Afterlife question

Would you rather go to hell to be in agony for all eternity, or would you rather just cease to exist forever after you die?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?259da8g2th44p
mega.nz/#F!WVJA0Byb!RM-qYrMxUC3NrBK_7lXbTg
archive.org/details/CHRISTIANBOOKSCOLLECTIONS_201709
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4QpVhdPs0u8UUxPUUxtS0NsN3c?usp=sharing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

there is no such thing as eternity tbh

Yes there is!!!

CHRISTIAN BOOKS COLLECTIONS main folder

mediafire.com/?259da8g2th44p
mega.nz/#F!WVJA0Byb!RM-qYrMxUC3NrBK_7lXbTg
archive.org/details/CHRISTIANBOOKSCOLLECTIONS_201709
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4QpVhdPs0u8UUxPUUxtS0NsN3c?usp=sharing
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f8ab9f0e581265eada1472b6461e11170bb263c4&dn=CHRISTIANBOOKSCOLLECTIONS_201709

I can't wrap my head around time lasting forever, as well as time ceasing to exist

from my point of view I never existed forever before becoming into the world either, so i presumably have as much of a chance of simply resuming my existence in a new form without recalling my past existence as lingering in an afterlife or having a perception of not existing at all

What makes you think your consciousness is something more than your brain activity to think that it would exist again in a new form?

The notion that despite similar neuro structure to any other human, that I am not any other human, I am I, why is that?

time loses meaning after all matter is transformed into radiation

Because you're only similar in neuro structure and not identical and that makes you you and not them?

meep meep I would rather cease to exist cause it's not like you'll feel anything tbh no homo

what if you were made identical clone of? both would believe they are the real person with all the same memories, they would be one entity with two physical bodies or something else?

don't fall for this shit guys. we're all gonna make it bros.

fuck you guys
you won't get anything from me

Depends what kind of clone, if you were somehow scanned and replicated exactly then your clone would think they're just as real as you do but would be separate from you because theres no way for two brains to communicate like one entity.
If your dna was taken and used to make a test tube baby that grows up really fast then it would just be like an identical twin.

i meant the first
the usual science fiction "teleportation" without disintegration part

assuming consciousness is nothing else but chemical and electrical impulses in our brains

nothing we know of at least
if there was some higher dimension for "souls" to recide then things could get more complicated whether "soul" too would be cloned or not

Unless any evidence for souls comes up its safe to assume it all has to do with chemical and electrical impulses in our brains.

You can't have simultaneous self perception through two different bodies even if they were exact duplicates, they just become distinct instances. Each person is like their own self encapsulated universe, it begins and ceases with you.

Let's use that TNG episode where Will Riker is duplicated into two individuals as our example. Both Riker's were the same instance up until forking, after which, they are two distinct bodies and individuals. Neither can view the world through either's point of perception, how did either chose to be one or the other, who won the lottery and got to make it back to the ship, who lost and had to stay behind.

Think of it like this, light doesn't really have any color, it's just all variations of wavelength, but we perceive the world as being in color. Now there's no baseline for color, our nerves measure and transmit that data to our visual cortex, our brain somehow assembles that into a color relational model. Is my perception of red the same as yours, or is my perception of red the equivalent to your perception of green? We both call the color the red because we identify our own perceived color with the term red. From my point of perception of the universe, what we both call a yellow dancing banana may have to me (in your terms), a green mouth, red arms, and a blue body.

replying to the wrong person?

don't get ahead of yourself hun. you should get a life before you starting thinking about an afterlife. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Cease to exist

Scientifically speaking - note that this is not a choice but an observation, after enough time in agony, you might adapt to it.
Humans are adaptable and have neuroplasticity.
I don't know how long it would take, but perhaps a person could adapt to agony and either filter it out or interpret it as something else.
Buddist monks learn to channel out pain, and that is within a single lifetime - though it is a rare ability.

i was larping one of the guys on rails

Hell wouldn't work very well if all the people who have been there for awhile adapted to it and were just chilling together forever so they must have made something up somewhere that says the devil can stop you from adapting that we haven't heard of because nobody is masochistic enough to read the entirety of any holy book.

Maybe when they built it, it was expected that time would only last 70 years, so they didn't plan on an ever escalating level of agony.
Often happens, the potential success of something is either under or over evaluated and so design flaws and limitations appear after a certain point.
Maybe the monotony after having overcome the agony would be a torture in itself.
But then, people might adapt to the boredom by becoming vegetables.
Pretty sure that someone would be a vegetable and totally shut off after a few hours of torture if it was constant.

Oh, I understand now. could have used some more context or some "" marks maybe.

that test would make more sense if it was "is it moral to decline paying if you are able" tbh

you could easily argue that it is immoral to ask someone to pay for something that you could easily and nearly effortlessly do for them.

I sincerely believe that we do cease to have consciousness for eternity after we die and I can't wait

The most rational way to think tbh considering what it was like before we were born.

autism

Nurd turd

kys retard

there is no afterlife

inb4 72 lolis