Minds, the real Facebook killer

So, there's this new (launched in 2015) social network that claims to be all about privacy and all that shit with anonymous registration with full end-to-end encryption and asymmetrically encrypted chat messaging with private passwords. Many people have already called it "the read Facebook killer".
What are your thoughts, Holla Forums?

From About page (minds.com/p/about):
Terms of Service: minds.com/p/terms
Privacy Policy: minds.com/p/privacy
DMCA Policy: minds.com/p/dmca

Headquarters are in New York City.
The key people are Bill Ottman (Founder & CEO), John Ottman (Co-Founder & Chairman) and Mark Harding (Co-Founder & CTO).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O2E5-b1RYh4
minds.com/blog/view/369352212620513280
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So another rat laboratory?

Seems like you can earn money without third-parties. I'm still unsure what's the exact way.
Here's an interesting interview with the founder: youtube.com/watch?v=O2E5-b1RYh4
And here's his post about monetization: minds.com/blog/view/369352212620513280

sounds jewish

nepotism

That's not what nepotism means, or else any family business ever would be nepotism.

Facebook was advertised and shilled for in the general western press daily for years. How are someone going to compete with that? Sounds fine as a niche community, but normalfags will use what they are told to use by the media.

Go back to hell with your shitty facebook ripoff.

it's 2017

Yeah, I thought that it won't be popular at all too. But then I checked some profiles and was surprised to see how many views and subscribers they have. For example, that fag, Sargon of Akkad, has more than 52 000 subscribers and more than 1 000 000 views.

???

OY VEY! THE GOY HAVE FOUND OUT.

Try this:
. Make "racist" post. Something along the lines of "Oh, yeah! Nuke the muzzies!"
. Try to boost it.
. See what happens.

Dunno about "racist" but so far every second post I saw there was some anti-SJW shit.

shocker

I still want all Israeli foreign lobbies banned and to stop giving them monetary aid for free. Fucking bibi can start handling his own god damn problems, maybe then he'd stop being a war mongering, USA leeching kike.

also, wew

And this pretty much seals the thread. There is nothing more to see here.
Good night everybody.

How are you not getting this?

OP, at lest you posted something right, it's a facebook killer, not a youtube killer. I'm getting quite annoyed by all the people who say that it will kill youtube. It's interface is so crap and social that it can only rival facebook.

Every time, it's either that or has a bullshit voting system to where only popular opinions are allowed.

I'm sick of people oushing crap like this.

How fucking hard can it be to build a social media site without a gorillion js dependencies?

Looks like a better twitter for Holla Forums. This a healthier option than the facebook or reddit, but still have a lot of problems.

But I need all of the (((features)))

People call it a "YouTube killer" because you can post videos there and earn money, and looks like it's more than what your eaen on YouTube.

You can literally pay to upboat your own posts...

To be a facebook killer you need to appeal to normies, normies don't care about encryption or privacy.

Is it not?

To the the "real" Facebook killer, you need have tens of millions of active users and make lots of money. I sincerely doubt that "Minds" is anywhere near any of the two. It looks like a meme and has a shitty name.

damn...

Really gets the ol' noggin joggin, huh?

fucking L.O.L. (that means laughing out loud)

Are you the same guy who tried to shill this shit in mid-2016 or so?

Thought it meant like our lolis this whole time tbh

Now you know. No need to thank me bby

As usual:

Same shit every time. Thank god for chans.

ezpz user
echo $(sort -R /usr/share/dict/words | head -2)

you should read more books

And what.. name yourself according to "muh favorite hero".

You can keep your uninspired name, HarryPotter95.

I often like to use anagram tools on some funny words, but it's a lot of hit and miss. mostly miss.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

it's dead before it was even born

yes, any family business is nepotism and need holocausted

Obviously there's a big difference. A family business is one that's founded and run by a family. Getting your family members and friends into high positions in a large, public company is a different thing altogether...

A chan is enough socializing online for me. Why the fuck do we need social networks?
Fuck Facebook, fuck Minds and fuck you.

screw Facebook my account got hacked march 30 the security team said send my id so i did it unlocked for 3 min now there using my id Facebook wont do anything there using messenger contacted all my coworkers and asking them for money

Use a random string generator. That way you won't ever have to stress over picking a wrong one or whatever, since the username is meaningless, and it also "looks cool".

Someone repost that "This social network really occupies my Minds.com" image so we can remind the kids what type of cringe they're promoting here.

here, I'll even do it for him:
fogandiesgeorgegadgetottertree
F9:^OlSJf4nvO51vun5P
FFs9RlS6
quqraxuva
quqr xuv pehfeze zij
[email protected]/* */)vRHlm3v9!
SicMuk8]
sicmukova
sic mifvarope fogo
made with a few different ones

Usually all lower case with numbers works best. This will give you 10 such strings of length 5: $ pwgen -An 5 10

sage this shit

I asked the founder
Apparently that is a problem they want to fix
Also he actually responded

This is exactly what facebook was saying in the beginning and up until last year.
"Freedom of expression is very valuable to us."
"The freedom of the user is very important."

post proof

Of course i will not show my account name only what i asked(first image)

There's literally nothing wrong with Nepotism, and there's no proof it's a Jewish company.

Except this.

I've been pestering their (still small) userbase for the past few days with some low-effort trolling. The amount of white-knighting faggots who will jump in defense of the few miladies who are using this shit is astonishing. You literally can't say anything negative to some dumb whore without half a dozen of faggots trying to dox you from the info yuu put on your profile (lel) or tagging @john and @mark to call for your account's termination.
I don't know... while I'm all for supporting something that could destroy (((Facebook))) and (((Twitter))), these Minds people are too fun to mess with.

Oy vey, #NotAllJews.

dubs have said it so it is so.
The pendullam swings most precociously on social media sites. Either you get misogynists or you get white knights. When it is the middle ground that is Nirvana.

I actually got my first "victim", some camwhore "political" antifeminist comentator that had her fair share of white knights. I mildly doxed her, and now she has been silent, after saying that "there is always an asshole that ruins everything" (lel).
It convinced me to go hunting on Minds for more salt. Fuck that, it's so shit it won't defeat Bergsteinbook anyway, might as well have fun with it while it lasts.

I always wonder how people get doxed from pseudonymous websites like leddit. Does it really boil down to just people mixing up real life shit with their internet activity/power level? I know there are websites like whitepages, but does it get any more technical? Are the dox victims pc's breached to get their info?

You're doing Gods work user, non-anonymous websites are fucking cancer and it discourages honest discussion and promotes retarded posturing.

They can't resist linking their accounts to virtue signal or whatever. Take this chick I was doxing, for example: she couldn't resist linking all her social media together, and once I found her Facebook, there was it, her entire life (and her boyfriend's) for me to poke around. I'm currently on another Minds acount (she blocked my first one) and she was asking me to "please stop". Top fucking kek.

Pretty much. Specially if you have a pair of tits and isn't morbidly ugly. Not only you virtue signal the shit out of it, you gather the thirsty beta legion to long for you and defend your stupid opinions from honest criticism.

Holy shit you're an idiot.
The brothers are co-founders, meaning they started the company together, not one started it then invited his brother in to give him some shekels.

Damn now I'm addicted to provoking pitiful answers from this chick. Kek. I need to stop, at once!

Gee, I always wanted to become a greedy (((merchant)))!

How the fuck do you expect people to make money off internet services these days?

Why the fuck do you expect people to make money off internet services these days?

This is pathetic. Shills: way to give yourselves away as always. So hilarious that anyone would be stupid enough to do this shit and think it would work.

Because there's not real way for individuals who create pictures, film videos, write music, books and so on to earn money.

While I would very much to push my acquaintances to at least get off Facebook and move to a social media platform less censorious and less of a massive spying operation, I am reminded by this that I fucking hate social media in all its forms.

I never really understood the appeal of social networks.
Obviously, I have a few accounts here and there but I never used them for anything but talking with literally one person, occasionally contacting some people from work, college, etc. or following some public pages.
Is this social?

they are usually called keys, not passwords, in the context of asymmetric encryption, and messages get encrypted with other's public keys, not the private ones. private keys are for decrypting and signing.

anyway... who's storing the private keys? if the site also keeps a copy (like Microsoft does to Wintards users) then the whole privacy thing is a fraud.

also, is it federated free software? if not, it would be much easier to implement transparent e2e public encryption in one of the existing networks like Diaspora. I'd rather exchange regular GPG or OTR messages and posts over Diaspora with my other geek friends than use a fucking silo which gives no real privacy to normies.

I found that the appeal is that is pretty easy to pester and annoy people on Minds, because it's really easy to create a new account when they block you after you spam their response boxes with top maymays, so you can continue to send them top maymays until they give up.

Women in particular are used to be the center of the (positive) attention, and they get pretty angry when you start calling them fat and disgusting.