How do you argue? I'm bad at it

I just had a beta male and two women run a train on me discussing why everyone should be a vegan.

I can't know about everything, so since I was not versed in it, nor did I do a lot of research on it, so I fucked up by telling them they're stupid and I eat meat all the time and have good skin because I use skin care products daily and take care of my hygiene, and that humans don't have long guts and that we are opportunistic gatherer species and do accoding to their diet memes a paleo diet is closer to our actual natural diet.

I was outnumbered anyway so I just gave up. How would I have won that?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3515293/Vegetarian-diet-raises-risk-heart-disease-cancer.html
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/kb7zae/how-the-media-got-a-study-about-vegetarianism-wrong-food-diet-nutrition-vegetarian-colon-cancer-heart-disease
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Honestly, I'd just say you're not supposed to. Don't fight about it, and move on. If they insist it's what they want to talk about, tell them you don't know enough to chat about it, and disengage. You win this arguement just by having a sense for and signifigant amount of education in biology, and having some serious rhetoric skills, and that's not something everyone necessarily should be expected to have.

HOW

You can't logic someone out of a position they didn't logic into.

Sorry user, I'm not a god like you.

Thanks user. I think you're right. Nice dubs too.

Thanks. You'd probably be happier just letting them be wrong at you, even if it happens regularly, unless these were strangers or something. If these are co-workers, friends of friends, etc. You might want to be on their good side even if they're fucking retards.

They're friends. We agree on 80% of things. I debated whether it was worth it to argue at all but I didn't want other people to make fun of them.

If other people make fun of them, then it won't be you looking bad.

I know that's why I felt I needed to stop them from being retarded about that so they don't go say it to someone else who'll make a fool of them.

I get to choose the battlefield, and the enemy who I am arguing. I want there to be an audience.
I do not care about what I impact I have on the person I am arguing with, but the impact on the audience. This where real mind changing occurs.

I will analyse their tactics and their arguments and have retorts ready for them. Lots of general knowledge about the topic at hand too. Have statistics and other facts ready at all times.
If the argument is sudden and worth having, I will just use common sense and memory.

If the argument doesn't have any impact, don't have it

Body language is also very important, look confident in your beliefs. Vid related.

Fucking roasty voice

Most of vegetables that aren't completely organic have a fuckton of pesticides, which are really bad for your body. These pesticides mess with your sex hormones and thyroid hormones.
Vegetables are great when organic, but only eating vegetables can negatively impact you. Meat provides you with the proteins needed to build tissue and helps keep your testosterone up (this depends on the meat your eating). There are vegetable alternatives to meat for protein, but they also negatively affect testosterone levels because they have phytoestrogens in them. Soy is a great example of that.

They're not exactly wrong about most of those things–especially the part about slaughter house conditions.

I'm not even a vegetarian, but I'm not going to argue with a vegan because I'll probably agree more than I disagree. I like the eat-what-you-kill lifestyle, so I'm thinking about getting a hunting license soon.

Die

I feel like if I said what you said it wouldn't have worked.

carry a gun like i do. in my state open carry without a license is lawful. so what i do is when i feel like i'm losing an argument or three person arguing is not listening to me properly, i start touching gun subtly until i notice that they see me doing that. if they're particularly dense, i might unholster it and pretend to be examining it (i never point it at them). usually they kind of nervously laugh and maybe make a joke, at which i don't smile. it defuses the situation though and they'll back down from whatever high horse they were riding.

Organic produce requires pesticide that is MORE toxic because is less effective than synthetic chemicals tailored to only affect pests. Most things that kill bugs are going to have some effect in the human body.

You're going to get yourself shot by cops.

What effect does this human female have then user?

Disgust. Chinks shall be purged.

You take a long hard look at your OP and it seems like you know the answer.

you cant

YOU SURE SHOWED ME user!

Don't argue. Say "I'm glad that the lifestyle you have chosen is working for you." If they keep blathering, say, "I'm not really looking for advice at this point." What you eat or wear is none of anyone else's business.

Heart disease
dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3515293/Vegetarian-diet-raises-risk-heart-disease-cancer.html

You should say if humans were not meant to eat meat then meat would not taste so good to us, we literally evolved to eat it and it contains nutrients important for your body.

I actually said that user, and they said 'no we didn't we evolved to eat plant and anything we choose to eat!!!1!"

Then ask then why there are four spiky teeth.
How tf did you loose

Their response to your link

I'll get back to you when they respond.

Ez as fuck m8.

this is the newspaper that reported a woman died from smoking a spliff

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/kb7zae/how-the-media-got-a-study-about-vegetarianism-wrong-food-diet-nutrition-vegetarian-colon-cancer-heart-disease

article about how the daily mail article mis-represented its source

the original study said that if a person has vegetarian ancestors, they should eat vegetarian, otherwise eating meat would be bad for them

this was a result of a genetic mutation that distributed over generations of a group of people being vegetarian ie you would have to be vegetarian for multiple lifetimes for this to even result from a vegetarian diet and then they would only have a negative effect if they ate meat.

so the story is

if peoples are vegetarian, their genes will make them adapt to being vegetarian by synthesising a nutrient that they might otherwise get from eating meat, the only downside of which that eating meat might be worse for them than it already is. somehow they turned this into being a vegetarian is bad for you, when in fact its eating meat that is having the negative effect.

i mean this shit is just common sense, and can be disproven by a simple thought exercise

the more red meat you eat the more at risk of heart disease, diabetes and obesity you are

the more spinach you eat the healthier you get

this article reeks of meat industry propaganda akin to the likes seen with smoking in the 20th century embed related

Insult and bully the person and make everyone else think they're wrong.

When an opponent says somethibg blatantly wrong, don't try to formulate a counterargument or rebuttal. It's a waste of energy and they'll just pick apart your wording to poke holes in it. Instead, it's mlre effective to say, "But that's wrong, you fucking retard. That's flat-out and comletely wrong." And if they are actually wrong it'll derail their whole train of thought and probably put them on the defensive, or win the argument if they're already defending.

things that taste nice do so because in a hunter gatherer society where survival was a day to day consideration, rare foods that could sustain you untill tomorrow would taste super awesome so that when they were found they were consumed fully and immediately to in order to reap the immediate gains that such a finite supply of that type of food might give

anything that was high in fat and sugar, would keep a person moving, for a short period of time for sugar, and slightly longer period of time for fat. but if a person tried to sustain their existence solely on these things, they would perish. because they were in short supply and gave large immediate benefits, genes developed to associate enjoyment from consuming these

things that are actually good for you, that would help sustain a persons existence taste not so nice - brussels sprouts for instance.

so meat falls into the category of fatty things that taste nice. it was something that was supposed to be rare, and tastes nice because if you were on the brink of starvation it would get you through to tomorrow. but if you arent dying of starvation its benefits are negligible if not none. and if its in excess, consuming it ad nauseum because your instincts tell you that you should consume as much as you can because its rare is going to be unhealthy because it was only ever needed in small amounts in desperate times. it was only ever available in small amounts, and now its not needed its available in abundance.

things that you actually need to survive that dont taste good you can eat as much as you want and only get healthier.

sugar is more of a drug than it is a food stuff. the way it is extracted from plants, its white powdery appearance, and its speedy effects on a human being are all in similar to other narcotics whilst having minimal nutritional value

inb4

so it is, but i put it to you getting sugar from eating green leaves is much better for you than getting it from white powder.

then perhaps meat has been cultivated in a similar way to be distributed as narcotic, a drug thats manufacture is dependant on the blood letting of living creatures. what is meats high? if it has one it is perhaps quite subtle, when you are dependant on a drug you dont tend to notice the effects of it until you go cold turkey then start consuming it again. i have heard it been suggested that meat makes people more aggressive. i believe there is a lethargy and an apathy to eating animal fat. have you ever heard someone say that they are on a mcdonalds crash? perhaps this is from other shit they put in their food like msg, but my guess it has something to do with their hormone pumped meat

maybe meat doesnt even taste that great. perhaps its an acquired taste like coffee or beer. coffee another drug like sugar, really does taste like shit, its extremely bitter, if people didnt drink from a young age or force themselves to drink it they would never have enjoyed it, perhaps the same goes for meat.

perhaps brussels sprouts would taste better if mcdonalds started marketing mc brussels sprouts instead of big macs

look at this picture an imagine "buh duh buh buh buh, i'm loving it" in your head and tell me if you think that brussels sprouts taste better than they did before

makes you wander why mcdonalds are so persistent in brainwashing people to buy into an industry that relies on millions of animals being murdered

Nigger you serious?

GMO cross pollination ensures all your vegetables are fucked.