We don't need Holla Forums

GOOD KUNG FU KINO?

I'm in the mood for some martial arts. Post your favorite Kung Fu movie. Preferably from the 70s. Bonus points for 10+ inch white eyebrows.

I really like The 36th chamber of Shaolin. I enjoy all movies where they actually train for a long time before they get good and not just find a light saber and immediately buttfuck a guy with it who practiced for years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCUpbgPbDccjoB9PxI-nI7oA
youtube.com/channel/UCyQryVsC4BYRkHNVHvxXcUg/feed
twitter.com/AnonBabble

well here's one from 1980:
The Young Master. Quality film, especially if you can get the uncut final fight scene between Jackie and W(h)ang Ing Sik, who's 'Sik' at Hap Ki Do (Tae Kwon Do's useful brother)
this was good, oh and now has reminded me of Shaolin vs Lama

I find it very difficult to pick, because there are some awesome modern ones; historical/crime/comedy etc. combos too. Personally, I've got to go with Fist of Fury. I saw this at around 5/6 years old, and lost my marbles. It's just Bruce Lee inflicting pure carnage, with enjoyable doses of racism and unintentional comedic gold in the form of Feng Tien's lines and 'kung fu'. All vengeance, all the time. Also, Yuen Biao and Jackie Chan are uncredited extras lel.

Old Jackie Chan movies.

This, btw, expect a lot of cheap noise.

I think you should check 80's martial arts movies too, OP. Mad stunts and cops - Police Story ('85 I think), is another personal favourite. Some proper fucking Wing Chun gung fu - The Prodigal Son ('84-ish), this has some of the best Wing Chun I have ever seen in any film, and really covers the
criteria. Sammo being fat and excellent as a bonus.
But going back to the early 70's, and ofc, if you're all about 'muh adversity', then The One-Armed Boxer is one to watch. You've also got Little Tiger of Canton ('71, remastered in ~'79 as Master with Cracked Fingers), which features youngest Jackie Chan and
try not to lose your collective shit at the horse sounds.
Another film that's had a yuge impact on me, being the first Bruce Lee film I ever saw at around 5 or so: Way of the Dragon. Iconic. Bruce fights Chuck Norris in the Coliseum, son. Ing Sik is in this too, as are Malisa Longo's tits, which made quite the fucking impression.

Young Master is great, as is Drunken Master, Master with Cracked Fingers, and my favorite, Fearless Hyena.
Old Jackie Chan films, even if they aren't very good, are still very good.

kek, I forgot about this! Typical Jackie-esque slapstick/pat-pat kung fu
second wind!
crying
Even into the 90's, his films were tip-top, Who Am I?, for example, with Africans and rooftop fight scene

Not OP, need names for torrent please and the name of a movie about 3 chinklets raised inna woods by his grandpa, an old chink general, the kids move to the city searching for grandma, they dont know a shit about technology and beat every dude.

Jackie is better (as comedy actor) and a lot of times their partners arent that good fighting, i remember him fighting a fat that launched punches after he evade them.

Sadly he was rekt after that, i remember old internet when autism blamed chuk for that.

Born invincible, Executioners From Shaolin and its sequel, Clan of the White Lotus, in that order. They're about evil tai chi masters with incredible powers. Very cool movies. The sequel to the 36th is really good, too. It had a second sequel, it's more meh but it's worth it

5 Deadly Venoms is good, so is The Kid With The Iron Fist. both shaw brothers

Forgot about Young Master. Gonna watch.

Return of the 18 Bronze Men is one of my favorites. First part (18 Bronze Men) is OK, too.

Does anyone know a movie from the 70s or 80s where the main actor has a hair style like the guy in the front, but when he fights he wraps the braid around his neck?
Also where can I watch those old kung fu movies?

3 Ninjas was epic

youtube.com/channel/UCUpbgPbDccjoB9PxI-nI7oA

Once Upon a Time in China films (Jet Li) maybe? Although those are early 90s… There are many dudes with Manchu braids, user
a good example of modern kung fu movies imo. Fearless and Ip Man are also exceptional.

yeah man, he just Zyzz'd out all of a sudden. So many conspiracy theories

current fave (joint with Ip Man) for modern martial arts movie

Chanbara is better tbh

Jet-Li wasn't in it.
The picture quality wasn't like any of the usual kung fu movies. The colors were more life like and hadn't that yellowish tint.
There weren't those exaggerated costumes.
I wish there was a comprehensive list with all kung fu movies of that time.

thanks

There's old Jackie Chan movies like said. Also Ip Man and 14 Blades.
Donnie Yen is a pretty cool dude.

all these.

Rob B Hood is probably the best kung fu movie I've seen recently. It has a sort of awkward scene in the middle, but it's kung fu babysitting done right.

Wheels on Meals

agreed. Apparently, it took him 6 months to get to the Wing Chun level we see in Ip Man; obviously he has prior martial arts experience, but still, 6 fucking months. I'd recommend Flashpoint and Killzone to you, Holla Forumsro

Heil'd for solid collection, except Skiptrace. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance, dunno. Not seen Rob B Hood though

that baby-faced motherfucker took me by surprise lel

this has me stumped atm. Anything else you can remember?

erm, that was not the picture I intended to bost wtf. I just wanted to post Game of Death

MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE IS MY SHIT HOLY FUCK.

Also good call on The Young Master

muh nigga

Ip Man 1 was OK, didn't care much for the other 2. Ofc martial arts movies today have better and faster fight choreography but they lack the charm of the 70s early 80s movies with their bad sound effects and crude humor. The only modern kung fu movie I like is Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

mah nigga, that movie is fucking great

This channel has loads of old kung fu movies.

youtube.com/channel/UCyQryVsC4BYRkHNVHvxXcUg/feed

Was coming to recommend Shaw Brothers. They made so many good ones.

Also, The Invincible Armour. Eye brow on eye brow action/

toptier tbh

watching it right now

moar kung fu eyebrows pls

Please never let a woman watch that movie ever, seriously.

I have a lot of love for the 90's and Saban directed it, so it have a very 90's power rangers feel. I should have left that one out due to my bias. Also I forgot to throw the Protector in there, but I'm sure almost everyone has seen that.

Also also, I wish more Kungfu movies weren't depressing as shit. There's a lot of Jackie movies on there simply because they don't end with everyone dying and the main character committing suicide.

that was pretty good.

Are there any kung fu horror flicks?

Yes. But their kung fu is weak.

Pardon me did you mention Master of the flying Guilotine?

while they are comparatively sanitized and hollywood-y, they both have great fight scenes
ok, taking YM as an example, the scene where Tiger and bumbandits free Kam from custody; that's not pat-pat, give-take - Ing-Sik (realistically) fucks guys up with serious speed and awesome moves. Bruce Lee was speed. So I wouldn't say modern MA films have an edge in that regard, but the potential to make fights more cinematic and ebin; ironically, this is often what ruins them via edgy cuts and angle changes that make no sense

Where do you guys get your movies? I tried looking for some of these and even some of the more recent ones from 2000 and onward but having more trouble finding proper torrents that I thought. Kat is shit and rutracker is an annoyance to sift through for movies.

Completely forgot they made a third movie. Watched it just now and it was still pretty good. Kind of a shame they kept teasing Bruce, but he never ended up getting much screen time.
wew

Thanks, gonna give those two a look.

I've been meaning to watch it. How's the sequel?

just jackie chan for start

The Raid has, in my humble opinion, some of the best fight choreography ever; the flow of expertly performed, perfect-case martial arts (in this case, Silat, I think) translates into gritty, visceral results. The combat is fluid - thus beautiful to watch - but not sterile. "A good fight should be like a small play, but played seriously". The Raid is a prime example of this, I feel.
I very much enjoyed it, because I didn't make the mistake of expecting Raid2ElectricBoogaloo. Although some of the characters survive into the sequel, the films have different scopes. They both also have phenomenal fight scenes. While R2 lacks the claustrophobic simplicity of R1, it has room to showcase a storyline reminiscent of your favourite gangster/action movie. Wait for the karambits, btw. That's a scene and a half

Goddamn, I can tl;dr about MA movies all day, sorry lads.
Anyone seen this? I was surprised by how good it was

Yep, it's a fun movie that doesn't tend to have the following of movies like The Five Venoms. Glad you guys took the time to watch it.

Five Element Ninjas is another Shaw Brothers film that is excellent. Sneaky Jap enemies abound.

Kung Fu Hustle. Memetic as fuck and reminds me of old Holla Forums somehow.

It's really good up till the last fight. It's cool to watch the main characters fighting style evolve through the film to become more brutal and can feel very real, but when he gets that mystic power at the end it breaks the immersion pretty bad. Still a solid 8/10

I was amused by how much longer Keanu's arms and legs were than Chen's in the last fight.

A trailer for… a Kung Fu trailer compilation. There's actually two volumes of this, Kung Fu Trailers of Fury and the trailers are usually contain the best 2-3 minutes of these films.

Return of Kung Fu Trailers of Fury (the 2nd vol)

nice, completely forgot about this

agreed, though my fanboyism suppressed my cringe, because I want to believe qigung can generate force powers

toplel. I didn't consider Keanu's hWhite Privilege; if there was any doubt that he was the bad guy…

Shaolin Soccer is really good kino but don't watch the miramax version. It's 20 minutes or so shorter and the dub is shit imho. Chinese original sound is much better.

It's so bad it's good.