty online. It certainly was pretty good

But a lot of people like Equilibrium too though.
What the fuck are you trying for here?

That objectively the matrix is good and the same can't be said for equilibirum it got panned lile Passengers which is shit. Now mixed reviews is one thing but its shit

I propose Nirvana (1997), a little known French-Italian cyberpunk movie, the kinoisseur's choice over Matrix. Great atmosphere, aesthetic as fuck, meanigful without pretension, holds up to this day.

The inclusion of the Laloux kinology is obligatory and needs no further explanation.

Blair Witch Project was received well when it first came out too. Should go on a list of Holla Forumscore horror. I like your thinking user.

It's Lucas' best film

Blair Witch was pretty cool. It was just before the internet was really a thing so everyone was going around like. Is it real??? Is it not real??? I just don't know! This is crazy! I remember I was a young teenager at the time and I live in Tennessee where the Bell witch legend is located. So a lot of people around here were talking about it.

Ill check it out user but films are so different there's nothing wrong with enoying both as I'm sure they do different things

Yea we should do a horror one make a thread

Was gomna include Episode IV only but we can include III too

Jokes aside I genuinely think BWP is a great horror film. Doesn't overexplain anything as many horror films tend to do these days, focuses on the characters and their confusion/dread, etc. I like it for its minimalism I guess. Similar reasons why I thought the VVITCH was enjoyable.

Not only is it Lucas' best film, it's the best film ever created.

Blame! On Netflix is fairly new but its really good. The Blame! Manga is really interesting as well. It would make a good anime series if anyone ever does that. The story is about as sci-fi as you can get.

Calm down George

galaxy quest
enemy mine
planet of the apes
back to the future (all of them)
terminator 1
blade runner
robot jox
event horizon

You have to admit. This was some top tier kino sci-fi. And it still holds up to this day.

pretty much everything up to the part with the aliens was great
a bit cringy at first though, but once his family disowns him shit gets real

>>>Holla Forums

maybe
maybe
yes
perhaps
yes
never heard of it
yes

yes and minority report because of based cruise
and jurassic park

Large Problem in Small Japan

It was the pinnacle of American culture.

Equilibrium was miles better than the Matrix. It's basically about SJWs destroying culture and the human spirit because it could cause conflict.

you dumb fuck those are robots

This is /meme/core but I love it.

those were robots tho

Zardoz. Penis bad, gun good.

gonna watch this tonight, first time in 15 years

Any films by Tarkovsky will not be accepted it's /reddit/core not Holla Forumscore

Ah. Didn't see you had Dark Star already. Good movie.

The video he posted was robots, but the ending was aliens.

Those things gave me horrible nightmares when I a kid.

I always wished there was more of this broad.

pandorum wasn't such a good movie it was just a good concept.

never seen it

actually according to the wiki they were robots from the far future
it just so happens that the movie didn't really mention anything like that so i assumed they were aliens, considering that all the robots so far looked nearly identical to humans

Kino Tier
Metropolis
Gattaca
Solaris
Brazil
Alphaville
2001: A Space Odyssey
Stalker
12 Monkeys

Classics Tier
Total Recall
Alien / Aliens / Alien 3
The Terminator
Blade Runner
Starship Troopers
Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Modern Classics Tier
Moon
District 9
Ex Machina
Edge of Tomorrow
Primer
Pandorum

Anything on the Kino list I would say definitely belongs on there, the rest is subjective but I personally enjoyed them.

John Carter
no

Dark Star
yes

Eden Log
never heard of it

Alien3
perhaps, I liked it

Andromeda strain
book seems much better no? subject matter just fits a book better

Pandorum is a no

I love cruise but edge of tomorrow was babbys first scifi it was all exposition. no edge of tomorrow and no pandorum, everything else I pretty much agree with

Yes

it's okay, will have to watch it again. i can remember the ending being a little bit of a let down clusterfuck but i don't remember why. something about his mother? was it something about time?

Why does everyone like this piece of shit so much?

A lot on this list I second. Most good ones have already been said.

Some of the Star Trek movies (no new ones of course) especially wrath of khan

Children of Men (for the visuals)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (No Keanu version)
Men in Black
Sleeper (Woody Allen)
Forbidden Planet

I wasn't overly impressed with BWP but watching any "found footage" horror flick from the past 15 years really puts it into perspective. It was a valiant effort at least.

Obviously:

STAR WARS

Have a personal dislike for the Matrix as it displaced two of my favourite sci-fi films. Virtual Nightmare (2000) was a made for TV film but in my opinion was better than The Matrix by a mile, it captures the depression of marketing excellently and doesn't rely on backflips to keep normalfags invested. Also eXistenZ (1999) came out the same year and is a far superior film about virtual reality, with a creepy dreamlike tone and biomechanical visuals So yeah, put that flick on there if you want, but consider this Kino too.

the movie did mention it you nit. there's a part where one of them says something like "he met the creators" or something.