Pale Moon

Do any of you guys use Pale Moon at all? I've seen some talking about it a little in a few past threads but there weren't too many opinions I could find. I've been using it for the past few weeks and it honestly feels slower than most browsers on my machine (even Firefox). Resizing the window while watching a YouTube video takes a full fucking second while the whole thing freezes.

Any advice on how to use this thing properly or if it's even worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

addons.palemoon.org/addon/moon-tester-tool/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no. Firefox is still the superior browser.

I use it. It's ok, I've used worse and I've used better. Pale meme isn't too bad if you can get the adons you need for it. all in all I give it a 6.5/10 which is more than I can say for most other browsers. I don't know how much longer I'm going to use it the way things are headed though. Maybe I'll commit to a text browser or just go all in with the botnet and use google chrome.

I tried out uzbi and it was a nice blend aside from missing a few features. All in all browsers are pretty terrible these days. I might give firefox another try but I used it for a few years and got tired of all the bullshit.

Just use your native video player for that shit if you need to.
Most media players have streaming capabilities these days, why have that bloat in your browser?

Same here. It could be a bit faster, but it is cancer free and that's all I care about atm.

What do you think a browser is for?

not shitty javascript

use the 32 bit build obviously

Feel better user, at least you're not using Opera

I've just been hit with an updated Firefox where it switched to a newer GTK+ and it's also being a tremendous memory hogging piece of shit like Chromium used to be. Friend suggested Pale Moon, how is it on Linux?

Mind, since the only sites I really browse are 8ch and *boorus, I'm almost considering going even lighter for 95% of sites, with Chromium as a back-up for any sites that need it.

AWhy it behave the way it does? Why when i open youtube viedo in a new tab (didnt selected it yet) viedo starts playing in background, while option "dont load tabs until selected" are on?

Eh, I've started using seamonkey, hasn't crashed, can play kiketube, can do work in it.

I've tried uzbl and qute, both of them when encountering an attempt at javascript would rather commit suicide than read it. The browser gets the sensitivity of tumblr and decides to kill itself
Btw, get a terminal browser, if alls you browse is imageboards and don't want ads/javascript fucking up your life use something like links or w3m and live to that true unix autism. Chrome is cancer.

Seconding seamonkey.
Firefox is hellish on my machines, too slow. Pale moon is like 5% better, not worth the effort.

Seamonkey works great, has all the add-ons I need, and customizing it's UI is pretty straightfoward, if you have a specific look in mind and don't want to tinker a lot for it.

I can't understand how it manages to be so much faster and better than firefox, since they say on their site that it is pretty much the same thing.

The only reason I started using it is I setup the system and pale moon wouldn't compile right, being lazy and tired I said fuck it and went for seamonkey. Seamonkey compiled, iirc it also had less shit to install.
As for how I imagine its because firefox has gotten on this fucking hype train of sleek and pretty that chrome has put out, which if they had it look like min(pretty/javawhore/crap) would be justifiable. But alls they've seem to do is make it look just as fat as netscape and run slower than chrome. Although to be fair, if someone had theme to make seamonkey look like min I'd download it.

Answer me this; why are you using a privacy focused browser if you're just going to be using the worst botnets on the internet with it?

music
embedded links
entertainment
if you're not able to play youtube everything else(dailymotion, vid.me stream sites) sure as fuck don't work.
personally I hate google for making the world deepthroat html5 and taking actual measures to block things not in their ok list from using youtube.

download binaries from official site

I really don't think it's worth it anymore. The thing used to be alright when it was just a parallel branch with some customizations. Once I dropped it, I realized how much behind it had gotten. Even standard FF builds ran much better.

Maybe they've caught up again, but I seriously doubt it.

Please quit using words wrong. I know this is Holla Forums and spewing botnet at everything is a meme but that doesn't excuse using words wrong. Granted that,

Use indirect ways to just download YT videos without using their website directly.

your mom was a botnet

I fucked ur botnet m7

OP here. I eventually just installed Iridium because I was getting sick of PM. I briefly tried water fox and realized it starts up slower than PM... Iridium starts up in like 2 seconds or less. I'm pretty disappointed there's really not much better, but at least this is pretty okay.

I'm also trying out SeaMonkey and it's actually kind of nice, though I wish it had a tree style tabs addon.

Yes. It's the greatest browser I've ever used till now. The thing that I love most is it is simple and lightweight compared to other modern browsers like SJWfox or botnets (Jewgle). I do not know why you are having problem with youtube, but I do not have any problem with that or any other website for the matter. Then again I do not resize or use a tiling WM.

I use palememe because it's faster than Firefux. For starters, firefux last time I checked took 10-20 seconds to start, while palememe "only" takes 2. And palememe's GUI is less pretensiously slow than whatever last 10 bullshits Firefug rolled out.
HAHAHAHAHA

maybe superior in the way kraft dinner is superior to mcdonalds or the other way around

btw it takes a full fucking 10 seconds to view the source of a web page for me in palememe. firefux isn't comparable anymore since they changed to a web based source viewer which has all kinds of different problems

The thing is, no other browser was that slow resizing on a YouTube video. Not even Firefox which also has the UI and the browser in the same thread (I think?). Chromium based ones since they're huge multi process monsters at least keep this aspect smooth/instant.

Works on my machine.

I have Pale Moon open with 5 tabs open with mostly text within it, nothing intensive. It takes up 12%+ of CPU on my Core i7. That's a full thread on a core dedicated to process nothing.

Firefox had 20+ tabs open, several to YouTube. Only takes up 4% CPU.

Pale Moon is shit at what it does.

I'll never forgive that furry that he broke pretty much all my add-ons when he went full autism mode and departed too far from Firefox.

are you even trying?

I don't, because it's GTKrap just like Firefox.

displaying web pages
multimedia, messaging, or god forbid, even building "apps" with an entire browser behind them (Electron) is everything wrong with today's software world

Went ahead and tried it and holy shit, it's like I jumped back a few dozen versions. It is however using significantly less memory and has all the features I care about so we'll see how it goes.

So about the entirety of the modern internet?

I started using it when FF chromed up its interface like a bitch. It's alright, works fine for me, rarely doesn't work. I'll still use FF when PM doesn't work with a website or to use the DownloadHelper addon that I couldn't get working on PM.

It's dead m8, I'm just waiting for netsurf to mature a bit before switching.

Install DownloadHelper using this:
addons.palemoon.org/addon/moon-tester-tool/

In NSA/Windows, yes. But, in linux it can easily handle more tabs than firefox, opens and closes faster and takes less memory or CPU.

fuck off with your WEBextensions.

This. FurryMoon is my daily driver and has been for a good while now. At the least since the announcement by Cuckzilla that SJWFox was abandoning it's hacker roots in favor of bending over fully for Google.

It's fast enough for almost all my needs, and I have every single add-on (or fork) I care about available in it. If I ever really need access to a site that doesn't work easily in my fairly locked-down setup w/ PM, I just use Chromium for a bit.

One day when I grow up I might try becoming comfortable with a text browser like elinks but can't seem to stay motivated enough atp to get over the hump and fall back into my GUI ways.

I'd like to switch to Pale Moon full time but I'm having difficulty migrating some of my add-ons/their settings. In particular, moving my custom filters from Adblock Plus and Noscript to their alternatives on Pale Moon. Anyone have any tips?

Ublock and umatrix.

this. except videos are fine, if used properly. for example if you are doing science you might want to embed 5 short clips in your page between paragraphs. Basically as long as you don't see a red box with a white ":/" in it, (which is 0.0001% of on the internet), then it's a valid use.

Wikipedia doesn't need JS. This site doesn't need JS. I have about 3000 wikipedia pages saved. I have 0 things that require JS saved, as they have no value.

If the only issue was slow resizing of videos, holy fuck I'd take such a browser in a minute over any of the current offerings.

They both run like dog shit to me. However Firecuck is a fucking crazy terrorist and threatens to fuck me over with the daily

Yes, the only out of the box negatives is that garbage-tier ecosia search engine and that terrible start page

but you set up anonymous search and a blank homepage as soon as you install the browser, don't you anons?

I use Palemoon for my general browsing and Opera for my Youtube and shit. Opera does seem quicker than palemoon, but palemoon loads up faster so that's why I use it as my default browser.

The problem is migrating my filters, not finding replacement alternatives.

uBlock Origin uses same syntax of filter as adblock plus. Noscript and umatrix are opposite in functionality. So many lines will not translate to umatrix. Whatever site you block in Noscript, just block them in umatrix.