Alright Holla Forums tell me your ideas for a /tg/ related cartoon

Alright Holla Forums tell me your ideas for a /tg/ related cartoon.

Ultra-violent SPIKE TV sort of animation partnered with some Japanese studio using a mix of CG and 2D animation. Start it like a trench warfare meets GoT sort of action then slowly explore the drama and dark lore through visual means. Heavy metal soundtrack of course.

I'd do a fantasy based series centered around a grizzled war veteran with the concept 'kid transported to fantasy world' 15 or so years later. This of course would be done mostly through subtle traits of the character until far later in the show.

I wouldn't go for a particularly dark theme, but focus on a very much more bleak one. Not to pull that 'there are no good decisions' bullshit but characters that will occasionally decide not to put themselves on the line for others.

Some of the /tg/ would be expressed in the central character and how others interact with him. They wouldn't understand why he does what he does and train how he trains but the audience would quickly recognize that he's power gaming. He's aware of the systems of the game, how to exploit them, and even of threats nobody else can possibly know about. Maybe even push it out so far and have his past involve a meteoric rise in rank in an army until he met Chancellor Nefarious and actually recognized the veiled language where he immediately resigned his position to avoid that bullshit. Maybe even have that be what he's most known for by that villain 'how ever did you know of my true intentions?'

The cast would mostly just be the latest forming around him. Starting with a longtime companion. I dunno, make it a sexy tiger-woman warrior. Fuck you, I like BoF2. Then add in more interesting characters as time goes on. A living clockwork golem spell-assembler, ratling thief, minotaur javelin thrower or whatever.

The over-arching plot can be this group traveling around the twilight hours of a war between two kingdoms that are just about both ready to throw in the towel. In the setting 'adventurers' would be disinterested third parties with paperwork that lets them cross the boarders to help citizens with problems the military and guard would usually cover. All the while dealing with deserters, war weary soldiers and generals, fanatics that want to re-ignight the war at any cost and diplomats desperately trying to reach peace.

I always had a soft spot for the old DnD cartoon as well as Arthur and the Knights of Justice cartoons. I figured if you took that basic concept and removed a lot of the tropes of the time as well as laser focused 'kid demographic' you could get a legitimately great story.

Sounds a lot like RE:Zero with the time skip at the start.
I'm not saying this to shit talk your idea, I'm just saying this because you might like it if you haven't heard of it already.

For a 40k cartoon to work each episode must be about each faction

with each MC dieing at the end

Why not just look for the best recorded DnD sessions and turn it into an animated series? I remember there's one with the entire group went on their own way and it became more ridiculous as the story goes.

I am aware of REzero and take that as an insult.

Seriously, fuck that series. Fuck that cast. Fuck that protagonist. Fuck the writing. Fuck the fanbases. I absolutely hate that shitty series.

All I could think of.

That picture is basically anime the table top game anyway

Trips confirm

Call of Chuthlu but with something similar to the characters of the Warrior's books

So basically this, but with edricht horror rituals instead of suplexes?

Lovecraft with cats?

Continue the classic Dungeons & Dragons cartoon. But in the new season they occasionally get planeshifted to other worlds.
First up, Athas (Dark Sun). Having what magic items they have it should be a simple matter to become god-kings. Pity they don't play the meta

or it could be text-to-speech emperor's proposed Farsight cartoon

Well, the answer that a lot of people default to is that they'd want to run a campaign and then have it intercut with either live or animated reenactments of the events of the game. There's been a few people who have tried it, and there's a lot of "gamer humor" kind of webcomics and stuff about it. They're generally kind of terrible. Like the Mtn Dewritos of /tg/ humor, if you ask me.

I'd actually like to see a cartoon that's about people playing an RPG with the action and story of the game being animated as part of the show. Arguments and out of character discussion could take place by having the camera pan up from the battlefield, for instance, to show the players sitting around the world, looming over it and looking down at their characters. Out of game drama and character interactions would make up a smaller portion of the show, but you could still have that episode where the GM is running out of inspiration and the plot revolves around him trying to capture that spark, walking around town and watching TV while thinking of different ways the player characters might handle different plot ideas.

That format also gives you room to do a couple interesting things. Like having the scripts be partially written by having writers, artists, and directors sit down at the table and play a game, then turn their session notes into the script. This also means character deaths are a possible thing, and various fuckery like bad storytelling or plotholes become an element of the overarching story, rather than strictly a detriment.

This is how Record of Lodoss War was written, and partially how the guys from Sun Creature studio work on the scripts and ideas for the Alethrion series.

What's cool is that you could have mini arcs and one-shot episodes where the group plays a different game or the players at the table rotate out to bring in new players. Like a minor plotline where the GM character is sick or has work or family obligations come up and game gets put on hiatus for a few weeks, so they play a cyberpunk campaign.

And for merch.. You could sell an actual game system based on what the characters in the show have been playing! How cool would that be?

Cute girls doing cute things in Sigil, with occasional trips to other campaign settings.

Not to shit talk your idea, but it sounds like the dime a dozen weeb novels of similar premise. I would love to see the story well done and nothe second into absolute OPness or harem shit, but you have a bad rap stacked against you.

That's exactly why I want to see it. It's an idea that keeps getting fucked up, there HAS to be a decent story in there somewhere.

And I'll be dead and rotting before I debase myself with trash like Sword Art Online.

There's an episode of community where the entire plot is them playing a game of DnD. It's literally just them sitting around the table talking, and it's fantastic.

Incidentally, it's maybe the most accurate and loving tribute to D&D ever done by a network sitcom.. and it's still pretty bad and riddled with errors and weird interpretations of how these games work.

The second D&D episode with the Dean is pretty good too.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the errors are them trimming the rules down to make enough shit happen in 30 minutes

It's still leagues better than something like The Big Zimbabwe Theory, but they definitely took some liberties just to make it a coherent episode.

Adventure Time but without the autism

done

"Son, we need to talk"

A cartoon for adults based on the World of Darkness games by White Wolf. Maybe do it in the style of the old HBO Spawn cartoon. Plenty of violence and sex, along with political scheming and occult mystery. There's tons of plot ideas in the old metaplot.

I dunno man some white wolf shit is kinda preachy

I like Hunters but the fucking vampires,werewolf and witches could get annoying

So something like HarmonQuest, but wholly animated and scripted?

If they based it off of Chicago books and eliminated preaching, it could have some potential.

Even the hunters arent safe the all female hunter group went from killing anything magical until uhoh we accidentally killed a witch so were just gonna focus on vampires. its even referenced that compared to the other hunter groups that arent government associated or secret society seemingly are gaining alot of power and even have witches in charge of them.

Taskforce VALKYRIE or bust

As long we dump the Masquerade, and all the dumb ass shit that forces it to remain.

The Technomages are an underground resistance movement, not the dominant world power because muh muggles.

Masquerade as in Vampire books, or as the aspect of the world that makes supernatural entities hide in society?

The 2nd. After a few too many info binges, I got real fucking tired of every single contortion that happened just so you could neatly lay the game over real life.

Like no, fuck that shit. Just write the damned alt history of humanity being ruled over by warring immortals.

Its gets so fucking stupid that a setting that, beyond the antes, is semi street level, goes full Exalted in how fuck ass retarded it gets.

HURR DURR YUR OMNIPOTENT AINT OMNIPOTENT ENOUGH, THE FUXERADE MUST CONTINE FOR MUH BAWWWTISM.

Just goddfucking damn. Every time and crossover is discussed. "NUUH UH, THIS OBSCURE PIECE OF LORE SHITSTOMPS YOUR FACTION BECAUSE….

MUH MASQUROVKA. UH DURRRR".

It goes from an interesting setting to just fucking pajnful.

" The Vamlires keep the Masaurade going because its nice"

But what if???

"No, fuck you The derpocracy does it too and they have super spiritbomb nukes"
But whT if..

And then the power scaling just gets haywire. All to justify the status quo.

There is no other setting like it that goes to such insane, mind boggling lengths, irrelevant to anything in the game or main setting, just to keep the status quo.

Its real retarded.

car wars or call of cthulhu….

That's a big turn off for me with those games too.

The setting is far more interesting if people know about what's going on, just not necessarily who's in on it.

Series based on Scythe, where you can see leaders develop strategies and trying to outmaneuver their opponents, average soldiers just dealing with their duties, factory workers and engineers doing their best to meet goals and innovate, and peasants handling war theater around them. Ideally each group in each faction would get two to four episodes.

Another idea that I have is much simpler. Two paladins and a cleric traverse Ravenloft and are trying to get out of there. On the way they slay monsters, seek out information on how to leave, and occasionally team up with other beings that are attempting to escape the realm.