Is the Fantasic Four the best team of the Silver Age...

Is the Fantasic Four the best team of the Silver Age? I wish they were more popular now but it seems like Marvel had no idea what they were doing trying to do with it's recent films but I have vague fond memories of reading Four comics in the early 2000s

Marvel didn't make any of those

Yes, because Jack Kirby wrote all of the issues. Stan would say "The Fantastic Four fight GOD!" and Jack Kirby would go off to make a story about a planet eating giant called Galactus with a herald named the Silver Surfer.

You can tell through the dialogue that was the case. It's jarring to go from the New Gods, where Jack wrote his own scripts, to The Fantastic Four, where Stan slows tight pacing down to a crawl because he wants to be verbose.

What do ya think about the DC carbon copy version?

Damn, Galactus got better fashion sense back then.

>was also created by Jack Kirby

No, that would be the Metal Men.

Jack Kirby created the Challengers as well, so it's less a carbon copy and more like the vision he had for the Fantastic Four.

Well it sure wasn't the Inferior Five.

As long it's written like classic Mad Magazine comic I'm in. Also their driver is a Chinese guy. They're gonna die.

I'll story time an issue quick.

Ha ha, Man from U.N.C.L.E. parodies.

OMG you're da MVP dude. Thank you for the upload.

Review: So the humor can be a bit hit and miss but I love it. Not as hilarious as MAD Comics but it still got genuine laugh from me, especially the "I'd hit her with a man instead!" It also got several background gags like MAD Magazine but not as intense. Understandable though, drawing them can be tiresome.

Oh and we need rule 34 of Dumb Bunny now.

Funnily enough the first thing Stan said upon seeing the Silver Surfer was 'Who the fuck is that?'

They were fantastic.

To be fair, working in comic industry, especially the creative division tend to create the "What the fuck is that?" moments everytime someone came out with a new character or new character design for old character.

The point of the story was that it repudiates Stan's whole 'I created the Silver Surfer' claim

Early Fantastic Four are some of the most fun comics ever.