I'm at a Stallman speak, it's question time, tell me something interesting to ask

I'm at a Stallman speak, it's question time, tell me something interesting to ask

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastel_(programming_language)
en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ask if he likes green pepper

Ask him if he likes Devuan and report back his answer

Ask if he thinks operating systems like Linux would exist if software wasn't free of charge because of open source licenses like the GPL.

Ask him if he's ever considred brewing kombucha using a culture from his feet.

Ask him if you will be able to play your vidya on GNU/Hurd

He dgaf as long as it's Free as in Autismâ„¢.

inb4 interjection

He probably already does.

t. freech

Ask him why he wanted to turn the Pastel compiler en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastel_(programming_language) into a pre-ANSI C compiler.

Ask him why he supports restricting user's freedoms by whitelisting only wireless cards with free drivers in libreboot

I don't think you understand how software development works. Pastel was used as the starting point because it was a free working compiler. It's called not reinventing the wheel.

So Stallman didn't write gcc from scratch? He just modified someone else's work and never gave credit? I'd like to interject here and ask why he isn't calling it by its proper name, Pastel/GCC.

The Stallman Dictionary
interject, v., 1. spam, 2. derail, 3. troll

systemd, PulseAudio, GTK, Wayland, GNOME, Flatpak, etc. Are all projects maintained and developed mostly by Red Hat employees; some of them, like systemd and GNOME, have rejected patches and suggestions both from users and other companies.

Ask him if Red Hat's dominance on GNU is toxic or not, considering all their projects (and those hijacked by them) are still libre.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE ACCEPT MY CODE OR ELSE!

Guys, can you please put those things back? Or at least a way to configure keybindings. These shortcuts are pretty much standard and removing them is a serious regression that hurts productivity from anyone that has used a File Manager in the last 20 years.

Fork it and fuck off

Why bother with their shitware in the first place? You can run Linux without any of their shitware, or just get one of the BSD.
Using their stuff, even forking it, is supporting them.

Ask him what he thinks of projects using leaked or reverse engineered source code that give a middle finger to (((copyright))) law and get away with it.

Nobody will use the fork.

a shekel for the good goy

If you have any argument to make, then spit it out.

Tell him that you have created data mining software for ICE to help them deport filthy beaners.
Say that you haven't decided on licensing and ask whether you should use GPL 3 or or 2.
End with "Heil Trump!" and a Roman solute.
Don't forget to where a MAGA hat.

And now we'll have 100 File Managers because the GNOME team (and by that I mean Red Hat employees) have their heads so far up their collective ass to accept user input.
God forbid you're a company like Canonical or SUSE. Not only they won't accept any code you try to push, the rest of the community will nag and bitch if you make a fork instead of "contributing to the community" even though they won't let you; and then they'll demand you to drop your project and use Red Hat shitware. See Unity, Mir, Snap and Upstart.

Ask him what was the last proprietary software he used on purpose?

Ask him why he's a communist who hates freedom?

>en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman

this is low effort response to low quality post

Dude he supported the Green Party and Bernie Sanders. He's a freedom hating commie.

pretty sure he's one of the faggots commissioned to monitor Holla Forums but got lost.

as opposed to a registered democrat that should have supported hillarity? fuck off with your derailing shit

Hey idiots, this thread is 23 days old. The "t. freech" spammer bumped a bunch of old threads and you're too stupid to check the date before responding. This is why relative time should be enabled by default.

Cry more, commies

severely underrated question imo

and you're too stupid to notice how slow this board is

Linus talked about this in a documentary (I think it was revolution os on youtube).

it'd exist but it wouldn't be known.