New phone

So I have an upgrade with Verison. I currently have a shitty flip phone and don't know shit about smart phones.
What would you recommend I get?
No apple.

OnePlus One
Then install Dirty Unicorns ROM.

I have a (flexible) budget of around $200

then get a wallmart straight talk shitphone

Then sell something or you're going to get a phone that doesn't even have 4G

if you jew out you can get a decent smartphone with 4G actually.

If he wants a used one, sure.

Get a Moto G phone

They are fantastic for the price

G5 or G5 plus, maybe even the G5 play if you wanna poorfag it
ignore the moto G4/plus it overheats under moderate load

t. g4 owner

Got a Samsung Galaxy J3 2016 from TextNow for $70.

5" 720 x 1280 screen
Super AMOLED
8 GB internal storage with microSD slot
LTE
Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 8916
Quad-core, 1200 MHz, ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit, 28 nm
1.5 GB RAM
8 MP/ 5 MP front cameras

I'm very satisfied with it.

Same situation as OP. Any anons have the Samsung Galaxy S8? Do you recommend it?

kys

I like Samsung apps and I don't mess with ROMs because I want my phone to function properly.

get google pixel op. there is no bloatware on it.

lel
least throw lineage and openbotnetapps on it.

I want the oneplus 5 but then I realized I dont have $500, so it really came down to the moto g5/plus I saw were okay I guess but then I also saw the oneplus x which should be around $200 but everywhere I see online are selling them for $300 like wtf?

Still dont know what to get, my last phone was a moto x(2nd gen) and man that was shit. I fucking hate the phone now, but it doesnt even work anymore, like my wifi doesnt work. Fuck.

root/flash the motox like i said in the Holla Forums thread.
it's not hard.

What does that even do? My wifi is B R O K E N. I need a new phone. Its S H I T.

What is there to dislike?

The stock Samsung file manager is streamlined and not bloated. I use the lightweight Gingerbread music player, notepad, and NewPipe from F-Droid.

The battery charges quickly and lasts a long time. So tell me why should I void my warranty to make the phone "better" with a custom ROM?

Can confirm that the G4 gets quite hot just when roaming + using Jewgle maps, but so far it didn't explode. Would still buy it if I'd be OP since the G5 doesn't bring a lot of advantages besides having a metal case and being a tit-bit smaller.

t. G4 owner

Anything with quad core 1.2ghz or better with 1.5gb ram or better and android 5 and above

You can turn the phone into a slightly less powerful version of the new modern phones like the S8 and the less expensive J20 or K20, these phones belonging to samsung.

Im sure other people will speak about different brands like the HTC and shit but ive only dealt with samsung and LG thus far

Lg has shit for phones and they can be expensive and not worth it

Samsung has a new model out to replace the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime model with the new Samsung On5 model

I have the On5 rooted via Odin using TWRP.

In fact,

If you spend more than 80$ on an android smart phone you should be considered dumb as shit because you gotta look for the specs just like when youre browsing parts for a new computer no matter how cliche that can sound

In addition to spending a lower amount of money on a smart phome utilizing android os, adding a custom ROM automatically disables all of the seemingly harmless activity within the os that drains your battery while its locked and screen is black/turned off

Furthermore, you are not voiding warranty with hardware and you can always restore the default stock rom using the backup feature before rooting but also with some decent research into finding the default stock OEM roms.

In addition to upscaling your battery life, ability to delete unwanted bloatware, and ability to install cracked apps you can also unlock your phones ability to use other phone service carriers such as an ATT phone being unlocked to use Verizon Wireless or T-Mobile etc

But hey all please remember to each their own and nobody is forcing you to do anything so quit acting like a bunch of fucking shills, the faggot OP is just requesting information in regards to selecting a modern day android style smart phone

To each their own faggots aint nobody making you live your own life, you choose how you want to live

You wanna mod your phone? Dont be a dick about it

You dont wanna mod your phone? Dont be a dick about it

Forgot to add Samsung On5 with TWRP root works just as good as a Galaxy S7 and the phone itself was only 40$ and the monthly plan is 56$ (would be 51$/month if i didnt add the extra insurance package for an extra 5$/month)

This phone is specifically Metro PCS but again, these phones can be unlocked to use ANY carrier upo rooting. This one has a SIM Card input just fyi

Also even though i called you out for being a dick, you still have a great point about some of the default apps samsung has to offer. They can actually be better than any of the custom apps you can download for free

could be a software problem, which is why i suggested that. restore it to factory at least.

I've never had a good experience with stock samsung devices. maybe they upped their game with touchjizz and made it less of a bloated mess that doesn't use +80% of the ram right out of the box. but I doubt it.

while I agree with your other points your wrong here, samsung has knox so if you send it in after you flashed it it has a counter for that crap and you'll be shit outta luck. likewise motorola makes you put in the phones IMEI into their site to get an unlock code for the device, the use of which voids the warranty.

OP reporting in. I ignored all of you fags and let Chad sell me the Samsung galaxy j7. How badly did I just fuck up?

You know what i completely forgot about KNOX but i do believe there is a workaround for not tripping it though im sure that would require more extensive and risky work because i believe you also have to install a certain custom rom and aint nobody got time for that lol

Also i thought to unlock your phone through services on the web you always had to use the IMEI # on any phone? I dont know anything about motorola phones tho i get the point of it tripping the security for having a custom rom flashed in the hardware

Well i suppose if your phone is over 80$ then the warranty would be applicable but anything 80$ and under, the parts cost just as much as a brand new replacement phone of the same model

All in all its just like computer parts, apple macintosh and iOS are super expensive for no reason meanwhile you can grab windows machines for a fraction of the price for the apple counterpart

Dun goofed hard than a bitch dawg

Nah actually my mom got the same exact phone as an update to her flip phone and it has an Octo-core cpu

Hopefully you didnt pay too much for it but now you got yourself a top of the line modern smart phone now

So when you taking us all out for drinks for helping you faggot

what I spoke of was a code to unlock the bootloader for custom shit.

Have a relatively botnet free phone

full pleb

goto XDA
find root thread
root phone, install TWRP, flash offical Lineage 14.1 and open gapps if you want that cancer

Fuck off, krypto-kike

Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. Does everything you'd want a smartphone to do. Cheap. Expand memory at will with microSD. It can't use high-performance game apps, the camera's a bit crap and the resolution isn't latest gen, but the screen still looks good and everything runs smoothly. Runs android 5.11.

I recommend you get a new flip phone for $30 more. Don't fall for the smartphone jew.

Not really. All your SMS messages can still be intercepted easily and there's probably hardware backdoors left, right and center.

My zte grand x maxx 2 has preformed flawlessly this year, better than an iPhone 7plus and 1/3 as much, too bad it's discontinued and zte hasn't came out with a better one yet, might go modular with the new Motorola's, any advice?
Fuck Apple
Fuck samsung

Why would you add $5 monthly for insurance on a phone that only costs $40 you retard