Man Loses Will to Live During Gentoo Install

Man Loses Will to Live During Gentoo Install

sudosatirical.com/articles/man-loses-will-to-live-during-gentoo-install/
it's satire

Other urls found in this thread:

sudosatirical.com/articles/ubuntu-fan-wakes-from-two-year-coma/
sudosatirical.com/articles/richard-stallman-interjects-local-mans-funeral/
sudosatirical.com/articles/theres-eighty-seven-percent-chance-linus-torvalds-hates-your-code/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty good.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

No_fun_allowed.jpg

Hey there's threads worse than this.
At least this thread give some keks to the contrary of the shit web browser thread that spawns from time to time

I call this GNU/b8

And I love it!

Literally the first good thread on Holla Forums in weeks.

You didn't like my BlackGirlCode and Atom Text editor threads? Man, that really hurts.

Yeah your threads are shit

Thanks, OP! I love these kinds of satire. This post is gold as well:
sudosatirical.com/articles/ubuntu-fan-wakes-from-two-year-coma/

sudosatirical.com/articles/richard-stallman-interjects-local-mans-funeral/

11/10

>>>/newsplus/
>>>/CNN/

This needs to get out there!

sudosatirical.com/articles/theres-eighty-seven-percent-chance-linus-torvalds-hates-your-code/

I installed hardened gentoo for the first time yesterday. It's not difficult. It's even easier than Arch if you ask me, based on the quality of the wikis. Gentoo's holds your hand even more than Arch does. The only real difference is compilation times (firefox took 20 minutes, how terrible), and that you're left with a better system than arch in the end.

Hey nice! I also installed Gentoo yesterday. Working with portage is a bit tricky, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Did you use the "--jobs=" option to use more cores ?

You could have just installed firefox-bin to save time. With massive programs like libre office i just install the bin.

My processor reports 12 cores (0-11) so I tried MAKEOPTS="-j12" in my make.conf which seems to be working alright. Though it only has 6 real cores so maybe 7 would be more appropriate. I'm still completely new to all this shit too. Portage and USE flags are a bit tricky to get started with but I"m getting the hang fairly quick. Just need to do some more wiki reading.

I kept hearing horror stories of it taking 8 hours to install so I wanted to try it myself.

The gentoo forums are pretty handy too. That's where I've been doing most of my trouble shooting.

True story. I would not be typing here from gentoo without them. Thankfully my problem had been solved already.

The best part? no systemd

Yes this is the first time ive used OpenRC as an init system, and so far so good. I need to figure out what's wrong with my boot times though because I have an SSD and it takes around 17 sec.

systemd-analyze blame
systemd-analyze plot > plot.svg
:^)

wtf command not found D:

B L O A T

I lol'd. The opposite is true, too. Get so fucking in love with gentoo, you die of dehydration and exhaustion fucking around with USE flags for every package just using ed for some autistic-ass reason.

Why isnt tech just named /g/? The quality of the two is nearly impossible to tell apart. Why did 8gag go to shit so quickly? Are redditors that bad?

it's not like we even want you here fuckstick

emerge bootchart2

No need to install systemd's piss-poor ripoff