Why is this show so goddamn popular all of a sudden

Literally every fucking day I have heard someone talk about something Rick and Morty related. It's fucking everywhere.

there's a video game or movie of that shit released recently i think. i remember reading it but i don't watch cartoons anymore so i didn't even really know what that show was.

I honestly have no idea, it is a really terrible show

it was really great then went shit tier this season for some reason

It became popular because of the drunk antics of Rick, and due to the nostalgia trip for 'Back to the Future' crowd. It blew right the fuck up because the show got into deeper shit; Rick abandoning his daughter, divorce, Rick killing entire realities because he grew bored of them, slavery, the reality the morality is totally elective and subjective, etc.

I don't care for the comedy of the earlier seasons. I want the emotional shit that normies don't like talking about, but would rather be spoon fed - by comparison to horseshit like Friends/How I fucked your mom, this ditched spoon feeding and shovels uncomfortable truths on.

Also, I highly recommend the last season of Moral Orel, and Over the Garden Wall.

thats retarded and not new at all

Is anyone else bored of this nihilist narrative that every piece of story-telling media follows nowadays?
It was interesting and relatively different10 years ago, maybe, but now it's everywhere. It's always the same message, that "oh, the universe has no meaning and whatever, how deep and original. This totally hasn't been done before"

me

PICKLE RICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not just the media but every normie now thinks being self deprecating and negative all the time is cool

I feel tempted to start a thread to discuss that.

LOLOLOL LMFAO

did a woman write the pickle rick episode?

I'm pretty sure a new season started like a month ago.

To be fair the only universe we've seen him part destroy was sort of accidental.

Wouldn't be surprised. We have to get "muh diversity (TM)" in there.

everything that appeals to stupid people

This is a program aimed at brain-dead redneck meatheads with no imagination

it's funny

what did he mean by this?

Good job paying attention. She even got lucky that Asians are still considered a diversity hire, considering that they're scheduled to be the next on the chopping block once the sjws are done killing whitey.

pretty much this

It enjoy it, cause protagonist is a selfish bastard for once with a lot of power, and not the usual failure like in most of the shows of this kind.
The other factor would be his corrupting influence on his own grandson.
That's basically it I guess.

RIKLEC KICP

Your average redditor likes a show filled with normie tier references and very shallow philosophical thought. The people who like the show haven't matured mentally since highschool

the weed-smoking degenerates can apparently "relate" to it, that's why.

you hit the nail right on its head m9
also fuck this show its creators can eat a pinecone

This show resembles reddit to me. Somehow the animation style makes the cartoon feel lame and miserable when watching it. It's also nothing original. It has something from every popular cartoon collected into one sack and re-branded as something outstanding and fresh. I did force myself through it's first season so I could talk with my friends about something common, but I wasn't anticipating to see next episodes. I didn't like how they were forcing the drunk type as something normal, as if it's okay to be a drunk piece of shit all the damn time.
It's aimed towards millennials by having muh feels, misery and household problems, that is making their lives hard to bear in their opinion, and a place where to escape from them all.
Basically, it's just a lame cartoon product for certain group that can't stop jerking their tiny cocks about it.

What are you saying?

Is the government mixing something in the water or the food to change the effects of weed?

Oh boy. Its like that MKU thing, isn't it?

/thread

You should. Depression had become a trendy normal fag meme.