How do everyone stay up so long? I can barely stay up for 12 hours (and not be tired the next day)...

How do everyone stay up so long? I can barely stay up for 12 hours (and not be tired the next day). I need like a 1:1 ratio to hours awake and hours slept. Does it help if I eat more? Maybe it's my severe depression that's subconsciously dragging me down?

It might be your diet. Make sure to get enough vitamins and water. Other than that, I wouldnt know; I'm not you.

consider it a blessing

just start doing meth, user. it'll fix both your sleep problem, and your depression

Yes, depression can do that; however, it can also have the opposite effect. I've struggled with depression in the past, and although it was probably related to my anxiety, I had a difficult time sleeping

Same OP. I get so tired 6 hours before I need to go to sleep to maintain a normal schedule. If I fall asleep when I'm actually tired I fuck everything up. I had a job for one month a while ago and I could barely stay awake long enough to drive home. I almost fell asleep at the wheel. Some people were not meant for this planet.

i have a severe form of insomnia, consider yourself lucky. i feel tired all the time but after about 4 days it starts to hurt

Its not that I personally dont feel tired after staying up for a couple days, its just that I have nothing to do and nowhere to be so it doesnt matter if I feel like shit and can barely function. As long as I can still type i can endure any self-inflicted abuse.

Same but I calculate the value of stock I never buy. Also I prefer 8 chan because it's easier to grab people attention.

I often think like this but it really suck when my parents ask me to do some chore outside and my attention span is extremely short because I haven't slept and I feel uncomfortable about the idea of bumping into cute girls because I haven't washed my self in day and my dick smells like semen.

I only seem to be able to fall asleep if I know I won't have anything going on when I wakeup. If I have to meet with familly members, have an exam or a job interview, my brains get over stressed and I can't sleep. Sometimes I keep the lights on in order to trick myself into thinking it's only a day powernap and not a full night of sleep.

This was just uncalled for. Here I am pouring my heart out and this is what i get?

Are you seriously mad because I said personal an inappropriate informations, it's not like we are in college or even irl, for fuck stop pretending to care no one will juge you if you don't this is the internet no body has any taboo here.

I come to Holla Forums for emotional support and I get nothing but insults in broken english. Where did I go wrong with my life?

Don't even try to stay up OP. It fucks you up. I used to regularly go about 100 to 120 hours at a time no sleep and then get 3 hours of sleep. I still have terrible sleep issues and can barely sleep but I get at least more sleep by fapping to lolis.

time zonses, faggot

Hi dude,

try experimenting on yourself to see how you can break the 12 hour tiredness.

1. eat healthily. 1/3 carbs, 1/3 protein, 1/3 fat.
Eat lots of green vegetables, less carbohydrates. Eat protein regularly in some form. A couple of boiled eggs a day will help.
Nuts and seeds have a lot of minerals and healthy fats, eat a handful a day - not too many. Walnuts, brasil nuts, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
Mushrooms are good too, for protein and minerals.
Drink plenty of water, less coffee/coke etc.

2. sunlight. go outside for at least 30 minutes of sunlight a day, it controls your circadian rhythm. midday or morning is best. expose your skin to it if it is not too cold.

3. good quality sleep.
completely dark room, no little leds or alarm clock lights.
silent room.
not too cold or hot.
sleep from midnight to 5am is best quality, sleep 7.5-9 hours max.
make a routine, this is important.
wake up the same time each day, preferably in the morning. don't make a big deal out of it or stress if you wake up late, just get up and enjoy the rest of the day.
- avoid electrinics for at least an hour before bed. the blue light messes up your rhythm.
- avoid food for a couple of hours before sleep at least.

4. exercise.
do pushups each day, read how to do good quality ones.
go for a 30+ minute walk each day.
try to spend time in nature, a park, near some trees, if you can.

5. read a fiction book before you sleep, it will help relax you. physical paper book, not on a device.

Routine will be a big part of it. Once you have done it for a few weeks, you will adjust to it and it will begin to feel natural.
Eat at regular times, let your body anticipate.
You will soon become hungry on cue, tired on cue, awake on cue.
Eat regularly, smaller meals instead of a couple of large ones. Eating too much makes you feel tired.

6. Keep your brain in use in different kinds of thought and tasks.
It stimulates some areas while alternately resting others.
Do a physical task, do a mental one, read a bit, then do some maths.
That kind of thing.
Boredom is the biggest contributor to tiredness.

If you don't improve after a month or two, see a doc and ask for a hormone panel blood test, maybe also test your mineral levels.
Might just be a slight imbalance and you can take some extra vitamins.

Write down all your problems before you go to bed.
Make it a 'to do tomorrow' list.
Also, read fiction from a paper book.
It leads the mind to imagination which is close to the sleep state.

It sounds to me like you already know the root of your problem. When I had depression last spring all I wanted to do was sleep. Whenever I was doing anything else sleep was always on my mind. I got out the depression once I came back home for the summer but going back to school is making me nervous that it will rear its ugly head again. Here is what I did in the summer to keep my mind on track.

Sleep schedule
To start go out and buy melatonin and L-theanine. Figure out when you want to get up and subtract 8 hours from that time to find the time you need to get to bed by. An hour before turn off the computer take the melatonin and L-theanine and start doing something mentally exhausting like reading a book or puzzles. Keep doing this until your extremely sleepy. Wake up at your desired time and repeat until you can go to bed and wake up exactly when you want.

Exorcise
It might not be the funnest thing in the world but it helps you work away all your stress. It also floods your system with dopamine (which is not a bad thing) and makes your body healthier and more attractive. From your picture I am assuming you are neet but even neets can exorcise in their rooms. If you don't have crippling anxiety than join a gym with a pool swimming can work all of your muscles in your body while still giving you a great work out.

Diet
Since I am assuming your a neet I am also going to go out on a limb and say you are a fat neet Find a good diet for you and begin losing those pounds that weigh you down. Having less weight will make you more attractive and make your sleep more enjoyable. For me the keto diet really helped because it keeps me in ketosis which means I am never really hungry.

Drugs
A good trip might help you with your depression but at the same time it might amplify your problems. I would recommend a trip only when you are out of you depression and are in a good frame of mind. Stigma for druggies are warranted however people that do psychedelics only get clumped in with other drug users when honestly they can be some of the best people you ever meet.

Get Out
Try to find a job that is not ass. Make friends with one or two of the other employees and start building your friend base from there. Make sure you choose friends that can keep you up rather than pull you down. If at anytime they start pulling you down cut them off.

My ultimate point is that life is what you make of it.If you want to continue your lifestyle for a few more years that perfectly acceptable (I did quite like the neet life) however if your not happy you should make steps in your life to improve it. Do that and your sleep schedule will get back on track.

This guy gets it. I would trip with you and shitpost on Holla Forums

Thanks my man.

You seem alright as well.

Where the fuck have I insulted you, I gave you emotional support I related to you when you said you're ok with not being fully functional due to your sleep deprivation. I'm really confused weather this is some kiproko between us or if

*Or if you're just a really good troll pretending to get offended at everything.

I sleep for 16 hours, but 8 hours workable if I have to do something

=hahahhahahahahah=
go back you stupid fucking nignog.