A E S T H E T I C live bands

So, knowing that the left dominated the mass culture through music, many have decided to adopt 'vaporwave' as a right wing response.
But what we're missing is live music.
Concerts and music festivals are a necessity to build a real music scene.
Once you get like-minded people gathering for shows in their free time, an organic irl network will develop.

So, any musically skilled anons interested in forming live bands to spread our A E S T H E T I C ?
I live in the Chicago area. Ideally we'd have these bands sprouting up all over the West.

Neofolk and martial industrial are already established right wing music genres as well. I suggest looking into that too.

There's nothing AESTHETIC about any of that. You're just trying to misdirect things. It gets kinda old, tbh.

If you're not interested in synthwave/vapor don't bother posting.

Most synthwave bands are right leaning (Carpenter Brut for example),
like he says, Neofolk is pretty right wing. If that's not good enough for you, stop bitching and go out and do what you're proposing. Learn an instrument you waste of life.

I'm new to guitar, a couple weeks in, I have some good song lyrics I think, the song is called "I'm Gonna Be a Minority", it's a loud punk-ish song. Any tips? I've recorded kind of the proto-guitar part, giving bass a whirl too.

Fuck off with your redditor understanding of words.
Aesthetics don't just encompass your shitty cyberpunk memes

Go back to school

You're right that live music has a unique power to organize a movement. It's important to note a few things. Firstly, live music is broken in general. Concerts are horrible experiences of awkwardness, drunkenness, and dysfunctional social dynamics. This goes for small concerts, large concerts, massive festival shows for major bands. Acts that are actually able to create an enjoyable experience are so rare there are maybe 5 in the world at any given time in the current paradigm. This doesn't apply to folk, classical, jazz, etc., which are older mediums with established models for how they should be performed, models that still function properly. I'm talking about popular music styles in general - "rock" (whatever that is anymore), and the various mish mash of electronic styles.

The only exceptions are EDM and hip hop live music culture. Both genres of music are absolute trash of the worst kind, and their audiences are made up of the lowest IQ, least aesthetically aware animals in the herd, which may be why their models for performance still work (by "work" I mean, they generate a unified social atmosphere for the audience members, where people feel comfortable to express themselves and generate energy for the performance). The people who attend these concerts are so undeveloped as human personalities that they're basically interchangeable, and they're extremely susceptible to group think and suggestion, which is why they like that kind of music in the first place. These characteristics make them an exceptionally easy audience for which to make a working model of performance - as stated, one that will create a unifying, freeing, social environment for the audience members in which they can express their feelings and generate energy.

If you want to make create a powerful movement ("scene", or whatever you want to call it) via live music, you have to figure out a model of performance and presenting what you're doing that will create a unifying social dynamic that frees people and allows them to express themselves and generate energy. Note this doesn't just mean "make good music and perform it well", there are droves of bands doing that, but their concerts are awful. I've seen many great bands in all kinds of popular styles, playing great music very well, and yet the show is a completely awkward mess where no one is really enjoying themselves or experiencing any deep catharsis.

The fact that it's become so difficult to get an audience made up of at least marginally intelligent people into a positive, socially free, unified emotional state may be a function of the lack of cohesion in modern societies as a whole, something Holla Forums has explored extensively. People are suspicious of one another, people are trying to compete with one another socially in dysfunctional ways because old social structures for coming of age, establishing hierarchy, etc., are gone, people don't know how to act around potential mates since the process of courting, and male female relations in general have been totally confused. All of these make it impossible for most people to feel comfortable freely expressing themselves in a mass public social context and so, live music culture is broken for any music that caters to anyone but the absolute dumbest sub-humans who form a unified mass by default out of their lack of personality and self awareness.

If you want to make a successful live music culture, you need to figure out how to make people in our fragmented, socially dysfunctional society, feel comfortable expressing themselves and being free in a mass public setting. You need to design a performance, and a way of presenting your performance, that somehow breaks the audience members free from the social forces outlined above.

I saw this post just when I was about to shut down my computer and go to sleep. Hopefully I will dream up a good way of performing this kind of music.

Godspeed user. Dubs be with you. This is basically all I think about, though I'm not making Vaporwave. Let's create the future m8.

Damn, that's a good post. Thanks for saving it.

A E S T H E T I C music is the only music that matters

Just discovered vaporwave like 5 days ago, i have not stopped yet, its Too damn addictive, fuck

come home white man

He's a lefty actually who sabotaged one of Gex's videos precisely because it was right wing.

Exact same situation as with Perturbator.

Reminder that Vaporwave is just Italo Disco played slowly.

The record pulled the song, Pertubator said they had no problem with it.

i dont get it, being a Holla Forumsack will inrease the probability of liking certain type of music? for example vaporwave?

Is there a correlation between the type of ideas and thougts with the kind of music you like?

Some times i can see a pattern between the kind of music leftists like, and i just simply hate it i dont know why.

I can relate this specific example of a leftist retarded relative with its retarded ideas of gun control, abortion and other stuff, this kind of people alwas like the same kind of music.

Idk whatever, i like, vaporwave.

>>>/mu/

Holla Forums is for classical music only

Seems somewhat intuitive to me user. SJW's, reggae stoners, punks, goths, and any number of other subcultures are all examples of somewhat ideologically unified groups with easily identifiable visual styles - examples of people with similar ideas making similar aesthetic choices. Why would particular ideological preferences tend to occur in people with particular aesthetic preferences (visual, musical, and other) and vice versa? Maybe we don't just have preferences for a particular kind of music, art, ideology, etc., but instead, we're attracted to particular noumenal objects that manifest in our reality through all mediums simultaneously - visual, auditory, conceptual, etc.., i.e., if you're drawn to a particular noumenal object, you'll be drawn to anything that is a manifestation of that object, whether it's music, art, an idea, a person or whatever else.

(semi-blogpost)
I thought about this recently - Back in my bluepilled days, I was a hound for dubstep. The energy it gave was strong but ultimately nihilistic / self-serving - music for the purpose of music.

After this place fucked my mind back to reality, I lost interest in such music. It doesn't even feel like music anymore. Now, synthwave and more traditional / purpose-driven music is my thing.

I'm pretty sure my brain went through enough changes that my 'internal definition' of music changed… to be fair, there are less extreme genres that I still can listen to. Interesting phenomenon.

As far as OP's post, I think the music comes -after- the shift of mind, it doesn't cause it. Once Trump is elected, we need to push hard to awaken people to what our culture could and should be. Music that resonates with this mindset will grow (as will the audience), and our own musical culture will emerge.

Of course music influences the mind. This was common knowledge in Ancient Greece, among other places

Music does "influence the mind", but that's not what my post was about. You should read it again or something.

To make a simple generalization, the more rhythm-centric a music is, the more subhuman it is.

Every note is a memory from the 90s. This genre is 100% concentrated nostalgia for most Holla Forumslacks, its no surprise its so popular here. It's just like watching TV in 1992 all over again. The people who made it at the time had no idea what they were going to spawn 25-30 years down the line.

faggot

It's a shame that they behave in a degenerate manner but I freaking love the general vibe of The 1975.
Their live performances are aesthetic as hell.

So, vaporware is a slow genre, if I'm not mistaken. How about copying and combining jazz clubs and opera houses? I mean aiming somewhere in between, a place where the music isn't just for the background, but then it's not a problem if you actually start to speak to the person next to you.

No. Masturbator is the one who asked the label to pull it, and they obliged with glee. He said so himself in the fucking AMA on 8/mu/ that was happening at the same time, and defended his lefty views there.

Stop making shit up, kike

This is great we can combine perhaps at festivals

screenshot

In a civilization in decline people will sooner or later become nostalgic for the most vile garbage.

Disturbing anecdote: some of my friends are in a masturbatory Animal Collective/Tame Impala ripoff band. Suggesting to any of them that there is such a thing as 'good' music or that it's possible to define music over against other forms of sound causes them massive butthurt. Even the one who has something resembling classical training and plays an instrument that isn't found in every 4-piece rock band.
As a former 4/mu/tant this really pissed me off. I used to tripfag as Phil Gabriel on 4/mu/ and my shitposting schtick involved claiming that several genres of music weren't actually music. I wasn't just pulling it out of my ass, I genuinely feel like it does music a great injustice to call any bit of organized sound 'musical' just because it's the current year.
People forming rock bands today aren't interested in making good music, they're interested in making self-indulgent low-budget indie rock that resembles stuff they've already heard. Rock is dying.