Are there any spiderman alternate universe one-shots where it's aunt May who died, and not uncle Ben?

Are there any spiderman alternate universe one-shots where it's aunt May who died, and not uncle Ben?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/19/article-2116927-006EF80700000258-764_964x657.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think there's one where aunt may dies and peter becomes either a movie star or a Tony Stark type in the animated series.

So basically, Aunt May is a bad influence who's responsible for Peter wasting his life?

Ha!

Well she is a woman.

What If?! Vol 1, #46

I honestly can't tell you how it ends. On the plus side, Peter stops being a fag, but on the flip side, Ben wears the spider-pants in the family and Peter just does what he tell him to do instead of growing up.

That's a pretty interesting premise all things considered. And like more interesting than the vast majority of retellings or alternate universes.

Thanks

No problem. I've got that issue somewhere here in one of my boxes.

We ought to storytime this sometime.
It sank without a trace when it came out, but I think it's a whole lot funnier in retrospect.

Does anyone have it?

Okay so storytime when? I really want to tread this one. The cover looks like Sergio Aragones was hired to draw Spiderman.

It's Peter Bagge, who was a huge deal in the 90's indie scene, back when the only comics you were allowed to like were Hate and Eightball.

The whole story was Bagge's statement on Ayn Rand Objectivism, which has always been a topical subject for Spider-Man since Steve Ditko went full Randroid.
60's Peter reads an Ayn Rand book and decides to live his life according to Ayn's Egoist philosophy…

Kind of comparable to those Fred Hembeck epics like Fred Hembeck Destroys The Marvel Universe.

Hot damn. So, basically, Ben has none of his shit, and sorts everything out for him. On one hand, this makes Peter out to be one weak fucking sister, but damn if it doesn't flesh out the rice man in ways I'd never imagined before.

It really makes you wonder how Ben would fix even more of his retarded decisions, in this timeline.

I mean, if he caught the up on his Spiderman act, and managed to fix his shit, then you've got to wonder what he'd do, if he caught up on him trying to dump some sentient alien bioweapon, like it's some dumb broad off his high school.

Okey doke, I managed to find a copy online, and I saved all the pages to a different folder to upload them here.

Eh, it kind of fucked him immediately but yeah, that what happened. Jameson realized he has his very own Superhero on his payroll.

I'm going to wait until the other user>>763829
finish his storytime before I post Uncle Ben and Peter Parker alternate history.

It's a doozy.

Never mind. He's posting in another thread.

Let's do this shit.

And we're done.

Interesting to see Ron Frenz doing a Ditko riff. I grew up with his pseudo-Kirby style on Thor and Superman.
That's one of the more creditable Ditko impersonations I've seen, up there with Erik Larsen when he's paying attention.

Wow didn't know Uncle Ben had balls like that. Normally when I think of him its as this kind elderly old man. He doesn't take shit and straightens Peter's life out.

To be fair that's the most sequential pages he's ever had before.

Do you think it's a bit too much? I mean in the movies Uncle Ben is still this mellow old guy with old view of the world. I don't know much about the comic version since most of his appearance is six feet under.

Margaret Thatcher??
i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/19/article-2116927-006EF80700000258-764_964x657.jpg

He slept through her death.

…To be fair, He did just loose his wife. That would shake a husband to the core. He blames himself as much as Peter blames himself.

Fuck, Back when J. Micheal what's his face was writing Spider-man and had that issue where May confronted Peter, she blamed herself.

Single "mother" household creates a mentally damaged criminal.

Art imitates life.

That's without a doubt my favorite what-if.

Now that was out of thi world

I just love that the cop doesn't give a shit and he's like "Oh hey Galactus" and "Ahaha good ol' Galactus did it again."

Honestly this is really satisfying for some reason.

Best What If…? ever.

Are there any other ridiculously silly "What if"s like this?

Bumping to find out more

What happened with the last page? Also square jawed aunt May is pretty hilarious design.

I don't know. I'm taking these from this torrent:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6d5f80d867e93396b95b7ce393a33b1aeb053e05&dn=Marvel+Comics+-+What+If%3F&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

Wasn't he some D-List Spiderman villain or something?

stupid shit like this is why capecomics are garbage.

It seems to run in the family. Then again, survivor's guilt like that is probably pretty common. At the very least it's like, half of superhero backstories.

Kinda interesting; Peter Parker, a teenager, loses his father to a criminal and devotes what little spare time he has to stopping as much crime as possible. Bruce Wayne, a child, loses his parents and grows up to devote his life to becoming a terror to criminals. Frank Castle, a grown man, loses his family to criminals and devotes his life to killing as many criminals as possible. They basically get frozen mentally by tragedy.

I wouldn't say Peter Parker is "frozen" by tragedy. He's one of the few heroes who actually manages to have a life outside of superheroing, unlike most capes.

Excuse me, Peter Parker is a neurotic, masochistic, compulsive mess. He has the genius to create web-shooters and polymers that can catch a helicopter, spider-tracers that interact directly with his spider-sense, instant armour that he applies as a spray, any of the patents for would make him a millionaire, and which he created with basically a home chemistry set and the stuff under his kitchen sink.

And what does he do to support himself? He works freelance, photographing himself fighting crime and selling the pictures to the ONE asshole who he KNOWS will make him out to be a criminal.

He's had offers to work as a scientist, Tony Stark and Hank Pym have both expressed amazement at his inventions, but he'd rather be an underpaid buttmonkey. He's even had offers from other newspapers but he keeps going back to the Bugle.

Does that sound like the lifestyle of a mentally and emotionally healthy man? As for having a life outside of Spider-Man… How long has it been since we saw him hang out with normals like Flash, Norman, and Gwen? They're all either dead, crazy, super-villains, or super-heroes. Does he have any friends outside of work and Spider-Man now? Even when he was married he only seemed to get dragged along to places by MJ so he could look uncomfortable then dump her to go fight Dr. Octopus or the Rhino.

Does he even get to go to science exhibits anymore? I mean ones that aren't attacked by villains or give random people origins who then beat him up.

Humility isn't a sign of mental or emotional instability.

Shounen would be better with it, and you know it.

Now that we've answered that question, did they do one where both Aunt May and Uncle Ben died?

Obviously Peter Peter either goes too far, an anti-hero or even a villain

It annoys me when Spiderman is portrayed he always works at the Daily Bugle. That was a side job just to make money for him. He did drop it eventually and became a science teacher.

Why are you even complaining about this one? The good thing about working with the Bugle is that it usually good device to move the plot forward. It's not just about Jonah being an asshole toward Spiderman but more about gathering more information for Peter. It's not like he got eyes all over New York.

Also alot of good things came from Jonah part. Sure he hate Spidey so much but sometimes his opinion on Spidey made Peter stop and think about what he need to do to keep his profile down or help to fix his reputation. Also Jonah is a good opposite of DC's Perry White. While Perry made glowing articles about those superheroes Jonah reflect Marvel's normalfags, a bunch of suspicious people that hate superpowered people (especially mutants).

Also his movie version is played by JK Simmons. The guy who's #1 talent is to act as complete asshole.

Peter is adopted as Johan's son and after a few wacky hijinks become a crime fighting duo.

Jonah reflect Marvel's normalfags, a bunch of suspicious people that hate superpowered people (especially mutants).

Isn't the Bugle one of the few Newspapers places that actually give Muties a fair shake?