Supernatural next season is going to have an animated Scooby Doo crossover episode

Supernatural next season is going to have an animated Scooby Doo crossover episode.
archive.is/R0x6L

Can't be worse than the Anime

Fingers crossed this means Gabriel's coming back, that fucker's episodes were always the best

At least they finally grew some balls and killed off half the main cast
I mean it'll obviously all be fixed within 6 episodes next season but it's the thought that counts
And hey, I hear they're finally winding the show down so maybe some of it will stick

Ever since the end of season 5, each additional season has pissed me off more than the last.

I'm sorry, user. You have more resilience than I do. I gave up around the end of season 10. I couldn't stand seeing one of the best written and (mostly) unpozzed tv series of the 2000s continuously get raped by god-awful, straw-grasping writing and tumblrina fanfiction being shoehorned into a once-great story about the importance of family over all else.

Sure, right after they negated the entirety of tension in the series by constantly reviving every single dead character for no fucking reason other than fan service. I heard they brought their mother back to life at the end of one of the newest seasons, and then brought Lucifer back and sealed him back in the Cage with a magic egg, which only negates the entire arc of the original 5 seasons.

They ran out of ideas from the start of season 6. The show was only meant to run 5 seasons, and Kripke told that story pretty well, with few loose ends left. It was a great story about two brothers and the importance of family above everything else in life, and how only through family can a man achieve true happiness. All told in a modern-day take on the Western genre.

I hope Supernatural gets cancelled, just so all the tumblr cunts who contributed in the mutilation of the series will be left unsatisfied.

How is it possible that Scooby Doo has managed to obtain such lasting cultural and media tendrils? It was the biggest pile of crap in the '70s and '80s and that's never changed. I am almost convinced that this is the product of some rich faggot pushing his awful idea onto people for decades until they became inured to it.

No user it's worse than that
They brought Lucy back, had him galavant around for a while as a rockstar and the president of the united states since his vessel was fucked, attempted to seal him back in the cage with a magic egg, had Crowley betray them by secretly putting him back in his vessel with a leash on, which he quickly removed, and then they sealed him away in a post-apocalyptic alternate universe because apparently headlining for The Flash and Legends for the last few years rubbed off on them

I gave up on season 9 and started it back up recently. I think it was the found footage episode that did me in.

I feel you. I hate how it constantly disappoints me by being unoriginal, stupid and predictable.

But oh well, I always go back to it. I once stopped watching it for like one and a half years, somewhere after leviathans, but then I came back.

But the meme about only the first 5 seasons being good and the rest shit is not really accurate.

The narrative was more confined, but the writing wasn't somehow better back then.

I actually sort of liked that they strayed farther away from the monster of the week episodes.

that was only like 2 seasons or something?
It's gone now, the one nerdy e-celeb is dead now.

Luci being back was fun though. I mean it was really stupid and I love how Luci still just punches Dean, without killing him directly, but whatever.

I gave up on think too hard about Supernatural long ago, but I still do it from time to time. The writing was and will always be shit.

I gave up by the time the Leviathans came around.

Watch them SWOOCE right in!

Crowley was my fav character I hope they do a spin-off series.

PLEASE NO FUCKKKK THATTTT

their spinoff rightfull failed, god fuck

I hope there's a decent body count.

.>>743467
I am pitching the idea to the producers.

A spin off about the Men of Letters would've been nice but the tumblr writers have decided that they should be bad guys this season.

This shit is still going? Women and faggots must be extremely loyal viewers

I am just bicurious, not a faggot.

Nope it will be only from the demons point of view ;)
Dark comedy ftw

Look at this urban faggot :/

Don't worry, it just shows in me liking the concept of hugging other guys.

>>>/oven/

They tried to do a spinoff about monster families of chicago and have it star the shapeshifter and some other dude but it never went past talks, thankfully. I hope season 13 is the end.

Same here.

it was one of their best ones at that time, they produced so much crap in the 70s half of which I've never heard of

Don't they have the death scythe that kills everything including God without any chance of return? They don't use that anymore?

At the very least they're hitting episode 300, which is halfway through season 14

The death scythe fell apart when they killed Death with it.
The First Blade was destroyed when they let Amara out.

In this season they:
>Revealed that angel blades never worked on archangels like Lucy anyway which come to think of it Gabriel probably should have known before he sacrificed himself
They clearly don't give a fuck about juggling super powerful weapons, demon/angel blades are the only thing they're comfortable with existing for longer than half a season, and that's probably because they're in too far to get rid of the angel blades completely

I would watch a spin off of the parallel universe where Lucifer wins and fuck with the world spreading the croatoan virus

(1)
I disagree. I thought the writing from seasons 1 to 5 was much better than now. The long-term characters had more subtlety. Dean, especially. Dean's whole story arch besides the parallel with Michael and Lucifer, but I'll get there in a second was that he was a smooth, care-free, womanizer. The cowboy every man wanted to be. But it's shown throughout the series that Dean is dead inside. The lifestyle of sleeping with a different woman every few days and getting hammered after a successful kill was unfulfilling, and only having a family of his own made him happy. Then there was the business of Sam and Dean paralleling Lucifer and Michael. Hints why they were the respective vessels for said angel. The shows thematic message of family was developed constantly throughout the first 5 seasons, but after season 6 (which wasn't bad, just unnecessary) was pretty much dropped. Dean had no more emotional problems living the hunter life and Sam didn't care either. No, instead they have Dean abandon his family so he can go keep being the same dead-inside man he was before. Even the subtleties of Lucifer's character, as a power-hungry archangel searching for power because his father's vision wasn't the vision he had for himself, and his arrogance born of being the greatest and strongest of the archangels, and his cruelty from his view that humans were lesser beings that represented God's distaste and enslavement of his original children, were all pissed away in the new seasons. First, they explain that Lucifer was only made evil by the Mark of Caine. To put it bluntly: fuck you, writers. His personality has no meaning, now, because his fall from grace wasn't based on character flaws and arrogance, but rather just a magic mark that made him bad. Then they bring Lucy back for another few episodes with God's Sister, where he has a little counseling session with God, where instead of acting as the arrogant, power-hungry angel he once was, he act like a bratty child who doesn't want to talk to his meanie dad. Sure, that aspect actually was in his character back in season 5, but it took Gabriel to explain that, because it was meant to be a subtle part of his character, not his defining personality trait. Then after that they just said "fuck it" to getting Lucy's character right, and just had him go around the country murdering indiscriminately and playing rock music. It's flanderization if I've ever seen it.

Then they keep pulling ideas out of their asses with little to no buildup. It seems like every season, now, we get a new toy that can "kill anything". First the colt, then Ruby's knife, then angel blades, the First Blade, then Death's Scythe. Come up with something new, already. At least the Colt and Ruby's knife had limitations, at first. The Colt only had so many bullets, and the Knife turned out to only kill demons but not angels. That's fine, because it's a one-time upgrade. Every time we get a new superweapon the idea is that it can "kill anything, even the new big bad!". Every time. "It can kill anything!" And it never does. There's always a bigger bad to be introduced next season, and a new toy to kill it and be sold at Supernatural conventions. They keep recycling the same idea over and over and never do anything new. At least they got off the cycle of Sam and Dean get angry at each other, split off, and get back together next episode. Then there are the new deus ex machinas all over the place. Everything has a convenient end with a nice ribbon tied on top. Be it a new weapon they'd never heard of before, the vampire cure in John's journal (even though Dean said in season 1 that they didn't believe vampires exist because John didn't write anything about them in his journal), the magic egg, the parallel universe bullshit, a stick with blood that can kill Leviathan, the Colt showing up when they need it, and so on.

Honestly, not all post-Season 5 seasons were awful. 6 was decent, 8 and 9 were okay, but 7, 10, and 11 were god awful. They all have one thing in common though: they were all unnecessary and not as good. The story and themes were contained within the first 5 seasons, and the show didn't need to go any further. In going further, it contradicted the end of the series and all of the thematic buildup. In that thematic sense, every season after 5 was awful.

(2)

The fuck?
Ruby did it, so it's not impossible as long as the explanation isn't stupid.
The fuck? Why?
Kinda makes the Colt obsolete, and begs the question why God would give angels blades that can be melted down by some jackoff in a motel.
But the archangels all fought with angel blades, Gabriel the archangel was killed with an angel blade, Michael attacked Lucifer with an angel blade, what full is this?

I'd watch that, as long as they get Lucy's character right.

Oh user it's even worse than that
They can be melted down by some jackoff in a post-apocalyptic wasteland without modern technology

Huh, forgot about that
I guess the writers did too
Or maybe they're pulling the whole "he's a special snowflake angel" thing
Which would actually make some sense since the colt couldn't kill him either, though I don't remember if it's been shown that it can kill other archangels

Lucifer said there are only a few creatures in all of existence that can't be killed with the Colt. Presumably he was talking about archangels.

Ask this question, though: Why would God arm archangels Gabriel said the blade was his and "That thing could kill me" if they couldn't kill other archangels with them? Why did Gabriel attack Lucifer if it couldn't kill him? Why did Michael fight Lucifer with the angel blade if it couldn't kill him? It doesn't make any sense.

Because they thought they could kill him with it
Again, it would be incredibly retarded but they're probably working on the logic that Lucy's special compared to other archangels

It's the same Colt, Crowley stole it.
Was there since at least season 4.
Crowley did it back in season 8.
Yes, but Gabriel and the rest of archangels have archangel blades that kill more shit, including archangels. Pretty sure it was mentioned that Gabriel had one of those.

It doesn't matter anyway since the bad guy will always knock the one weapon out of their hands, punch one of them in the face a few times, say a speech and get stabbed in the back by somebody and die.

Thing is, God's original plan was for Michael to kill Lucifer in battle, which would require he have a weapon that can, presumably, kill Lucifer. You're right, this is retarded.

Kali in Hammer of the Gods was the only character to refer to it as an Archangel's Blade. There was no difference in appearance, nobody in-the-know ever mentioned or implied that they were different, just one non-angel character said "archangel" instead of the shorter "angel". If they were intended to be different, the prop guy would have been told to make them look, at least, a little bit different.

I mean I guess
But the original colt was in a stable time loop, so it wouldn't make sense for it to be taken out of that

Hands of God would still be on the table
Would be kind of retarded for the final battle between heaven and hell deciding the ultimate fate of the world to be settled with a west side story knife fight

rip cas

They'll all be back within an hour
Which would be obvious just from their track record even without knowing the actors signed on for next season

God was sitting out of the whole ordeal, tho.

Angels have more abilities than just stabbing each other, you know. If the on-screen battles between angels were any indication, it would not have been a west side story knife fight. Even the angel battles were there was minimal power use were still pretty good. Not to mention the battle would have "torched half the planet".

Hands of god are artifacts introduced in season 11. These are objects that were touched by god himeslf and still have some of his power. An angel or a powerful demon can absorb that power and do a lot of damage with it, but the object is depleted afterwards.

Also, in season 11 angels literally sent a ray of light down from heaven and nearly killed god's sister, so they are prett powerful.

Humans can use them, it just kills them

That's stupid. Does that mean Chuck's house can be a Hand of God, or in this case, a House of God?

How god's sister got defeated?

Presumably "touched" is in the metaphorical sense in this case

Her and god made nice and went on vacation
100% serious

Whatever. It's an option, now, and that opens a major plot whole as to why, if the angels had these to begin with, they didn't use them. But that's par for the course in this show by now.

They didn't and they couldn't really. Killing either god or amara would result in the destruction of the universe. She could be killed safely only if god died at the same time.
Their plan was to get together thousands of souls (each containing the energy of a thousand suns) tie them together into a bomb and blow her the fuck up. But then Dean went soft and started going on about family and you know how that goes.

They don't have them, they're powerful biblical artifacts spread around the world
Of the three they showed, two of them ended up with Crowley from his deals with humans over the years and the third was lost at sea/used up via time travel shenanigans

Then that means Crowley's known about them for a while, and would have used one on Lucifer to stop the apocalypse.

Yeah probably
I don't dispute that the writers are hacks, it just helps to know exactly how they screwed up and where they didn't cover their tracks

The black messiah appeared again?

No they forgot about him

Uhh no, user.

I know at least one episode was created, because I watched it. Not the whole thing, more like skipped through it.

same one

that was possible way earlier

I always thought that the newly created bullets were weaker than the other ones, but I guess not.

I think it's more about lazyness.

I mean you see Lucifer literally punch Dean and they weren't even bothering to have him fly 5 meters away.
They still did the usual "telekenetic push" on Cas to show that he is strong like they always do.

Blades also always act the same fucking way.

I mean everything you said is valid, I completly agree, but that still doesn't make the early Supernatural a very good show. It's still just rather meaningless entertainment.

You know the funny thing though is that this is literally how every single villain acts.
Always chaotic stupid.

I mean look at the female leader of the british men of letters. She even reached for the gun, so Sam could kill her with it being self-defense.

That's how they always do it.

Only Ruby and Crowley were different, but it was more fueled by the desire of the writers to keep them around.

Also agree with literally everything you said here. Also the "power upgrades" is what I mean with the narrative being more confined.

The numbers honestly don't tell me anything. I only once started to rewatch Supernatural from the beginning and that must have been around season 6 or so.
Also don't you just hate how they immideatly resolve situations like with Dean being in hell, etc. I would have liked to actually see him be there more. I mean how many years has it been for him there? 30 years or something?

wasn't he already dead one time and literally was brought back by god?

I think Crowley isn't coming back though.
thank god tbh

Oh user, you are ADORABLE as fuck.
How about you tell the writers about that, because they don't seem to know that anymore.

No, because as the god compass proved, he can just will these things to happen or not.
The God Compass stopped working, because God didn't want to be found.

But user how else is Supernatural going to continue the "monster of the week" cycle.

You just know that Luci's son Jack is either going to be evil or be bearly interacted with by the Winchesters to make room for monster of the week stuff.

I mean I wish they did something else, but you know they won't.

It was just a backdoor pilot

oh okay

it really wasn't surprising it didn't get continued

You're on the wrong board if you're looking for anything too deep and meaningful. But I disagree with that, too. The whole theme of the show is the importance of family. It sends a good message: that a degenerate lifestyle of cross country drinking and sex with a different woman leaves a man unfulfilled, and only through a family can a man fill the void he tries filling with depravity. Sure, there are a lot of meaningless episodes, but the message of the show is solid.

Shit/10 won't even watch