Fury Road Black&Chrome is the only right way to watch this

What is this memery? I don't hate Fury Road but the objectively best thing about the movie are the shots and special effects.The sandstorm scene is utter shit watched in monochrome for example.

I'll tell you something. I watch the HPs in black and white, they have stellar cinematography. The reason I mention this is the cinematographer for Fury Road did Philosopher's Stone and just recently came out of retirement. When lighting is good its good. And he has good framing and camera work.

I don't really get it either, if it's filmed in colour, then surely colour is important to the film. I haven't seen the Black and Chrome version but i'm willing to see it if it's the definitive edition. That said the film was very vibrant so I reckon I will be disappointed.

I'm this user but here is a color grid for philosopher's stone, you can see the main colors used. Fury road is also very much vibrant blue nad orange, so it's really just an alternate viewing experience, where you pretend you are watching an old film or something yet it isn't produced like crap.

I read somewhere that Miller wanted it to be in black & white, but the studio (probably correctly) thought it wouldn't sell as well as a colour film. So he presumably did have a b&w directors cut in the back of his mind when directing, it's not just a "b&w = old = sophisticated = give us more money".

You do realize you can make it black and white yourself right….for free…..any movie you fucking want

there is literally no reason to do black and white after the invention of color, except for hipster faggotry.

what next, are they gonna start making silent versions of blockbuster movies?

If you rewatch a movie a lot, it's nice to watch in black and white. Pic not related

I don't rewatch movies a lot, though

There's only a few that are worth a rewatch, and only fewer blockbusters

Sure, but the argument was about whether the film was shot in a way that lent itself to colour or black and white. Plus if you just remove the colour from a colour film, it won't look as good as one designed for black and white: it will tend to have less contrast, less dark blacks in particular, less focus on the main elements of a shot, etc.

In this case it is a jewing then because the black and white isnt really something that adds an element like it does for films with noir atmospheres

no, he watched the composer's cut, which was the film before coloring was applied (none of the natural light used in filming is in the actual movie kek), and thought it would be awesome for an edit that just had music.

How does one get these color palates?

I'd watch that.

magnifique

Furry Road was one of the few movies to get the blue and orange color pallet right. Why would they ruin it buy making it black and white?

It can convey a certain emotional tone, if you do it right.

I think theres a tumblr lol thats called movie barcodes or something

Those look like the end of Interstellar

its every single frame compressed

kek

the whole movie is black and white, except for the entire night sequence in the wetlands. they used a blue filter. because guess what? color is useful!

but da innernet told me it was ess jay dubya and dats BAD

It's pretty feminist.

second one is TDKR?

I'm conflicted on this notion. The women fucking fail at everything. All the chicks fight a lone Max with some knocked out dude chained to him and still get their asses whooped. The beautiful oasis left to SMART WOMEN turns out to be absolute wasteland and old hags who couldn't get shit right. Sure the empowered chick tries to break other chicks out but they sure didn't do a damn good job on any of that.

if you can find the fan edit (same title, fury road black & chrome) the guy did something similar. black and white, only music and no dialogue. also sound effects.

Okay.

If only they could make an "Actual Script & Story" or "Actually About Max Rockatansky" version.

lol

prisoner of azkaban they are all different hp

I always thought the effects in this movie looked like shit and they're even worse without the excessive color filtering to hide them. Look at the explosion in OP's second pic you can fucking blatantly see the masking line around it

The script was written in 1999 and has stayed the same.

It's like you don't want the intended experience.

There's a black and white version of Logan they're shilling too.

It's an attempt to make these popcorn pulp blockbusters seem kino and take a double dip from bluray buyers.