Crypto currencys

have you invested user or are you missing out on your once in a lifetime chance?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointicker.co/coinbase/btc/usd/
bitcoincharts.com/charts/krakenUSD#rg90ztgSzbgBza1gSMAzm1g30za2gSMAzm2g90zi1gRSIzi2gAroonzi3gMomentumzi4gBBWzvzpszl
youtube.com/watch?v=HSfeCOiRfgA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nope. Missed my opportunity. I regret it now.

I'm going to kill myself soon so I don't care

stream link

kek

second this

I bought mine at 4$ per unit

invested 200€ and now it's about 650€. Pretty happy with that tbh

Wish I would've invested about 2k though
Especially since I even thought of that back then

how and how much does it cost?

Better off putting all your money in a chest and burying it deep in the wilderness where jews or niggers cant find it.

i have shekels to spend, am i too late to the party?

You can literally print out your bitcoin wallet, put it in a chest and burry in deep in the wilderness if you wish to do so. Have fun running the risk of losing it yourself instead of keeping it safely on a usb drive or a paper sheet

A tad too late, I would say. Just a bit.

You should maybe wait now. It might crash soon. It always crashes sooner or later anyways.
If it doesn't and stays steady then it's safer to buy

welp, you guys have a /board/ where i can stay up to date?

I turned a grand into 5 so im pretty happy rn

Too bad for them. i live in a rural area in which ive lived for the better part of my life in. Which means i know the entire forest behind me.

Also, putting it on usb would be stupid. Considering that the propability of NK EMPing the entire US is fairly high.

Considering how dead Holla Forums is I wouldn't really want to trust a board for updates.
Just check the price every day and look if it settles in or fluctuates. That's how I did it for about 2-3 weeks before investing and now.
For everything news related check the web

As far as I am concerned EMPs only affect connected and charged devices, also in case of an EMP my Bitcoin is probably still safer then money on the bank.
I'm not a US citizen though, so NK isn't really much of a worry for me

I wonder if the IRS comes after someone who all of the sudden just appears to have 5 grand in his bank account

bitcointicker.co/coinbase/btc/usd/
Its fun to watch in realtime.
I'm waiting for it to hit 20k so I can cash out, then get back in after it crashes down to 1k.

Another fun thing about it is all the butthurt from the alt-coin crowd. Apparently bitcoin taking off crushed everything else.

you people do know that you can open the debug console in core and let it spit out your private key?
You can then write down your private key or print it out on paper and no EMP can ever destroy it.
Even if Kim nukes the US, you can still travel to Mexico, buy a laptop, install core, insert your private keys and regain control of your keys.

It is flip flopping. One day money moves to alts, next day it moves back to BTC. I doubt that BTC would sink to 1K but a decrease of 80% is likely in case of a crash like 2013.

top cuck

I remember when it was at 25$, erryone called them buttcoins then. I regret not buying, I had a few k's to spare. Would have been worth as much as a house now.

Still not buying them though, it was about to crash then, and it's still.

I did buy when it was crashing from 30$ ATH to 2$. All the way down. Avg. price for me is 4$ per unit. I survived 2013 and I will survive the next market crash as well. Bitcoin is a pheonix. It comes back stronger after every downfall.

cuckchan's /biz/ is somewhat alive.

you don't know what you are talking about
other coins tend to shadow buttcoin
engage brain before activating keyboard
also,

watch the charts on bitcoincharts.com/charts/krakenUSD#rg90ztgSzbgBza1gSMAzm1g30za2gSMAzm2g90zi1gRSIzi2gAroonzi3gMomentumzi4gBBWzvzpszl
When the RSI is below 50, it means most people are selling at a loss so you're getting a discount. The RSI flips every 1-3 months, so just check back every so often.
Another option is to just buy the same amount in fiat every month. That's what I did, and it's been paying off for a long time.

As in setting aside X amount of shekels each month to buy bitcoins?

So wrap it in aluminum foil, faggot.

I only ever liked dogecoin tbh. Doge a cute!

quite making me sad bro….

Precisely. I got that recommendation from a bitcoin core developer a long time ago, implemented it for a year, and I woke up one day and had a lot more money than I put in due to consistent appreciation. I started buying around $250 to $500, so I've had a good run :^)
When I started, I split my purchases into four categories and just spent $20 per month on each, because that's the point at which the exchange I was using reduced their fees. I later combined that into a single large purchase and distributed it later, and now I'm buying a percentage of my income every month.
I spend 10% of my income on savings that I'll never sell except to pay for medical debt or retirement, or switching to another currency with better fundamental technology, and another 10% of my income on BTC that I use on p2p loan sites, and that I might sell in good market conditions (like the ones we have right now). Anything else is up to my discretion, but I think those are good categories and baselines.
To put this in perspective, you should only ever be spending 60% of your income on predictable bills, but you should be paying your bills every month. I got these numbers from Dave Ramsey, who does a talk show on how to get out of debt.
I only make $10,000 a year, which is officially under the poverty line, and I haven't set up any 401K plans or anything (I doubt my employer does matching anyway), so buying bitcoin is 100% of my long term savings.
I'm going to start putting a pittance into the S&P 500 (a bundle of stocks in the 500 largest companies in the USA) because it performs well, or even the best of all indicators, over time. This will pull money out of my bitcoin purchases, but that's just for diversification. The S&P has performed well compared to other funds I've looked at, but I bet that BTC will still perform much better than the stock market, and plus it's a commodity that I control myself. The S&P is just in case BTC goes to zero.
Also, rather than worrying about indicators, I just assume the price will rise and buy monthly. If I see a good break in the future then I'll just pull 1-3 months of planned spending into one moment.

Thanks for elaborating user

a

bitcoin

Where can I purchase coins?
Can I purchase only a small fraction of a coin or do I have to purchase a whole coin? I'm hoping I can buy like 1% of a coin a month and have its value rise over time.

bitcoin miner

Doesn't it take a whole shit ton of hardware to mine anything that would even be worth the effort at this point though?

Mining bitcoin with typical home equipment isn't worth it anymore. You can buy it at any crypto exchanger…poloniex, kraken, coinbase, bittrex..just to name a few. You can buy as little as you want.

While I would hold off on purchases for now, as the smart money will be selling to take profits, and will be doing so at equal or faster rates than people like you are buying, here are some sites:
Coinbase.com is good for beginners, kraken.com is good if you know what you're doing

i don't know man, i just put two words i hear these fags throw around a lot.

I forgot:
If you want pure information, try sites like bitcoin.it, weusecoins.com, or bitco.in
bitcointalk.org and reddit.com/r/Bitcoin are also good sources, but they had rumors of censorship a while ago. The incentives for censorship seemed to line up, but I never really investigated it.

coinbase
smallest purchase is $1.99 with a .99cent transaction fee.
Pay attention to your buying price and selling price versus the actual coin value.
Watch the market to get an idea of where the price is going. Catching a big dip is the best buy in (obviously). It can be pretty fun if your only using a couple of dollars to mess around.
The more you put in will start messing with your psychology so view it as a poker game.

youtube.com/watch?v=HSfeCOiRfgA

this video helped me a lot

Too bad its illegal here.

You're going to let that stop you? Get a VPN and do it anyway.

I missed out, and I'm too poor to get into the game now.

I considered trying BitCoinGold till I found out it was a scam. DodgeCoin is a joke

I told myself that when it hit $10, and again when it hit $50, and again at $500, and again at $1000. I finally bought at 9k and the next week it shot up to 17k.

It's never too late.

I don't have a savings account, and I have $13 plus some change in checking. How do I get started user?

Props for honesty.

Yeah if I had enough money to pay for the equipment and pay for the electricity needed to mine crypto, I'd probably just buy some instead.

Im a poorfag. I break my back 14 hrs a day till my hands bleed just to make ends meet. Wish I could afford to buy in. Yet another regret to add to the pile

I support /bitc/.

Is Blockchain Wallet + Blockfolio a good start?
Is Andreas Antonopoulos legit?

TBH you guys need to buy IOTA. Big network and wallet upgrades coming this month that are going to rocket it.

I farmed 5 bitcoins back in the day, and threw away the hard drive later

How can we tell it's a good one? There is always something new, like Bitbean.
They say it will be great. I don't see it.
What is your xp with iota? Do you have any screenshots of showing success with it?

a britbong mined 7500 and then his gf threw away his HDD when they broke up. Retard obviously did not have any backup.

what's a program that does this but for PC. i don't own a phone

No idea, I just use my phone because the UI is quick and easy.

Tried Bitfinex. What a pain in the butt.. doesn't let me buy with real moneys unless I do an anti terrorist background check. Wants me to only buy with buttcoins + needs to set up 15 security steps…

I was 15 at the time when I heard about buttcoin back on halfchan. If I had a disposable income and a bank account at 15 I would've dropped some money on it.

Is bitcoin the only one worth gambling on?

If you have a smartphone coinbase has an app

obviously the fees are higher but coinbase/gdax is one of the larger exchanges and you pay for the convience. i've made over two thousand dollars since mid nov

this is the wrong attitude to have. i bought very recently and i may not be a millionaire but it's a giant return on investment

disagree. it already "crashed" at about 13.7k and has done so multiple times in the past but nobody cared because it wasn't worth a thousands of dollars

according to wikipedia? um… anything below $9,325 should be taxed 10% just like basic income. sounds about right

pepecoin

Since people here are opening "Bitcoin stores" next to grocery stores and old people are taking their life savings and putting it into, I would rather not.

electroneum will kick the fuck off
don't cry to me when you don't invest

Is it true it is now before Christmas or never?
How much do I put? I am thinking $200 on bits and $200 on iota.
Should I go all out and put $500 or more? I am scare…

Blockchain.info is an excellent block explorer, and it's where I made my first bitcoin wallet.
As I recall, their wallet has more features than places like coinbase. However, I'd recommend to use it for testing only. There have been security problems at blockchain: coindesk.com/good-samaritan-blockchain-hacker-returned-255-btc-speaks
Permanent storage is better done with software that runs on your PC, like Armory, Electrum, or even bitcoin core (though that's a bit slow and heavy). Having software on your computer allows you to keep a backup of your bitcoins that is much easier to restore in an emergency, since many people can have working installations while there is only one blockchain.info or coinbase.

I haven't heard of blockfolio. I don't trade between cryptocurrencies since I'll only buy POW coins, and I haven't seen any with good enough features to trade out. It has charts, so I'll look at it and see what features it has (good charting software with indicators is hard to find for free) but I generally avoid phone software in favor of wallets on a PC.

Yes, Andreas Antonopoulos is legit. I haven't actually heard about him for years, but he's the person who recommended the dollar-cost averaging strategy that has worked so well for me. Having had that help from him and having heard little about his person since then, I have no reason to doubt his intentions. However, he was the chief security officer at blockchain.info from january 2014 to september 2014, and the blockchain hack was apparently possible since at least december of 2013. That seems like a major failure to me.
I absolutely don't want to call Andreas' character into question though. I haven't heard anything negative about him from any other source.

As in all financial decisions, decide if this is really what you want to do, and do so over a couple of days. Only take financial advice from a government-approved source.
Abraham was 80 when he left his parents' estate to go out on his own. There's always time as long as you can wait 3 days.

If you still want to buy, I recommend coinbase.com
If you buy at least $10.07 and have extra change in your account you'll avoid the minimum $0.15 fee. You'd be charged $10.07 + $10.07 * 1.49% = $10.23
The fee list is here: support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2109597-buy-sell-bank-transfer-fees

@^gb2&#@yt7!;/G@t*(@ygnms@*(YHgjNMZ

Not really. Threw in a few hundred while it was still under 10k, so considering its new low seems to be 15-16k, I'll make a couple hundred bucks. Investing any significant sum now is not only not worth it, but you can bet your ass most people are holding on waiting for it to break the 20k bar.