I'm getting sick of this anonymous posting formaIt's taking its toll on me

I'm getting sick of this anonymous posting formaIt's taking its toll on me.
You don't get to know anyone, just their collective talking points and memes.
You're not a person and neither is anyone else. Everything is shared.

The same probably goes for any popular kind of major social media.
But this is the last alternative left? A place deliberately designed to be impersonal even when so sparse?
I miss my old internet pals and our inside jokes. Everyone is just insignificant and the same now.
All the social trends are larger than life, all the people are cookie cutter memes, nobody does anything.

I bet a lot of you fags know nothing else but this shit.
Fuck this garbage internet.

real life > imageboards
go walk around the city, you will meet people who have never heard of Holla Forums who are better at being Holla Forumstards than those that do. more interesting interactions

Wow care to explain

good 1 user

Honestly the internet just like life is what you make ithere are a lot of cool sites out there, but I get the feeling your kind of a shithead so Im not sharing

your loss

m8 just go see what you get into, it is more thrilling/engaging/interesting most of the time. you will meet people who can actually offer you personability, connections, and things that this place cant afford to give you

You're right, real life is more natural, and I'm good at making people laugh. I don't know why Holla Forums should matter , none of you people are special or anything right o.0
Try-hards who fail? Safe space for losers?

I walked around all over the place. It's just fields, stores, and suburbia. This was easier in highschool.

i was specifically thinking a city setting . do you live close to one? find an eventx a coffee shop, book store, or something to use as an excuse to go down and walk around/talk tovpeople. i live in a shitty part of town but not full blown bottomfeeder ghetto, so i run into a bunch of characters, always see/get into something unexpected

I see what you mean. Seems too out of the way from where I live now. Maybe if I ever end up in a big city.

Until then the only characters are upstanding citizens and ilies looking to mind their own business.

anonimity is important because Ego clouds your judgemen Having your name attached to what you say makes you less likely to learn new things and change your mind. People who are controlled by their ego strive for consistency. A psychological tendency towards consistency sets you up to resist learning and evolving into more correct or nuanced positions.

Ego-posting clouds the judgement of others. Instead of considering the validity of the contents of your comment, users will bias their reaction to your posts saged on past posts. Good comments will be unduly overlooked because of bad reputations, and bad comments will be unduly exalted because of good reputations.

The idea that online reputation raises the quality of discourse is an idea that has been explored by many. shitspace, shitbook, IRC, independent web forums, shitter, shitddit, shitcker news, shitdo Do you know what all of these have in common? None of them provide analysis better than anonymous imageboards.

if you want to use accounts because you believe it will protect shills from hiding behind anonimity, then that is a false premise. psuedoanonymity in the form of online handles has NEVER stopped paid shills and enemy infiltrators.

also, why do you think shills attack anonymous image boards with such a fevered rage? because anonymous image boards are where good real discussion and freedom of speech occur. freedom to speak and tell the truth is what liars and manipulators fear the most, because they fear losing their power and control.

If you disagree, there is no shortage of web forums more to your liking, so why don't you shills go fuck off and go use them where you can be judged by a name and not the merit of your argument? because there's no good discussion there. they need to come here where they will have an audience.

I like you user, can you post more?

He doesn't matter

His post does, just pretend your him, its ok with me, just as long as it sounds good

You probably are him. Trying to psyche me ou

WHAT I SAY IS TRUE. THEREFORE YOU ARE DISMISSED. I SHALL RETURN AT THE SAME TIME TOMORROW FOR THE SECOND LESSON

Thank you master

That's what makes it good. You avoid all politics dealing with identities and allow only ideas to exchange. The people behind them don't matter.

This allows to very cancerous thinking

Or the best ideas nigger

Oh shit 3 dubs in a row^

I guess so. What best ideas?

Attaching identities to each comment allows even more cancerous thinking. You get the same thing except:

1) People irrationally feel the need to keep consistent viewpoints. If they want to argue A in one context and B in another context then they either have to explain themselves or they just don't do it, because it contradicts how others might view them.

2) People feel the need to appease others. Once someone has an identity they feel the need to keep the peace and have people like them. So they water down all their opinions and statements to appeal to more people. You end up with this wishy washy exchange where everyone's positive and more afraid to speak honestly.

I mean it's not the end of the world, but I think anonymity is way better.

There's the door, normalfag. We don't want you here anyway.

We don't want you here forever atleast

People just produce imagined identities to judge others on.
Like your shills and enemies, which inspires judgement saged on presentation rather than substance.
Things go a lot smoother elsewhere because there is no room for these kind of identity games.

The main benefit of anonymity is having no long-term consequences attached to your statements.
But people are not rational and still somehow follow peer pressure when at no risk at all.
Most people probably speak about as freely here as anywhere else as a result.

anonymity is overrated

Well the best idea for you is to shut the fuck up and go here and watch a fucking movie normie.

You remember the Borg nigger? From star track, well those tough niggers ain't got no names, the only problem here is we haven't assimilated you yet, seem your not compatible. Shame we can't just kill you like the Borg would

Everybody on Holla Forums is braindead

And your wrong again, I actually don't talk to anyone in real life ,Twitter,assbook, the only place I talk like this is here.

Never been to Holla Forums ill take your word for it user

they do that anyway

they do that anyway

people are not rational, they fill in the social gaps with their imagination

a handful of open-minded trolls does not change how rigidly the majority of the userbase conforms to the unspoken rules of the site

even if you are free, look around you, virtually everyone here is a zombie

no one is topping you from namefagging you insufferable deficit

based user, please stay

GET OUT

then fuck off to neogaf or animediaper you stupid cunt

Those can't be that good since you are still here.

I hear some good sites are: Facebook. Twitter, and Reddit. Has anyone tried any of those?

This place is conditioning us to be sociopathic, racist pedophiles. I'm almost sure of it.

Also communists. And nazis. It's a dreadful thing; not sure I allow this poison to seep into my mind day after day, but it's a compulsion. Pretty sure there are addictive algorithms similar to those of Farcebook or online games. These shitty techno-devs know what they're doing.

Hello fam

Holla Forums sucks

this

Well what the fuck do you want us to do about it, im sorry this is the last bastion of lulz you wanted but at least you have it.

just dont use it then. its not like anyone is twisting your arm about it and if you don't like the way this site is get off your lazy ass make a site of your own and moderate the community there.

Hey Holla Forums i just got roasted on this site for the first time and everyone called me a retard what do i do.

accept it as a fact

>>>/lilia/

meep meep y'all are awful philosophical for a shitwagon full of homos tbh no homo