225-year-old Christopher Columbus Monument Destroyed by Antifa Terrorist with Sledgehammer

TERRORIST ACT AGAINST WHITE CULTURE COMMITTED THIS MORNING I get replies on social media saying “but who cares about the Civil War monuments” or “they can never stop free speech” or “there's just no way they will ever be able to do ‘x’ it's illegal”. Wake up folks, they're doing it all. Censoring websites for wrongthink (regardless if you agree with the message free speech is free speech), they're attacking, defacing, and tearing down monuments and statues all across these great United States, and they're not going to stop with those.

archive.is/NigdN

Other urls found in this thread:

politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/08/15/abrams-calls-for-removal-of-confederate-faces-off-stone-mountain/
change.org/p/georgia-state-house-protect-stone-mountain-and-the-history-it-holds?recruiter=9879879&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition
ic.galegroup.com/ic/uhic/ReferenceDetailsPage/ReferenceDetailsWindow?query=&prodId=UHIC&displayGroupName=Reference&limiter=&disableHighlighting=true&displayGroups=&sortBy=&zid=&search_within_results=&action=2&catId=&activityType=&documentId=GALE|CX2831200309&source=Bookmark&u=mlin_s_martha&jsid=f26d4a420f49a00c775c39e87eecb4b1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_draft_riots
abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/greeley.htm
civilwar.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think what I'm more disgusted by is the clear disregard for history these faggots have. This shit is on par with book burning, only 10X fucking worse.

i know you dont like sargon of fat but w/e

this is sad tbh.

"someone smashy smashed this statue I never cared about before!"

Being such a moral fag you have sacred cows in things you found out about last week.

i'm just waiting for them to be classified as a terrorist organization

Are Brits naturally this fucking stupid?

yes.

What a fucking moral fag holy shit.

I mean literally who cares?

Yeah nah, you're a faggot

American education.

These trips don't lie. The defacing on monuments attributed to your country's history is fucking disgusting.

There's an expectation and unspoken agreement here in the New World that if you make a fucking statue, especially if it's custom and ESPECIALLY if it's handmade, that shit is to last forever. Probably a matter of Mount Rushmore or something cultural but it's a gigantic fucking deal when statues get broken. It's not something civilized fucking humans do. It's like smashing someone's urn. It's like digging up a grave. Even if you don't know whose grave it was, you don't DO THAT SHIT, MAN.

american history is shameful. the victims of america should smash all the monuments to that dire past of the indian genocide, slavery, colonialism, racial segregation, invasion of foreign states….

america is killing itself from within and there is unbridled joy in much of the world. there is excitement that you deserve every smashed face you get. the world is weary of your fat horrible mouths and your stupid, mean minds and your appallingly educated children. smash yourself in the head with a hammer, faggot. do 2 billion people a favor

Is this an "act of terrorism" as well?
Should we keep soviet monuments forever too because someone placed effort in them?

I'm Canadian. I'm sorry you have to use braille to surf Holla Forums - We've got flags on right now, baguette.

Every history is shameful, my man. Early American history is European history - Your, history. Should modern Spain lose things for the horrible things they did to mesoamerica? You know there's a fucking Wikipedia page dedicated to French massacres, right? You have any idea what Rome did to the rest of Europe, how much culture they destroyed?

History's nasty and horrible and wrong and it needs to be remembered. Destroying monuments is consent to having your own monuments destroyed.

What the fuck, yes. Absolutely, I'd defend Soviet monuments just as much as Canadian ones. I don't know I'd call spraypaint an act of terror, but it sure is some distasteful goddamn vandalism.

Americans still think Columbus was some great hero. If we assume everyone knows history, maybe it can stay as an eerie reminder as to how retarded people were back in the day. But right now they do actually worship Columbus so I don't see a difference between knocking his monument down and knocking a monument of some dictator down.

When the monuments are gone and the history books are censored how will we avoid the mistakes of the past?

Nobody "cares" about ornaments. They just make a place look better. What we care about is not having a bunch of spoiled brats smashing things *they* don't care about.

Who's talking about censoring history here? That's a big leap.

Heard of the Paris Massacre of 1961? Champ de Mars? Setif and Guelma? Thiaroye? The French "reign of terror" following the French Revolution? You realize your culture and history has as much to do with Canada's historical treatment of natives as the UK does, right?

Even given this, I would never in a million fucking years smash French monuments, and we expect the same courtesy. I wouldn't imply French history is shameful or should be destroyed because every country's history is shameful, and has managed to be beautiful in spite of it.

You don't do that shit, man. You don't fuck with someone else's statues.

Americans nowadays don't generally think any one thing, and you'd be just as likely to see people giving thanks to Columbus as you would see them fucking cursing his memory.

If we assume not everyone knows history, maybe we shouldn't fuck with monuments, so they can tell us "hey, asshole, look at this. this thing happened, for better or worse." Don't knock down some dictator's monuments, nevermind some shit about Columbus, or you'll just find history repeating itself.

That's what destroying monuments is. You're destroying history. These are artifacts.

Next Nazi invasion when?

Having a monument to someone is a sign of respect. If it's in a public place it's implied he is someone that deserves to be worshipped. That's the reason muslims aren't supposed to build monuments, because worshipping someone else than their god is haram.
Nobody is saying Columbus wasn't real or some shit, just that he doesn't deserve statues.
Also, Americans literally celebrate "Columbus day".

soon

lolno. And even if it did as user said it's a piece of history. Muslims are retarded and their opinions are irrelevant to this.

Having a monument isn't paying respect to nobody or nothing, it's putting your nation's history on display. You're literally explaining to us the mental gymnastics you have to hoop through to get to the conclusion that a statue means anything inherently, and expect it to be believable? That's a goddamn rock carving, I don't fucking give a shit where it is or if I like it or not. A statue's the same as a painting or a book, it's literally just someone asking you to remember them.

Statues aren't an honor, they're a piece of fucking rock. Maybe, if we keep relics of Columbus around, we won't forgive and forget how shitty he was.

This video is more relevant than ever with you retards abound

Oh, shit, I hadn't heard of Poland's Bloody Sunday (1939), nor the Kielce Pogrom (1946) or the Pawlokoma Massacre (1945). I'm afraid we need to burn your books and smash your statues, polak.

This all started cause the American revolutionaries hated history and had to go tear down all the statues of King George and other British fuckers. Now everyone thinks it's ok.

I'm not even clicking that because having him on your side does more damage than good.

That's IF people know about him and his history. If he has a statue in a public place and people don't know enough about him, they will naturally assume he was someone good because he has a monument dedicated to him. You say statues aren't an honor, why don't we build statues to people we despise then? Are you saying we should build statues to really bad leaders so that we remember them? Do the columbine guys deserve a statue? They're worth remembering. No, instead we build a memorial to the people that died, because they were the good guys in that scenario.

Who the hell is talking about burning books? Stop it right now.

Also, there is no monument to the Pawlokoma Massacre, there only is a monument to the victims.

Well said

Nice ad hom faggot

It's obviously wrong. Don't argue about it, these people need to be stopped. Go sit at your local superracistwhitemale™ statue and shoot anyone that tries to take it down.

What the fuck kind of country is Poland where you look at a statue and assume it's of someone great? We don't build monuments to people we despise, but we sure don't fucking tear down ones that're already made. Burning books and smashing statues are exactly the same thing. You could also try defacing original paintings, or rubbing out cave art. Does the existence of cave paintings make you think woolly mammoths were heroes? Should we worship Ugg, That Guy Who Picked Berries?

Typical cuck not addressing the arugment and thinking that a meme discredits everything he has to say. I know it must be hard for you to understand what pride in your country is like.

Furthermore I do not see how people automatically think that people embodied by statues are good. Surely no one assumes the roman statues of emperors are a total endorsement of them being great people in every facet right? People pretty generally know many of them were degenerates. If we find out that any of the soldiers at the battle of iwo jima killed a civilian do we tear down the statue of the flag raisers?
Statues are an honor to something someone did. Not an honor to their entire personality and everything that person has ever done.

Should we deface all the paintings of kings who did evil shit or is that different?

Apparently niggers are planning on defacing Stone Mountain. As a Georgia-fag this makes me pissed.

Link: politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/08/15/abrams-calls-for-removal-of-confederate-faces-off-stone-mountain/

Also, a petition to keep the carvings too: change.org/p/georgia-state-house-protect-stone-mountain-and-the-history-it-holds?recruiter=9879879&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

Reminder that EUfags are cucked losers who are only brave enough to stand up to other whites to complain at them for not being as cucked as they are.
Britain has already bulldozed thousand-year old churches to make way for mosques
France… is France.
Germany is literally being raped as a country
The EU is over

Nah I'm going to tell you to fuck off back to your no-accomplishment country you mudslime loving faggot

Just because my country's a fucking dumpster fire doesn't mean I can't know what America's got rightish

please God have mercy I hate my country's people so bad but there's so much I love about the land

There's a video somewhere of the guy destroying it I saw last night, wish I could find it.

Canada and the rest of the West is next.

I AM ABSOLUTELY S E E T H I N G WITH RAGE

II'm glad I'll never know what it's like to be this fucking obsessed with someone else's country.

Fucking hell, I can only imagine how whiny you are irl.

Generally speaking, we built monuments and statues to celebrate things, and when those things are only worthy of condemnation, they should be removed.
That's what education is for. Now, get off our fucking dicks, you faggy fucking Canadian.

Go

Good response, fellow canucklehead.

This is no different to when isis destroyed the mosul national treasures for being non islamic historical artefacts. Disgusting on so many levels.
People that do this should be gassed and yet the government are more likely to give them medals for bravery.
What a fucking mess.

militant anti-traditionalist go

Yeah, it's not really like that, but nice fake outrage.

Destroying works of art because they're not Islamic is not the same as destroying statues and monuments that commemorate individuals who committed atrocities.

I think people who take it upon themselves to destroy these things should be prosecuted, but it's baffling that many of our statues and monuments are still standing. Most people are astoundingly ignorant, and so they don't look at statues and think about all the horrible shit it stands for, they often just assume that they must represent something good.

don't really care about this Columbus monument one way or another, but anything that harms nobody and makes conservative assholes furious is ok in my book.

Yeah, okay UGAY. Have fun getting cucked by Tyrone and Achmed.

You aren't very bright are you user.
History should always be preserved, even when times have changed. That's the whole fucking point of history. At most, when it comes to statues, they should be moved to a different location, like a museum of some sort.
You're an idiot

End your own fucking life, dude. You're part of the problem.

It's a crime against humanity you scum

Typical.

Point out the argument here

You get out what you put in, pal.

You want me to explain? Alright, faggot. Monuments stand as reminders about our fucking history. Yes schools will still teach about what happened, but the kikes already make the Confederacy as evul raycisses in the school books. Then it would go even fucking further to completely removing any mention of the Confederacy, and possibly free speech as well. The left will use the removal of the Confederacy as a whole to silence anything they don't like. That includes white hetero cis males.

Also, would you still be sitting there being like "lol it doesn't matter statues don't matter at all nope!" if it was a communist statue, would you?
Statues and monuments stand to honor those who put in the blood, sweat, tears, and effort to achieve their goal.

History, no matter how unpopular, no matter how society changes, MUST be preserved no matter what. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. And we already are repeating it as I type.

And again, you're part of the problem, faggot.

Yes, this must be why Germany has statues of Hitler and monuments of the Nazis all over the place. Again… education (something you probably lack).

Sure, sounds good. It's as if you understand where I'm coming from.

They don't have statues of Hitler because they're libshit pussies, you fucking mong. Also, didn't Hitler pull Germany out of an economic rut after the horrific aftermath of WW1? Fucking Christ, man. Don't compare the Confederacy with Nazis like the rest of the libshit scumbags. They are both very fucking different.

most confederate statues were put up in the 20th century by racists to say FU to black people and the civil rights movement. Now people are saying FU back. Too bad.

Slavery was at the center of the Civil War. Make no mistake, that was the main reason why the confederacy slaughtered hundreds of thousands of people–literally every single Civil War scholar would agree with me.

A communist statue in the States wouldn't make any sense, stop reaching. And I think communism is fucking retarded, so yes, I probably would have a problem with it.

Right, and I don't see how statues are doing anything to teach people anything other than "hey look, it's a statue!". And as I said earlier, most people just assume that a statue or monument represents something good.

Is this faggot serious?
Can you post proof from an unbiased source about that?
Also, >muh history is not an argument.
Too bad your country is getting pumped full of rapefugees every day.

Well, I wasn't really, but now that you mention it, they did both believe in white supremacy, and were willing to slaughter other people because of it–one decided to purge the undesirables, the other wanted to enslave them.

>(((christopher columbus)))
>(((white))) culture
and nothing of value was lost

like i said…
Holla Forums is thattaway faggot

HAHAHAHAhahahahahaha….
No, you illiterate fucking shitbag.
The reason the Union stopped using slaves to pick cotton was because Eli Whitney invented a cheaper-than-slaves cotton-gin. Because of this, it would be cheaper and easier to run cotton picking businesses. Then after that, they wanted the South to do it to by making it a moral issue. The Civil War wasn't about slaves. It was mostly about how they thought a country should be run, I.E. The Union wanted a more centralized government with more control, and the Confederates wanted a more free government. Slaves were only one small part of it. Read a fucking book.

That's TOTALLY what I was saying. I meant in fucking Russia or Cuba or some shit.

You people make me sick. If people are consistently reminded about their history, they will never fucking forget it. People forget school shit all the time, but the statues and monuments help them not forget about it. A son and father could walk up to a statue of Robert E. Lee and tell his son about him and the Civil War, educating the son to be a more intelligent and cultured person.

Gee, what was going on around that time I wonder…
ic.galegroup.com/ic/uhic/ReferenceDetailsPage/ReferenceDetailsWindow?query=&prodId=UHIC&displayGroupName=Reference&limiter=&disableHighlighting=true&displayGroups=&sortBy=&zid=&search_within_results=&action=2&catId=&activityType=&documentId=GALE|CX2831200309&source=Bookmark&u=mlin_s_martha&jsid=f26d4a420f49a00c775c39e87eecb4b1

Still though, if shit was erected by long dead faggots in the early 20th century, that shit means to you that it's okay to remove parts of our history you don't like? Times change, and so do people. Just because a statue was erected during a time of strife between multiple groups of people doesn't mean it can't stand for goodness and our history years later.

Quit making excuses for Antifag. Their movement is shit, needlessly voilent, and degenerate. The only reason I bring them up Since you'll probably question me about it to try to prove some point is because Antifag have been the main shitheads spearheading all of the monument defacing.

Heh, no. Sure it was about states rights… and slavery was THE MAIN right at the center of the conflict. But this isn't even up for debate, so I don't know why I'm addressing it. Your knowledge of history is distorted. Read a book.

Kek what exactly was that? Communism doesn't stand for all of the things that usually results from the implimentation of communism, so communist memorials aren't quite the same as confederate memorials. That said, I would sympathize with people's desire to remove those memorials.

KEK. I really don't know why I respond to people like you.

The niggers still had it bad in the North, faggot. Yes slavery wasn't a major issue, but Niggers still faced many issues in the North. Also, one of the biggest most violent and loud race riots happened in the NORTH. Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_draft_riots

THE CIVIL WAR WAS ABOUT MONEY AND CONTROL. NOT RACE OR SLAVERY.

The fuck do you mean? I was very clear. Read my post again. Also, don't use kek. You don't deserve to.

Not an argument.

Great argument, but it still doesn't change the well-established fact that slavery was the main issue. I could spoonfeed you a source, but I think you'd be better off doing a Google search for "main causes for the Civil War"–you'll be presented with thousands upon thousands of notable sources that back me up… or you could just go to stormfront or wherever you like to get your ""history"".

Oh OK

This will be my last response, as I've wasted way too much time bickering with you…
KEK

That is a pop culture fucking myth. If you go to Google, even libshit websites like Huff post say it wasn't ALL about slavery.

R E A D A F U C K I N G B O O K

>trusting (((google)))
from abrahamlincolnonline.org/lincoln/speeches/greeley.htm

lincoln was a tyrant. no 2 ways around it.

There were more slave owners up north than there were down in Dixie. At slavery's height, only 1.5% of Americans owned slaves. The idea that a war was started on 1.5% of the populations' behalf isn't something to respond to with hatred directed at the rest of the society - instead of blaming the poor farmers and working class people of the South, you ought to try educating them about how the war was directly counter to their best interests.

Faggot

According to estimates, it was trusting (((google)))

Complete bullshit. Nearly 100% of blacks living in the North were free in 1860 (compared to only 6.2 percent in the South). And at no time before the Civil War (at least not after the first U.S. Census was taken in 1790 and future states were added) did free blacks in the North ever outnumber those in the South.

The confederates were all white supremacists
U fuckin serious? Yeah, I think it's safe to assume that most whites living in the south in the 19th century considered whites to be far superior to blacks.

I already addressed that. Yes, many of them just hated the government. But every response i've received has basically strawmanned the fuck out of the main point I was trying to make, so there's no point in reiterating it.

he can't post on Holla Forums because they'd permaban him for being a kike/shill/faggot

Good point.

And here we have a great little example of how echochambers get started, kids.

All the seceding states issued Declarations of Causes of secession. They all talked about literally nothing but slavery. Only one or two of them even mentioned the economics of slavery, the rest all just talked about the moral righteousness of it. The civil war was literally all about slavery, as stated by the states themselves.

Individual soldiers of course fight for abstract reasons like honor and patriotism, but then you might as well say no war is fought for any reason other than that, because that's almost always the reason of the individual soldier. The higher ups whose command they were fighting under and whose interests they were fighting for were openly and very vocally concerned about nothing but slavery.

You can ignore the guy with thousands and thousands of sources, you only need one for each confederate state. They all issued statements saying they were fighting for slavery, and never said any other reasons.

We've been refuting everything you've said instead of just using ad hominems and name-calling the entire thread, you fucking shill.

the reasons for secession are irrelevant. it was a state's right to secede for any reason they fucking wanted. that user believes the civil war was fought over slavery because that's what his zogbot indoctrination camp taught him as a child. before the civil war, we had sovereign entities called states. now we only have the federal government, and the states' sovereignty has been neutered. love it or hate it, lincoln gets the credit for that. he overstepped his authority, and in his own words, he didn't give a shit about slavery, only about keeping the union together. i could mine for sources explaining how the civil war was fought over the north needing their "gibs" that only came through taxing the south, but i can't be assed to feed a shill thread. without the south, the US government would have gone broke. pre civil war, the USA was a voluntary collective of sovereign territories. post civil war, it was a centralized authoritarian empire. the same will happen with europe if they all don't follow the brexit example. in 100 or 200 years, germany, france, italy, etc will exist in name only. all governing will come from the EU zog headquarters.

Yet another strawman

Here's what you don't seem to understand, you fucking simpleton: The entire north may not have been fighting for purely moral reasons, and the entire south may not have been fighting to own slaves; HOWEVER, going back to what started this whole debate in the first place, given that the main issue at the center of the conflict was slavery–and the main reason listed by the seceding states was slavery–confederate statues mainly represent the fight for the right to own human beings as slaves. Period.

Because that's what the states literally said they were fighting for.

I never argued Lincoln gave a shit about slavery. I agree with you largely on that. Ironically, if it weren't for the south getting too defensive about the issue, the federal government probably never would have been able to make slavery illegal without the pretense of war behind it. At least not for a pretty long time.

You're right in that the union could have let those states leave and let the confederacy be its own country, but there are a multitude of reasons that would have been undesirable. Taxation is one of them, but not the only one. Don't act like a whole country just appearing next door isn't a threat, especially when you'd both be competing to colonize the rest of the continent.

So you can certainly argue that the north shouldn't have started to actually fight over it, that's debatable but I'd certainly say you'd have a case. But the southern states were upset with the north entirely over the issue of slavery, and they said so themselves. For the south, the war was entirely about slavery. It was the north that was debatably less interested in that and simply interested in keeping the country together.

So post a fucking quote so that this pointless thread can end.

civilwar.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states
Literally first result found. I haven't read it but seems to just be the primary documents in question. If I'm wrong on that, just search for them somewhere else. No need to read anyone's interpretation. It's a black and white issue.

Britfag here
Yes they are
That women is a real beauty, easily a 10/10 in this country

top kek. have you even read those? sure, they all mention the institution of slavery, but they also mention things like:
just proving my point, tbh

states' rights to own slaves
The unfounded fear that the government would take away their constitutionally protected slavery. Ironically, this ended up happening largely because of their over defensiveness on the issue. Even if the feds seriously wanted to, they never would have gotten away with it without the pretense of war.

Said in reference to the fear that the federal government would come for their slaves, which, again, they couldn't have done if not for the war.

This shitshow of a thread is the reason I should have never left Serbia during the Yugoslav wars.

Good.

i think i understand now how justin trudeau is the PM

i agree wholeheartedly

I care about historical monuments. Whenever I'm walking through a park and see some statue I always go to see if there is any plaques on them, I like looking up how old they are, the history behind them. I love history. And I care about my communities history. It must truly be depressing none of these antifa do. Honestly though I would hate history too if I was told by bias liberal social science teachers that history has always been about hate with any losing side to a war being morally wrong 100 percent of the time instead of teaching that morals aren't black and white and are instead on a complex spectrum and there are two sides to every story.

>This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution.
>Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery — subordination to the superior race — is his natural and normal condition.
From a speech by Alexander Stephens, Vice President of the Confederate States.

Excerpt of a letter from John S. Mosby, a colonel in the Confederate army.

sweet image

Overdosed a lil on the liberalism but good riddance. Statues are a waste of fucking materials. Tear that shit down and build a bench with it or something.

Yeah, we need diversity of opinion. Why aren't we teaching Lamarckian evolution in schools? Equal time for ALL opinions. Who cares that it's all bullshit and a waste of time, we can just starve to death like every other communist society, but at least everything was equal.
Go fist fuck yourself with a handful of glass.

So is housing for niggers. We should repurpose the materials to something actually useful. Let them live in their mud huts in africa, you can go with them, faggot.

No skin off my bones.

y halo thar hungry skellington

Then why did the North and the North alone solely vote on making it a constitutional amendment to bar the fed from interfering from slavery in the south the they still said buzz off hmm?

Who cares?

Yea! FU black people!!

>constitutionally protected slavery
funny you should mention that

These anti semitic nazis will pay for destroying Christopher Columbus' prized monument. Christopher Columbus is a pillar of jewish history. Mark my owrda, the alt righters are behind this.

Wew, little edgy today, eh Adolf? What's the matter? Jamal didn't hold the door open while he walked past you into Starbucks, holding your aryan waifu's hand?

Uncultured man confirmed.

We're not sorry.

Educate yourself.

fuck off jew

That peak period was also the peak period of Klan membership. There were 4 million of those little crackers back then, and now there are a few thousand. So although I understand you're butthurt about losing your self-erected participation trophies, but the USA beat you in

thank god there's another non-retard ITT