32 gpu miner rig anyone?

32 gpu miner rig anyone?

I'm thinking 4x 16x on the mother board and 28x integrated pcie 1x with the usb risers. Optimal 1 card risers or 7 card back-planes.

I have access to an smt production line, + wave solderer what would it take to actually do this? It's all tinker toys right? How would I get a hold of reference designs?

Figure if I can get a schematic cooked up then I can personally fund a couple prototypes then shill it on kick-starter or indigogo or whatever.

anandtech.com/show/11551/amds-future-in-servers-new-7000-series-cpus-launched-and-epyc-analysis/2

Buy a normal computer and some actual stocks

We already have a thread for this bullshit

That card in your link has only 13 pcie slots.

I agree, every possibility deserves it's own thread.

32 slots is a half metre wide motherboard you retard, it won't work

It is impossible to answer your question without knowing what you want to mine.
If you want to mine bitcoin then you need to get application-specific integrated circuits (ASIC) or electricity you spend mining would cost more than you get paid for mining coins.

You misunderstand. Only four of the pcie slots will be present on the motherboard in pcie form, the rest would be present as usb ports carrying pcie 1x signals instead of usb signals. Risers or additional back-planes would be plugged into the usb 3.x cables to convert them back to pcie format.

I had 4KW of mining hardware (lol free power) years ago and it took like a year to get 1BTC.

fiat is botnet

was a set of used ASICs, no GPU

I could make good money at 1 btc for 4kw*24h*365 = 35040 * $0.038/kwh (my power rate)

$1331.52 in power -> $2719.78 in bitcoin

But regardless there are coins that are specifically engineered to not run well on asic and devs saying they will update the code base to thwart any asic that gets too big. They want gpu based coins because it means a more distributed group securing the block chain which is perceived as being more secure.

got access to a SGI Altix server with a lot of GPUs running WindowsServer '12, it does gets the serious computation job done and works about less than hour every day usually. I wonder how many bitcoins it did generate so far, since a few months but I think it would at least pay its own power bill.
in fact; these machines converts just the price you pay your electricity into BTC at best, depends where you live.
otherwise, yeah.

Don't mine btc on a gpu man, there are coins that give you 200x more when mining gpu than btc would give. Btc is solely in the domain of asic now, even fpga cant compete.

I get $800~ a month on this bad boy.

Etherium.

Such as?

how to mine etherium?

physically mining for copper is worth more

Mine the powerlines, you'll even get some free electrons

Hush zcash zencash diamond komodo, these are all coins that could get you ~$10/day per 280x

You could get ~$4-5/day per 480 with musicoin, ethereum, nicehash, qbiq, or ethereum classic

Cost of power at $0.12/kwh is only like 1/10th your gross income.

The cards get 100% roi in like 1-3 months.

what about sifting for gold? metal detecting?

How about a solar powered rover to comb the outback for gold.