CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE POINT OF HAVING TWO MONITORS? why can't you just buy one bigger, and not have bar between them?

CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE POINT OF HAVING TWO MONITORS? why can't you just buy one bigger, and not have bar between them?

also, if you have two 16:9 with 1920x1080 pixels they will be shit anyway and won't allow you to do productive work like spreadsheets, web browsing, video editing, programming

16:9 1920x1080 are shit made to consume jewish movies and degeneracy
if you want real tasks you need one big monitor with big resolution, preferably 5:4 (if for office work) or 4:3 (if you want mixed office/game/movie usage) or 16:10 (if want mostly jewish movies and a bit work)

Other urls found in this thread:

gadgetteaser.com/2010/01/21/professionals-still-lament-the-43-laptop/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because then I can have each monitor on its own workspace and switch tasks easily, where as one large monitor would require actually resizing and moving around windows instead of just leaving them fullscreen.

Because I'm not playing a video game, I'm doing 6 different tasks that all have their own little windows and a "bar between them" doesn't matter.

Literally nobody makes these anymore and if they do it costs $1500 premium because there's no demand. Only retards and memesters still cling to a dead standard. No matter how superior it is, it's fucking dead. Stop trying to fellate the corpse.

I had 2x 2560x1440 monitors and one ultrawide 3440*1400. I ditched the side monitors since they just took up too much desk space and were generating too much heat for the amount I actually used them. Now I just use the ultrawide with i3 and it's like having 2 4:3 monitors side by side with no bezel.

literally you could get the same effect with a tiling window manager

i have a 4:3 right here m8. why do i care about your definition of "dead"?

There was a demand, until the manufacturers decided to just outright ignore their customers and shove down their throats the widescreen junk that costs them less money to make.
gadgetteaser.com/2010/01/21/professionals-still-lament-the-43-laptop/

Sometimes you have to do stuff that necessitates 2 different computers.
e.g. streamers who play a video game on one screen and read real-time comments on another. They couldn't alt-tab every 2 seconds and neither could they play it minimized, since stream viewers want to see a GAME, not a person checking his chat window.

Other than that and other situations that require 2 different computers, I don't see much use. Normalfags are just fags.

You can keep your character map program open on the second monitor, to conveniently drag and drop the lowercase letters

laughing_whores.jpg

laughing_whores.jpg

I have my desktop mirrored on both displays so I can "work" in one area and be a lazy shit in another. If I really needed to use both monitors at once I can lower my standing desk and point Monitor 1 at my bed or lift Monitor 2 and put it next to Monitor 1 on the standing desk. it's a pretty good setup imo but lately I've been lying in bed all day and not using Monitor 1 at all, that needs to stop

no retard thats not how supply and demand works. if there are displays that arn't selling the price goes down so companys don't have stock that is not selling. besides if you buy brand new electronics you are not spending wisely.

Gee Bill! How come your mom lets you have TWO monitors?

what is 'resizing and moving/clicking around windows'
using pointing device jew

That's one sexy U.S. Steel radiator you got there.

because there isn't a reasonably priced 38" wide-screen.

meant *48

Because when you're a poor neet its easier to cannibalize old bits of hardware rather than buy expensive shit monitors to see more shit you can't buy.

Ex. I have an hp monitor from 2005 that was lying around in my garage, my monitor that I picked up off the sidewalk was one of those brick ones with speakers attached from 2001 had shit the bed so I use the hp monitor. Needing more screen space to effectively work I take a tv that I didn't use and plug it into my shitbox (windows 7 amd 760g chipset). I can now do work on low risk things and play some free vidya without paying shit tons for a better rig.

Outside of my neet ass and going to things I've worked on its handy if you have to isolate work and keep things seperate. I can have one screen for leisure things like playing music, one for work (monitoring server activity for instance), another screen to check logs and write down information.

You can use a tiling manager but if you have a lot of windows it can be an organizational and informational clusterfuck trying to get everything properly adjusted.

Somethings need to be segregated so they can function and be useful just like in real life.

I got an used CRT as a secondary screen (mostly for Photoshop palettes) for less than $15. The new monitor I want costs well over $300.

i have 3 and i NEED them
i'm a trader, i need one for news feed, yes a whole screen, you have no idea the amount if info i have to go trough every hour.
the second one is for my trading platform, need to react in split second so it has to always be open (same as my news feed)
the 3rd one is my regular working desktop, shitpost, play gaymen, watch vids, cad work, ....

3 display really is the bare fucking minimum to do my job correctly.

I fou nd this second one for free

examples of non-jewish movies with 4:3 AR?
And do you know how many of non-jewish movies are 16:9 or thinner?

I like my dual screen setup where I have one ultra wide screen and one 16:9 screen for jew movies my kids can watch while I program.

One monitor is for Visual Studio, other one is for Slack and documentation.

CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE POINT OF HAVING A CPU WITH MULTIPLE CORES? why can't you just buy 24 GHz single-core?

also, if you have two 3 GHz with multiple threads they will be shit anyway and won't allow you to do productive work like spreadsheets, web browsing, video editing, programming

3 GHz multi-cores are shit made to consume jewish movies and degeneracy
if you want real tasks you need one big CPU with big clock speed, preferably 24 GHz (if for office work) or 48 GHz (if you want mixed usage) or 96 GHz(if want mostly jewish movies and a bit work)

The faster the clock rate, the more energy required it takes to keep it there. 5ghz is the fastest clock rates that anybody has done with conventional cooling techniques. Nobody can run faster than that without relying on liquid nitrogen for cooling.

Don't need any cpu faster than Pentium 120 tbh. I could run Quake on that (without 3D gfx card), and don't care about newer games.
Only problem is they don't make that kind of mobo anymore, just like they don't make 4:3 displays or I'd buy one.

2 monitors for 2 computer's
you look like a nigger larping as a neonazi to troll tech, fuck off to b or leftypol

Ever heard of tiling window managers? Buying one would be cheaper than buying few monitors.
Or like other pointed out just resize windows to any size you want

Why would you need 48"? 48" is not same size as two 24", it's same size as FOUR 24"

all movies are jewish. movie industry is fully controlled by the jews
and amateur producers like youtubers are forced to use 16:9 because their jewish cameras use 16:9

I was saying all this 10 years ago. Now it's too late to make statements about it, the world has already chosen. Just deal with it.

You can't have a thread without people showing their setup, right ? My second monitor is off, because my graphics card died recently and I'm on integrated GPU now which has only one vga port.
Second monitor rotated on the side for the ultimate facebook browsing :^)

Nigger I buy my 1080p monitors for $120, show me a 4 MP monitor that's $250 or less.

Also most wms suck so you can't tile as well on single screen. But even windows supports "win+left/right" so now you have potentially 4 areas you can work with.

Honestly, it's fine. I agree with you that 16:9 is a movie format, and it's retarded to choose as that as the basis. But it's not so bad as you say, just a mild annoyance. With two monitors I can have one vertical which actually gets around this problem. Much easier than hunting down and paying through the nose for obscure aspect ratios.

Are you trading at home? What sort of strategy? How much do you make?

I actually have some 4:3-ish movies, like pic. Granted most are widescreen, but they used to have versions for home TVs which most often were 4:3 even throughout the 90's.
And of course there's tons of old TV shows...

Wrong quote
Uh and this one's 3:2, not 4:3 but not quite widescreen.

Here's old TV show. I was actually looking for the original movie (Deathstalker and the Warriors From Hell) but only found it as MST3K episode on demonoid.

You're no trader, where are your boll bands?

fucking jews i swear

Same reason I fuck your mom twice a night, user

Ouch, just 81.6 ppi density. That's even worse than my crappy old TN 22" at 1680x1050 (90 ppi).

At work:
One monitor for mail, documentation, xmpp et cetera
Second monitor for terminals (ssh to multiple servers, local vim to write some scripts and take notes, and so on)

At home:
Monitor one for video editing, monitor two for fullscreen preview

Yea, totally impossible to use multiple monitors productively...

There is this position between standing and laying, its called sitting. We invented special tools to help us do it called chairs. If you moved your monitor and keyboard down to your desk you could use one.