Stop Worshiping Stallkike

Stallman boycotts Coca-Cola on the MERE RUMORS that they aid paramilitary groups in the assassinations of Marxist Union Organizers. He's fucking retarded, and with the amount of lives lost from people trying to adopt that failed ideology, I'd say "God Bless you, Coca-Cola", if it ever turned out to be proven true that they actually did so.
He also hypocritically insists on drinking Pepsi Cola which is made using a secret recipe and which cannot be legally duplicated and resold under a different brand, or even used as an ingredient of a new product for sale without the express consent of the company. He tries to rationalize it by making a distinction with some bullshit about food recipes, a distinction that does not exist because it's the exact same fucking scenario as legally a food product.
He's such a colossal failure he couldn't even create a kernel for his life-work project. The GNU Hurd STILL doesn't have a stable release. This guy isn't a software engineer, he's not a philosopher, he's a sophist living off of the donations of well-intended individuals who have bought into his dumbass ideology.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jUibaPTXSHk&t=14m20s
gnu.org/gnu/rms-lisp.en.html
draketo.de/english/free-software/howto-hurd-140-chars
gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd/neighborhurd.html
gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd/subhurd.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know enough about that to comment.
mm
Secret soda recipes are not software, and so don't fall under Stallman's philosophy of free software.
the distinction is that I can't strip personal control from someone by selling them a drink with a proprietary formula. I CAN however strip personal control of someone running proprietary software that I write.
you try writing a microkernel
so GPL advocates are well intended? I think you need to make up your mind here.

Oh shit, I bit the bait, here goes:

Who gives a fuck? I shouldn't listen to sound advice because he doesn't like Coca-Cola?

This is a fallacy of false equivalence. A bottle of Pepsi cannot spy on you, sell your information to advertisers, or blackmail you in any way. Food doesn't need to be closed source, it just needs to be regulated, hence the FDA.

Kill yourself. I'm not even joking, hang yourself Microsoft employee. This is the worst bait I have ever tasted.

You should boycott Coca-Cola because phosphoric acid dissolves your teeth and causes all sorts of other health problems.

something created by David A. Moon and Guy L. Steele, Jr., and shittily ported by Stallman, and had to be fixed up by more competent programmers.
This one he actually did create from scratch, but no one really used it much until, yet again, other people came along and improved his shoddy work.
not programming dood

I thought he boycotted Coke because of those touch-screen soda machines running on non-free software?

he boycotts the entire company
youtube.com/watch?v=jUibaPTXSHk&t=14m20s

im sorry user i broke my webm converter and I deleted the sources of my previous versions like a retard

Chemistry is most simple way to control people, you can theoretically completely short-circuit person's free will with right kind of food.

Putting some addictive drug in a drink and make consumers return and buy more of it would be most simple and crude way to do something like that, but who says there're no way some more subtle influence happening?

Implications of non-free food are way more dire than some numbers on your hard-drive that prevent you from modifying those numbers or something, and the only reason people are not freaking out about stuff we put in our bodies is ages upon ages of culture and history that made it acceptable.

still better than the citric acid that's in every other soda that cause all kind of weird health problems

Unless OP is also getting adulation in spite of failing to write a microkernel (like Stallman), his own (in)ability to write one isn't really relevant. The problem is that Stallman is credited with creating the GNU "OS" when the HURD--and thus the OS--was never completed. Hey, it's only been 34 years. I'm sure year 35 will be the year of the HURD.

If you're implying that writing a microkernel is some kind of monumental engineering task in general, it's not. Dozens, if not hundreds, of people have written functioning microkernels. The MINIX guy has written several.

SmartWater master race.

Free software isn't a religion
Inane comment

What does this have to do with free software ?
He went in the said country, he has to freedom to drink it or not just like you.

Correction
Autistic

A soft drink is not a tool.
Software is a tool.
A tool of creation.
You cannot create anything with a soft drink.
Contrarily to a software you cannot magically stop a food recipe from being copied or stopping someone to create a similar tasting version.

Literally BTFO the whole symbolic team to himself.
Create GCC
Created emacs.
Created GNU.
Participated in the creation of scheme.
Created and pioneered a lot of the still used knowledge in Artificial intelligence and robotics.

Dito

They made their own version
Add to make it port to something else PDP-10 Assembler and wrote it from scratch
gnu.org/gnu/rms-lisp.en.html

Agreed but cola isn't something necessary to the body.
The day that patented water comes to surface then worries will have to be shown.

Do you know how much people where involved in that project for 10/15 years ?
Also it works now
draketo.de/english/free-software/howto-hurd-140-chars

The vision of RMS for the design of the Micro kernel was a bit special.
And very problematic.
If they would have found a solution basically the kernel could never crash.
But hey they are actually creating something very cool.
gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd/neighborhurd.html
gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd/subhurd.html

SHILL AS FUCK
coca cola is run by one of the top 6 companies in the world. i think it's actually one of them.

The GNU microkernel has long been mature, the nature of microkernels means it's not difficult to write and mature it. The hard part is writing a complex Unix replacement of servers.

Don't fucking eat lemons too, then. They have a lot of citric acid. Or any citrus fruits for that matter. Sage because bait thread

Where were you when you realized Holla Forums was retarded?

Do you know how much fucks I give?

lol, yeah, it "works", i.e. boots to a prompt in a virtual machine. I've written a kernel that can do that. Big fuckin' deal.

The HURD is a failure, and no amount of blog posts demonstrating that someone can get it to boot without a kernel panic changes that.

So the HURD is "special" and doesn't work.

Kinda like RMS.

Actually, they did find a solution, and it was very Zen. They created a kernel that would never crash by making it such garbage that nobody would ever run it and, hence, it would never crash.

Objective achieved.

Seriously, you don't need to go all RMSIDF. Stallman's a big boy who has done very well for himself mooching off of others, and he doesn't need you to defend him.

It's the industrial citric acid that's the issue, because it's made using a specific mold, and there is mold residue in the food product. It's not made with citrus fruit.

no u

Arguments given: 0
Butts hurt: 1
Writing to 0xB8000 and getting keyboard input is baby-tier. Did you even take a look at the HURD source code?
xD

Kill yourself immediately shill.

I don't need to give an argument. The fact that HURD had only 1 developer isn't an excuse. In fact, it's pathetic. It means everybody but that 1 developer realized how worthless the HURD was and decided to work on something else instead.

Let's just call it Stallman-tier.

If I wanted to look at a big pile of shit, I'd visit the elephant pen at the zoo.

What exactly am I "shilling" for? Not being a retarded GNU/Cuck? Sure, I'll cop to that.

When you make a statement, you have to prove it. First you implied Stallman has never done anything and when you were proven wrong, you started sperging out about GNU/Hurd.
His opinion on soda beverages is not related to his views on software freedom.
Your argumentation is based on logical fallacies and arguments ad hominem, therefore you must be a shill.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/reddit/
Make your choice.

He's a genius, and he INVENTED Free Software. I'll let him off for being a Marxist.

At my local shops this is literally the cheapest water, I don't get how.

That's fine, I boycott Coca-Cola on their well-documented support for marxist groups in the U.S. I boycott Pepsi too for the same reason though.

This is Holla Forums. You can't embed videos here.

He's an Idiot Sevant. Take what he says and rationally disseminate the idiotic parts with the true parts. it's kind of like Alex Jones. he goes into autistic rants but some (and I mean A LOT) of what he has said has some truth in it. Really weird people though.

It is very well known that the US and various corporations are funding paramilitary groups, most visibly in Latin America. Just look at Honduras.
You're way more autistic than Stallman.

He has no clue how to persuade people, but he's an expert on how to turn people against him and his movement. This is because he comes off as a creep when he mentions things like Raping a Flower with his nose, complaining about babies being born, the Church of Emacs is just pure edge "hurr hurr we celebrate the lose of virginity!", and there are a million more examples (Toe Cheese eating on camera comes to mind).

Is he right about things? In a lot of regards, yes he is, but really his biggest obstacle is himself. Some might argue that it shouldn't matter, only the facts should matter. Those people have no clue how persuasion works. With persuasion, facts don't matter, you must play to people's emotions and change their internal feelings.

it's the only way to live.
But the enemies of freedom we can't forgive!

Hackers, you'll be free!

absolutely disgusting

Fuck that shit. I quit cold turkey. Now the taste of cola just disgusts me (although orange or grape soda is still acceptable if there's no real fruit juice).

Artificial fruit flavors are garbage shit that have no place in your body, second only to artificial dyes. You can identify the exact chemicals responsible. Mostly aromatic aldehydes. If you've ever smelled a bottle of pure benzaldehyde you'll be able to taste it in cherry coke, especially if it's been poorly mixed in a fountain. It's subtle but awful and it sticks to your mouth for an hour. Other fruity flavors are made with similar chemicals. If you looked at the NFPA toxicity ratings for the ingredients in coke the only one that isn't rated 2 or above is the fucking water they use (even though it's probably loaded with fluoride)

Stallman seems to be under the impression that anywhere he goes, he's still at the MIT AI lab where his antics are welcome. It is so cringy when he put on the robe and glues a giant disc to the back of his head to LARP as St. Ignucius, or in the middle of a talk about software freedom he goes on a tangent on how abortion would solve half the world's problems. You can do that sort of thing when talking to hacker nerds, but when you are trying to talk to normal people you also have to act normal.

Where the eagles fly, I will soon be there
if you want to, come along with me my friend, say the words and you'll be free from the mountains to the sea,
we'll fight for freedom again

It's not a rumor and I thank Stallman for bringing it to my attention because it's exactly why I don't drink Coca-Cola products anymore. Luckily I stopped drinking soft drinks in general a few years ago anyway.

I wish he was a Marxist but he's really just another New Deal social democrat.

i support the idea of free software and shit... i personally use 100% floss software on my pc except bios... but GNU is bit religious about software and i dont like that... but, they have done good job.

rms is a commie and an autist, but he's alright. If he wants to boycott coke because they kill people, he doesn't like the color or even because he feels like it that's his right you doublenigger.

That's because Hurd is unnecessary. When Linux joined the free software world, building a GNU kernel became non-critical.

so you only drink hard drinks?

this

And btw, linux is not part of GNU because it contains non-free blobs, BUT they are two separate projects who decided to cooperate.

Not him, but I like tea, coffee, and lemon flavored water.

my nigga, i also like pear and apple flavors
this is different user btw

Good to see an user with good, non-faggot taste in flavored water. Pic related is my brand of choice here.

u polish?

this is my shit

what makes you think of that ?
Is it better of some statement or because what people say ?
Anyway you can't be religious about software.

explain that to normalfags..

I won't say live.
It's a way of having control over tools.
And like any tool you build your live around these tools.
There is no secret about that, it's a no brainer.
You don't have control over your tools you aren't in control of your life.

Normalfags need to understand that you can't be religious about tools.
It's impossible religion comes from the belief of nothing or more likely from a fairy tail.
Free Software or hardware is only technical and can only be technical.
There is no misery.
What can be compare to a religion tho is non-free software since you can't have any direct proof of anything.
Hype marketing or Apple is more close to a religion than free software is.

Mystery

i agree with that...

The word he's looking for is dogmatic and there's no denying stallman is a dogmatic extremist when it comes to FOSS. But we need people like him to keep our freedom alive

Actually, if you manage to somehow figure out the recipe, they can't legally do anything against you.
If you come across the recipe through unlawful means (say, espionage), you will face the full weight of the law.

Liquid jew is alcohol. Carbonated jew is soda, you doofus.

its actually the fizzy jew, thanks

Neither does Windows 10.

your larping is shit