Cartoon Network released a video of what's to come in 2017. Thoughts Holla Forums ?

Cartoon Network released a video of what's to come in 2017. Thoughts Holla Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!KpohDJYY!Wg1o-tEi3iGcgftXxNGdXw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First thought: I'm scared to watch your vid.
Second thought: Cartoon Network is run by retarded pedophiles with shit taste.

Everything is awful. Also I thought Gumball ended already?

that CGI show has awful animation
it seems so lifeless and robotic

what the fuck is going on with the perspective in this shot?

sorry dude, they already confirmed AT is gonna be around until 2018

My knight and me is not really that bad, and more Gumball is good, i don't care for the rest.

AT and SU relied on their hardcore fans to suck their respective cock. Well, if SU fans actually learn to suck cock that is. But AT already have the set goal of ending it in 2018 and SU…. I don't know.

One season left.

Ben10 is the only thing that looks half-decent.

Nope. Not even that.

That knight on made want to watch Dragon huntrs for some reason

My thoughts are that they are not even trying anymore

It's not like Disney and Nick are doing much better, since the format is clearly dying

looks like something out of GoAnimate!

Clearly greenlit before the new PGG premiered

It looks awful. I was hoping CN would improve with all that noodle arm crap being gone. I guess not.

everything in this image is atrocious.

WebM because OP is a niggerfaggot.

What the fuck is this? This came out of fucking nowhere, and I can tell it's going to be shit with the cgi and dialogue.

That's some low energy shit right there, if I were a child and watched that, I wouldn't go, "wow" or "Knight and Me awesome, I can't wait", "yeah more Power Puff cool, I can't wait for Buttercup to kick some monster butt". The lack of a song and cuts from different shows that make for a coherent scene(say Gumball jumps from a trampoline and it cuts to Ben 10 diving in a pool, or Beastboy telling a bad joke, and it cuts to different characters from different show all being silent and with cricket noises in the background to signify what a bad joke Beastboy said) and maybe even a narrator to tie all these shots together and present the shows or heroes from each show(see how the mighty Ben 10 fights to save the planet, watch as Clearance and his friends go through exiting adventures), makes it extremely underwhelming and lazy. Even so, the shots themselves are underwhelming, there's nothing really interesting going on, I don't feel any energy, impact, emotion, it's just random boring clips.

They have different VAs, I wonder if it's permanent. They feel nicer IMO.

They don't care, anymore. They make so much money off of (((investors))) and tax cuts, while saving so much on "animation", that they don't even need anyone to watch their shit.

Media ratings have been at an all-time low, since Web 2.0 hit, and it's considerably gotten worse, since the US Presidential Elections brought so much more attention towards their wrongdoings, that most don't even bother watching the news, anymore, since most of it is fake. They'd rather get their coverage from independent sources that are guaranteed to be hot on the scene. Straight to the journalist, with them. All that's left bringing in viewers by the majority is sports, but even the politicisation of that is turning people off.

All they can do is be cheap as hell, and block off the airways, until they run out of money, but they'll just get an interest-free "gift" from a friend on the inside, once in a while, regardless.

Someone posted episodes in mega in the other Holla Forums for anyone who want to watch some episodes.
mega.nz/#F!KpohDJYY!Wg1o-tEi3iGcgftXxNGdXw

cartoons haven't been made for kids for at least 15 years now.

Looks like SFM tier animation.

I'm pretty sure Ren & Stimpy premiered in 1991, user.

At least when Ren & Stimpy premiered, there wasn't a Tumblr for the creators to go and post about how the characters are actually gay for each other, but CN won't allow them to animate a gay sex scene.

It's like 2009 never ended……

Except it pretty much paved the way for children's cartoons to be more "competitive" in their corruption of values systems, thanks to creative heads like (((Ralph Bakshi))).

So nu-Ben is going to jump face first into a grill? And the pool looks more like a a shag rug.

We're already dealing with this shit a year early. Time to share the suffering.

You know I know John's a lazy cunt and it really was his own fault that he got fired, but I do feel sorry for the guy because Billy was such a backstabbing faggot.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GrlpSr9YqU&t=1210s

What movie is that from?

Looks like something Ralph Bakshi would make.

Oh boy is it going to age well.

Heavy Traffic

IS it just me, or is the only tolerable or even good show is TAWOG? They call out hipsters and people who try to censor everything. They even have some adult humor for parents to enjoy in the show as well.

It's the only potatoface animation I've seen, along with Gravity Falls, that don't use the style as a crutch. Plus the humor isn't "lol so awkward and relatable" shit like the other cartoons and aren't afraid of trekking dark and cynical humor. But while it does the latter, it's still upbeat thus making it more truer than edgy cartoons (nu-Spongebob and Family Guy) and muh fee-fee cartoons like Steven Universe.

Did I mention that the animators can actually draw funny faces with some structure instead of a middle school doodle?

Ah thank you.

It was created by CN European branch and mostly written by them Brits. So you know the joke can be quite cynical sometimes.

We need more humor like that.

That explains why they had that one British guy voicing the Sun or something. I should seriously watch this show.

my sides are gone

There is none

We Bare Bears is probably the most reddit tier show CN has aired.

Gumball songs are pretty fucking real. This one hit close to us all.

Heavy Traffic. I recommend it. American Pop is still Bakshi's favorite of mine though.

So I saw the trailer and there's a video about Angel. I'm not prepared with how dark the movie was. Also the animation was so raw, I think they make it like that to give the feeling of uneasiness?

Thats the name

Funny enough, Nicole's VA is a damn good singer. She also hasn't sang in-character as Nicole as far as I know.

Congratulations, you summarized the entire series.

She definitely is the best character

People tend to remember her angry scenes but this video shows her range of acting.

Also fun fact the VA for Nicole also voiced Penny. So Gumball is a masacon (Mother Complex for non weaboo).

Thats too funny

It's fucking dying.

also this capture is from something they were 'showing off' in op's video.

Adventure time is one of the few shows keeping their shitty network relevant to any sizable audience.

And she sings.

Sweet

I guess they have a limited supporting voice cast in the UK

Ben was like "Now I'm going to pleasure myself with this fox"

Using one voice actor for multiple roles are pretty common everywhere not just UK. In the Loud House for example one female voice actor can voice one of the sister, and several background characters and children.

Must pay well

I don't know, they don't even have union. If they are paid by the hour then it's not that great since voicing background characters is a pretty short gig compared to voicing main characters.

Meanwhile, "Exchange Student Zero" comes and goes without anyone noticing.

This was on CN? Looks interesting is it any good?

The anime style characters could use a little work, and some of the jokes do fall flat, but, overall it is a good show.

Watched the series, despise it.

The idea is actually pretty good, having a generic anime character as an exchange student in western cartoon school. But the characters are so annoying and unlikeable and the story is shallow. They want to emulate Yu Gi Oh by adding card battles but it's boring af.

Also the girl in that pic? that drawing is misleading, it's like she's fallen for the anime guy. The truth is she's a TOTAL COMPLETE BITCH with a stereotypical dumb jock boyfriend. 2/10 complete shit show straight to waste bin.

That shit still a thing?

Jesus, I hate to nag but there's more shit to parody than card games.

I don't get the reference

the problem is CN is so scared of licensing most of the animes because of much more mature content in them. So they ended up licensing either children anime or toys anime. So the only option is either the card game or the beyblade like game.

He probably talking about Salvador Dali?

Boy, those kikes sure are subtle, and their art is so professional, too.

That still doesn't make sense.

Since when Dali starts making any sense?

Good point

Nope, there's in fact an even simpler reason for them not licensing anime anymore. You see back in the 90's anime licensing could be had on cheap, because most Japanese companies saw America as more of tertiary market for their product. So licensing fees were pretty damn low any anime show being in an international market.

In fact that's of the main reasons you had the anime boom in the first place, low cost of licensing + labor for finished goods + need to fill out the 24 hour schedule = easy ad revenue for the network to make bank on.

But with every boom, comes a rise in costs as both the cable network and the Japanese licensors started having fights about what pieces of the pie for ad revenue they want. Hint, hint for the Gundam shows, after Gundam Wing, rumors where that Bandai want to split the revenue between them and Cartoon Network, which may have been the big sore point that lead to the shrinking of the anime pie on the channel. This also includes toy sales as well. This was also the same problem with the rest of WB arguing on profit splitting for the DCU shows as well.

Which is the main reason the CN would later turn inward to their own shows such as adventure time under Stu Snyder to avoid all of that shit.

So that in an nutshell is the real reason the CN stopped putting out animus on their channel, they were being assholes about revenue sharing.

Does Adult Swim have a similar policy?

Sounds like both sides are being morons. What hoops did the Japanese companies what CN to jump through besides the revenue split?

That's probably part of the problem, yes. Also I wonder if there's already anime dedicated channel in US? Is there Animax channel? It was Sony backed channel that's pretty popular in Asia.

Does Crunchyroll count?

Crunchyroll is paid service. It will be better if there's a channel bundled in a cable service package since some younger audience don't have access to online payment.

The service is also free, it's just that you're limited to 480p videos and ads.

Well good then. Even though people on the rural area with shit internet cant watch them unless it's 144p or something.

so it's basically the opposite of Kappa Mikey?

I never watch Kappa Mikey so i decided to watch one just so I can reply to you. My first impression:

What the fuck is this? The mix of CG animation and 2D animation was jarring, the animation looks like drawn by a kid from deviantart and animated in flash. Both western and anime style look horrible. And the story is not even interesting. It's just typical fish out of the water plot. CAN SOMECUNT MAKE AN ANIME AND WESTERN CROSSOVER THAT ACTUALLY DECENT?!

Aesthetically speaking…no. When (Good) Eastern and Western animation styles mix, the viewer will have a hard time telling the characters apart. Hell, majority of our animated shows are already coming from Asia (Even The Simpsons is being developed in Korea). The only probably exception is if both styles were distinct enough, like those Lilo & Stich crossover episodes.

As far as story, I'm having a hard time thinking of something that isn't the "Fish out of water" concept. The first other story that came to mind was some feud going on between factions (With both sides being in a different animation style).

i would like double crossovers, where the characters appear drawn int he other show style.
You know, first character A goes to show B, and then character B goes to show A

It was an Australian tv movie before where she actually falls for the anime guy and the albino gets a crazy magical girl.

Okay so I watched the TV movie. Watched as in "Endured" the TV movie that pretty much just like the TV series but at least it only torture for me for an hour+

They shy away from having actual Japanese transfer student and more about "Card creatures" turned into real life creatures that pretty much scream Yu Gi Oh rip off (oh well, it was all the rage back then).

It's still shit, but at least it's still a better shit than the TV series. And the MC's sister is less bitchy and grating.

Did they seriously rip-off from pokemon? This was just awful.

The knight one?
Based off a short animated film called 850 Meters which didn't have much to base a series off of. Embed related.
I would rather a series based on Fortress (a grimdark Engine Heart) or someone's kid-ified DnD campaign.

That was cute. Wasn't great, but wasn't terrible.

Yeah, but it's nothing to build a series with actual production value and air time out of.
Like many individuals have already said: What the fuck is Cartoon Network thinking?

agreed, but after Jammers, I don't think cartoon network is thinking in general. More like they are running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Damn thats ugly

This is Kappa Mikey but reversed.

ugly is to kind a word user.

because its a cartoon…

Oh yeah, hipster Shirokuma Cafe.

They actually did that with Fairly Oddparents/Jimmy Neutron crossover. The quality, on the other hand, was lacking.

As is expected from Butch Hartman.

Typical

This tbh fam.

bump

Funimation used to have their own channel for years(most cable services didn't carry it though), think it's still around, but under a different name since funi dropped out to do their own netflix service. Aside from that not really.

Shit, wrong video

The differing art styles in these crossovers always threw me off.

That's not the only thing that clashed

Looks like a return to animation quality. They just need to can uncle grandpa

Where have you been? That was cancelled a long time ago.

No.

When you get down to the brass tacks, the only real differences between eastern and western animation is just surface elements like character design, which isn't substantive enough to justify/maintain a crossover.

Animation techniques, use of frames, 24fps vs partially fully animated, different philosophy etc…….