Hey Holla Forums, I'm socially retarded and don't know how to phrase things in conversation. I gotta quit my job...

Hey Holla Forums, I'm socially retarded and don't know how to phrase things in conversation. I gotta quit my job, but without burning any bridges. How do I go about having that conversation? What do I say?

Other urls found in this thread:

ovh.com/us/vps/vps-ssd.xml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

"Sigh, I gotta quit my job. It's serious, I'm socially retarded, and I just say… I'm gonna quit my job, boss"

Boss: OK

Sounds like it wouldn't go too well if I need to use this current boss as a reference, which I probably will.

Where do you work at

Give more details. Why are you quitting?
If you are quitting for a shitty reason, it will be harder to sell, no matter how you phrase it.

Boston Market. I started it as a 3 day a week part time gig and it's turned into a life consuming 5-6 day a week because I'm the fall guy for when somebody needs to call in sick, every fucking time. Finally at the end of my rope after about two months.

Does it pay good? Do you have something else lined up? Would be dumb to quit and you don't know if there is something else you can find.
If it pays good, it can be a good jump off point to bigger and better things.
I have a life consuming 6 day a week job. But it gives me the money to buy the tech shit I need to become a web dev so I hang in there.

"I'm burning out, boss. I need fewer hours or a lot more pay"

"no"

"okay, here's my resignation"/"okay, this is my two week notice"

I'm quitting because they refuse to put more people on the payroll. They have three dishwashers but one constantly calls in sick and the other is only a two night a week thing, so I'm the fall guy for every time they come up short on people. Everybody is a part timer with 15-25 hours a week except the assistant managers and the manager because they're cheap as fuck and don't want to pay out bennies or overtime.

Pay is minimum wage, and nothing else lined up, but I'd bet my left testicle I could walk in to a supermarket or a place like Target and get a stocker/freight team job easy. I'd just be trading minimum wage for minimum wage. But it's the job itself that I don't like. Gotta get a few lungfulls of oven degreaser every time you clean those ovens, and I'm 6'4'', so I physically can't stand over that short ass four compartment sink bent over all day. My back feels wrecked at the end of day.

Reasonable. Just hurry up and get it done with. I may have just the job for you.

OP you seriously need to get a new job lined up before you quit. It's much easier to get a job when you already have one.

do this or get fired. either way works

OP here. Gotta go in to work in ~40. Think I'm gonna have a conversation with the manager and take off a few days in a row at the end of the week, and start searching for a new job in that time, and give my manager my two week notice as soon as I find another job.

lel

Manager isn't here, fuck me.

I will. Also, good luck

how low is your pay? u dont need more than 300€ laptop in order to get into web tech

Well, it's not just the tech shit.
I can't smooch off the people I live with so it covers my expenses.
It allows me freedom to buy the odd pack of cigs when I feel the urge too. It'd be pathetic to beg for that.
And I also need money for server cost. I am learning on my own. So no degrees.
I want to make my own website so my potential employers can at least see that I can do something.
There are not many people around my area that get into the computer stuff so the threshold is low.
If you are good then booyah! dinero!

ovh.com/us/vps/vps-ssd.xml

That's not going to look all that great on a resume. Stick it out for another 4.

kys leaf you're retarded do you think Boston Market registered trademark looks good on a resume? he's even better off being a NEET instead

Tell them the truth. You are a lazy shit and just want to be a neet. Or you could just do what I did, slip your resignation on the manager's desk when no one is looking and date it two weeks back so it looks like you gave notice. That way you can avoid confrontation. Afterwards make sure to never go back for any reason. Alternatively, just lie and say you are moving or found a better job elsewhere.

Next time someone calls in sick, man up and tell them to fuck off. Stop being a pussy. No one has ever dared asked me to fill for them.

op, go to a temp agency. most of the jobs suck but the pays better than hellholes like that. just stop covering for coworkers if you hate it so much, tell them your busy.