SPOILER ALERT: It was SpongeBob

youtube.com/watch?v=r-seeo7gJF0

SPOILER ALERT: It was SpongeBob

I'm not clicking on that.

Nice webm, fellow user.
wink wink

You grew up

exactly. these manchildren don't know when to grow up.

For real. Holla Forums is for real issues like white people ruining comics with their hetornormative narratives. We are very mature and enlightened here.

fuck you and fuck your video.

I havent even clicked it yet all three constantly show up on my Youtube.

IZ fags, not even once.

Watched it to save the rest of you fags from watching it. It boils down to

Except they're not; they're just as bad if not worse.

So pretty much just like another review of Nick on YT? Playing it safe eh?

Oh god this guy.
He's literally worse than Mr Autist and Pan Pervert.

Nickelodeon was never good.

It had some good shows, but the channel itself was cancer.

How is he playing it safe? How would you have wanted it turn out instead?

He's saying that Hey Arnold and Rocko to be a good move. That's pretty much going to get Like buttons from nostalgiafags. Even when he stated that CN and Disney are better because they are willing to take more risks. Saying that Nick rely on Spongebob even when they already experimented with Loud House and turn out it's pretty popular.

Also he mentions Korra, so he got a lot of likes from Korrafaggots. More likes, more views! More views = MONEY!

Nickelodeon caused Tumblr.

This video is so gay I'm browsing for dragon dildos now.

explain

>CN and Disney are better because they're more willing to take risks

ATLA.

See

I think he means in comparison

I'd still disagree if that was his intended meaning.
CN used to have a lot of shows with different art styles and genes, but in recent years, have moved onto making cheap looking slice of life shows that all use extremely similar art styles.
I don't know about Disney, but if CN were taking risks, they'd have a lot of different shows out there to appeal to as many people as possible instead of a bunch of shows that blend into each other.

Is it true past tense though? I have no sense of time but was nick spamming spongebob with nothing else before. . .

No wait, I think CN was going nuts with Jhonny Test about the same time. I think.

Predictable, but it feels weird how quickly everyone forgot about it when they switched to a WORSE dead horse show.

You could say Disney took a risk just by greenlighting a bunch of shows it didn't know what to do with

The loss of Pokemon leads me to think CN doesn't have the money anymore for risk.

Wasn't it death slotting Pokémon anyway?

You mean TTG? That's because opinion on it is more mixed than Johnny Test for some reason.

I'd watch 7D if it were just about that villain couple. They're fun to watch.

Who's picked it up now? Disney?

I only recall seeing it on in the early morning- maybe 6 or 7- in the last couple years.

Maybe. I wouldn't doubt CN on that front, but I've also seen other indicators. Like how the new season of Samurai Jack only has a skeleton crew.

That wouldn't surprise me, seeing how it was produced for Adult Swim

Wander Over Yonder did well, sadly it cut off too soon. 7D was okay. Their jokes are hit and miss but they made an attempt. Part Time Hero use tired tropes a bit too much. Main hero is great, the fat guy is useless, the girl is just…. there.

TTG was hit and miss. A lot of miss actually.

7D villains are actually pretty adorable in a funny way. Also the purple girl is actually pretty hot compared to that blond bimbo. Rule 34 imminent

thank u

There's already some good R34 of the villain couple.

Invader Zim was pretty subpar when you compare it to most of the guy's other works.
Zim fans should just read JTHM, but it's probably too edgy for them.

Invader Zim Fandom is probably at least twice as edgy as the show itself. I remember rewatching some episodes one time and realized just how much Hot Topic and Deviant Art had corroded my perception of the show.

It's hard to imagine him as dom since he's so efiminate in the show.

CN is the least risky of the three by far.

They are also the most cheap

We used to call out Disney for playing it safe. But then we got Gravity Falls where stuffed animals spitting blood and that horrifying scene when Bill rearrange someone's face. It's like Disney just found the liquor stash.

It's likely a combination of them taking a mild chance on P&F, and hiring a Nicktoons vet as a lead exec

Is that why CN usually writes off their own shows in taxes?

In fact edgy is what killed the show
Remember bloody gir

Eh Nick was always first to resort to fart jokes than the other three

What happened?!?!
PC cult can't make up their own damn minds on what they want

It's the channel that got annual show about throwing green splooge at celebrities as if Martian Manhunter woke up from cryogenicaly frozen sleep for 1000 years and decided to fap the entire deposit out in one day. It's still not funny.

Or maybe because I'm a clean freak

GF was really the point where they realised they could do stuff.

Then there's airing Fantastic 4, and Doctor Who, including an episode where they literally visit hell and kill Satan. They got very risky.

Yet at the same time very lazy

Its been how long now? Jhonen Cucksquez can suck a dick

I always wonder what people from Korea and Nipland think of shit like this.

Koreans are the ones outsourced to make most crap these days. They don't care. Japan just silently nods to whatever and let's Sony America do whatever the fuck they want. Korea's just happy to get paid for work and Japan is just too stressed to pay any attention.

I actually think that show is fine.

Animation in Korea is actually pretty legit. They almost went on strike when Banksy made the Simpsons couch gag implying their work conditions were really bad

Prepare to get redpilled.

The main problem with videos like these is that they fail to understand the rules of business from the perspective of the ones making the financial decisions, the executives. It's easy to point fingers at certain business practices and claim that the MBAs on top are evil, rapacious and callous and only care about making money. But if you understand the mind of an executive, you'll understand that this doesn't have to be the case. We can see that something is horribly wrong with the animation industry, if not the entire entertainment industry. But what is it?

Imagine there was a hamburger restaurant, among others. This restaurant would be incentivised to sell high-quality food and provide an environment in which their customers feel comfortable otherwise, no one would buy their products and they would simply go to their competitors, and the restaurant would lose profit. That's the beauty of economics, you serve yourself by serving others. There doesn't need to be fraud involved. Now, if they had a monopoly on hamburgers through some means, it would be in their interests to cut costs and maximize profits even when it's at the expense of the consumer. Why would they care? They're guaranteed profit as they are the sole provider of a good in demand, even if their goods are low-quality.

Most low-quality cartoons, movies, and video games are not the result of greedy executives being greedy or MBAs taking over creative companies, but the result of them lacking financial incentives to produce good content. All this stems from every company having an exclusive right to have a monopoly over an idea. And as we've seen countless times before, once someone has a monopoly, his next course of action is to maximize profit and minimize costs at the expensive of the consumer. How executives in entertainment treat their monopolies varies from industry to industry, but this principle still remains.

Back in the 2000s when all the major networks got started, they were incentivised to produce good content to get a consumer following and become established within the industry. They needed to provide value in order to stay afloat, but now that they have large established consumer bases, they no longer need to. Animation executives are more concerned with selling advertisement space and care not about the content they provide. They are not willing to take risks and only allow creators to produce shows based on toilet humor or mundanity.

Without monopolies, the quality and variety of works would drastically change. There would be newfound trust between executives and creators. New networks would emerge. And instead of the mentality being cash over creativity, it'll change to cash and creativity. As much as the networks would like to exploit creators, they would have to compete against other networks who provide better incentives for creators to work with them. The networks would have to attract creators by providing high budgets and maximum creative freedom or lose them to their competitors. Because should a network abuse their creators, they'll work with their competitors to have their visions realized. And the network would be exposed for being atrocious. When the industry does get to this state, expect to see a wide variety of unique high-quality animation.

This is why we need true communism

Would a communist understand market forces, economics, the rationale behind business decisions, and not view executives as bourgeoisie pigs, but people who act accordingly to their market environments? If so, then that's a pretty shitty communist.

I'm actually a capitalist who is just as much for the well-being of creators as you might be.

Here's a snippet of what I believe in.

For them cartoon is shit tier, most money will be directed for basic needs, cartoon will get squat except for propaganda shit.

ITT: Butthurt Capitalists

A friendly reminder that internet was created under more democratic rule and spread freely and early. Under communist rule internet will be under govt thumb for decades before it allowed for limited use on general population.