WEW Keylogger found in Hewlett-Packard Audio Driver WEW

modzero.ch/modlog/archives/2017/05/11/en_keylogger_in_hewlett-packard_audio_driver/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

trisquel.info/en/forum/librem13-fully-free-time#comment-74207
youtube.com/watch?v=SRdLlaUmmpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The program which you are describing is a user experience improvement usage data reporting agent.
By no means this program is, as you describe it, a "keylogger"; and by making this false claim you are doing considerable damage to the reputation of my company.
I suggest that we resolve this situation with the immediately removal of this post of yours, or you will leave me no choice but to press defamation charges. My lawyer will contact you later today.

hehehehehehe

I'm on an Elitebook without connexant drivers, but by all means, I'm not even remotely in comfort after reading this.

From what I understand, the driver listens in on all key presses to detect when the user uses the multimedia keys; killing the driver (MicTray64.exe) stops the logging, but then the multimedia keys no longer work.

Why in the fuck is this driver even required? The media keys on my old Dell work without any additional software under both Windows and GNU/Linux, did HP decide to just reinvent the wheel and have keys that don't get recognized by the OS?

Genuinely curious

I wonder if this is a case of a Pajeet accidentally leaving logging running. It seems too stupidly implemented to be of malicious intent

Probably they gave the task to pajeet, who instead of using the tried-and-true solution decided to reinvent the wheel badly. It's either that or malicious because if you take an average programmer who does not poo in the street he won't build a fucking keylogger just to get the multimedia keys to work. But look at the upside, HP saved a few thousands on this. Thanks to their decision the laptops cost a fraction of a cent less to design, and all the savings are passed on to you if you owned their stock and sold it before they were found out

Is this satire?

I can't tell satire from reality any more

Hehehehe

Reality has turned into a parody of itself. Welcome to Poe's future.

> Using a browser supporting hover bloat
wew lad

All modern laptops are dogshit anyway. I got one and it's crap. Shit keyboard, shit widescreen, shit botnet cpu, just plain shit. This is just one more turd in a big pile of shit.

i`ve been running some anti-keylogger software for a while, its becoming important now lol

How fucking retarded can you be.

Should have got a job so you can afford apple products

? Surely it would be better to create an empty file with the same name, but make it non-writeable. If you deleted the file as they instruct it would only write itself again later, no?

Better yet, don't use HP's doxware.

There isn't anymore real apple products, after demise of PowerPC. Now they sell turds with apple logos.

Got sauce on that software?

How does that even work?

Note to self: Never buy an HP product again

So laptop recommendations today: no Microsoft, no HP, no Lenovo, no Dell.

Is there anything worthy besides system76 and Librem laptops?

I don't think Librem is "worthy", although things might have changed a bit recently.
trisquel.info/en/forum/librem13-fully-free-time#comment-74207
Libiquity.com and Vikings.net sell hardware that's truly freetard-compliant.

Apple, duh

got to love them nsa gag-orders

Homosexuality is forbidden in the bible.

build your own compute you pleb

Can it run linux ?

underrated post

yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=SRdLlaUmmpM

512k ram 2Ghz cpu is pretty underpowered, wouldn't it be better to score a cheap arm cpu and build around it ?

How do you make sure there's no hidden botnet inside?

No idea, isn't there a few of them who are completely documented ?

no. ARM is closed source and use proprietary blob.
you could try sparc

You run a complete suite of functions for the chip. The chip will output an answer and that answer should be exactly what you, the computer engineer, expect it to be.

well well well

Where can I get these cpus ?