(((The Economist))): "Europe/America may have to get used to a world with fairly regular terrorism"

Learning to live with it - People are surprisingly good at coping with repeated terrorist attacks. In America and Europe, they may have to be

IT HAS been an edgy summer in France. Since the horror of Bastille Day, when Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhel killed 86 people in Nice, heavily armed soldiers have patrolled the beaches. In late July fanatical Muslims murdered a Catholic priest in Normandy. France remains in a state of emergency after gunmen affiliated to Islamic State (IS) killed 130 people in Paris last November. Next year’s presidential election threatens to be a competition over who can sound toughest on terrorism.

Last week Nicolas Sarkozy, a former president, launched his campaign to get his old job back. As well as calling for a national ban on the “burkini”, a modest swimsuit favoured by Muslims, he has proposed the detention or electronic tagging of potentially thousands of people who are on a list of Islamist-inspired security threats. If he wins his party’s nomination, Mr Sarkozy could be the less nativist of two second-round candidates for the presidency. The other would be Marine Le Pen of the National Front.

Germany, too, remains on high alert after two Islamist attacks and a shooting rampage by a mentally unstable teenager in July. It is boosting spending on its police and security forces. Eight state interior ministers from the ruling Christian Democrat party met on August 18th to back a raft of measures, including restricting dual citizenship for Germans of Turkish origin and banning the burqa. Some reports suggest that the government will soon advise citizens to stockpile food and water in case of a major terrorist attack.

In America, meanwhile, mass shootings in San Bernardino and Orlando have forced terrorism into the presidential race. In August Pew, a pollster, reported that Americans wanted Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump to spend more time debating how they would protect America from terrorism than debating the economy. Another poll conducted earlier this year asked the 83% of its respondents who said they followed IS news closely whether the group was “a serious threat to the existence or survival of the US”. No less than 77% agreed with this extraordinary suggestion.

Even when the caliphate is defeated in Iraq and Syria, as it surely will be, the threat to the West seems likely to persist. And the kind of attacks IS encourages are fiendishly hard to prevent. Anyone can rent or steal a lorry and drive it at a crowd. Especially in America, it is all too easy to buy high-powered automatic weapons that can kill scores of people in moments. Neither great planning nor great intelligence is required to carry out such attacks. Even when the perpetrators are on the radar of the police and security services—and by no means all are—there is no guarantee they can be stopped, given the sheer number of potential jihadists.

Thus it seems likely that much of Europe and America will have to get used to acts of Islamist-inspired terrorism becoming, if not routine, at least fairly regular occurrences. The challenge for open, liberal societies is how they should respond to that threat, particularly at a time when popular confidence in traditional political elites has sunk so low. Above all, the danger is of over-reaction.

(1/2)

archive.fo/gcA8A

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/S5NCB
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

(…)

As terrorism becomes routine, its capacity to shock diminishes. Gradually, the news media lose interest. One study of four attacks on Israelis in 2002 and 2004, all of which killed between eight and eleven people and injured 50-60, found that the main television channels began to devote less time to attacks and ratings for the news programmes dropped. Politicians also exhaust their capacity for hyperbole and settle for a tone of grim defiance.

(…)

Last year General Michael Flynn, Donald Trump’s adviser on national-security issues and a former head of the Defence Intelligence Agency, did just that. He described the terrorist enemy as “fuelled by a vision of worldwide domination achieved through violence and bloodshed” that was “committed to the destruction of freedom and the American way of life”. That may indeed be how IS thugs see themselves. But why should anyone sensible be so keen to validate their boasts?

To his credit, Mr Obama has consistently warned about the consequences of using hyperbolic language to describe the terrorist threat. In a TV address last December, after the San Bernardino shootings, he explained that success against IS and other terrorists “won’t depend on tough talk or abandoning our values, or giving in to fear”. Instead, he said, America would prevail by being strong and clever, resilient and relentless. Mr Obama is right. Defeating terrorism depends above all on good intelligence, a degree of stoicism and a refusal to allow it to undermine the principles that open societies are built on.

(2/2)

Isn't this great? We are forced to live in a police state because kikes and leftist cunts force us to have mudslimes in our countries.

Implying things will just stay as they are without revolt from the native population.

Sorry, wrong archive link:

archive.is/S5NCB

Unless we start deporting them, nothing will change.

Islamic terrorism has been a huge problem since the end of WW2

This paves the way for a right wing revolution across Europe.

I wonder why :^)

Yeah, because we couldn't simply secure our borders and deport shitskins. That's against "human rights," so we just need to put up with being randomly killed until Muslims finally take over our nations.

The most concerning this is this new generation doesn't even know the world use to be safe

Yeah, but Eurofail and 'Muricah have been relatively safe. They mostlt contained it to the middle East since the Napoleonic wars.

Until we imported kebab.

I wonder if they would say that if it where us doing the terrorising.

Europe is basically done. Just like the US their militaries will fight against nationalists.

boss: Why were you late again?

employee: Some terrorist decided to blow up the elementary school down the road from me, they killed hundreds of children, body parts all over the street, got stuck in traffic waiting for a detour

boss: well make sure you stay late to make up the time lost and call ahead next time

employee: I will, these terrorists attack at the most inconvenient times.

boss: yea, they have no decency making people late to work

That all depends on one thing. Breaking down the narrative.

The Jews are preparing us for endless war, as part of their global master plan for control.

Islamic terrorism has been a huge problem since 7th century

REMOVE

I guess the jews can be happy with a future behind a wall listening to only music they produce, reading what they kept or produce, watching what they produce, not having to parasite because there wont be anyone to parasite on anymore and having a real fun figuring out the frustration and depression of their failed future prophecy that will never come true.

Surely such existence must be among the highest of pleasures to be ruling over retards who nonstop revolt against each other and waiting for the next natural catastrophe to wipe them all out.

At that point the jew might as well kill himself. There is nothing for him in life anymore. His entire existence was a lie through evolution. Im pretty sure he will be happy about it. Maybe he will think that they have to perform group suicide of themselves to summon their non existent god to show up. Im sure that will cheer them all up.

Just need a good ol cognitive gymnastics with a little bit of trauma to kick a great fortune of theirs.

Have fun. The last man standing should not to forget to die once he is finished.

That's what they're counting on though. They will do everything in their power to ensure that there is no serious revolt until we're all coffee coloured mongrels with no identity and ideals of our own.

We are basically out of time to break down the narrative. Here in the US Mexicans were a majority of middle school students back in 2014.

We're at the "need to literally kill them on every corner, shell their neighborhoods, and send death squads to every high school" level. And Trump's people just aren't up to it.

You look at Europe and their birth rates, these migrant waves were a kill shot on top of the already essentially lost demographic war in the younger generations. Countries like France and England are completely and totally owned by Gulf Arab capital and defense contractors can't stay solvent without Muslim money. They own the countries, they physically and literally OWN them.

Its too late guys. The jews will pay for it though. The price is too high and they want to pay such a price.

The only thing right now that makes me sad and frustrated is I wont see their generations faces once they realize they destroyed the world for fairytales. Shit is going to be priceless for such a picture. I would kill myself hundreds of times to see that face.

I'm not a defeatist scum like you and the rest of faggots who think there is no hope ITT, you didn't understand my post, I just tried to explain their mindset.

Kikes will overplay their hand eventually, they always do. They'll try to put kosher "Nationalist" puppets to wrap it up, which may work in US, but it won't work in Europe, at least not for a long time.
They'll wish that Hitler had won the war when things start slipping through their greedy and disgusting fingers.

whites are being denied our identity and a non-white culture is being imposed on us.

If you want to stay delusional go right ahead.

The longer other cultures are promoted via TV and mix in with our own culture the more you identify with that their culture.

Islamic terror never has really been a problem, it just no longer is something that can be used as a weapon against our enemies.
We can snuff it out within 4 years through direct military action and economic re-alignment, but the true objective of islamic terrorism as a weapon is to break down Christian socieities in preparation for Jewish Communism. Islam is a mere weapon, and will never actually control anything. Once it has outlived its usefulness, newly formed Communist armies will crush it like a bug.

Christians have let Jews run the table because of the idiotic obsession with the Return of Jesus (it won't happen).

A future event I'm looking forward is death and torture squads unmasking the writers at (((The Economist))) then publicly executing them.

Hilarious how these Jews never learn. If they kept it at a slow boil, whites might not have started waking up so soon. They always have to push things too far.

The ones who did that are heretics of the utmost depravity. Honestly the inquisition should have nixed that particular bit of bullshit before we got to this stage. May the lord have mercy on us when the return does happen. And fuck those presuming to not merely know the hour but to force it too. Fucking assholes "thou shalt be as gods" the first line of every deathly and devastating ideology in human history.

That article really is blatant, in your face shilling. Absolutely disgusting.

This.

Source?

FEED ME MUSLIMS AND BLACKS
I MUST GROW

We need to take a rural and countryside living style so that when we do wage the fight, we can destroy the urban non-whites and borgeiose kikes.

It means you can do things like poison or cut off water supplies, fight and hide in difficult terrain and trigger rioting in urban cities without the consequence. Every riot is in our favour.

That's bullshit and everyone knows it.

The infantry and soldiers are incredibly radical. They are angry, fascistic and willing.

They despise their higher officers, they fell like no one remembers their efforts in Afghanistan and Iraq and they came back to misery.

We need to join the military, police and intelligence services, pushing ourselves deep inside it.

Try coming back to leftist calling them murderers and the government outright shitting on you both publicly and privately, nobody remembering what they did what the least of things. I know lots of vets who only know war and war alone.

This, we need to get independent from the systen as much as we can.
Buy as much land as you can and ensure you can produce enough food and firewood for your family, that's the best way to prepare fornthe happening.

You might just be the most bluepilled mother fucker I've ever seen post here.

I dont know how it is in the US but in europe they will rather kill nationalists and they dont even hide it.

Evil nazis and shit must be killed and stuff and they also really like to only recruit people who have mercenary personalities so its all about money.

The army was already purged of the good ones. Might as well start partisan warfare and lose anyway because at least half of population will ally with government, jews and army. They also have their new jihadist addition to army and police forces.

In merica, every single soldier I've ever met hates the democrats for their bullshit, but they're probably just run of the mill cuckservatives.

There's a difference between "haha I sure hate those democrats" water-cooler talk and being willing to actually do something about it

American soldiers are subhuman garbage.

Europe is much more cucked than the US, particularly in terms of military behavior.

And American soldiers are the sorts to actually potentially do something about it.

Nah, they're not 'subhuman', they're just largely cunts.

Dumb asses looking for gibs, murderous ZOG merc-types, and cuckservative patriots abound, granted; but still plenty of decent ones out there.

That's right goyim, don't defend yourselves. Just cuck down and take more dildos up the ass.

Subhuman.
Subhuman.
Subhuman.

Stop fighting reality because you have a personal and/or emotional attachment to whatever you imagine "America" to be.

Do whatever bidding their masters have, like the good little zogbots they are.
You need to look no further than the crackdown on the bonus army, if you want to know what your soldiers are like

Just as planned.

It sounds like the juden would love RWDS.

I'm sure the ZOG in power will get away with it, especially when they remove the peaceful way of removing these incompetent puppets.
Once the alphas take over, these people will hang.

We are at war. In a war you kill the enemy. Just a completely not advocating violence thought.

In the US case, the Mexicans are Christian, so it's not a problem.

The economist are such kikes that they dont even use bylines. Everything there is written by interns or fed to them by various interested parties.

Kill yourself immediately.

Many mexicans are actually satanic-tier paganism
Do not trust your Home Depot dweller, some were kicked from Mexico for a reason

Their level of commitment to semitic fairy tales isn't the issue – they aren't White.

Neither is America

That scene was a blatent Carry On Up The Khyber rip-off! Also it looks like it may have inspired Lady Gaga, lol!

Yeah, that's the problem we're looking to fix here.

If this were happening in the black and white tv days, the Middle East and Africa would be getting used to fairly regular nukings.