8ch Source

Alight I know it was one of you faggots.
So go ahead and post it so we can see how naive we've been, and move on to 16chan or wherever.

Other urls found in this thread:

endchan.xyz/.media/d3f09f251bcee0a13acae1a3b56eee24-applicationx-7z-compressed.undefined
endchan.xyz/8leaks/res/1.html
endchan.xyz/tech/
nextchan.org/tech/
finalchan.net/t/
8ch.pl/tech/
8ch.net/sudo/res/27745.html#27745
secure.php.net/manual/function.openssl-public-encrypt.php
spit.mixtape.moe/view/192909d6
endchan.xyz/.media/b4851920cd13caebb70193d4cb1e99ce-textplain.txt
endchan.xyz/8leaks/res/1.html#124
8ch.net/marag/
gr5gzhk5hurwetdr.onion/intb/res/115506.html
freech.net/intb/res/115506.html
archive.is/2h94n#selection-761.19-761.368
knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/save-derpy
horse-news.net/2015/01/famous-idw-writer-tells-charlie-hebdo.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh no nigga we're hopping into 32chan.
Or if you're nviidia, 24chan.

This is allegedly the source code:
endchan.xyz/.media/d3f09f251bcee0a13acae1a3b56eee24-applicationx-7z-compressed.undefined
(source: endchan.xyz/8leaks/res/1.html )
I haven't looked at it closely, but it has git commits and everything, so it's probably real.

The Sunshine system ( >>>/sudo/27745 ) is a bit fishy, but it's clear from the way it works that it's designed for incidental access involving a key not stored on the server, not for large scale or routine data mining. It could be an elaborate reverse double bluff but I think they're being completely honest about it.

I haven't seen anything bad enough to make me leave, but if you do, these are some of the options:
endchan.xyz/tech/ (same management as this board)
nextchan.org/tech/ (same management as this board, spiritual successor to 16chan)
finalchan.net/t/

Thanks Ouji-sama.

Does Holla Forums have anything on 8ch.pl and is it any good?

8ch.pl/tech/
Not much traffic though.

Was sunshine part of Holla Forums, or was it a separate server? Codemonkey says Hotwheels wrote it in 2015, but that was when Holla Forums was open source. If so, why did nobody find out about sunshine until now?

8ch.net/sudo/res/27745.html#27745
That sounds like fantastic news. Why would I want to leave for some dead chan board?

Oh yeah, thats right, because these threads are part of a CIA psyop in an attempt to fracture the community and suppress assembly. We already know Freech is a bunch of SA goons and that SA has ties to the CIA. Don't fall for any of these threads

Because nobody guarantees you that the code that runs on the server is the code that was published. If you've been to the Holla Forums discussions about the AGPL: This is what the "AGPL is stupid" faction meant.

It was on the main server, in the form of a few lines of code in a file that processes posts, a table in the database, and a public key certificate.

hey Jim

>everyone who tells me a fact I don't like is a shill Hotwheels Josh a Jew Jim
I'd redirect you to one of the novelty boards that tell you to kill yourself but they aren't restored yet.

If that's really the source code, what legal implications does this have considering that it was originally licensed under the GPL. (and to my knowledge hotwheels hasn't relicensed it)

It wasn't.

Even if it was licensed under the GPL, none, because the changed Holla Forums wasn't published. No, running a website with it isn't publishing, otherwise there would be no AGPL.

Its run by a Polish guy named Czaks who cares less about you than Jim. Czaks has some very cringe-worthy quotes out there about how he feels no responsibility to protect your privacy.

Endchan and Freech are good.

After this latest fiasco, 8ch will never be the same. I mean, after Infinity Next died it was pretty shit, but now its just a flaming turd.

This HAS to be bait.

Triggered, goon?

Cuckchan bronies work at the CIA, why do you think mutilated trannies from reddit wouldn't too?

I know for a fact that quite a few Holla Forums regulars work for CIA they are my coworkers

>there are CIA niggers on Holla Forums right now
Now I see why Terry doesn't visit us anymore.

Nothing. You can have your own in-house proprietary version of GPL software. Problems will only arise when you distribute it, and the GPL doesn't force you to distribute anything.

Holla Forums deserved it for becoming closed-source and not even telling anyone. Fuck Jim, fuck codenigger, fuck Freddy even though he's probably being held hostage.

Terry is busy doing God's work.

show those quotes

It's infinitely more work to not push/pull a remote automatically. There's something called 'git hooks' that these fucking third worlders obviously haven't heard of. There are also ways to ensure the source code matches the published source, it's just computationally expensive per templated request.

Anyways Jim is a fucking retard, and so is his son. You faggots will continue to stay here and this shit site will continue to wallow in obscurity and shitposting, until they pull the plug to focus on their right wing buzzfeed and pig farm.

Reminder that "closed-source" implies that open-source would be better.

That's what they get for not re-writting it in Rust.

I'm glad someone's being even-handed around here. It's a fucking shitfest everywhere else. It's either endless alt-imageboard shills or no discussion allowed.

I'm not happy about Sunshine, obviously. It should be discussed because it goes against the spirit of the website. Why even bother implementing an IP store if you can just post it through TOR? How can we be sure it's not running, and that the data/key has been destroyed? Why go the extra mile for law enforcement when it isn't legally required? It just seems like a lot of work and risk with little payoff for anyone involved.

However, unless proven otherwise it's not a valid reason to give up entirely on the website. One IP given to the feds is not datamining, nor is it a betrayal of the users' trust. The hacker avatarfagged with pictures of child models, indicating his reason for his actions - the pedos have been openly contentious with Jim since he cracked down on their boards. That one must have probably swallowed the datamining mason meme and attempted to erase any logs of his presence. And yet despite complete access to the servers and a complete copy of the source code, the best they could dig up was Sunshine. If there were any datamining operations, why weren't they discovered?

You guys are terrible at this.
It was glaringly obvious when Codemonkey added features to the site and not to the infinity github. If you actually posted here, you'd know that.

Pretty sure they weren't models, and it doesn't matter. Clothed child models are legal content.

Ron would rather promise the userbase some empty "DEEP LEARNING" bullshit months ago and then never heard from again instead of actually advancing technology or helping imageboard communities clean themselves up with perceptual hashing. That's all I need to know. Instead, the gook spends a month reinventing the same thing you get out of Redis+an nginx module.

As far as Jim, he uses multiple accounts, took over /sp/ to test his news posting robot, permabans for "DMCA violations", and deletes perfectly legal content. It doesn't matter if there's "datamining" or not, that's just shitposting.

Fuck off d&c

Of course, there's also the whole clothed "Lascivious" postures and such, that are illegal. But that's beside the point.

Holy shit, faggot, please hang yourself. Stop shitposting and go back to where you came from, you drooling fucktard.

But they are fucking goons you fool. 76chan's /sp/ deals with freech constantly and they can even tell you that they are in fact goons.

Please hang yourself.

What does that even mean? Where did I say that?
Shitposters are shitposters, just like you, now fuck off.

Just dropping by to shill NNTPchan. I'm sure we are all getting tired of having to trust the admin to not sell us down the river like obsolete farm equipment. If someone has a better alternative for decentralized imageboards let's hear it because endchan and freech will end up exactly the same as 8ch is now.

I should've jumped ship a while ago.

Honest, unlike most posts.

any imageboard is only good if it's active, we need autism powering the mill, most of the faggots have taken the d&c bait and are huddled on viv right now so wouldnt NTPP be one of those cases where it's completely dead like the other bunkerboards?

If you think there is someone who has such terrible OPSEC that he would care about getting datamined in an anonymous imageboard BUT AT THE SAME TIME would be knowledgeable enough to exploit bugs in the core code to the point of acquiring a reverse shell just so he could erase some LOGS you're retarded.

Actually it would be because of good OPSEC, and bitterness that it would more likely happen because all it takes is one mistake. But has there been any other leaks at all about this? I understand the hacker is using nntpchan but nobody seems to care or even bother to spread the other stuff he is releasing outside some bits and pieces, and nobody seems to be putting that stuff here either. Is this really all he got?

But nobody who isn't a pedo would save them and use them as a posting identity. It's clearly one of the people who fled when Jim started cracking down on pedo/child model boards.

To be fair, the automod handled our brand of spam pretty decently. There wasn't an urgent need for new anti-CP measures.

On the other hand, he's completely bungled a lot of the new UI features. Barring the catalog refresh and the save as original filename (which doesn't work right), I haven't used any of them. I'm also mad he removed stubs to appease one whiner on /sudo/ but has toggle options for pretty much every other feature he's added.

This is the first I've heard of this.

Did majestrate add the optional moderation filters feature yet? I think he was musing about it a couple months ago.

And that's where most of these temporary exodii fail, especially for larger boards. Most users are content to passively observe and never contribute. When they end up on a new board or website, they are suddenly thrust into a world where it's contribute or die. Most don't do anything but whine about the previous board/website, give up, and go back home immediately.

As far as I know there were only two releases so far. Both in the endchan board.

The source code:
Holla Forums.7z
sha256: 8a38f7e147f5c49e4b898m8ecdb90bf81697a0a941a9a6e0d9328c9afb548c175

And some configuration files:
Holla Forums_config.7z
sha256: 9cbff04aeacf9d521b6784d9d527191cc8cd28e53035450831e160c3e682d44f

I haven't seen anything on nntpchan.

endchan is finally happening! Said an increasingly nervous triangle for the 7th time this year

Freech confirmed big guys? 'What's the next step in their master plan?

Mass shilling of systemd and other botnet stuff like hypervisor shits. They want everyone running Windows 10, or at worst some other common thing they can target easily.

Not only has Holla Forums tried to keep a permanent encrypted record of post IPs and contents, it probably failed to do so with a lot of posts.
The code, along with most configuration settings and Holla Forums-specific code, is located in inc/secrets.php:
event_handler('post-after', function($post) { global $board; $post['ip'] = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; $data = json_encode(array('ip' => $post['ip'], 'body' => $post['body_nomarkup'])); for ($i = 0; $i bindValue(':board', $board['uri']); $query->bindValue(':id', $post['id']); $query->bindValue(':data', $crypted); $query->execute() or error(db_error($query)); // Failure is never an option, except when it is.});

This encodes the poster's IP and original post content into a JSON array, appends 10 bytes of garbage data, loads the Sunshine public RSA key from disk and passes that to OpenSSL for encryption. If encryption failed, the event handler exits without writing anything into the database.
The downside of this is that openssl_public_encrypt() only does pure RSA encryption, not a hybrid cryptosystem á la PGP with a symmetric algorithm for the message.
Hotwheels probably rolled with it because the PHP manual doesn't mention this fact.
secure.php.net/manual/function.openssl-public-encrypt.php

What it does mention in a comment from 2006 is that RSA by design can't encrypt data (padding included) that is longer than the key used. For a 2048-bit key (as mentioned on the /sudo/ post) with default padding parameters, this works out to about 1960 bits or 245 bytes.
So every post that was longer than 245 - 19{length of JSON object with empty content} - 7{minimum length of IPv4 address} - 10 = 209 bytes would fail to encrypt, right? Let's try it!
spit.mixtape.moe/view/192909d6

This code prints "Encryption failed!" for me if I put "42" (42*5=210 bytes) in line 42, but works fine if I lower it to 41 (205 bytes). Keep in mind JSON adds escape sequences for many characters that can't be included directly.

TL;DR: Due to incompetence, any post longer than ≈200 characters probably was NOT encrypted and stored by Sunshine!

Why is this such a big deal? If you don't visit over tor then you have way bigger problems.

So more incompetence and less malice then, gotcha.

Hacker released the Mod dox as a table and plain text.
>>>/sudo/33509

I'm really getting sick of this guy's shit though, he's got 3 more parts he's going to dump instead of just doing everything at once. I just know the user dox is going to be last or second last, and he's just being coy about it.

endchan was already confirmed compromised, they found that long 404'd posts were being saved when some one >>'d one.

Move to vichan, as far as I know it's not compromised YET.

Nigger, maintaining a separate package that you add to your installation is almost trivial, not "infinitely more work".

Expensive = not viable, the servers already have issues under load. But go ahead, how would this look like? I hope to G-d this isn't some idiotic scheme where you send the source code with every response or I'm done with this thread.

endchan.xyz/.media/b4851920cd13caebb70193d4cb1e99ce-textplain.txt
endchan.xyz/8leaks/res/1.html#124
The hacker more or less confirmed he got the database via posting this table, and Codemonkey confirmed it. Whether or not the sunshine table is actually encrypted, there is no telling that he didn't just use an IP logger and will outright place those IPs next to the IDs anyways.

It's still possible that he only dumped some tables.

Because Jim has been wanting to kill off Tor for a long time.

Jim plz go. What the fuck is the point of the warrant cannary at the bottom of every page if Yogapig/Cripplekike is just giving away the data without even requiring a warrant.

Entire boards have been deleted because of "DMCA" claims, when the content wasnt even protected under the DMCA. See 8ch.net/marag/

No the malice is still there, its just due to cripplekike's pill addiction that he couldnt implement it properly, and never bothered to test it or implement robust error handling.

Of course Freddit Breddit, Redditor Extraordinaire, wouldn't be able to properly implement anything.

Freddit "Quadratic Sine Function" Breddit strikes again!

Yeah no, this hacker has now firmly established in my mind to be the greater evil. It's clear to me he is just posturing on the moral high ground, when really he just has a personal vendetta against Jim and Codemonkey and doesn't give a fuck about anyone else here. I suspect he may actually be a pedofag instead of Holla Forums or smiley purely on the grounds that pedofags are the ones whom most consistently took Jim's decisions personally.

Come on hacker baby

This, I could use some more days being productive.

Good for him, they needed a kick in the teeth. You can fuck off right back to Holla Forums if you don't think so.
Nah, fuck off faggot. We're rooting for him here. Most want him to burn it down.

He dumped mod/PMs, for sure. He just dumped the PMs on endchan.

To be fair, that's vichan in a nutshell.

Who, this is nominative.

Speak for your fucking self. Why do you want the last fucking cohesive imageboard to die? If Holla Forums dies, imageboards die. Nobody wants to go to these shitty lynxchan and overchan sites run by nobodies trying to be the next Hotwheels. Holla Forums is the only site which has stood the test of time against all sorts of crazy bullshit which even 4chan capitulated to, solely because of hotwheels. Fuck you, this place needs to survive

Listen, you stupid nigger.:the cripple abandoned you. Second, his name is mootwheels, not hotwheels. Third, the users are what made Holla Forums. Not your stupid fucking crippled lord. Admin worship is just banter, and anyone worth two shits could have a website when they have a fucking colo rack to use (even if they were old as fuck consumer desktops fit in a rack) for free, which cripple did when the going got tough.

So, no. Get it through your thick as fuck skull. Anons made this site what it is. Not that crippled fuck. And anons are leaving. They have been for some time, according to the cripple's own numbers. I'm sure Jim and Ron getting their shit kicked in did not help that trend. There is no user churn. No user churn = dead imageboard. Fact.

Faggot.

Also, why would you want it to burn down? So something can replace it. If you could memory hole Lynx and get NNTPchan integration with all of the dumb, splintered communities (odili's, m712, parley or whatever that faggot's name is, 76) you'd have a good thing going.
Unfortunately, people have shit to do, and the last remaining vestiges would rather just ride along with the shitty administration here.

So, why burn it all down? To force the issue, of course.

The administration had their chance. They made all the wrong choices.

And the cripple was too busy with his pill popping habit he picked up from his ex-girlfriend and manipulating users to rally against some neckbeard because the neckbeard was being a whiny little bitch in IRC one morning. Oh, and don't forget the biggest of sins: neckbeard refusing to give the Cripple's Filipino cash machine exclusive copyright over shit the userbase paid for.

Ron's damage control is just really pathetic.

So, yeah. Burn it all down.

Hotwheels made and hosted sites with less then 100 users, it was simple chance that the wizard apprentice would be chosen amongst his competitors. If he even had any.

One user who chimed in recently is still actually working on an attempt at a decentralized imageboard, I'm holding out for him.

nntpchan exists

Yeah, and it's useless when no binds exist to plug it into all of the other small little imageboards.

You walk a tree of files, hash it, and append a minute-granularity timestamp. Walking the tree and caching it could could even be performed on a schedule. If it doesn't match, it's modified. Of course, it's always vulnerable to precomputation, but this is a big pain in the ass. You can get even more expensive, if you want, which means less risk of precomputation. Of course, they could pretend that they're on an old version forever, but any change done to the website shows their hand.

What the fuck are you talking about? Yeah, you're a retard.

And, of course, it's not fool-proof, but the idea is to make it a pain in the ass. Any change has to have a whole new release process of precomputation built in, ranging from trivial precomputation (hash + timestamp) to a sort of dynamic secret (say, hash+timestamp+account username) or some such thing.

Or, you could just not listen to that fat fuck and realize that Jim is just a thieving owner of a third world software outsourcing firm and any excuse he makes is bullshit.

Why is it so hard to understand that a server can lie? Jesus fucking christ, this is basic stuff. You almost considered this when you thought about the possibility that the server pretends to use an old version. Why pretend to use an old version? Just pretend to be the current public version! The only thing you have to do to break this system is to hash the files that "should be there" instead of the ones that are really there. This is utterly trivial once you have the hashing set up. The part of your system that is a pain in the ass is exactly NOT bypassing it, but SETTING IT UP. The system is completely useless.

And thus, any modification shows the scheme. Not to mention, if they make any changes, it's a burdensome chore.
Are you fucking retarded?

Of course the server can lie, you fucking retarded little shit. The point is to increase the maintenance burden of such a thing where it's untenable.

No, it's not. It just increases maintenance burden for their dumb little fork, where they could just simply use git hooks to automatically push their source code like everyone who's didn't suffer brain damage from having to drink feces contaminated water in a third world country on a daily basis. It's now an economic burden, not foolproof as I said, but an economic burden nonetheless.

And you want to know why none of this matters? Because none of it fucking matters. The AGPL closes the ASP loophole, that's all that Jim cares about. Datamining, all that bullshit, it's just a distraction.

What really matters is avenues for recourse. With any other license, you have the ASP loophole, there is no recourse. With the AGPL, you have recourse.

That's all that matters. None of your stupid handwringing about "hurr it can't stop datamining" matters. No shit, you drooling moron.

It ISN'T untenable, it ISN'T a chore. If you think applying a small patch by hand and updating a list of files to automatically forge is in any way burdensome, let alone burdensome enough to deter someone who already decided to maintain hidden patches, you are the retarded one. This shit is first class snake oil: Expensive, looks impressive, doesn't do a god damn thing.

I shouldn't have bothered with this thread.

gr5gzhk5hurwetdr.onion/intb/res/115506.html
freech.net/intb/res/115506.html
8ch source code, cannot post it due to post limit unfortunately, unless I do 4-5 posts.

Reminder that 50% of Holla Forums users have 100 IQ points more than 99% of Holla Forums users.

Your shitactics don't work here imkikefy.

These are retarded gooks who can't be bothered to push to a git remote manually.
Yeah, it is.
Oh dear, are you upset?

gee where have I heard that before, imkike
archive.is/2h94n#selection-761.19-761.368

Mass indiscriminate user IP dox was what I was referring to, anyways I was wrong. By the hacker's own actions, he isn't an outright malicious jackass.

lmao

He's censored all user information thus far. It's only the mods he's going after. And why shouldn't he, fuck people who suck Jim's dick.

Actually the PMs have some uncensored IPs in the PM itself and I still think he's a butthurt pedo I just don't think he is nearly as malicious as i thought he was and I give him the benefit of the doubt. At the very least he has chosen not to mass dox user IPs, and he more or less backed his claims up with proof I can't ignore.

Holla Forums was always almost unusable over tor in the first place. half the time the .onion is down/slow as fuck, and 8ch.net blocks tor from even _viewing_ content (though this may be an unintentional side effect of using cuckflare). there was a brief moment where tor users could post images to Holla Forums (but not Holla Forums), and now it just says

wait, wasn't there something wrong with end/tech? I remember reading it was owned by some babyfur on /cow/

Same blue board, different chan. (as evidenced by the lack of revulsion at e-celeb whoring) Ponychan's mods are also Roundstable admins (and 2 from derpibooru, one who bans anyone for anything negative stated about degenerative tranny cunts, too. Hint: Both names begin with C) are also goons are also EVE Online players. (all close-ish with mittani too, especially DB guys)
Also somewhere in that circle of filth is ponyville.us, which for the least visited pony site on the planet mysteriously garners access to 'interviews'/AMAs with a wide variety of normie comics bigwigs.
tl;dr it took them 7 or 8 tries to even successfully cointelpro the bronies.
Brony autism confirmed more powerful than communist/feminist/antifa and all non-NA/VNN embarrassing excuses for WNs.
(They were confirm-exposed by a literal JIDF named Suhosin/IntrepidPony back during GG who apparently did not much like the competition, he's the one that brought David Draiman into it, however there were suspicions about the SJ freakshow of Round Stable and their haunts for a looooooong time. They were essentially pariah'd during knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/save-derpy and punted into the darkness. Kiwifags may know one of their more infamous members, lifeless gargantuan NHS-supported UK fatty Cuteosphere/Dragondicks )
The CIA essentially managed to fucking land themselves in bed with the most incompetent and distrusted mothabuckers in the entire fandom.
Like most SJs, they killed anything they worked on too. Every fangame yamino joined, dead. Cuteo's equally fatty ex-bf joins the comics, dead (the last herd survey returned 8 million bronies. They may in fact be a larger voting bloc than Berners, considering half of those perpetually stoned hippies never show up. The comics sell around 10,000 a month. ) Probably the two greatest achievements of the comics were making a story arc that was a complete homage to Black Lives Matter complete with "misunderstood rioters" and Twilight excusing their carnage like some CNN talking head, and King Kuckatoo here writing a story about online bullying which reffed chans and 'anonymous' and had literal quotes from cuteosphere hatemail
Of course, he's famous for more than just that...
horse-news.net/2015/01/famous-idw-writer-tells-charlie-hebdo.html

chek'd

It was, for around a day, a long time ago. Not any more.

This year truly has been a dark place for imageboards so far.

I really miss the first exodus days, honestly whenever shit gets fragmented a ton of people are lost. Anyone remember the old gamergate boards and how they just kept splitting up over drama every few days/weeks and eventually just fizzle'd down to nothing? Honestly I just see imageboards dying out as a whole from fragmentation due to owner/host drama.

Also I don't really know what the fuck Freech was, just that in 2015 everyone unanimously hated Holla Forums and whatever that was turned into Freech which is just some obscure as fuck circle jerk as far as I can tell. Been there, just 40-ish users and a ton of spam and ""injokes"" (???).

The rest of the alternative chans just seem to deviate too far from 4chan, but understandably you can just custom CSS that back to how you like. However that doesn't fix the lack of users.

I definitely could say I'm nostalgic for the HW days, that little guy sure knew how to run shit right. Even though he did write the Sunshine shit, you have to understand that it's pretty fucking hard to host something like this. The whole autism level encryption is pretty much the most dignified way of doing things and I'm pretty fine with it.

Like John begged Jesus to return at the end of Revelations, I'm sort of doing the same with HW.

I'm just one really fucking confused user, polite sage for patheticposting.

Seek them out. Building online communities isn't hard. It just takes effort. A little charisma doesn't hurt either. The trick is getting quality people and not a bunch of retards.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully something terrible will happen to their penis.

How was any of this info stored when Sunshine wasn't in use?

Which info do you mean? And did you miss that they said Sunshine was in use?

That's full botnet. Never go full botnet.

DO IT FAGGOT

I'm not quite sure what to make of this, it's horrific to read.