esjaybe.wordpress.com/2013/07/15/zizeks-response-to-chomsky/
Chomsky on Zizek on Chomsky on Zizek
chomsky.info/20130721/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yccBBzSHFAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

haha. no.

Who?

Zizek is clear and gives concrete examples to further elucidate his subject at hand. Agree or disagree with Zizek, but if you don't understand him it's probably your fault.

Worth noting is that Chomsky is a statist syndicalist, not an anarchist.

(vid not related, it's just to ease your nerves)

Holy shit are you serious?
youtu.be/yccBBzSHFAM

We need to go deeper

This must be bait.

I'm pretty sure that he's talking about Chávez.

PHILOSOPHER FIGHTTTTTTTT

I unironically like both.
One gives hard hitting analysis about how state and capital functions in contemporary American society. The other does philosophy and psychoanalytical stuff *sniff* and so on.

Both are very valuable assets but they clash because they have vastly different approaches. This petty shit disappoints me.

Read manufacturing consent

This. You'd think scholars of this (supposed) caliber would forgo rhetoric building in favor of theory/facts.
That said, at least Zizek utilized the occurrence.

There was a gif I found a few years back of the Chomsky/Foucault debate that subtitled Foucault saying "shut the fuck up, Chomsky"

I wish I had it right now.

>>>/out/

This

Aside from his numerous physical tics and his tendency to digress he always elaborates on what he means (time permitting). He's not concise but he gives concrete and clear examples of what he's talking about in his talks.

I'm not going to fault the guy for having ticks which he obviously can't control, but his presentations just seem so empty to me. So much of his talks are just dirty jokes with occasional arguments and even then he can't give an argument for an extended period of time.

Im also tired of his exaggerations and habit of flipping phrases. It's a lazy way to make it look like you're doing deep thinking, while not actually doing it. If I handed in a paper to my professor with the phrase: "the problem with Hitler was that he was not violent enough". I'd get laughed out of the class and probably be put on some sort of probation by my dean.

Jesus christ at least read anything he wrote, before trying to sound smart.

tip

I read how to read Lacan and First as Tragedy. Sorry I don't have the time to read the 20 plus books he'll put out this year. Not sure why his talks are irrelevant for that matter