Been smoking weed every day for the last fifteen years. More or less

Been smoking weed every day for the last fifteen years. More or less.

Been 24 hours without a spliff, and at this stage I'm usually ratty as fuck, cant concentrate, and just feel like shit.

Right now, though, I feel remarkably chipper. Could be a mania high, but doesn't feel like a usual one.

The fuck's happening, /b? Should I be expecting an emotional crash soon? I have no idea what to prepare for, and if I feel OK now, then I'm taking this chance to try and quit this devil bush once and for all.

Prepare for anus.

Oh man, I fucking WISH I could look as good as BJ

If you stick it out for long enough, you will realise how much damage the weed actually did to you. abstain for as long as you can. I used to get high just to fall asleep but went cold for 2 weeks and look back on many years of smoking without any regrets. I still smoke tobacco but that's just a similar hand to mouth habit. Hang in there and let the chemistry of your brain sort itself out. Hold out for 2 weeks. Thereafter, start with some rigorous exercise and be self-disciplined.Trust me OP. Hang in there. Life isn't easy but I know you can do it.

Weed has turned me into a paranoid, dopamine chasing, boring, antisocial shell of a person. There's no joy beyond satisfying the craving now.

I don't want to throw this opportunity away but I'd be lying if I wasn't concerned with how my head is going to play out for the next two weeks.

I need and want this, but I don't know if I can succeed. I don't want to be a stoner piece of shit anymore.

You can do it, OP. I'm over 2 years sober now after having smoked for 5+ years every day. I would smoke 3-5 spliffs a day and it made me lazy, groggy, and generally a worse person after a while. The hardest part about quitting was the insomnia and the psychological yearning for a joint. You will feel and live much, much better and happier when you finally kicked it out of your life. Hang in there, go to the doc and get some sleeping pills if you still can't sleep after 5 days. I know you might feel depressed but after a while the fog will clear and you'll feel like you're waking up from a long slumber.

Needed to read something like this. Thanks, man. And congrats on getting clean. Now you're inspiring someone else to get clean.

You're a cute tranny, OP, would cuddle.

Stopping pot is easy. Invasive thoughts about smoking stop after a day or two.
Make a rule for yourself that you wont BUY pot and you should be set. Thats how i stopped coke, which is way more of a pain inthe ass, especially if you like bars.
Good luck op, ill put one in the air for you (after my tolerance break).

also traps are gay

traps arent gay, have you ever even browsed an imageboard before?

aaaw thank you. I guess I have at least one thing going for me.

And yes, pic is me.

Well, after an impulsive macbook purchase, I am now flat broke for another week and a half. That may make things easier.

I figured you might need some friendly words. Right now is the most difficult part; the first 24-72 hours after quitting cold turkey. Have you got anything to substitute the pot with?

Vitamin C, either in capsules/pills or in fruit will help a great deal. Try not to drink coffee, but drink GREEN TEA instead. That detoxifies your body like crazy. That's about the most important stuff that helped me through.

[spoiler]It might sound like bad advice, and it probably is, but I drank from dawn till dusk without getting too drunk for the first 3 days straight, and when I stopped, the weed cravings were significantly less.

But idk, if you have an addictive personality better not go that route. [/spoiler]

Wow. Sorry for redditspacing, I didn't realise. Fuck.

That was designed to D&C Holla Forums. People have been spacing like that since before reddit was a thing.

As far as alternatives go, no narcotics. I'm a hard wired addict and cannot trust myself to moderate.

The green tea, however, sounds like a solid plan. Got a whole kitchen filled with a smorgasboard of teas.

Guess I'm gonna stay locked in my flat for the rest of the weekend. Dealers numbers have already been blocked.

First lesson I learned was that they are NOT my friends, despite the smile.

Idk it looks ugly imo.

so does most dada work, but that doesn't remove its merit.

I'm actually getting excited at the prospect of you getting clean. I'm genuinely happy for you, user. If you happen to relapse though; don't give up. That can happen, and even though it's a mistake, you should just keep fighting and get rid of that nasty addiction once and for all.
Weed isn't as innocent as many make it out to be…

Being able to think clearly again, and just being able to live in the moment are incentive enough for me. The weed has unlocked a whole slew of mental flaws over the years.

I'm not afraid of relapses. My entire life has been a chain of learning from past mistake. More slowly than I'd like, but I guess some progress is being made in terms of being self aware of my problems.

I'll never be rid of the problems, but I can find workarounds and compromises to deal with them.

Good, just try to take your mind off the thing, doing something physical might help too.

It is really important that you carry trough.
Good luck!

I bought a road bike recently. Serendipitous timing.

when i quit i just threw out all my shit, dropped contact with people associated with weed
i was super irritable as fuck for the first week but by 9th day or so i was laying awake in bed and felt great.
after a month or so i just kind of stopped thinking about it. still smoke it every now and then with friends but it will forever have that sort of stain on it in my mind that prevents me from getting into it like i was.

How the fuck do I quit smoking the stink grass Holla Forums? I've been on the stuff for 4 years now. I fucking love smoking dope since I'm introverted, and it makes solitude bearable, but I know it's no good for me. I'm sure the reason I'm lazy and have no ambition is because of it.

totally feel you man.

This shit ruins us.

You're already well on your way, user. Congrats, you just made a step. Ready yourself for the next. Weed IS addictive, I don't care what people tell you. But it's a much easier to kick habit than most other addictions.

t. former stoner

I smoke with tobacco. I think that may have been my undoing.

I'm in a similar boat myself and am thinking I might as well finish what I have today and just tough it out for two weeks by distracting myself with endless amounts of bullshit and see what happens. Worst case scenario I take a much needed tolerance break and maybe slow the fuck down.