When will you learn Holla Forums?

When will you learn Holla Forums?

I spent the last four hours attempting to install devuan linux until I finally gave up after I realized how much of a waste of time the idea of using linux was. Windows would never waste my time and would work perfectly out of the box, but when Holla Forums told me to install linux as it would improve my security, it did the exact opposite and made my hard drive unbootable when the usb came loose halfway during the damn installation and corrupted the data.
But it made me ponder about a specific idea. Why does Holla Forums care about their security so much when they have absolutely nothing to hide from the government. Going out of your way to secure your data and browsing is completely unnecessary unless you are trying to overthrow the government or build bombs in your shed. It seems like Holla Forums is just a shitload of paranoid fools who learned about edward snowden one day and decided to go overboard with security when the nsa wasn't who they were spying on in the first place. The nsa exists to stop terrorists, not some autistic manchildren on linux browsing Holla Forums.

Fuck you for wasting my time and destroying my hard drive Holla Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_in_the_Gulf_of_Sidra_(1986)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

AYO HOL UP
SO UHH
-smacks lips profusely-
LEMME GET THIS STRAIT
SO YA SAYIN
YO HARD DRIVE HAS AN INCOMPLETE INSTALLATION OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM
AN YO STUPID ASS STILL EXPECT IT TO BOOT?

smh tbh fam, these niggas are stupid af.

If you like your computer being used to mine bitcoin by Microsoft, or whatever fuck they use for processing through its botnet, then its your loss.

Go be a nigger somewhere else.

Which is completely your fault. Why are you bitching at us about it?

next step in retard-proofing everything: screwed-on flash drives

That would be real nice; having some standardized way to keep a USB device attached to it's socket. Most USB devices fit so loosely these days it's a joke.

I use Elmer's glue for exactly this purpose.

Windows is on its deathbed. No sane human being will ever use Windows 10, and computer software and hardware are going to intentionally stop working on Windows 7 in the future. Actually they already are. Windows is putting a gun to your head and your only choice is Mac or Linux. Personally I'd go with Mac because OSX is nice, but I understand if you hate their hardware because I hate their hardware too. Hackintosh's are janky, but at that point you'll just want to use Linux anyways.

You filthy kuffar
The day will come when all Microshill infidels and Apple sodomites will be burnt alive.

Linux will rule the world
Stallmanu ackbar

Ahahahaha, CIA niggers stoop this low!

I dont see how this will happen at all.
10 is far more powerful than windows 7, and runs twice as fast. It is also much harder to pirate, and this point more than anything else has the Linux crowd in a panic.

It wont be long until Windows 7 is no longer supported, and when that happens, what is Linux going to do ?

Linux will have to find a way to work under 10 from here on, since it wont be able to rely on 7 being readily available anymore.

Linux may seem like a good alternative to Office, but all that is happening in linux is that the windows interface is cleverly hidden away. It still needs the drivers and software services in order to run, and in most cases - that happens WITHOUT a valid windows licence.

This is just plain piracy.

10 will finally put an end to this blatant abuse of intellectual property, and linux should decline, taking the pirates with it.

Anyone that supports the continuation of Windows 7 in place of 10 surely has a hidden agenda .. and you will surely be caught out.

are you drunk?

yes, out of the box after you download your network drivers from another computer, install 15GB of updates, set up group policy, configure your drivers (device manager shit), disable internet connection status phoning home, install Office, disable annoying bloat services (superfetch, prefetch, readyboot, etc.), set up power options not to fucking power down your drives after 5 milliseconds, enable TRIM for SSDs, configure the firewall to block shit like Windows Media Player and the Windows Store, disable telemetry, disable lockscreen ads, disable Windows Defender (wait, you can't in 10), install a non-shit web browser... and the list grows longer every installment.

"Look, I'm an idiot!" ...the thread

lost

even if you're not using Linux for security reasons, it's still more pleasant than Windows. I also fell for the "Linux is secure" meme over 10 years ago and installed Gentoo, but I still use it today because everything else for consumer use is crap.

Just like it was pointless for America to send 30 thousand seamen into Libya's gulf to exercise its rights according to international law.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_in_the_Gulf_of_Sidra_(1986)

Why is the government the only adversary? You sound like the kind of guy who logs into his bank account through a Windows computer after downloading 300 random .exe files from the internet, and then when your shit gets stolen you go lobby the government to make more backdoors and other retarded internet laws, and waste taxpayer money.

Calling what Holla Forums does for security overboard is like calling it overboard to try to improve your health by not eating at McDonald's every day.

wtf. how is Windows 10 harder to pirate? Literally every time a new microshill product comes out there are a million retards like you who don't even know why they spent money on a new version and start yelling out "it's more secure!" and "it's harder to pirate!". probably bait but cant read past first sentence.

I see we're dealing with an enormous idiot who prefers to blame linux, Holla Forums, and everything else for his own colossal stupidity. That or we're dealing with a shill / "troll" who thinks he's being a master ruseman.

Pro tip: Try not to unplug necessary computer parts while you're installing the operating system onto your computer. I hear it makes the installation go wrong and leaves your computer non-functional.

Either you're butthurt or trolling, but either way you're just being retarded.

No you idiot. Windows would fail to start too if you unplugged the damn thing mid-installation. Because you wouldn't have a working copy of windows on your computer either.

Now go do a proper installation (remember: don't unplug anything - that's it) and your computer should work.

The NSA spies on everyone actually. Everyone. They have an internet dragnet mass collection system and their explicit internal doctrine at least during the time Snowden worked there was to collect everything.

mac os would work if you unplugged it during installation

Last time I installed Windows, I had to hunt for drivers for hours. I also had a bunch of trouble with Windows update being weird because it apparently takes several hours to work without telling you anything about it. It was a pain in the dick and not one I want to go through again.

Last time I installed Linux, I booted from the live USB, installed it in like half an hour and everything worked fine. Would recommend, far simpler.

To be fair, Win10 is quite better at that than Win7.

When was that exactly, back in 95?

That sounds pretty secure though.

I was crazy to think Holla Forums is absolutely immune against obvious baits. Made me somewhat sad.

Tbh if you installed Windows after 1995 you're dumb as fuck

you seriously don't take enough suicide pills

yep, thats how it is assuming it will see the drive at all. Most windows faggot have never likely removed the OS that came default installed and then shitpost on Holla Forums

genuine kek