In your opinion, what is the best graphical interface for Linux and why?

In your opinion, what is the best graphical interface for Linux and why?

I like KDE a lot, for me it is pretty complete. And I dislike XFCE the most, I think that it is the most buggy of all, from my experience.

X is bloat.

Use a WM, they run shit ton faster then any bloat DE ever would.

Heres your (you).

Yes, it is. It is good however for people who just want to have tools available without knowing how to use a terminal.

Thanks.

From my experience, it was right the opposite. XFCE keep on breaking something day after day.

i3 master race

I like a basic fvwm desktop for a workstation, and dwm for a laptop. I use the fvwm version that ships by default with openbsd. It's relatively light weight, easy to customize, spartan.

For lower resolution laptops, i3 or dwm is hard to beat.

Openbox + Tint2

Mate, LXDE and maybe XFCE

Gnome between 2007 and 2011 before change, and Mate try to create fork of old gnome.

pcman and nautilus

I see your i3 and raise you a FVWM2

FreeBSD + dwm
Why? Linux jumped the shark a long time ago.

reddit out for fucks sake

WindowMaker

e17.0, no longer available due to CADT

Emacs with the EXWM package
The only issue is that when updating the package you have to restart emacs or everything breaks

I have taken a liking to tiling WMs. Using the keyboard for switching between windows is the comfiest feeling.
The only caveat is that when you have to work with a floating and tiling window at the same time, it gets quite annoying because floating windows will obstruct tiling ones, and you can't 'minimize' windows. Workarounds such as a scratchpad workspace, or stacking or tabbed mode are not optimal.

I use dwm because it's the only tag based wm I've found.

CWM
W
M

I used i3 because the keyboard shortcuts are top tier, but now I use Gnome 3 + Wayland in a default Fedora install. Only because I use some desktop applications for work that don't play very nicely in a WM.

SwayWM because I'm a wayland faggot

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Doing gods work
+1 RMS point for you

Why do you think I'm from reddit?

ncurses

Xfce