You fucks are getting worse. Put some thought into your cancer. A good community thrives on intelligence...

You fucks are getting worse. Put some thought into your cancer. A good community thrives on intelligence. Opinions on electrical outlets?

we had this thread last week, and it only got 3 replies. gfci outlets are fucking gay

I had the same question last week, dumbfuck

and i replied to it last week, dumbfuck. that's how i knew we had the thread last week

I told you to put some thought into it, remember? Better answer before you get b& now

Hey last week I tried to replace an outlet in my mom's house and accidentally torn the ground cable. How bad is it to have an outlet without a ground cable?

Did you leave your mom in the toilet?

i did put thought into it. this post is the condensed version

huh?

Might not work. Stick a fork in it.

ground and neutral are connected together in the breaker box. just connect them together in the outlet and you're good to go

But I tore the ground cable from the inside of the wall.

at the outlet's terminals, connect the ground and the neutral together. should be 3 terminals on the outlet. black wire for the hot, white for neutral, and green (or bare) for ground. in most systems (except for gfci outlets, which are fucking gay) the ground and neutral are electrically identical, since they're connected together in the breaker box. cut a jumper wire for your ground lead. wire nut the ground lead together with your neutral leads so that both the ground and neutral in the box feed into the neutral lead running inside the walls. it's fine.

t. former military electrician

That errant assumption is where you went astray OP. This is not a good community. It isn't a community at all, it is the last stall in a campground pit latrine and hasn't been useful in over a year. Not even the guy whose job it is to clean it up is willing to do so, and can't even stand being in the campground anymore just because he knows it exists and is associated with his name.
You are giving Holla Forums credit for being something that it is not.

That errant assumption is where you went astray tbh

dysnomia needs to officialy ban halfchan tier treads

I agree. This thread is a nice change.

Thats a fucking shame

thx food user you have inspire me to start raiding treads

why do you keep saging?

user, did you get your outlet fixed?