What are the best Disney comics...

What are the best Disney comics? I'm not including franchises that just happen to be under Disney's umbrella like Marvel and Star Wars. I'm just talking about comics based on original Disney characters.

Other urls found in this thread:

btdb.in/torrent/vjz2MlGa06I4r38a6nYxiqPBQMrJZEI5ly1.html
duckavenger.blogspot.no/p/download-links.html
btdb.in/
dropfile.to/e1wdUzo
dropfile.to/nkHWHCX
dropfile.to/MeMvUwa
mixtape.moe
my.mixtape.moe/ahendj.cbr
my.mixtape.moe/dwzbcs.cbr
my.mixtape.moe/hsmjvi.cbr
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Donald Duck and Scrooge McDuck comics. Forever and always. Especially post-WW2 PTSD ridden Donald.

Didn't know Donald fought in the war.

Donald duck first version was pretty boring. He's too similar to Mickey so they revamped him to have vices that's pretty popular in that era. Before WW2 he's simply an emotional guy who's easy to anger. After WW2 they cranked his anger issues to 11. A lot of people speculated that it's based on many war Vets with untreated PTSD issues. He mellowed out in the 80s and 90s where he's still an emotional guy but not resorting to violence that often. The current modern day version of Donald Duck depict him as narcissistic guy with big ego but very rarely get violent.

If you want a more classic Donald, read the European comic version.

Its weird how the modern incarnations of Donald Duck and Daffy Duck have more in common than Mickey and Bugs.

At least the new Mickey shorts are back to showing Donald as RAGE DUCK.

If you have more of those dump them if you can, user.

Rage, yes. Confrontational? Yes. Instigating a fight? Sadly not that often. Only against monsters or non sentient beings. Probably to avoid angry parents.

Just ordered a complete set of English language Donald Duck series. I hope I can make story time thread next month after long holidays.

What are the best Disney comics?
The Italian ones.

Carl Barks' comics.

Oh fuck yes Paperinik. Donald are no longer a loser in this one. Awesome capeshit comic I say.

Bummer. I needed a few laughs today. I'll be waiting, user.

Don Rosa collection: btdb.in/torrent/vjz2MlGa06I4r38a6nYxiqPBQMrJZEI5ly1.html

That was great. Thanks for sharing, user.

Got a link for those, by any chance?

duckavenger.blogspot.no/p/download-links.html
You can also find torrents for the English fan translations of both series on TPB, and btdb.in/

Has Mickey Mouse Mystery Magazine only been partially translated? I can't find the later issues in English for the life of me.

As a chink this is amazing

Sadly yes.
PKNA is being given an official translation & release now, so maybe the fans will continue with the MMMM translations, or it could get an official release as well, if PKNA is a hit with US readers.

Damn he was hardcore in the war.

One was my favourite character from PK. Shame he gets killed off later.

Doesn't he return in the New Era series?

Does he?
I honestly can't remember because it's been so long.

I heard the euro donald comics were good

Does anyone have the original PKNA miniseries? It's the only part of the comic I don't have yet.

These shorts that were in the original PKNA issues, or the new PKNA New Era series?

The original three PKNA issues labled as #0/1-3

PKNA #0 – Evronians: dropfile.to/e1wdUzo
PKNA #0/2 – The Winds of Time: dropfile.to/nkHWHCX
PKNA #0/3 – Xadhoom: dropfile.to/MeMvUwa

Thanks

Old

Are they still publishing Donald comics in Europe?

Care to re-upload? Use mixtape.moe this time please.

Or Vola

Vola is temporary, I wanted a permanent upload.

PKNA #0 – Evronians: my.mixtape.moe/ahendj.cbr
PKNA #0/2 – The Winds of Time: my.mixtape.moe/dwzbcs.cbr
PKNA #0/3 – Xadhoom!: my.mixtape.moe/hsmjvi.cbr

Thanks

At least here in Germany we have a weekly comic book and a monthly paperback with stories featuring Disney characters.

I have some of them laying around. Most of the stories are kinda mediocre, but there were some really good ones. I've been thinking about scanning, translating and storytiming one or two, but I haven't gone through with it so far. Would you guys be interested?

Sure, man, go for it.

Alright, I'll see what I can dig up.

We really need more Donald Duck scanlation. Their abundance means no one think about archiving them. It will be lost in time.

Yeah, we've got Donald Duck weekly here in Norway. Don't remember how often the Donald pockets, $crooge pocket, Mickey Mouse comic are published, but we've got them as well.

Haven't read any of them in years though - it all went downhill in the early 2000s.

Sad to hear.

Now that's a proper PTSD Donald Duck.

Just need an edit now

That was fast, many thanks user!

How so?

I still have some hopes for the duck tales carroon.

Thanks for the links

If you have anymore Donald comics it would be great if you postd the rest.

What about the one where Scrooge, Donald and the nephews go by rocket to Mars and Venus to deliver a letter?

Who the hell is Vito?

What?

Wrong thread man

You know, the little ▶ on your posts isn't just there for the a e s t h e t i c , or to show that the Illuminatus really moderate this board.

Not like they actually care

Have you seen those new shorts? He's as violent as he was. Actually I believe his character has been reworked into being more apathetic and generally angrier, he's a lot more one dimensional though. Though they do claim he's never sailed a boat, which is just bullshit.

It gets better: apparently the US Army recognizes that he has served in the war. IIRC there's some propaganda material starring himself that you need the Army's approval to use for documentaries or something.

Which shorts? There's several shorts and most of them rarely show him go into full brawl. I got several old comics that pretty much show him jump into fight cloud.

I have 86 of these comics. I was thinking of making a huge dump thread where I post all of them, but wasn't sure if it'd be worth my time.

Here's another though.

Story time them slowly, don't dump them at once. One comic everyday so you have a lot of time to keep the thread afloat.

I love these adventures, they've got such scope, like the Fantastic Four meets Tintin.

Old comics in a nutshell. When they'd try to fit an entire story into an issue rather than stretching everything out like an anime trying to make filler.

So… who wants to read Lost in the Andes?

Still planning to dump another issue of Donald Duck? I mean you said you have 86 of em and there's only two here.

That's a different user, I only have Don Rosa comics. They're more detailed and accurate than most other authors.

It would take me over a month even if I posted 2 comics a day. I'm very bad at dedicating to anything for a long period, so I dunno.

I hope he does

webm, for people who prefer that.

Incident at Trump McDuck Tower

THIS
Especially Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck

ayyy

FUCKING CAPESHIT

thanks user

like said, different guy. I just posted this comic because it's regarded as a classic.

I do happen to have a ton of Carl Barks comics saved though

Most European Disney comics are from Italy and their first release is in the weekly Topolino (Mickey Mouse) Magazine. As far as I know, there are scans of every issue on the internet.

I envy your collection

A few edit and this would be an exellent jojoke…
sorry

Bumping for relevance and I kinda want to see it too

When you made that post, a new chapter had just been released.
To answer the question, One is currently in space with Everett. Meanwhile PK has a different AI from the Ducklair Tower as a substitute.

A lot of European comics actually feature a more grown up version Donald now, which makes sense considering he's been a super hero for years now.

So… what about Mickey Mouse?

I got some Floyd Gottfredson

This is made by Fantagraphics, there's some informative material first

(((SYLVESTER SHYSTER)))

Good times.

Thank you and good night

I always like what carl barks did and more recently don rosa.

You can't go wrong with the good old Mickey suicide strips

This might seem random, but does anyone happen to have issues #11, 16, 24, 31, 32, 28, 41, 45, and 47 of PKNA?

38, not 28, by the way.

Yes I do. I'm currently uploading to vola.

They're all uploaded.

A few years ago I made a (not very good) translation of a story in which Donald and the Nephews meet not-Cthulhu, you guys want me to dump it?

Oh hells yes.

Nice, but I'll warn you again, the translation was done in a hurry and since then I've been too lazy to work it over.

Wow, dumping sure is nice and easy here, I should do it more often.

Behold! Rl'yeh Sp'Too!

The monster was actually called Pf'legmwad in my German version, which totally went over my head the first time.

Those pages are quite hardcore for a Disney story, I usually don't expect body horror in my Duck comics.

And a lovely ending for a nice little story.

Thank you for keeping up with my shitty translations.

So I have these MAD Magazines…

Get ready for Mickey Rodent.

How many of us are doing these dumps anyway?

…that's it.

Thank

Dear God, I love old Mad

Thanks

A couple