11:30pm EST

11:30pm EST
50PPH

Somebody get the shovel and start burying this board.

We had a good run, but it's looking like the future of 8/b/ is only downhill from here.

Jim will create his own Holla Forums to moderate and it will be much shittier, but because Jim and his pigs own it he will be able to advertise it globally, making it get much more PPH.

Sage can eat corpses.

What's with this board's obsession with PPH?

it shows that leftypol is better than us

but we have natural and organic memes

synthetic memes are superior

PPH shows how active (or in this case how inactive) the board is. People care about that because if they have to wait too long for a response to what they write they will go to other more active boards or sites and not bother coming back to this one, essentially making this a "dead" board.
As you can see by pic related, right now we are at 20PPH. That means in all of the 25 pages of threads we have, there is one post every three minutes. Endchan usually runs about 17PPH, and that is the deadest chan of them all.
Here is the deal though…nobody was ever deliberately trying to take down endchan. People are deliberately trying to take down Holla Forums. What that means is that while endchan reached a plateau and is now just a stable pile of bones bleaching in the internet sun, Holla Forums is going to continue to have its corpse desecrated and things here will continue to decline until there is nothing left but Dysnomia and the people who are drivng this site into the dirt.
There has been a lot of speculation on who those people are, whether it is pedos or 8ch admins or whoever, but in the end it really doesn't matter who it is because nobody here is willing to take the necessary steps to stop them. That is the part that really chaps my ass. They could do something about it, but they don't. So I really have a very hard time feeling at all sorry for them, and when I hear them whining about how it isn't their fault I actually want to cheer for the destroyers because that is total bullshit.

It is very likely too late to save the board, but it is never too late to try. How long is 30 days to a chan? Not long. Disable all proxy posting for 30 days and the problems go away because you can effectively permaban people. Do that for 30 days and then allow VPN posting again. If anons act up again, re-enable it for another 30 days and permaban the offenders. After a few months anons will catch on and stop. What will the board risk by doing this? 3 posts per minute. 20PPH is all that you are risking by doing it at this point. But they still won't do it. They won't even try to save the board.
The message that sends is clear as a bell: They don't care about Holla Forums enough to bother trying to save it. They don't care enough about it to even give it a decent burial.

That is why the few remaining anons on this board pay attention to the PPH. It indicates how close the vultures are, as they edge in to peck out our lifeless eyeballs.

Second pic…the laws of physics make people look unsustainable.
The laws of physics always make me wonder what it is that keeps the atoms of our bodies from simply flying off into space every time we bump into something. Atoms have very little mass, it seems to me that they should be able to be dislodged fairly easily.

Yep, that's pretty accurate. It's very strange to me that this board has generated enough hatred from people for them to dedicate so much of their free time to destroying it–and it makes it even even stranger that it's clearly a small group. This has been going on for a couple years now… YEARS! I've seen some pretty impressive displays of genuinely autistic behavior in my years of browsing imageboards, but the ceaseless spamming of this board undoubtedly takes the cake.

I've suspected that dysnomia is one of the goons for quite a while now: the constant ineffectual changes that never stick; the refusal to take proper measures to cut down on the spam; the stickies that only a goon would promote; his claim that he's a Discordian (official religion of autism). But who knows, maybe it's some kind of official campaign by 4chan or the FBI that people are actually getting paid for; I seriously doubt it, but I have a difficult time imagining the mindset of someone who spends their free time posting variations of the same bullshit over and over and over.

The thing is, they'll have to spam it as long as Holla Forums exists, because eventually it would rebound. I guess they probably feel that taking out Holla Forums is like weakening the foundation of Holla Forums, and will eventually lead to it's downfall.

I guess it's really not a big deal, given that 8 hasn't been any better than 4 for quite a while. I'd just love to know who is truly responsible for the spamming and what the actual motives are–it would be highly disappointing if it's something as lame as some autistic ""Discordians"" creating Le Chaos.

it's probably not one group.

What makes you say that?

It all started with /int/, and I'd be willing to bet that it's the most tenacious Alpha Autists within that goon squad who chose to stay behind and fight the windmills.

It is definitely not just one group.
The tactics and methodologies are all over the place.
I was a mod at an art-centric social media website for 6 years, and had to deal with this stuff all the time. What this looks like to me is a few individuals from several disenfranchised subgroups all working at the same time and in their own ways. Pedos, INT, regular anons, etc. I would bet anything though that at least two or three involved are current 8ch mods or vols. Some of the things that have been done and said lead me to think that, although nothing that has been done or said would on its own be convincing.
user in is right though, it is almost certainly too late to save this place, and nobody who could save it cares enough about it to bother.
They really should just pull the plug and be done with it, tbh.

The tactics really aren't that diverse. For the most part, it's just nonsensical content that seem like inside jokes, and could never be misconstrued by anyone as an attempt to be funny or entertain. See: barth, kennedi, tbh, *blocks your path* etc. etc.

Their aim is just to cause as much frustration and confusion as possible, and so I think there's a lot of false flagging. Are they pedos throwing temper tantrums? Are they /int/freech/mewch? Are they just autistic anons who are soothed by the repetitious behavior? I think it's all of the above, but I also think it's a fairly small group essentially working together.

It is actually different. Some of it is the random shitposting spam you describe. Some of it is pedo specific shitposting. Some of it is bumping old threads. Some of it is false flagging. Some of it is spam-flooding via spamming software. Some of it is real CP bombing. Most of it is harmless, but some of it isn't. The spam-flooding software was interesting because at one point it was happening both on the board as well as within a thread at the same time at the rate of 1 post per second…while per-post captcha was on. That is on a completely different level as someone bumping old threads or posting a *blocks your path* thread, and indicates that whoever did it had a way to bypass this site's captcha somehow. Either a really talented user, or someone who is already an admin/mod/vol/BO here at 8ch. The reason they haven't done that since is very likely that it drew suspicion immediately in their direction.

Anyway, if it was an organized group, they would be meeting somewhere and we'd hear about it. They would be posting about why they are doing it. They would stick around to laugh about their accomplishments and pat each other on the back. Neither of those is happening.

Like user said above though, it really doesn't matter who it is, or why they are doing it. All that matters is that they are doing it, it is working, it is getting worse, and nothing is being done about it.

Good Lord, retrieve a phosphate for this poor devil, posthaste!

The spam-flooding software was interesting because at one point it was happening both on the board as well as within a thread at the same time at the rate of 1 post per second…while per-post captcha was on.
Did not know that.

Yeah, this further supports my position that dys is basically the king of the goons.

That we know of. The internet is a large place.

C'mon, you're curious. I'm curious.