GNU Project announces the release of GNU Hurd 1.0

GNU Project announces the release of GNU Hurd 1.0

by Brian Fagioli

In a press release posted on the GNU project's homepage earlier today, GNU project founder Dr. Richard M. Stallman announced the first stable release of the long-awaited GNU Hurd kernel. "This is a great day for software freedom. I and the rest of my colleagues at the GNU project can finally rest easy, knowing that the GNU operating system has been finally realized" the post stated.

The Hurd project has been in development since the 1990s, and work on the kernel was put aside when Linus Torvalds' Linux kernel swept the free software scene. Hurd's microkernel architecture made development a long and complicated project, which finally culminated in the 1.0 release this morning.

Dr. Stallman's post went on to detail the future he envisioned for the completed GNU operating system. "The next steps for us will be to port important software applications to work with the Hurd kernel. From there, we will in a a good position to subsume the Linux kernel's position in free software community".

archive.fo/bLrBR

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/bLrBR
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hooooooly SHIT SHITS HAPPENING xD

April Foolds day is tomorrow, dingleberry.

April 1st isn't here in my timezone, so I thought it was real.

Here's a better fool's joke: gnu.org

LOLL

The HURD is an interesting approach to implementing a microkernel. The problem is RMS overestimated how broken Mach 3 was.

underestimated*

how could you

Shitposts in a troll thread are always underrated. No need to point that out.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
MODS DELET THIS NOW!

>archive.fo/bLrBR

april fools is tomorrow

I saw this and thought "Nobody's really going to care, it's not gonna be good enough to replace Linux" and then I realized OP is just a retard nigger probably from MIT that doesn't know when April Fools Day is.

I'm a subscriber to the Hurd mailing list. You can't fool me with your words of fiction!

The mods actually existing is probably the funniest April Fools Day joke I've heard in a long time

LEAVE RICHARD STALLMAN ALONE!!one

8=======> ~

You got me.

LINUX ON SUICIDE WATCH

The goose of friendship is here to protect you, user.
Watch this webm to recover your positive emotional energy.

check